Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 97LT1 View Post
    I tried using a camelback but i just don't like it. I just pull over and take a drink from my bottle in my pack. My bottle cage is being used to hold my nicad battery for the niterider.
    I used to use the bottle cage..but it used to rattle out too much when off road...so I went for a bladder. I like the bladder but more storage space for other things would be good! hard to clean too!

your niterider....Do you have a link for that? does it turn night into day?

SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000) SuperDavid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    I used a HydraPak when I trained and ran the 1998 Marine Corps Marathon. The pack was a lifesaver, because I had a habit of training my Sunday long runs between 8:30am-1pm... in the summer (MCM is in October). I would fill the pack at home and refill it once or twice at a park along my route. Without it I think I would have had (de)hydration issues.

On the bike I've just always carried a water bottle and made sure I followed a route where I could refill (parks, etc.) or stop at a convenience store to buy water or a sports drink.
    yeah the bladders certainly come in handy on the longer trips!

how about these bad boys?
    any of you guys given these a shot?
    I got the blue one for my 18th and bought the red one off ebay cheap cheap!
    they are a good way to broaden your cycling skills!

konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a Specialized Hard Rock Sport and just did a 3hour mountain bking up in China Camp in Marin, took some cutty trail that was pretty dangerous, but had loads of fun.

limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those unicycles look like a good way for me to broaden my need for dental surgery. I've seen people riding them, though.

I've got a Topeak rear wheel rack and insulated bag for carrying all my stuff (usually a lock, Allen keys, water bottle, towel, wallet, cell phone, house keys). The bag is cool because it has a plate in the bottom, so all you need to do is slide it into locking position on the rack and go. I bought it mainly because I only live a few miles from my gym, grocery store, parents, sister, mall, etc. and with gas prices being what they are, I thought it was silly to drive to the store for a loaf of bread when I could just take the bike.

One thing I need to do is get the rain cover for the bag, because I've found out from personal experience that it's not waterproof.
    "This," I said pleasantly, "is known as getting it on."

Originally Posted by limniade View Post
    Those unicycles look like a good way for me to broaden my need for dental surgery. I've seen people riding them, though.

I've got a Topeak rear wheel rack and insulated bag for carrying all my stuff (usually a lock, Allen keys, water bottle, towel, wallet, cell phone, house keys). The bag is cool because it has a plate in the bottom, so all you need to do is slide it into locking position on the rack and go. I bought it mainly because I only live a few miles from my gym, grocery store, parents, sister, mall, etc. and with gas prices being what they are, I thought it was silly to drive to the store for a loaf of bread when I could just take the bike.

One thing I need to do is get the rain cover for the bag, because I've found out from personal experience that it's not waterproof.
    Don't fear the uni cycle! they are hard but definatly worth the challenge!
    and even though i've taken them to many parties with drunk people....no one had ever cracked heads or anything!

Another good thing about having a bag over your rear wheel is it stops the dreaded wet streak you get up your back on those wet days! hate that!

slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've got a Performance brand Camelback rip-off that I use on the trails because it is much easier to drink from when bouncing along than a bottle. I use bottles on my road bikes.

I can't do much of a wheelie but trackstands are what I want to be able to do but suck at.

As for attire, I go full roadie. There's nothing like wheeling up to a small store in a remote part of KY in spandex shorts and having 20 or 30 grizzly rednecks looking at you like WTF? I've thought that I heard banjo music a couple of times.

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I used a HydraPak when I trained and ran the 1998 Marine Corps Marathon. The pack was a lifesaver, because I had a habit of training my Sunday long runs between 8:30am-1pm... in the summer (MCM is in October). I would fill the pack at home and refill it once or twice at a park along my route. Without it I think I would have had (de)hydration issues.

On the bike I've just always carried a water bottle and made sure I followed a route where I could refill (parks, etc.) or stop at a convenience store to buy water or a sports drink.
    I've actually got 3 hydration pack (2 backpacks, and 1 fanny pack), but I've only used them once. I suppose they're good for long continuous rides when time is an issue or if you do trail riding, but so far, I've found the water bottles to be sufficient for me since I predominately do road riding. In addition, when I run out, I can always stop at a convenience store and get more Gatorade from the stores drink dispenser.
    I tried using a camelback but i just don't like it. I just pull over and take a drink from my bottle in my pack. My bottle cage is being used to hold my nicad battery for the niterider.
    Yep, my old one is like that too. They've since corrected that limitation though: the new ones have a velcro strap that allows it to be attached to virtually any tube on your bike (or your person). In addition, the new batteries are also about half the weight of the older nicads.
    Ageed. But I think they're more for entertainment than anything else.

Agreed, again. An excellent trunk/rack combo. In additon to various size trunk bags (some expandable) they have pannier attachments just in case you'd like to take a road trip and need even more space.

