Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cool Adam's DC style training log!

ADAM GOES DC STYLE WITH TRAINING!

STATS;

Name: Adam
    D/O/B: 30/8/1989
    Training experience: Since Febuary 2005
    Height: 5 ft 9 inches
    Weight: 189lbs (13 stone 7lbs)
    Penis size: 14 inches

INTRODUCTION - Hello and welcome to my new journal! I have decided to switch to Doggcrap's training principles simply out of sheer curiosity. After studying it for the last three days, I have prepared myself to carry out the intensity that it requires to its fullest extent. For those of you who have never heard of DC training before, I will list links to the articles after this introduction.

The basic principles of DC training;

"Heavy progressive weights, lower volume but higher frequency of bodyparts hit, multi-rep rest pause training, extreme stretching, carb cuttoffs, cardio, high protein intake and blasting and cruising phases (periodization)."

An insight into the training: http://www.intens************/showthread.php?t=19724

THE SPLIT

The training split is segregated into two workouts which hit your whole body. The stereotypical plan is as follows;

Monday (1)

Chest
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Back width
    Back thickness

Wednesday (1)

Biceps
    Forearms
    Calves
    Hamstrings
    Quads

--

Friday - Repeat Monday's bodyparts

Monday - Repeat Wednesday's bodyparts.

--

As you can see, this way you are hitting each bodypart two times in 8 days, and only training 3 days each week.

HERE'S WHERE IT GETS COMPLICATED!; So let's learn more about Dante's principles and his style of training

Let's talk about the actual training now. This is going to get complicated, so bear with me.

-For each bodypart, you pick 3 EXERCISES. These three exercises will be the only exercises that you perform for each bodypart. On every training day that comes, you will use one of your chosen exercises, and rotate them until you're back to square one. Here's an example of the concept I am explaining;

Monday session (1)
    Chest - Incline dumbell presses

Friday session (2)
    Chest - Weighted dips

Wednesday session (3)
    Chest - Incline dumbell flies

-As you can see, there is two weeks until you hit each exercise again. This keeps rotating itself so you workout every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Now, the intense part!

-As mentioned, Dante's main principle is simple: Progression. That means lifting heavier weights, week after week on every exercise. I.E; You get 6 reps on 90lb dumbells for presses. Next time they come around you get 6 again. The outcome? You plateau, and you HAVE TO DROP THAT EXERCISE! if you want to keep holding onto your favourite exercises then you HAVE to beat your previous PR. This leaves you in an all out battle with every exercise.

-Although this sounds theoretically impossible, there is a bit of a catch. DC training is focused on a REST PAUSE SYSTEM for EVERY SET (Excluding dangerous exercises, such as quad work or back thickness work; Squats and Deads). An example of rest pause training is as follows; let's take a look at a Dante quote leading us through a typical set DC style.

"Ron harris: Could you walk the readers through a set, DC style? Let?s assume the person is properly warmed up and ready to do a set on say, close-grip lat pulldowns."
    DC: "They would explosively pull it down to the chest and then on the negative return they would resist (control) on the way up. I don't want specific seconds, or a certain time amount, I just want control on the negative to the point if they had to, they could easily reverse direction. They would keep going to the point in the set where they would reach failure, hopefully between rep 7 and 10. At that point, they would take 10-15 deep breaths (usually 22 seconds or somewhere in that area) and then start the exercise again and go to failure once again . Then another 10-15 deep breaths. And then once again to failure. During the rest pauses you do not stay strapped to the bar or anything, you take your 10-15 deep breaths and then get back in there. Oxygen is the key here. What I'm looking for in a restpause set usually is a 11-15 rest pause total (with 3 failure points in that set). That usually comes out to something like 8 reps (failure) ...10-15 breathes....4 reps (failure)....10-15 breathes.... 2 reps (failure) = 14 rp. (hypothetically a total of 11-15 rest paused reps is what im after). "

So there you see, you have a target number of reps for each exercise split up into three sections, with around a 20 second rest in between each set (10-15 deep breaths). This is applied to all exercises that are not dangerous. For an exercise such as squats and leg work, Dante perscribes what he calls a "Widowmaker". This is basically a set of all out failure, 20 reps after your main working set which usually is around 4-8 6-10 reps.

FINISHING TOUCHES TO DC PRINCIPLES

- After all exercises, it is essential to STILL lower slowly on the eccentric part of the movement; i.e you fail on incline presses at the top. Your partner must help you lower the weight for one last repetition. (NOTE: there is no concentric phase to this). The logic behind this is for extra cellular damage and over time greater gains. All positive repetitions (concentric's) should be performed explosively.

- Dante feels it is crucial to include serious stretching after you have performed each exercise. SERIOUS stretching. This is for up to 30-60 seconds, until the pain is agonising!
    "Extreme Stretching: it must be done, it's imperative. It stretches fascia and helps recovery immensely. It will dramatically change your physique in a short amount of time if done right, trust me on that."

