BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50)

rowing machine for HIIT?

how effective would it be compared to say running or biking? i was originally thinking of doing elliptical but someone on here said that ellipticals don't use the whole body and as such are ineffective when compared to running. i'd rather not do HIIT on treadmills since its hard to judge what one's max is and the temp out here these days is 90+ and i'd rather just not do that lol :P

tips/advice/comments?

RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try HIIT on the bicycle. That's extremely effective. But, I would think HIIT on the rowing machine would be effective. I would prefer to do the cycling though.

goldingpie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Try HITT on the row machine. You'll wish you went biking instead. lol
    Grant

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do my HIIT by running,so that I can really lose my breath on the working periods,can do that on the treadmill,because some of them has limited speeds...
    https://www.egyfitness.com

EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nothing beats a treadmill. Its easiest to program but hardest to do. Imo.

Soon to be mean n lean! Dominikm's Avatar
    Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by EazyE15 View Post
    Nothing beats a treadmill. Its easiest to program but hardest to do. Imo.
    X2, the better one you can program in a sprint speed and all you do it hit that sprint button and it changes speed, after your 30 seconds is up you hit that button again and your back to your regular pace...

HIIT or a rower, I tried that before... Regardless of what speeds your gonna do it screws you up really bad, so yea its good... Any hiit is...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120534891 - May 1st Challenge. (Prize!) Thread

27/11 - 92.9kg
    04/12 - 92.4kg
    Dec - Month off for the festive season
    04/01 - 101.7kg
    11/01 - 96.95kg
    18/01 - 93.10kg
    25/01 - 92.95kg
    01/02 - 90.70kg
    08/02 - 90.20kg
    15/02 - 87.5kg
    01/03 - 87kg

BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMEgrad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks for all the responses guys. i've lost 19 lbs in the past month and want to get down to 200 lbs (another 19 lbs) by my 21st birthday (middle of sept), so hopefully hiit can help me do this.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    HIIT on the row machine is fine. HIIT on ANYTHING if fine if you are working hard. I like to do HIIT in the pool or in the squat rack. Try doing some 20 rep squats with 45-60 seconds rest in between. After 4-5 sets of that you'll be ready to puke.

elvarrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elvarrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elvarrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elvarrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elvarrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elvarrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elvarrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elvarrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elvarrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elvarrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elvarrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BMEgrad View Post
    how effective would it be compared to say running or biking? i was originally thinking of doing elliptical but someone on here said that ellipticals don't use the whole body and as such are ineffective when compared to running. i'd rather not do HIIT on treadmills since its hard to judge what one's max is and the temp out here these days is 90+ and i'd rather just not do that lol :P

tips/advice/comments?
    IMO, that is one of the best cardios ever!

best = hardest
    hardest = most effective

You use your whole body, it's exhausts your quads, glutes, lats, forearms, biceps, and more!
    And it also wears out your lungs and it's much easier to get this "I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE *PUKE* " feeling than ever on the treadmill. (Wich is pretty much what you want when doing HIIT)

And also, you shouldn't do HIIT on a treadmill. You should be able to control your speed and effort more than on the treadmill, cause you can be able to push your self harder on some days than others.
    So instead of changing the speed on the treadmill f.ex from 4mi/hr to 12mi/hr every 40/20 seconds (or whatever time you use) you can just row as HARD AS YOU CAN everytime, and not be paced by the machine. (also works for cycleing, sprinting outdoors, burpees and almost everything except for the treadmill)

Hope I made it clear what I ment

Originally Posted by elvarrr View Post
    IMO, that is one of the best cardios ever!

best = hardest
    hardest = most effective

You use your whole body, it's exhausts your quads, glutes, lats, forearms, biceps, and more!
    And it also wears out your lungs and it's much easier to get this "I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE *PUKE* " feeling than ever on the treadmill. (Wich is pretty much what you want when doing HIIT)

And also, you shouldn't do HIIT on a treadmill. You should be able to control your speed and effort more than on the treadmill, cause you can be able to push your self harder on some days than others.
    So instead of changing the speed on the treadmill f.ex from 4mi/hr to 12mi/hr every 40/20 seconds (or whatever time you use) you can just row as HARD AS YOU CAN everytime, and not be paced by the machine. (also works for cycleing, sprinting outdoors, burpees and almost everything except for the treadmill)

Hope I made it clear what I ment
    thanks. thats exactly the reason i didn't want to use the treadmill and was looking to use a machine that allowed me to go as fast as i can.

thanks for the tips guys. do you guys have any recommendations on HIIT programs?

blodder24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rowing HIIT = Death

I highly recommend you do it. Very hard, very effective

thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by blodder24 View Post
    Rowing HIIT = Death

I highly recommend you do it. Very hard, very effective
    Whats more important do you think? Speed or resistance?

toasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) toasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) toasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) toasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) toasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) toasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) toasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) toasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) toasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) toasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) toasty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    make sure you know what your doing so you dont mess up your back
    PSU

Al Faz is not very well liked. (-100) Al Faz is not very well liked. (-100) Al Faz is not very well liked. (-100) Al Faz is not very well liked. (-100) Al Faz is not very well liked. (-100) Al Faz is not very well liked. (-100) Al Faz is not very well liked. (-100) Al Faz is not very well liked. (-100) Al Faz is not very well liked. (-100) Al Faz is not very well liked. (-100) Al Faz is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by BMEgrad View Post

tips/advice/comments?
    My advice? Dont do it!! its fukin HARD and can kill your cns seriously dont!!!!

thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000) thickmasss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SUPERB0Y View Post
    Whats more important do you think? Speed or resistance?
    bump

Wolv4Life is not very well liked. (-100) Wolv4Life is not very well liked. (-100) Wolv4Life is not very well liked. (-100) Wolv4Life is not very well liked. (-100) Wolv4Life is not very well liked. (-100) Wolv4Life is not very well liked. (-100) Wolv4Life is not very well liked. (-100) Wolv4Life is not very well liked. (-100) Wolv4Life is not very well liked. (-100) Wolv4Life is not very well liked. (-100) Wolv4Life is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by SUPERB0Y View Post
    bump
    I usually put the Resistance at 10 and go as fast as I can for 45 secs. Rest for 30 secs. Rinse. Repeat. I do this for 20 mins and it really kills you.

Just remember to maintain good form throughout. Try to find one next to a mirror. If you bend your back forward during the eccentric part of the exercise, you'll find your back starts to hurt after a few minutes.

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    rowing is awesome. Do it
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski

tanyad12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanyad12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanyad12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanyad12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanyad12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanyad12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanyad12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanyad12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanyad12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanyad12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanyad12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I participated in a study where they were comparing VO2max data between the treadmill and rowing machine. My Vo2max was about the same on both machines (e.g. what they were testing), but the rower was 100x harder when I got towards my max (e.g. like you are doing with HIIT).