norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

decreased libido after intense workout?? What to do?

After a really intense workout I sometimes get a decreased libido effect. Does that mean I am overexercising. Is there something I can maybe take post-workout to counteract this effect?? Should I take in more protein or more EFA's or something?

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have seen people in the supp section say that tribulus might help with that
    "Humility comes before honor"

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At least that is a sign of a good workout.....putting that testosterone to good use (that is if its not being used in the bedroom)

wisslewj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisslewj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisslewj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nor,

The reason the libido goes down is because your body begins to produce too much cortisol. This is directly related to overworking out when you do. However, its also related to proper diet and rest etc.

Basically the better your diet and the more efficient your workout, assuming proper rest time and perhaps supplementing with something that inhibits cortisol, the less this will be an issue.

As an aside, this will also tell you that growth has probably slowed or stopped. When the body is kicking out cortisol in high amounts its in a catabolic mode. This will not produce muscle. In fact it will usually lead to quick overtraining if you haven't already gotten there.

So check your diet. Keep routines to about an hour. And make sure you get enough rest time. Remember, when you lift on ANY part, it taxes the whole system, even if not a particular muscle group. The system needs a break as well!

Hope that helps
    Jeff

cr4zyguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If cortisol is what's causing this decreased libido, then a solid post workout shake with high GI carbs ought to suppress cortisol then!
    Search for supplement reviews here --> http://supplements.anabolicinstinct.com

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what time frame are you talking about? 30 mins? 24 hrs?

norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I still feel decreased libido the day after. It kind of stinks if it is due to overworkingout but you think that taking in more protein and carbs post-workout would help? After workouts I usually eat really decent amount of protein like chicken and good carbs like brown rice but I don't really take a protein shake or any supps post workout? Should I. And also is there a supplement that can prevent you from this overworking out so you can just workout to the max without worrying that you are overworking. Thanks for the replies.

BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by norishinghgh View Post
    I still feel decreased libido the day after. It kind of stinks if it is due to overworkingout but you think that taking in more protein and carbs post-workout would help? After workouts I usually eat really decent amount of protein like chicken and good carbs like brown rice but I don't really take a protein shake or any supps post workout? Should I. And also is there a supplement that can prevent you from this overworking out so you can just workout to the max without worrying that you are overworking. Thanks for the replies.
    How can you "feel" the decreases? O.O

Edit: Look into Purple Wraath by Controlled Labs
    The only time you'll ever see 'success' before 'work' is in the dictionary

OGZERS, it's been 3 hours and 6 minutes since my last meal, teh biceptz are going catabawlick!!!!

Bodybuilding is simple, not easy..

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here, read this.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1715261

Basically, decreased sex drive in a weight lifter is usually caused by over-reaching/overtraining. You just need to deload and you'll be good as new. There might be some suppliments that might help, but for the most part, you need to understand how to deal with accumulated fatigue.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Or it just may be time for a new girl
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes, you need post workout protein and carb

Freestyle Bodybuilder bigcityboy's Avatar
    bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Welcome to the world of Impotence!

Originally Posted by norishinghgh View Post
    After a really intense workout I sometimes get a decreased libido effect. Does that mean I am overexercising. Is there something I can maybe take post-workout to counteract this effect?? Should I take in more protein or more EFA's or something?
    Welcome to the world of Impotence! Purely My Opinion.

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by bigcityboy View Post
    Welcome to the world of Impotence! Purely My Opinion.
    Did you forget to take your medication again?
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

samylou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samylou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samylou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samylou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samylou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samylou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samylou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Kinds glad I found this!!
    I've ju started on a new weight lifting routine, I progressed from full body low weights high reps, to split work outs high weights low reps high sets, all in all I do 1 hour weight training +1 hour cardio 3/4 times a week, my libido has vanished, I'd rather b at the gym releasing happy endorphins, I jus don't even have the feelings to want to do anything, dont feel like I'm missing out tho, cos I'm single I got no1 to please lol. Was jus curios to c if my workout was linked :-)

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by samylou View Post
    Kinds glad I found this!!
    I've ju started on a new weight lifting routine, I progressed from full body low weights high reps, to split work outs high weights low reps high sets, all in all I do 1 hour weight training +1 hour cardio 3/4 times a week, my libido has vanished, I'd rather b at the gym releasing happy endorphins, I jus don't even have the feelings to want to do anything, dont feel like I'm missing out tho, cos I'm single I got no1 to please lol. Was jus curios to c if my workout was linked :-)
    Especially considering you're female, it might be caused by the excessive amounts of cardio you're performing. This is probably a great read for you: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117327411

This thread is old, so I won't bother to reply to the OP. To sum things up, it was probably sleep and diet related. A deload may have helped as well, depending on when the last one was done.