SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How to incorporate Oly lifting in a Powerlifting routine?

My routine at the moment:

Mon - Squat and Deadlifts

Wed - Bench

Fri - Upper Back/Shoulders

Assistance work at the end of the workouts as well.

I really want to start doing oly lifting, is it possible to put some in while keeping my current routine? My form on the C&J is fine, Im worried about the snatch though, my form is pretty crap for it.

I reckon I could probably do about 200-220lb's for a max. on power cleans, not that much but it could probably increase quickly if I started doing them regularly.

Any advice repped =)
    Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    monday would definitely be a good day to add those lifts, as it is legs and your shoulders will have time to recover.

also, with snatch, just practice the form with light weight until it is perfect. very slowly increase weight.

Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by athenafootball View Post
    monday would definitely be a good day to add those lifts, as it is legs and your shoulders will have time to recover.

also, with snatch, just practice the form with light weight until it is perfect. very slowly increase weight.
    Squat and Deadlifts are big movements and I personally like to dedicate a ton of time too them. They are also big powerlifting movements, so if you add another exercise that day you need to make sure you can focus all of your energy on a single exercises without being burned out from another one.
    Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107713181

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sultan_of_Spin View Post
    Squat and Deadlifts are big movements and I personally like to dedicate a ton of time too them. They are also big powerlifting movements, so if you add another exercise that day you need to make sure you can focus all of your energy on a single exercises without being burned out from another one.
    on my leg day, i squat, then powerclean, then deadlift.

deadlift last as IMO it takes the least out of you. but i often change this order.

SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I usually squat first, then deadlift. You reckon incorporating some C&J's on this day would be ok? I was thinking perhaps friday, cuz I do shoulders that day anyway, and you still get the whole weekend to recover... maybe its not enough though? maybe I could add them in on a day like thursday.?
    Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SurfOnSilver View Post
    I usually squat first, then deadlift. You reckon incorporating some C&J's on this day would be ok? I was thinking perhaps friday, cuz I do shoulders that day anyway, and you still get the whole weekend to recover... maybe its not enough though? maybe I could add them in on a day like thursday.?
    thats what I was just about to say, do it on friday, the oly lifts lifts will take a lot out of you, and on the oly lifts youll work your back and your shoulders to(actually they'll work your whole body) I would do the oly lifts before I do any of the upper back or shoulder exercises.
    There is no reason to live if you cannot do the deadlift

big fuzzy and tator squat to much..... not

Originally Posted by SurfOnSilver View Post
    a weekend to recover should be plenty

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd say cleans on Mon, and snatches on Fri.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

Originally Posted by raffiki View Post
    I'd say cleans on Mon, and snatches on Fri.
    why is that?

rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i personally dont think it matters at all...oly lifts dont take much out of me at all, its jsut explosiveness...im never sore from them, yeah i get really tired afer a set but drink some water and 2-3 minutes later once ive caught my breath im fine...

i try to clean at least twice a week, and i havnt really incorporated snatches in yet due to im still workign on my form alot

Walkin'tall machinegunman PrivateBaldrick's Avatar
    PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rogan181 View Post
    i personally dont think it matters at all...oly lifts dont take much out of me at all, its jsut explosiveness...im never sore from them, yeah i get really tired afer a set but drink some water and 2-3 minutes later once ive caught my breath im fine...

i try to clean at least twice a week, and i havnt really incorporated snatches in yet due to im still workign on my form alot
    That's because you're not full squat cleaning and snatching, and/or just not working hard enough.