Closed Thread
Page 172 of 337 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 272 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 10105
    determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ski23man View Post
    Ok I've been on this for about almost 2 weeks and really only lost about 1.5lbs of this morning, being doing HIIT I have moderate carb intakes with basically 60 grams of oats pre-WO and 40 grams waximaize post WO. I really expected a more dramatic drop but I guess a drop is better than nothing. Almost seems the same as my regular cut.

I'm so torned between cutting my carbs further, either pre or post workout meals but you either need one for the energy before training or for recovery after training, so which one to cut I guess would be my question.

I might just have to try the fasted workouts and rely on my BCAA purple wrath drink with caffeine and just take in my post workout carbs...!?!?!?

What do you guys think?
    Id say that rate of loss is optimal and stay with the same program.
    Restricting Carbs may deplete your water and cause you to drop quicker but it will be water weight not fat.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    so do you guys watch your calories, macros ext. during the 8 hours or just kind of wing it? just out of curiosity...
    Your cage has no bars.

ski23man is on a distinguished road. (+10) ski23man is on a distinguished road. (+10) ski23man is on a distinguished road. (+10) ski23man is on a distinguished road. (+10) ski23man is on a distinguished road. (+10) ski23man is on a distinguished road. (+10) ski23man is on a distinguished road. (+10) ski23man is on a distinguished road. (+10) ski23man is on a distinguished road. (+10) ski23man is on a distinguished road. (+10) ski23man is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    watch my calories first and then just adjust my macros.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by joelmondo View Post
    so do you guys watch your calories, macros ext. during the 8 hours or just kind of wing it? just out of curiosity...
    make sure calories on on point (regardless of cutting, bulking or maintaining) then make sure your minimum requirements are met for macros

IF doesn't change the science of calories
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Using the IF Lean Gains Method :

just wondering how important is it 2 increase/decrease macros on workout and non work out days?

also how many grams of C-P-F should be takein on a bulk and how many should be takin on a cut (2 lose fat and gain mass)

- sry if these q. were asked b4...

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    For someone around 14-15% BF, 188lbs - how fast would you guys recommend I try to lose fat?

I am happy to do it slowly on a moderate defecit but if I do it slowly I want to be reasonably sure I'm going to gain a little muscle at the same time - if not, I may as well do it faster...

Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    For someone around 14-15% BF, 188lbs - how fast would you guys recommend I try to lose fat?

I am happy to do it slowly on a moderate defecit but if I do it slowly I want to be reasonably sure I'm going to gain a little muscle at the same time - if not, I may as well do it faster...
    I would say 2lb a week is perfect. And do not lower you calories until the drop rate slows down.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Own3r View Post
    I would say 2lb a week is perfect. And do not lower you calories until the drop rate slows down.
    Thanks for replying - I'm glad you think it would be a reasonable goal. I do too except I am having trouble even losing 0.5lb a week because I get symptoms of hypoglycemia

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119522001

I have been reading about insulin and Mr. Aragon is telling me it has no effect on body composition - does it just make you feel bad?

panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    btw what tye of workout r ppl doing on this diet? any1 try the 3 out of 10 day workout posted on lean gains b4?

how was the results?

Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Thanks for replying - I'm glad you think it would be a reasonable goal. I do too except I am having trouble even losing 0.5lb a week because I get symptoms of hypoglycemia

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119522001

I have been reading about insulin and Mr. Aragon is telling me it has no effect on body composition - does it just make you feel bad?
    Well from my personal experience depending on the size of you feeding window, you shouldn't feel any effect of possible insulin spikes and what not. Main reason would be that your blood sugar levels are quite low through out the day up until you break your fast. At that point your insulin will be higher then it was during your fasted state no matter what you do.

Then again it does take your body a few days to adopt to IF. But once you are fully adopted you are good to go!

Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    now i absolutely adore IF, mainly from the energy benefits during fasting and ease of calorie control. but has anyone switched up their IF regimine to accomodate increased calorie intake. for example im shooting for 3000 cals right now on my bulk. i workout at 3:00-4:00 so im done anywhere from 4:30-6:00. this restricts my eating window to less than 6 hours..with commuting+cooking+HW its prob more like 4-5 hours MAX im sure you will all agree with me that close to 3000 calories in a few short hours before bed is not in my best interests. plus with morning cardio (15-20 mile bike ride to school). the only thing is i absolutely LOVE the fasting feeling...energy, alertness, focus, incredible workouts. if i eat during the day i know im just not going to have this anymore should i just like eat a big breakfast and then fast until my 4:00 workout or like sip a big protein shake during the day (sources: Wavelength)? any ideas you guys have would be great!
    Trump 2016
    ~In Love With Taylor Swift Crew~
    Type O Negative is greatest band in universe crew

Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    now i absolutely adore IF, mainly from the energy benefits during fasting and ease of calorie control. but has anyone switched up their IF regimine to accomodate increased calorie intake. for example im shooting for 3000 cals right now on my bulk. i workout at 3:00-4:00 so im done anywhere from 4:30-6:00. this restricts my eating window to less than 6 hours..with commuting+cooking+HW its prob more like 4-5 hours MAX im sure you will all agree with me that close to 3000 calories in a few short hours before bed is not in my best interests. plus with morning cardio (15-20 mile bike ride to school). the only thing is i absolutely LOVE the fasting feeling...energy, alertness, focus, incredible workouts. if i eat during the day i know im just not going to have this anymore should i just like eat a big breakfast and then fast until my 4:00 workout or like sip a big protein shake during the day (sources: Wavelength)? any ideas you guys have would be great!
    Id probably just eat lightly in the hours leading up to the workout
    I find once I start eating anything substantial (like a big breakfast) that fasting is harder.
    Founder of MMDELAD

Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    Id probably just eat lightly in the hours leading up to the workout
    I find once I start eating anything substantial (like a big breakfast) that fasting is harder.
    yeah im going to try eating different things during the day too see how they affect my energy levels. i notice that generally if i eat alot carbs during the day i will feel drowsy and blah however if i eat them at night/postworkout i feel awesome! weird huh? im thinking some coffee mixed with protein or maybe some hardboiled eggs throughout the day...
    Trump 2016

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ted, I hate to be real with you, but all of your posts show you debating about weather or not IF is the thing to do for you. You either want to do it or you do not. 3,000 calories in a couple hours is nothing debating on what sources of food you are eating. You can easily suck down 3,000 calories spread across two meals of pasta + Shakes + Olive Oil, throw in some veggies, eat a handful of nuts, and its done.

Dont make things hard,if your schedule is tight then dont do something that interferes with your schedule..

LIFE > Your eating schedule / work schedule. Dont make things complicated, if you keep thinking IF may interfere with making you catabolic and doing fasted workouts etc and you debate martin's scientific backing then do your own thing and dont complain about this and that. If you want something. JUST DO IT. I can easily get in 3000-3600+ calories in a 3 hour time frame.

Hey Ted! I switched in to bulking right now. I started increasing my daily calories and at the same time I started increasing my feeding window. I am currently at 3600 cals a day and my feeding window is open from 9am to 9pm. And to be honest I do like the results. I simply believe that your body can not fully process/profit from all the nutrients if you stick 4k cals in it in 4 hours.

PhD in Broscience, 2009 soundcheck129's Avatar
    soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Ted, I hate to be real with you, but all of your posts show you debating about weather or not IF is the thing to do for you. You either want to do it or you do not. 3,000 calories in a couple hours is nothing debating on what sources of food you are eating. You can easily suck down 3,000 calories spread across two meals of pasta + Shakes + Olive Oil, throw in some veggies, eat a handful of nuts, and its done.

Dont make things hard,if your schedule is tight then dont do something that interferes with your schedule..

LIFE > Your eating schedule / work schedule. Dont make things complicated, if you keep thinking IF may interfere with making you catabolic and doing fasted workouts etc and you debate martin's scientific backing then do your own thing and dont complain about this and that. If you want something. JUST DO IT. I can easily get in 3000-3600+ calories in a 3 hour time frame.
    Bob makes some very good points.

Also, this is not a call out, but if I remember correctly a lot of your past posts have been about how you've had issues with binge eating, mowing down boxes of cereal and whatnot. Given that history, I'm not sure that an eating plan that is so conducive to binge-style eating (a lot of calories in a small window) is the best choice for you.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

Free H:VOL! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165477791

Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Training and Nutrition

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

Originally Posted by soundcheck129 View Post
    Bob makes some very good points.

Also, this is not a call out, but if I remember correctly a lot of your past posts have been about how you've had issues with binge eating, mowing down boxes of cereal and whatnot. Given that history, I'm not sure that an eating plan that is so conducive to binge-style eating (a lot of calories in a small window) is the best choice for you.
    actually IF is the best plan for me (cutting/calorie control at least) because it helped with my weak food intake control at the time. i have actually come a very very very long way from the binge days. havent had a "binge" in well over a month, i just evolved out of it i guess? and going with what Layzie said, i'll just look into martins science to give me piece of mind...im OCD or something, even if something works i have to know why/everything i can about it just so i can sleep at night haha. anyone who has/is sucessfully bulking with a higher calorie intake please PM me!! just a few questions and i dont want to clutter the thrad
    Trump 2016

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have, Owner is, its not rocket science, all you do is eat more calories.. Period... Eat foods that go down easier, have more shakes (make homemade gainer shakes) and induldge in some higher calorie items that you may think are dirty as long as your getting adequate protein and EFA's, there are no questions, just eat in your timeframe and be done with it.. Simple..

actually IF is the best plan for me (cutting/calorie control at least) because it helped with my weak food intake control at the time. i have actually come a very very very long way from the binge days. havent had a "binge" in well over a month, i just evolved out of it i guess? and going with what Layzie said, i'll just look into martins science to give me piece of mind...im OCD or something, even if something works i have to know why/everything i can about it just so i can sleep at night haha. anyone who has/is sucessfully bulking with a higher calorie intake please PM me!! just a few questions and i dont want to clutter the thrad
    LAyziebone is right man, its not hard just up your cals and open the window. Doing it right now

BUMP

can some 1 plz answer my Q?

