Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shibby6615
    ya id like to see some actual scientific evidence. i've always had some acne, but it cleared up almost completely since the last time i've taken accutane. now i take creatine, about 5 grams a day, and i have almost no acne at all. i've been off accutane for like 8 months or so too
    Yea i also took accutane and i've taken creatine since and haven't gotten any acne from it.
    "The biggest risk in life is not taking one"

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. " - John Wooden

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing"

live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ive been taking creatine for about 2 weeks now, and my face is really dry, I have never had problems with acne but now its breaking out a little and dryed out.

BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down

Well... this is BS. I went to the dermo. for a minor skin rash on my face (which clear up within weeks of it starting) and asked him about this sort of stuff. He claimed that it is a myth that eating greasy foods and such affect the face. I continued to ask him questions, I got around to asking him is supplements such as protein shakes,creatine, glutamine, etc. would affect my face (dryness & oilyness<-- causes pimples and such) and he claimed that it is incredibly hard for thing you eat to specifically affect your facial skin.

So moral of this rant. What you eat doesn't affect your facial skin specifically, unless you rub your greasy potato chips on your face.

BigJ
    Stats:
    -------------------
    6'3"
    205 lbs
    Bicep : 16"
    Chest 43"
    Quad: 26"
    Waist" 32"
    Calf: 18"

40 time---------- 4.41

Latorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Latorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Latorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Latorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Latorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Latorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Latorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Latorian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    To make it glow and acne free, one must wash their face on a regular basis. There are certain skin care products like dermalmd acne serum and moisturizers and some treatment which can also be used.

CoreyManCan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used creatine and I really never noticed gaining acne what so ever. It could just be your genetics, everyone gets acne some worse then others.

Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Thanks for clearing this up. I've been waiting 13 years for a solution

cadital is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RedFiredSoul View Post
    thanks for telling m8, i got off accutane a little bit over a month ago. I was just about to use creatine this week! Do you meen you get more acne because you took accutane? or do you meen you always got acne from creatine and that the accutane doesn,t make the side effects from creatine worse?
    My dermatologist suggest me and it is useful for preventing breakout of my skin.The cream and is good but not the mask. I am using it daily following dermalmd face care and now my skin is acne free.

krishten001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey DreamBig

My Best suggetion is hydrated yourself because you only told that your dong workouts. It May be one of the reason to get acne. So try to drink more water and hydrate yourself

Chodelkin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

change the diet

Originally Posted by DreamBig View Post
    To begin my story, Ive been lifting since april of 2003. Over summer 2003 I developed pretty serious acne and it sucked majorly. In August I saw a dermo and after bloodwork, I had my accutane in September 03. I was on 20 mg in the morning, and 20 mg at night, 40 mg total a day. I endured the dry skin, chapped lips, sore lower back, random nose bleeds, and extremely red face for 5 months. In January 04, I was finished, and the side effects were gone after about 2 weeks, and I felt great. No pimple for the past 3-4 months, no oily face by the end of the day, and it was as smooth at a baby's bottom.

After the school year, over the summer of 04, I started using creatine in late June. I gained about 10 pounds, and put 25 pounds on my bench. By the end of July, I had some small pimples popping up. Come the middle of August, and the beginning of the school year, my acne was as bad as it was the previous summer, and that was pretty bad. I saw the dermo again, and he didn't know why it came back. In the office, I got the usual Q & A from the doc before I got my prescription. One of the questions was "Do you do any sports?" I said "no". So, he put me on Retin-A micro and oral antibiotics. After I paid for the visit, I saw the doc again and asked him if increased stress from weight lifting could have made it come back. I remember the exact words he said..."Weight lifting wouldn't have any effect on your face, in fact, it might help it. As long as you are not taking steroids or creatine, it shouldn't make a difference."

I felt pretty stupid now. I just said thanks and left the office. I didnt bother to ask how creatine made acne worse, or countered the effects of the Accutane, but he said it did, and he didnt even know I was on it (on creatine, ive never done steroids). When I got home, I threw all my creatine away. I was pretty pissed that this sh*t made my acne come back....

After all... Id rather have the clear face than the little boost Creatine gives you for looking big and being strong. And with the clear face, you can bulk tons more with out breaking out.

Ive been on Retin-A and the orals for 8 weeks now, and there is a small difference, but not enough. I saw the doc again 2 days ago, and I had blood drawn yesterday (wednesday 11/9/04). Hopefully I will have my accutane again soon.

Long Story Short---------------- Creatine counters Accutane and might possibly cause more ance

Clear face vs. Big, Strong and full of water

You Decide.
    I had also severe problems with acne. The only thing that helped was changing my diet and my daily skincare routine.
    Acne is something that requires patience, its a marathon, not a sprint.

Good luck