Thread: arm wrestling

swaiguhsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

arm wrestling

i know this doesnt' relate to nethign but i thought some of you guys might know...what muscles does it use?

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    99% forearm strength
    Booo

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why do so many professional arm wrestlers do hammer curls?

Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles
    Is there a site for professional arm wrestling?
    Muscles

Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000)
    for armwrestling:

Attacking: front deltoid, right side of your pec (if your wrestle with the right hand), a litle bit of foream and very little biceps. Some abs too, cause you swing your torso...

Defending: mostly biceps and some forearm...rest is not worth to mention.

Biggest mistake is 99,9% ppl think its all forearm, forearm is 10%

Cloud

Registered User BodybuildingKid's Avatar
    BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Cloud
    for armwrestling:

Attacking: front deltoid, right side of your pec (if your wrestle with the right hand), a litle bit of foream and very little biceps. Some abs too, cause you swing your torso...

Cloud
    Yeah the forearm helps for support, because whenever i have arm wrestling matches (very rare.... once in awhile with one of my friends) , when you start...don't try using all your power and energy, just make sure you can sustain all his power and let him waist all his energy, then start when your forcing your arm & body not to give a certain ammount of energy in a arm wrestle to save energy, your forearm is supporting most of his energy and power is he trying to release ..

mostly you watch them suffer to get your arm down, then you jump in when you feel he can't get youre arm down, by then he is not even concentrating...

now im not saying you can relax your arm obviously thats stupid, but keeping your whole arm tense, giving enough force to keep it up but not totally going all out like your opponent is, will save you allot of energy./

pz
    Last edited by BodybuildingKid; 06-03-2002 at 09:11 AM.
    "Observe not that which is seen, but that which is not seen." -Dennis Nackord , Kenpo Karate System.

"No pain no ****in gain, GO PSYCHO U ****IN PUSSY, UP THAT ****IN WEIGHT, UP THEM REPS BITCH RAHH"

"I beleive that everything you do bad, comes back to you. So everything i do bad, im going to suffer for it.. But in my heart.. i beleive what i am doin is right.. So i feel like i am going to heaven" - Tupac Shakur June '96

Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles
    Originally posted by Cloud
    for armwrestling:

Cloud
    Anyone agree with this or disagree with this
    Muscles

Originally posted by BodybuildingKid

Yeah the forearm helps for support, because whenever i have arm wrestling matches (very rare.... once in awhile with one of my friends) , when you start...don't try using all your power and energy, just make sure you can sustain all his power and let him waist all his energy, then start when your forcing your arm & body not to give a certain ammount of energy in a arm wrestle to save energy, your forearm is supporting most of his energy and power is he trying to release ..

mostly you watch them suffer to get your arm down, then you jump in when you feel he can't get youre arm down, by then he is not even concentrating...
    good way to win
    Muscles

Registered User BodybuildingKid's Avatar
    BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Muscles

good way to win
    Sorta the same strategy ali did in the ring.
    "Observe not that which is seen, but that which is not seen." -Dennis Nackord , Kenpo Karate System.

"No pain no ****in gain, GO PSYCHO U ****IN PUSSY, UP THAT ****IN WEIGHT, UP THEM REPS BITCH RAHH"

"I beleive that everything you do bad, comes back to you. So everything i do bad, im going to suffer for it.. But in my heart.. i beleive what i am doin is right.. So i feel like i am going to heaven" - Tupac Shakur June '96

Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Their is also a lot of shoulder muscles involved. This friend I know is a lot smaller and weaker than me, but I can barely beat him in arm wrestling, and I think it's because of his natural shoulder strength.
    Also here's an awesome tip, to get more leverage, be really close to your hand, when you're ferther away you can't apply as much strength.
    If you want to know more, search arm wrestling at yahoo or something like that, a lot of stuff will come up, many sites explain everything about arm wrestling and what exercises you can do.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    also an important part of a good arm wrestler is usually incredible grip strength, if u can out grip your opponent, he has already lost

Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by cramron
    also an important part of a good arm wrestler is usually incredible grip strength, if u can out grip your opponent, he has already lost
    right on.

Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    its a good way to tear a muscle!
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I stll think it's all forearm strength
    Booo

Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Doesn't it involve rotator cuff aswell?
    I heard u could **** up ur rotator if u don't watch it...
    "Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam." - Winston Churchill

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

Hell I'm the best arm wrestler in my whole gradeand I'm serious! Just make sure your body is close to your arm and your arm is matched with your opponents. It can make all the difference I know.

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    fuk arm wrestlin if u damage ( tear or pull ) your brachialis then yur fuked basically as if that hurts its gonna hurt EVRY exercise u do !!!!

dont do it

musclekid2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclekid2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah u can easily tear somethin from arm wrestlng..thats why whenever my freinds want to arm wrestle me i say no i dont want to take the chance of huring my self even though i know i can beat most of them

Originally posted by Joske
    I know youre defintely right about possibly ruining the rotator cuff
    Muscles

Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Joske

Yes , as i said in my first reply, uses alot of delts and rotator too, but dont forget chest too!

Yea, closer you have your arm to you, more power your rotator cuff can provide, thats true...

Usually, people with wider shoulders win...not always tho

Cloud

Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The last time i gave someone an arm wrestle,i was'nt able to go to the gym for a few days cos of the pain in my right bicep..

My friend was at me for weeks to give him an arm wrestle,he's 6ft 1 and about 45+ lbs heavier than me.He was always nagging for me to do it,to see how strong i was cos i went to the gym.As he dont,he's just naturaly big..

So after weeks of moaning,i finaly gave into him and gave him a wrestle..Sure enough,as i thought,after 5 seconds,i had him beat.He was'nt happy,so insisted on doing a Left Arm wrestle...6 seconds later he was beat again..The next morning was when i could feel alittle pain in my arm..

I'll NEVER arm wrestle again,i probebly know i can beat most people,but its not like i go to the gym so i can beat everyone at arm wrestling.
    If i was to do myself damage,and was'nt able to go to the gym for weeks/months..I'd go insane,the Gym is my Life !
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dome
    [B]The last time i gave someone an arm wrestle,i was'nt able to go to the gym for a few days cos of the pain in my right bicep..

That sucks
    Muscles

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have gone to professional arm wrestling sites before, and their main excercises are hammer curl, and grippers. many of them can close pretty heavy duty grippers!

most professional armwrestlers can beat any type of powerlifters, no matter what their strength, because it is all technique. in armwrestling you are allowed to use your body weight.

here are a few techniques

keep your hand higher on his hand than he has on yours. this gives you much more leverage.

at the beginning, use your wrist strength to fling his wrist back, and his arm will go down easily after that

It is true that for some people you really cant beat them no matter what unless you really pull their shoulder out of their socket
    Muscles

SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpartanHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    tell what's fun- to watch the guys when there arms just snap

and yeah, it's terrible for your arm

but mostly it's pectoralis major, and the inner bicep

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

It involves the forearms a lot.
    It is a lot of technique as well..

tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ive been told NEVER ARM WRESTLE!!! apperantly many powerlifters/bodybuilders have even ruined thier careers from arm wrestling, its a stupid, dangerous thing to do....naturally a bigger guy is gonna get challenged alot, hell last weekend someone bet 10 bucks on me going against some guy over 6 feet, i did it, and after the pain in my forearm was so bad i had to delay my arm workout a couple days..i probably wont do it again, well...unless they offer a little more cash
    "it would be wicked to be an animal, you would'nt even have to worry about making plans."
    -kevin commerford

swaiguhsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol..

When you say more cash you mean in hundreds or thousands.
    Muscles