Jiggy Walker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Will i lose muscle mass if i stop taking protein?

a friend of mine thinks that if i or anyone stops taking protein, then i'll lose what i've gained .. like taking creatine, i keep telling him that once your body has assimilated the protein and has created new muscles fibers .. than its apart of you and cant be "lost" ..

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why would you stop taking protein?

Jiggy Walker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its just a theoretical scenario .. lets say you run out of money or whatever ..

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You would not lose the muscle you have gained already unless you stopped taking protein all together in your diet. Thats close to impossible however unless you just do not eat. Not supplementing protein in your diet will definatley hinder your chance to gain new muscle. Hope that aids you in some way, Im no expert but that is fairly common principles.

Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you def. need the protein to keep the mass.

TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I may be wrong but,
    to KEEP muscle, you just need sufficient calories.
    to BUILD muscle, you need more protein

Originally posted by TheGMF
    I may be wrong but,
    to KEEP muscle, you just need sufficient calories.
    to BUILD muscle, you need more protein
    Too keep muscle to you need the proper amount of protein. To keep the mass you need the calories.

Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    But how are you going to keep the muscle mass when you cut ?. What I mean is that when you cut your calories are low and you raise the protein so that you can keep as much muscle mass as possible while you get rid of the fat.

Thinking of a Master Plan SirSavageX's Avatar
    SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000)
    To keep muscle, you must get enough protein.

Cells in your body are always being replaced, including muscle cells, even when you do not lift. Because of this, SOME protein is needed for maintaining muscle, but a great deal more is needed to increase muscle mass.

Strongarm 46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongarm 46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongarm 46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongarm 46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongarm 46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongarm 46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongarm 46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongarm 46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongarm 46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongarm 46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongarm 46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't take any protein supplements at all Im not even on a bodybuilding diet I just eat what I want when I want it I eat lots of meat, whole egg, milk,not much but I do eat some junk food like ice cream some times.and I train hard every night and im gaining lots of bulkey muscle and strenght with some fat mixed in
    but the main point of me saying this is you don't need protein supplements to gain muscle size as long as you get enough protein in your diet.If your lifting hard and you don't get enough protein you will over train because your muscles are being brock down and don't have any fuel to build back up so the more you train the more muscle you would lose.But if your not lifting than you don't need as much protein because your muscles are not working that hard I know people who havent lifted in like a year and still have a lot of muscle so you wont lose muscle by not liftin or geting alot of protein.because the only thing protine does is make muscles not maintaine them

sorry about some of the spellin but IM just a stupid REDNECK
    that can't spell so just try to read it the best you can.

Originally posted by Strongarm 46
    I don't take any protein supplements at all Im not even on a bodybuilding diet I just eat what I want when I want it I eat lots of meat, whole egg, milk,not much but I do eat some junk food like ice cream some times.and I train hard every night and im gaining lots of bulkey muscle and strenght with some fat mixed in
    but the main point of me saying this is you don't need protein supplements to gain muscle size as long as you get enough protein in your diet.If your lifting hard and you don't get enough protein you will over train because your muscles are being brock down and don't have any fuel to build back up so the more you train the more muscle you would lose.But if your not lifting than you don't need as much protein because your muscles are not working that hard I know people who havent lifted in like a year and still have a lot of muscle so you wont lose muscle by not liftin or geting alot of protein.because the only thing protine does is make muscles not maintaine them

sorry about some of the spellin but IM just a stupid REDNECK
    that can't spell so just try to read it the best you can.
    It's definately better to get the protein from real foods as you stated. What happens is that sometimes you don't have time to cook for work reasons ...... and it's then when protein powders come in handy. That's all.

Thinking of a Master Plan SirSavageX's Avatar
    SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Strongarm 46
    I know people who havent lifted in like a year and still have a lot of muscle so you wont lose muscle by not liftin or geting alot of protein.because the only thing protine does is make muscles not maintaine them
    I disagree. You do lose muscle if you don't lift, or don't take in adequate amounts of protein, for a long enough period of time.

gog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is very hard to get enough protein through just food
    protein powder is fast easy and keeps the muscle in a posative
    growing stage.
    Consuming it between meals keep the muscle growing
    mix fast and slow acting protein to keep them supplied with what it needs.
    Watch ye therefore:for ye know not when the master of the house cometh
    Mark 13:35

97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by SirSavageX
    To keep muscle, you must get enough protein.

Cells in your body are always being replaced, including muscle cells, even when you do not lift. Because of this, SOME protein is needed for maintaining muscle, but a great deal more is needed to increase muscle mass.
    Bump. Well deserved.
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

Old enough to raise ya....