-Dante still firmly believes in cardio during bulking and not getting out of shape. His program is designed to put on lean muscle mass, and he feels nobody should have to put on extra fat during his program.

-Nutritionally he believes in a high protein diet and carb cut-offs after around 5pm (Depending on the time you train). He quotes that you have to eat like a 300lb mass monster in order to grow like one.

-Every 6-12 weeks, you go into "cruise mode". This is absolutely imperative to the program. You then go back into "blast mode"

To learn more about Doggcrap training, here is his whole training routine with thoughts as well.

http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

..Onto my routine...
    Last edited by Ajk_Lpool; 07-07-2007 at 08:38 AM.
    Founder of DPA Fitness & Author of The Weight Training Antidote.
    My Free E-book - The Weight Training Antidote: http://dpafitness.com/the-weight-training-antidote

LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    in
    Best Raw USAPL Competition Lifts
    S - 415
    B - 315
    D - 540
    Total - 1245

Training Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153130001&p=1052251991#post1052251991

Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    AJK'S EXERCISE SELECTION FOR THE DC ROUTINE

Note: Stretching is performed after each exercise for 30-60 seconds. Abs and cardio may be alternated in on off days. Calves are performed with an extra long negatives and a held peak contraction. I have modified the exercise order for each bodypart in order to be able to hit squats more intensley.

Monday's session (1)

Chest: Incline dumbell presses - 14 reps REST-PAUSED
    Shoulder's: Smitch machine shoulder press - 16 reps REST-PAUSED
    Triceps: Decline skullcrushers - 16 reps REST-PAUSED
    Back width: Hammer chin-ups - 14 reps REST-PAUSED
    Back Thickness: T-Bar rows - 8 reps - 4 reps

Wednesday's session (1)

Biceps: Barbell curls - 16 reps REST PAUSED
    Forearms: Hammer curls - 16 reps REST PAUSED
    Quads: Back squats - 8 reps; Widowmaker - 20 reps.
    Hamstrings: Seated leg curls; 20 reps REST PAUSED
    Calves: Donkey calf raises; 16 reps REST PAUSED

Friday's session (2)
    Chest: Weighted chest dips - 14 reps REST PAUSED
    Shoulder's: Seated glass laterals - 16 reps REST PAUSED
    Triceps: Decline close grip bench press - 16 reps REST PAUSED
    Back width: Behind neck pull-ups - 14 reps REST-PAUSED
    Back Thickness: Rack deadlifts - 8 reps - 4 reps.

Monday's session (2)
    Biceps: Incline dumbell curls - 16 reps REST PAUSED
    Forearms: Reverse grip curls - 16 reps REST PAUSED
    Hamstrings: Stiff legged deadlifts - 8 reps - 5 reps
    Calves: Standing calf raises - 16 reps - REST PAUSED
    Quads - Leg extentions - 20 reps - REST PAUSED

Wednesday's session (3)
    Chest: Incline dumbell flies - 16 reps - REST PAUSED
    Shoulder's: Dumbell shoulder press - 14 reps - REST PAUSED
    Triceps: Reverse grip pressdowns - 20 reps - REST PAUSED
    Back width: Underhand lat pulldowns - 18 reps - REST PAUSED
    Back Thickness: Yates row - 10 reps - 6 reps

Friday's session (3)
    Biceps: Cable curls - 16 reps - REST PAUSED
    Forearms: Behind back wrist curls - 30 reps - REST PAUSED
    Quads: Hack squats - 8 reps - Widowmaker; 20 reps
    Hamstrings: Lying hamstring curls - 20 reps - REST PAUSED
    Calves: Seated calf raises - 16 reps - REST PAUSED

That's it folks. I must say, I've never been this excited before a split before. I start Monday, so in the meantime, feel free to ask questions, post reccomendations etc.

-Adam

My Free E-book - The Weight Training Antidote: http://dpafitness.com/the-weight-training-antidote

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LSU1 View Post
    in

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

Wink

Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    I'm in
    Nice. Thanks

Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This should be interesting. Count me in bro!
    My Training Log -

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3028661

Registered User the iron junkie's Avatar
    the iron junkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) the iron junkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) the iron junkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) the iron junkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) the iron junkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) the iron junkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) the iron junkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) the iron junkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) the iron junkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) the iron junkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) the iron junkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Prepare for an ass whooping

lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Prepare to get blasted. I am stoked to see how this goes. Hope you plan on eating like a horse with this program.

I am in

Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cant wait to see your progress! im in, good luck adam!
    Ryan Rogerson

Dymatize Nutrition Regional Sales Manager

sparxxx13 is just really nice. (+1000) sparxxx13 is just really nice. (+1000) sparxxx13 is just really nice. (+1000) sparxxx13 is just really nice. (+1000) sparxxx13 is just really nice. (+1000) sparxxx13 is just really nice. (+1000) sparxxx13 is just really nice. (+1000) sparxxx13 is just really nice. (+1000) sparxxx13 is just really nice. (+1000) sparxxx13 is just really nice. (+1000) sparxxx13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You know I'm in this ****, show me something
    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=638809193

Originally Posted by Dustin92 View Post
    This should be interesting. Count me in bro!
    Thanks Dustin. Indeed it should be interesting. I'm excited as hell!

