Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

The Science Of Winning According To Vasili Alexeyev

Great article by Dmitry Ivanov about Alexeev and his training theories:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/F...42/Atext3.html

I particularly liked this part:

"Here they've put up a lot of mirrors in the gyms. They're good for furniture but not for training. When an athlete looks into the mirror he gets away from himself; instead he should be totally focused. In the mirror you'll see nothing but your image. This means that you won't understand and won't pick up the technique of exercise, you won't make sense out of the method. My advice during training is to think, think, think! ..."

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Bump, advice from the man himself
    I watched him live in the olympics, yes, they had TVs back then...
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its funny... reading that I realise alot of what my coach does with me is so heavily influenced under that thought of training.

I do disagree to a certain point, however. I believe that the coach plays a much larger role then he says, I know when Im at comp, my respect and complete and unquestionalbe trust in my coach helps me lift.

All I have to do is look at him, all he needs to do is nod and the weight is mine!!!

I mean sure alexeyev became his own coach in the regard, but few people can do that, and it takes decades.

Full on... this just makes me want gold more.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Big_fuzzy View Post
    Its funny... reading that I realise alot of what my coach does with me is so heavily influenced under that thought of training.

I do disagree to a certain point, however. I believe that the coach plays a much larger role then he says, I know when Im at comp, my respect and complete and unquestionalbe trust in my coach helps me lift.

All I have to do is look at him, all he needs to do is nod and the weight is mine!!!

I mean sure alexeyev became his own coach in the regard, but few people can do that, and it takes decades.

Full on... this just makes me want gold more.
    Which club are you with down there? Queensland by any chance, those guys seem to have a great system!

How many comps have you done so far?

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Big_fuzzy View Post

I think (this does happen upon occasion) that Alexeev was not stating that one should not listen to your coach, but rather that one should not listen blindly, as so often happens.

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Which club are you with down there? Queensland by any chance, those guys seem to have a great system!

How many comps have you done so far?

1 comp to date, Im training down at SASI and SAWLA (south aus weightlifting assoc.). God these lifts are freaking hard, but the powerlifting background helped alot, especially with squats and keeping back tight etc etc.