Using the IF Lean Gains Method :

just wondering how important is it 2 increase/decrease macros on workout and non work out days?

also how many grams of C-P-F should be takein on a bulk and how many should be takin on a cut (2 lose fat and gain mass)

weight:170 lbm: 152 fat:9-11%

Goal is 2 cut down the body fat 2 around 6-7% and gain lean mass at the same time how much protein, carbs and fat do i need on off days and worjout days, thats pretty much the Q.

- sry if these q. were asked b4...

Ms.PersianDoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow! soo many pages to this thread...I've noticed mostly men posting on this, but I would assume it could work just as well for women?

currently eating the standard 6 meals but I am looking to rev up fat loss. I fasted for religious purposes years ago and do kinda like eating fewer times but more, any advice?
    Forget the bark. I bite.

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price." (Sun Tzu)

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your
    strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender,
    that is strength.”

grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PersianDoll View Post
    wow! soo many pages to this thread...I've noticed mostly men posting on this, but I would assume it could work just as well for women?

currently eating the standard 6 meals but I am looking to rev up fat loss. I fasted for religious purposes years ago and do kinda like eating fewer times but more, any advice?
    Yes it does work for women to but if you go to Martin Berkhan website(blog) http://www.leangains.com/ he mentions for women it's only 14hrs of fasting per day. The remaining hours is where the fasting would stop. The reason being is he found that women would have a harder time fasting for 16hrs and would get very moody.

I could see that hehe :P
    Forget the bark. I bite.

that is strength.”

so how would the diet work? I dont think I quite get it.
    This is my current diet:

6am – ½ cup quaker oatmeal + 1 scoop protein powder (about 20-22g protein and 100-110 cals) + ¼ cup crushed walnuts + 1 cup berries (mixture between raspberries/blackberries/strawberries)

7:30am - work

9am – 2 egg whites + 1 whole egg + ¼ cup cooked converted rice

12pm – 3oz. of protein + ¼ cup cooked converted rice

2:30pm – Myoplex Carb Sense

4pm – gym

5:10 – protein shake

8– 2oz. protein + 1 cup veggies + 75 grams of avocado or less than 1 tbsp PB
    Forget the bark. I bite.

that is strength.”

ohh and these are my macros!

total calories 950 calories: Protein 45%, Carbohydrates 28% and fat 22%
    Forget the bark. I bite.

that is strength.”

grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000) grooves26ca is just really nice. (+1000)
    so how would the diet work? I dont think I quite get it.
    This is my current diet
    First thing is that you must fast for 14hrs. Looking at the different times that you eat during the day it would only make 10hrs of fasting. I highly recommend that you go to the link that I provided and read as much information as you can. It's a great site.

Martin Berkhan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Martin Berkhan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Martin Berkhan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Martin Berkhan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Martin Berkhan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Martin Berkhan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Martin Berkhan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Martin Berkhan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Martin Berkhan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Martin Berkhan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Martin Berkhan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Women do 14 hrs by default, for reasons already mentioned. Some of them later transition to a 16/8 split if they have no issues during the fast. Start with 14 hrs, then try a few days of 16 hrs if you want. See which setup you feel better on and which fits better with your daily routine.
    www.leangains.com

ohh and these are my macros!

total calories 950 calories: Protein 45%, Carbohydrates 28% and fat 22%
    This is crazy low in calories and insufficient in macros
    General rule of thumb, DOnt go below:
    12 times bodyweight in calories, 1g/lb in protein, and .4-.5g/lb in fat

With your current diet your metabolism will/is slowing down.
    Founder of MMDELAD

wetheleaders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    first day IF felt great...22 hours by accident lol

then only had a 3 hour window for eating since im sleeping soon

wavelength style today

wendys ultimate chicken grill sandwich
    large chilli
    footlong overoasted chicken sub double meat
    150g beef + green beans

around 1800 calories

wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    This is crazy low in calories and insufficient in macros
    General rule of thumb, DOnt go below:
    12 times bodyweight in calories, 1g/lb in protein, and .4-.5g/lb in fat

With your current diet your metabolism will/is slowing down.
    thats bs, alot of people have to go below that to see anything happen, also look into PSMF's which drop well below 12cal/lb but keep protein much higher. Your metabolism will go down on any diet also, as long as you program in refeeds and diet breaks you'll be fine

although i agree that her cal levels are ridiculous and could do with being bumped up
    Hard Work + Consistency + Time = Results

Closed Thread
Page 172 of 337 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 272 ... LastLast