Originally Posted by the iron junkie View Post
    Prepare for an ass whooping
    Haha. Tell me about it. If what I heard is true, I better be damn ready.

Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
    Prepare to get blasted. I am stoked to see how this goes. Hope you plan on eating like a horse with this program.

I am in
    Thanks man good to have ya. I agree with you, I can't wait to see how it goes myself.

Originally Posted by Rog447 View Post
    Cant wait to see your progress! im in, good luck adam!
    Thanks Ryan! I can't wait, either

Originally Posted by sparxxx13 View Post
    You know I'm in this ****, show me something
    Thanks John! I knew you'd be here

..Just about to upload some pics. Might be a few start one's so that I can compare them in a few weeks time. Show you the big bag of whey I bought today as well! It's hyoooge!

Thanks for all the support people. I am going to post a diet plan up later as well. Not only is my training going to have to be bumped, but my diet is gonna have to go extreme as well.

rebuilding the bulldozer homelifter's Avatar
    homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sub'd. Are you going to post the stretches you do as part of DC?
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=664713

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

I don't ask for much on my daily goals.....just one more rep than last time.

When you stand firm in your beliefs...the people who don't will pass in and out of your life...the ones who stand with you..those are your friends.

Originally Posted by homelifter View Post
    sub'd. Are you going to post the stretches you do as part of DC?
    Thanks! Yes I will post them in a second for you. I'll just upload them onto photobucket.

TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im Dustin92' little brother and he told this would be a good journal to subscribe to.
    Good luck on the new training method.

*subscribed*

Chest stretch;

Quad stretch;

Shoulder stretch;

hanging back stretch;

Tricep stretch;

Bicep stretch;

Hamstrings;

Last edited by Ajk_Lpool; 07-07-2007 at 12:03 PM.

Just a quick note as well; on the stretches you can use weight for such as chest, the program reccomends you take your around a 70% of your max load and hold the stretch for as long as possible. Apparently, the statics become agonising but it's imperative to the plan so no complaints

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ooh, new journal!

In!
    Who was this love of yours?

rebuilding the bulldozer homelifter's Avatar
    homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Gave you your first 5 stars...good luck.
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=664713

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

I don't ask for much on my daily goals.....just one more rep than last time.

When you stand firm in your beliefs...the people who don't will pass in and out of your life...the ones who stand with you..those are your friends.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    Ooh, new journal!

In!
    Hello.

How was your vacation mate?

Talking

Originally Posted by homelifter View Post
    Gave you your first 5 stars...good luck.
    Thank you!

I'm just so excited to start this lol... When Monday comes around, I'm gonna explode.

Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dustin92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5 Stars as well. I'm sure this journal will live up to it
    My Training Log -

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3028661

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cool! I've always wondered what those stretches looked like that the DC guys do.
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

Originally Posted by danj112 View Post
    Cool! I've always wondered what those stretches looked like that the DC guys do.
    Sup Dan. I don't know if those are the actual original one's that they do, but those are what were posted in the thread on the website which shows them. I don't really know if it matters what stretch you do though, as long as it's done with heavy resistance.

Originally Posted by TG_94 View Post
    Im Dustin92' little brother and he told this would be a good journal to subscribe to.
    Good luck on the new training method.

*subscribed*
    That comment almost got away from me! haha. What's up little fella? I'm sure you'll learn a lot around here. Thanks for subscribing.

TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TG_94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ajk_Lpool View Post
    That comment almost got away from me! haha. What's up little fella? I'm sure you'll learn a lot around here. Thanks for subscribing.
    I thought you almost missed it too. lol. I've heard good things of you from my brother and I suspect that I will learn some good stuff from you.

Originally Posted by TG_94 View Post
    I thought you almost missed it too. lol. I've heard good things of you from my brother and I suspect that I will learn some good stuff from you.

I will transfer my super rep powerz to you for that nice comment

EDIT: Spread too much I'll getcha on the re charge. Congrats on making the commitment to bodybuilding.

Originally Posted by Ajk_Lpool View Post

I will transfer my super rep powerz to you for that nice comment

EDIT: Spread too much I'll getcha on the re charge. Congrats on making the commitment to bodybuilding.
    Thats allright man. Thanx alot. Dustin got me into it and I would like to become more fit and healthy.

Once again thanx.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you dont have to do those exact stretches. as long as you stretch, you should be fine. i found better stretches for triceps and back. other DCers use a different biceps stretch... so do what works for you.

those db exercises are gonna be tough to r/p with.... getting them in place is a b*tch!