I think they designed it that way. The rain covers cost $20 bucks!! But they're so neat, and the quick release rail mechanism is a godsend: one snap and you on your way.
    Originally Posted by slackdaddy
    As for attire, I go full roadie.
    After you worn the bike shorts (especially with gel pads) you won't ever want to ride without 'em (they're so common in these parts, you won't get a second look).
    There's nothing like wheeling up to a small store in a remote part of KY in spandex shorts and having 20 or 30 grizzly rednecks looking at you like WTF? I've thought that I heard banjo music a couple of times.
    LOL! Just make sure you keep a sharp eye out for slow driving pickups in your rear view mirror!!

One final thing, bike riding has gone high tech, and many of yesterdays limitiation have been addressed and overcome. However, there is a price for this convenience--it all depend on how much you're willing to invest. There are a slew of puncture resistant measure that make getting a flat a rare event. You can purchase the Kevlar lined tires (very expensive), heavy duty tubes (a lot cheaper), or go the route like I did, and just add the puncture resistant liners.

I have literally gone through sets of tires without a single puncture. In fact, with nearly daily riding, I've only had 2 flats in seven years! And that's sweet
    Last edited by KRANE; 07-11-2007 at 03:35 PM.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    KRANE,you bought a HID light didn't you? If so which one did you get and have you tried it out yet?

KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Lightbulb Light & Motion

Originally Posted by slackdaddy View Post
    KRANE,you bought a HID light didn't you? If so which one did you get and have you tried it out yet?
    Indeed I did. And what was I thinking??

But in fact, it's GREAT! I especially like the 'plug-in', and forget feature on the charger. No more setting the alarm clocks to make sure I don't overcharge the battery. Just plug it in whenever, and leave it in if you like.

Although the actually light output is not greater (sharper but not really brighter, if that makes sense?) than the conventional halogen type light, it does operate at a reduced power rating. In addition, the frequency of light (as you may already know) is that so that it "wraps" around objects so as to illuminate them for better clearity and destinction
    Last edited by KRANE; 07-11-2007 at 04:11 PM.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

I only use my lights in the winter when it gets dark early. I bought the Niterider Rage HID last fall planning on having a good winter season but was foiled by foot surgery in Jan. The days were already long by the time I got back on the bike so it has just been a gloified flashlight so far. A damn bright flashlight but still just a flashlight.

97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuperDavid View Post
    I used to use the bottle cage..but it used to rattle out too much when off road...so I went for a bladder. I like the bladder but more storage space for other things would be good! hard to clean too!

your niterider....Do you have a link for that? does it turn night into day?
    I bought it at pricenet. It was about 265 bucks. It's an older verison niterider with a water bottle style battery. The only dual beam niterider. Its just as bright as car lights(low and high beam)

The nightrider tailight is a cluster LED light. VERY bright. It hooks up to the main battery. So much better than the battery operated tailights from the 90's.....although CatsEye made some good battery operated lighting systems back in the day.
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

Old enough to raise ya....

Originally Posted by slackdaddy View Post
    A damn bright flashlight but still just a flashlight.
    Well yeah, but what's in a name? After all, it's just the portability that determines what it's called. And they do make 'em exculsively by the way.

One more thing, these lights are bright enough to be used during the day (running light?). So when I'm in a high traffice zone, I'll turn mine on just to get a few seconds of hesitation from drivers. I find that sometimes, that's all you need to get safely through some dangerous traffic.
    Originally Posted by 97LT1
    The nightrider tailight is a cluster LED light. VERY bright. It hooks up to the main battery. So much better than the battery operated tailights from the 90's.....although CatsEye made some good battery operated lighting systems back in the day.
    Still the brightest on the market, and visible during the day (though not sold separately ). However, CatsEye does sell the tube which is a close second.
    Last edited by KRANE; 07-11-2007 at 04:35 PM.
    🎥

97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yo KRANE, how long does your battery last?
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

Yo KRANE, how long does your battery last?
    5-6 hours for 10w or 13w respectively.

And no, I don't ride that long. But I figured, "what the heck", might as well have more run time, then not enough.
    🎥

Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    5-6 hours for 10w or 13w respectively.

And no, I don't ride that long. But I figured, "what the heck", might as well have more run time, then not enough.
    True that. My battery only lasts close to 2 hours on dual high beam. Thats what sucks about the older models. Does yours get really hot? I could fry an egg on mine after an hour
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

True that. My battery only lasts close to 2 hours on dual high beam. Thats what sucks about the older models. Does yours get really hot? I could fry an egg on mine after an hour
    Halogens are well know for running hot (aka heat lamps). But to tell you the truth, I've never really tested it. I remember adjusting the beam on several occasion, and never really noticed it being hot? I guess I'll have to test it tonight, and get back to you
    🎥

limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Actually, the Topeak rain covers are currently $16 on Amazon! I've only been caught in the rain a couple times, though, so it's pretty low on the priority list. I do have the pannier rack, but not the bag yet. Next on the accessory acquisition list: headlight, mileage computer
    "This," I said pleasantly, "is known as getting it on."

