hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The Ultimate Strength Routine?

I want to get as strong as possible by October. I have been following Rippetoe's program for 4 months and have made good gains, but now the gains have slowed down alot. I am thinking about switching things up and bit and making a combo of all the compound lifts in Rippetoe's and Olympic lifts. I play hockey so I need strength and also explosive power. I'm not too concerned about looking huge because I am an athlete and not following a bodybuilding routine. I'm hoping following a high calorie/protein diet combined with lots of cardio from sprinting and plyometrics will get me looking cut and defined. I'm looking for Olympic lifts that will give me good results. I have been doing power cleans recently and love them and I want to do more Olympic lifts.

What Olympic lifts can I add to the following lifts that will give me strength and also explosive power?

-BB flat bench
    -Deadlift
    -Squat
    -Military press
    -Bent over rows

gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Powercleans, any sport that requires explosiveness, powercleans would be the best, maybe throw in C&J if you want to, didnt you make a thread about this already?
    There is no reason to live if you cannot do the deadlift

big fuzzy and tator squat to much..... not

rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hockeyplayer45 View Post
    What Olympic lifts can I add to the following lifts that will give me strength and also explosive power?

-BB flat bench
    -Deadlift
    -Squat
    -Military press
    -Bent over rows
    haha im sorry but not one of those is an olympi lift

olympic lifts are :clean and jerk, and snatch...officially

but yea jsut add in powercelan and press and snatches and since you play hockey id recommend plenty of leg excersizes and do ladder drills with logn jumps...seems to me itd be excellent help for a hocky player

Kayak_Assault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kayak_Assault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kayak_Assault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kayak_Assault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kayak_Assault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kayak_Assault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rogan181 View Post
    haha im sorry but not one of those is an olympi lift

olympic lifts are :clean and jerk, and snatch...officially

but yea jsut add in powercelan and press and snatches and since you play hockey id recommend plenty of leg excersizes and do ladder drills with logn jumps...seems to me itd be excellent help for a hocky player

He never said those were olympic lifts.

hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kayak_Assault View Post
    He never said those were olympic lifts.
    Correct. The lifts I listed are the lifts that make up the Rippetoe's program. I am asking what Olympics lifts I can add to make my gains even greater.

I appreciate the help so far.

rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well i read it wrong, to me it sounded liek "what other olympic lifts besides these can i do..." understand?

its not like it makes a difference, theres only two olympic lifts to choose from, jsut add them both in

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    the original poster did ask for an olympic lift but boith of the disputers are right...

you really have to set out a whole routine rather than just throwing in exercises...

you need to try and balance push and pull... keep the balance the same... work on weaknesses and make your goals...

Ribbed for her pleasure. GarthVader's Avatar
    GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What is Rippetoes and where can I find it?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer." - Arnold

USAF
    OEF/OIF/OIR

Boston Bruins, New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Liverpool FC.

Check out my landscape oil paintings. https://www.happypaintingsbycraig.com

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hockeyplayer45 View Post
    I want to get as strong as possible by October. I have been following Rippetoe's program for 4 months and have made good gains, but now the gains have slowed down alot. I am thinking about switching things up and bit and making a combo of all the compound lifts in Rippetoe's and Olympic lifts. I play hockey so I need strength and also explosive power. I'm not too concerned about looking huge because I am an athlete and not following a bodybuilding routine. I'm hoping following a high calorie/protein diet combined with lots of cardio from sprinting and plyometrics will get me looking cut and defined. I'm looking for Olympic lifts that will give me good results. I have been doing power cleans recently and love them and I want to do more Olympic lifts.

-BB flat bench
    -Deadlift
    -Squat
    -Military press
    -Bent over rows
    Being an athlete you can generally get by doing the 'power' versions of the lifts. I'd suggest adding in Power snatching, high pulls, and getting into some complex's aswell.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff