oogie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

DEFINE "MR. OLYMPIA"

I get a kick out of reading everyone's post on here regarding who they think should have won.
    It's amazing how convinced people are of one or the other.
    But it seems to boil down to the fact that everyone has their own definition for what it takes to be Mr. O.
    With that said, what's your definition - pros are welcome to chime in.
    I think this will clear up why some people love Ronnie, some Dex, and Ruhl.

Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mr. Olympia = A man who is able to build as much size as possible while blending that size with excellent conditioning and excellent symmetry. He also has a good genetic muscular structure (not too blocky) and has full muscle bellies and to a degree, long muscular attatchments, and also good proportions. He is also superior to the other athletes in the sense that he can combine all these qualities better than any other athlete on the stage at that time.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The guy that wins the contest.

Location: Uk, North East....You'll find me in the Freeweights section!!!!
    K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by johnnyironboard
    The guy that wins the contest.
    lol, quite.

Mr Olympia is simple to define. The top BODYBUILDER in the proffesional world.

The real question is: how do you define someone as being top bodybuilder.

I see the best bodybuilder in the world as he who can bring a balanced combination of superior lean muscle mass, evenly displaced upon a gentically gifted frame, conditioned perfectly with minimal water retention and complete striations. Muscle bellies should be full, hard and clearly seperated.
    "Everybody want to be a bodybuilder........but dont nobody wanna lift this heavy ass weight!....Lets go!!! i'll do it though!!" Ronnie Coleman.

"Thats about...............15........hundered, thats 35, 45lb plates...so its LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!!" Ronnie Coleman.

"Come on diesel, for the Mass!!!" Dorians training partner

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious" Albert Einstein.

bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Danz
    Mr. Olympia = A man who is able to build as much size as possible while blending that size with excellent conditioning and excellent symmetry. He also has a good genetic muscular structure (not too blocky) and has full muscle bellies and to a degree, long muscular attatchments, and also good proportions. He is also superior to the other athletes in the sense that he can combine all these qualities better than any other athlete on the stage at that time.
    not quite. bodybuilding is NOT about the biggest guy. or at least it is not meant to be. otherwise that's the idea.

Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The guy tha best displays the musculature of the human form, symmetrically, proportionally perfect, and at a minimum bodyfat.

Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bdiesel
    not quite. bodybuilding is NOT about the biggest guy. or at least it is not meant to be. otherwise that's the idea.
    Read my post again. It said "build as much size as possible while blending that size with excellent conditioning and excellent symmetry" - which represents filling your mass potential without ruining the other qualities.

450g carbs a day baby tongueincheeeck's Avatar
    tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have not set a clear definition of what Mr Olympia means to me... Im still sitting on the fence... Ronnie 2004 vs Flex 1994 !!!

Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tongueincheeeck
    Ronnie 2004 vs Flex 1994 !!!
    That depends what camp you're in on the mass issue. Does mass override symmetry?

Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think of guys like Ray ,Leverone, and flex when I invision the ultimate Mr. O IMO. But thats not too take anything away from Ronnie,who is in a class of his own. I'm still not sure he's human.
    What you get by achieving your goal is not as important as what you become by achieving your goal.

Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking The Perfect Mr. O

A Symmetical, Muscular, and Defined man with feaky cuts and swoll muscle bellies and small joints. A man who inspires others to entire his sport because of the bueatiful package he presents on stage. Making other envious because he looks like he was carved out of stone by the hand of god. A personable person with an infectious personality that understands how the media works and how his sports' world revolves around his success. Someone that his peers hope to defeat honorably in battle, but yet would still follow loyaly to the grave.

That is the ulitmate MR. O

Get yo Guns Up Playa!!! MenTaLPiRacY's Avatar
    MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    to me its all about most mass and symmetry! on the frame ofthe athlete who is displaying it. if it was about being the most ripped dex would win every year!
    Buccaneers † Red Raiders † Cubs

GUNS UP!!!

"""""\*͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/*͇̿̿/"""""

You can beat me at Baseball, Basketball, and Football, but i can beat you up.

Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Ern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Mmmmm, Ok!

Originally Posted by MenTaLPiRacY
    to me its all about most mass and symmetry! on the frame ofthe athlete who is displaying it. if it was about being the most ripped dex would win every year!

So what you are saying is the if Jay shows up next year at 320 and somewhat cut, then he's the new MR.O.

Dude Bodybuilding isn't about being the biggest guy on stage, It's about developing the best OVERALL physique.

dseiler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dseiler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dseiler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dseiler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dseiler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dseiler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weider Definition of Mr Olympia: The most marketable freak on the planet, who is able to build the best physique with an insane work ethic and a MIND-BLOWING amount of drugs.

Symmetry means ****.
    Aesthetics mean ****.

If Ronnie had a beer belly he would still win just for the simple fact that the man is a freak of nature! (And I mean that in a semi-good way)

Contests like these (where the athletes are forced to push their bodies to extraordinary "enhanced" limits that the body isn't supposed to go) make me long for the old days.

PS: I know those guys used it to, but they all used the same stuff and it wasn't hyper-engineered like today's standard.

Good luck Ronnie/Jay, I seriously hope you both have a very long and healthy life after BB.
    "You must understand that the workout does not actually produce muscular growth. The workout is merely a trigger that sets the body's growth mechanism into motion. It is the body itself, of course, that produces growth; but it does so only during a sufficient rest period."

-Mike Mentzer

[img]http://ironage.us/Ironage_Scans/thumbs/mi25.jpg[/img]

ValKilmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValKilmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValKilmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValKilmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValKilmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValKilmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValKilmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValKilmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The guy that gets to be Weiders bum buddy. Honestly though I think the bodybuilders personality and how much Weider likes him has a big impact on the decisions. Although I think whoever is the biggest seems to win now. It makes sense though for the biggest guy to win(although he has to be ripped as well). People want to see what is most likely unatainable to them. People seem to think that abs are important well they are for lifting but who cares about who has the best looking abs. Anyone can have nice ripped abs but not everyone can have huge muscles. For all you ab lovers out there you should start your own Mr. Ab competitions.
    Last edited by ValKilmer; 11-01-2004 at 01:07 PM.

Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The guy who, in the eyes of the judges, wins the Mr Olympia contest.
    Carlsberg don't do sexy, but if they did...

Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Calves
    That depends what camp you're in on the mass issue. Does mass override symmetry?
    not when one man possesses BOTH! thats why Ronnie IS mr. O and represents perfectly what it stands for!

you wanna know what Mr Olympia means, look at the man himself

450g carbs a day baby tongueincheeeck's Avatar
    tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hahah I have a very funny definition from someone who is not interested into bodybuilding nor follows it.,.,

I was looking @ the pics and reading posts on here and a mate came round and checked out what I was doing.,., I gave him the quick run down on the whole mr O issue.,,. and showed some photos,.,. and he pointed straight to ronnie-

"Its BODY building... That dude BUILT his BODY the best!!"

Hahaha... I liked it anyway...

I think I kinda like that deffinition,.,. Because to me it makes it more of a sport,.,. Symmetry and conidition (conditing to a degree) are genetic... You know look at people like flex... They trained and thats how they came out,.,. Flex didnt get those cartoon muscle from working out a certain way,.,. But the biggest guy on stage worked for it u know,.,.., Who here has seen ronnies videos?? That man works harder than anyone on the planet.,,.., Its incredible,.,. 800lb squats,.., 2300+lb legpres!!!!! Its unhman,.,. have you seen jay train,..,., it doesnt even compare.,,.., smith squats with a few plates a side,,. seriously ronnie has worked harder than anyone and thats why hes the monsta.,,. thats why hes the biggest out on stage.,., and thats why hes now 7 time Mr. O

I dunno,.,. I know many will disagree.,., and in A way I kinda disagree with myself also, cause I realise that you have to account genetic factors,.., argh I dunno,..,.,

Sometimes I feel like we no longer have anyone that can fulfill Mr O these days,.,. Thats why arnie was so good,.., he was the biggest around, but big back then wasnt that big.,,. so he was the biggest but also had such an awesome shape.,,. That doesnt happen anymore,.,. The big guys dont have the shape like the litler ones,.,. we need someone to come along who step on stage looking like the blade @ 300 pounds