[QUOTE=97LT1;59137281]True that. My battery only lasts close to 2 hours on dual high beam. Thats what sucks about the older models. Does yours get really hot? I could fry an egg on mine after an hour [/Q

When I got my first light, a Niterider digital headtrip, it said to let the battery completely discharge beofre recharging the first few times. After the first ride, I left it on and laid it in the floorboard of the truck. A few minutes later I smelled something smoking, looked down and my gloves were smoldering. It burned a hole completely through one glove.

[QUOTE=slackdaddy;59149441]
    True that. My battery only lasts close to 2 hours on dual high beam. Thats what sucks about the older models. Does yours get really hot? I could fry an egg on mine after an hour [/Q

When I got my first light, a Niterider digital headtrip, it said to let the battery completely discharge beofre recharging the first few times. After the first ride, I left it on and laid it in the floorboard of the truck. A few minutes later I smelled something smoking, looked down and my gloves were smoldering. It burned a hole completely through one glove.
    LOL! The guys at the bike shop call riders who wear headtrips "miners"
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

It must be in my blood. I used to work for a coal company and wear a headlight there.

When looking to get my first light, all my riding buddies said that if you only have one light while riding offroad, it should be a headtrip so that you will always have light where you are looking. That was pretty good advice for offroad but on the road they will get you run over when you look at oncoming traffic and it blinds the drivers. It's always nice when you look back and blind your buddies also.

konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) konvicted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Took some white flood today and skipped my leg workout and went biking and went moutain biking 3 different times with a total of like 5hours. Have pictures also, in my sig. just go to the link.

ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just have a cheapo bike but ride it about 70-80 miles a week with no trouble. I did 20 miles this morning with a avg speed of 19.

RMV is just really nice. (+1000) RMV is just really nice. (+1000) RMV is just really nice. (+1000) RMV is just really nice. (+1000) RMV is just really nice. (+1000) RMV is just really nice. (+1000) RMV is just really nice. (+1000) RMV is just really nice. (+1000) RMV is just really nice. (+1000) RMV is just really nice. (+1000) RMV is just really nice. (+1000)
    that bike looks heavy dude, it is?
    i got a gt zaskar but its lil bit old, when i used to ride

ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RMV View Post
    that bike looks heavy dude, it is?
    i got a gt zaskar but its lil bit old, when i used to ride
    36 pounds.

Originally Posted by ThaDagger View Post
    I just have a cheapo bike but ride it about 70-80 miles a week with no trouble. I did 20 miles this morning with a avg speed of 19.
    That's great.

I couldn't ride very far on any bike unless it has a good crank. My avg speed went up a great deal when i swapped my old LX crank with a XT.
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

That's great.

I couldn't ride very far on any bike unless it has a good crank. My avg speed went up a great deal when i swapped my old LX crank with a XT.
    See I dont know enough about that stuff for it to effect me. haha I did 20 today and will try 30 sunday I just want to be able to get up to 50-60 miles in one ride.

Unhappy

See I dont know enough about that stuff for it to effect me. haha I did 20 today and will try 30 sunday I just want to be able to get up to 50-60 miles in one ride.
    Just give yourself time to adapt. It's not just your stamina, too much time in the saddle before your body's used to it, can be...umm, uncomfortable?

By the way, no egg frying with the HID's. I checked it tonight, and it just gets warm to the touch.
    Actually, the Topeak rain covers are currently $16 on Amazon!
    Now you tell me? I already ordered mine.
    I've only been caught in the rain a couple times,
    You're lucky, in Florida it's the rainy season, and we get thunderstorms daily. I won't go out in the rain, (it's just too unsafe) but I do get caught out in the open by these thunderstorms, which can come up quickly out of nowhere.
    Last edited by KRANE; 07-12-2007 at 09:56 AM.
    🎥

Thats what counts
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm not quite up to that kind of ride yet. Especially not at 87 degrees.

You sissy!!

Let's see here, I just checked my odometer and since April, I've done 1,806 miles on the road and in the trainer! I'm going to break the 5,000 mile mark this year if it kills me and it just might, lol!! I'm averaging 300 miles per week and with swimming, I've gone over 20 hours of cardio training 4 times.

I ride a Jamis Komodo and a custom Trek sprinting bike. I happened into the sprint bike because it's previous owner made the 3 time loser in his drug testing, lol. I ride the velodrome locally as well as the NCR and B&A trail every weekend. Speed man, it's all about teh speed!!