Closed Thread

Thread: Cooking Okra

kobayashi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Cooking Okra

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me what the best way to cook okra is? I was thinking of just pan frying it. . . maybe with a touch of olive oil? what about spices?

Also, should I cook them whole, or cut them up? I've never actually had it before, but bought some to try. . . . now I need your help

Thanks in advance,
    -k
    the.usual.suspect@hushmail.com

There are too many people, and too few human beings
    -- Robert Zend

fled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im 8 years late but whatever...

I usually cut em up and stir fry with onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, black pepper, a tad of salt, in olive oil. Quite tasty, one of my faves. Goes well with rice and your protien meat.

cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fled View Post
    Im 8 years late but whatever...

I usually cut em up and stir fry with onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, black pepper, a tad of salt, in olive oil. Quite tasty, one of my faves. Goes well with rice and your protien meat.
    Talk about a bump.
    c☆c☆c

tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP could have mastered the art of preparing OKRA by now lol.. nice bump
    The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Eiffel6565 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cut.copy View Post
    Talk about a bump.
    i see that bump & i will raise you one, usually, you cut them then wash, stir fry with some tomato sauce and onions some herbs. good luck.