Closed Thread
    FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000)

Is this safe for the back? (squat advice) ***PIC***

when i squat, i keep the upper part of my spine straight but i bend my lower back outwards so i can better hit the hamstrings.

is this correct when you're squatting? is this safe for the back? or are you supposed to keep the entire spine and back straight?

lol i drew a picture on paint so you can get an idea of what i'm talking about; it's pretty crappy tho.

thanks.
    Attached Images

pattrickk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pattrickk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pattrickk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pattrickk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pattrickk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pattrickk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pattrickk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pattrickk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If your as$ looks like that when you squat id be worried. but on a serious note, i stick my butt out to squat.

burtonflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pattrickk View Post
    If your as$ looks like that when you squat id be worried. but on a serious note, i stick my butt out to squat.
    Same.

etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    everything isnt going to stay exactly straight when you squat just make sure it feels right and you have control of the weight and the weight doesnt have control of you.

Mr Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea just make sure you can control the weight. if you cant handle the weight and you squat wrong it can end up bad.

FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000)
    i guess i will keep doing that then, thanks guys

Gangster of Medieval War swordsmanzenn's Avatar
    swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    butt out. thats form will cripple you. i saw a pic of a bb who was doing a photo shoot and kind of did that. his career was over.

Originally Posted by swordsmanzenn View Post
    butt out. thats form will cripple you. i saw a pic of a bb who was doing a photo shoot and kind of did that. his career was over.
    so how are you supposed to squat? the whole back completely straight?

Der Meister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Der Meister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Der Meister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Der Meister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Der Meister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Der Meister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am wondering this too. For some reason no matter what i do i CANNOT keep my back straight when i squat. Even just using a broomstick to stretch when i look my back is arched a little. Is this ok?

slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, you're meant to.

Think of it this way: your knees should never go past your toes. If you always make sure your knees are behind your toes, you'll have good form.

7% bodyfat here I come Mike Zero's Avatar
    Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Der Meister View Post
    I am wondering this too. For some reason no matter what i do i CANNOT keep my back straight when i squat. Even just using a broomstick to stretch when i look my back is arched a little. Is this ok?
    Yeah that's fine. A massive arch is just silly though.

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As lng as there is some semblence of an arch...

OP, next time you squat, put an inch or 2 of weightunder your heel, PM and tell me what this doesfor your form.

Registered User TrainerDrewCSCS's Avatar
    TrainerDrewCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't say your back should be straight, as in trying to sit up straight. A lot of times clients think they need to keep their upper body completely upright which is not the case. There is a forward lean in the squat, but your back should be FLAT or even slightly arched, while tightening your abs, especially at the bottom through the sticking point. Keep your shoulders over your knees and your knees behind your toe line. This should ensure you're doing them right

NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're picture is what I'm thinking...you kind of relax your lower back at the bottom so you can go deeper? If so, Rippetoe doesn't recommend this, since you relax, but I see a slot of guys (Matt Ogus, Lee Hayward) doing this and they're both strong so I think it's alright.
    /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\

HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just sit back with it like youre taking a ****. literally. As if you're sitting down on a chair. Keep the spines natural curve, dont BEND or CURVE it, let your back go outand make your hips follow. Dont just stick your ass out.

Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Search "so you think you can squat" on youtune. Its 4 parts. Will get you in check with great form by end i can guarantee you. Each parts like 5 min long and worth the watch x100. Great tricks anf techniques to get your form situated and learned stuff i didnt know if i hadnt watched the vids. Srs it will prevent any other questions
    University of Florida

Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Take a real picture, you will get much more accurate advice.

Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    strong 5 year bump guys....

Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Extuhsee View Post
    strong 5 year bump guys....
    Came to comment just this.

Wtf guys.
    ★★★ Thick. ★★★
    ★★★ Solid. ★★★
    ★★★ Tight. ★★★

NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NroK1118 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, totally didn't notice! :P
    /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\