Fess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow "Slow" and "Fast" carb?

Hello...

I've come across a few confusing terms here & need some help.

Slow-release carbohydrates (30-90 min before exercise)

Fast-release carbohydrates (within 30 min after exercise)

How do I find, or what foods contain "Slow" and "Fast" carb?

Because it does not give this information on the product boxes, rappers etc. & the database I use don't have this info either......

Very confused
    Fess

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Glycemic index/Load. Oats are a "slow release" carb hence why they are low on the GI. Dextrose and other high GI sugars are a "fast releasing" carb which is why they have a GI of 100 or more.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

IMO slow all the time bro no need for quick release in my opinion of course
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fess
    How do I find, or what foods contain "Slow" and "Fast" carb?
    Enjoy laerning about the glycemic index,and then you can join the low/high gi postworkout carbohydrate debates haha (make sure to read up on the glycemic load also, most people completely forget about this and in turn lose a lot of the benefits of understanding the glycemic scale):

http://diabetes.about.com/library/me...nmendosagi.htm
    Unaffiliated.

Fess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Steve_W, Sixpack...

Thanks for the advice.

xxghostxx,

great, I'll check out the link . Hopefully it will help me to understand this topic.

Regards
    Fess