Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    not sure if they still like romance and chivalry, but I can't change who I am.

lulublue is just really nice. (+1000) lulublue is just really nice. (+1000) lulublue is just really nice. (+1000) lulublue is just really nice. (+1000) lulublue is just really nice. (+1000) lulublue is just really nice. (+1000) lulublue is just really nice. (+1000) lulublue is just really nice. (+1000) lulublue is just really nice. (+1000) lulublue is just really nice. (+1000) lulublue is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Aries View Post
    not sure if they still like romance and chivalry, but I can't change who I am.
    Good man stick with who you are a lucky lady will appreciate it

CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lulublue View Post
    Sound slike you are raising your sons to be respectable members of the community and I praise you highly for that

There is a huge lack of respect and common decency these days and only though our children can we really make a big change

(nothing to do with romanticness i know but i had to say it)
    Well actually it does, if you do not pass the logic through the family, then they will have to find out the hard way, or in most cases, they wont find out at all. I hear too many situations where the woman is being disrespected or even worse/beaten. Really sucks because theres not much anyone can do about it besides the woman in the situation. Sorry, got of to a rant there, but thats my .02.

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love romance, but it's got to come from someone I already have a connection with, and it's got to be personal. Flowers on a first date is trying too hard. Flowers in a combination of his favorite color and mine - that's romantic. Candlelight on a first date is cheesy. Candlelight when we're hanging out at his place, and he knows I've had a stressful week - that's romantic.

Doing too much, too soon doesn't feel like it has to do with me, personally - but more with the idea of romance, or the idea of "what women like"... and in my experience tends to be manipulative. And if a guy makes romantic gestures, and I am still busy with work, or not interested in sex or whatever - then he tends to get pissy - as if the effort and money he spent entitles him to getting laid...

If, however, it comes from the heart, and it's personal - then it doesn't matter what it is - and I love little gifts and gestures that show me he's been thinking about me, and that he pays attention to my needs and my preferences.

CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by empresscat View Post
    I love romance, but it's got to come from someone I already have a connection with, and it's got to be personal. Flowers on a first date is trying too hard. Flowers in a combination of his favorite color and mine - that's romantic. Candlelight on a first date is cheesy. Candlelight when we're hanging out at his place, and he knows I've had a stressful week - that's romantic.

Doing too much, too soon doesn't feel like it has to do with me, personally - but more with the idea of romance, or the idea of "what women like"... and in my experience tends to be manipulative. And if a guy makes romantic gestures, and I am still busy with work, or not interested in sex or whatever - then he tends to get pissy - as if the effort and money he spent entitles him to getting laid...

If, however, it comes from the heart, and it's personal - then it doesn't matter what it is - and I love little gifts and gestures that show me he's been thinking about me, and that he pays attention to my needs and my preferences.
    How can you tell whether it comes from the heart, or whether he intends the action to get laid? A lot of times its missinturperated for just wanting to get laid, because in most cases a woman assumes all men are the same, just looking for the lay. I wouldnt think flowers on the first date would inquire that, just a good gesture. Thats what I dont understand, most of the time when a man does something good or romatic, all of you assume he has to up to something, or he is trying to hard. But, if he doesnt try too much, than he is disrespectful, so we are riding on a fine line. I guess thats why women are so damn confusing. (No flamming here, just curious)

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Depends of the chick. Personally, I think all this "romantic" stuff is there to waste my time. If romantic dinner/walk on the beach takes 1 hour and sex takes 20 minutes, let's do sex and I'll do a 30 minute workout and 30 minutes of programming instead of staring at empty space and listening to bollocks!
    Also, I'm 100% sure it's all "just" to get layed. Why do you people say "just"? I mean, why'd he BE with me, if he didn't wanna get layed!? And why'd I be with him, if he didn't wanna get layed!? What would be the point? It's not about being "up to something", it's the very REASON why we're together! So save me the trip to the garbage bin to throw away the flowers (I hate them things, what idiot kills plants so they could slowly detherriorate and rot on their table?!), don't waste my time staring at sunsets (Has a dumber action ever been taken!? Well, except staring at the Moon!), let's get layed and go about our business!

Don't worry tho, if you want to do romantic crapiola, just find a girl that digs that kinda cr@p. You'll know; just try doing it and watch her: if she's staring through you, STOP!
    Last edited by TurbulentFluid; 07-05-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

exnihillo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exnihillo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exnihillo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exnihillo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exnihillo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exnihillo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exnihillo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exnihillo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exnihillo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exnihillo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exnihillo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lulublue View Post
    Sound slike you are raising your sons to be respectable members of the community and I praise you highly for that

There is a huge lack of respect and common decency these days and only though our children can we really make a big change

(nothing to do with romanticness i know but i had to say it)
    I think it does...If I teach them to respect and be considerate to women now, than it will become habit for them to be chivalrous to there wives/girlfriends/any women and they will be less uncomfortable being romantic....

And they may get laid more often..just saying

Originally Posted by TurbulentFluid View Post
    Depends of the chick. Personally, I think all this "romantic" stuff is there to waste my time. If romantic dinner/walk on the beach takes 1 hour and sex takes 20 minutes, let's do sex and I'll do a 30 minute workout and 30 minutes of programming instead of staring at empty space and listening to bollocks!
    Also, I'm 100% sure it's all "just" to get layed. Why do you people say "just"? I mean, why'd he BE with me, if he didn't wanna get layed!? And why'd I be with him, if he didn't wanna get layed!? What would be the point? It's not about being "up to something", it's the very REASON why we're together! So save me the trip to the garbage bin to throw away the flowers (I hate them things, what idiot kills plants so they could slowly detherriorate and rot on their table?!), don't waste my time staring at sunsets (Has a dumber action ever been taken!? Well, except staring at the Moon!), let's get layed and go about our business!

Don't worry tho, if you want to do romantic crapiola, just find a girl that digs that kinda cr@p. You'll know; just try doing it and watch her: if she's staring through you, STOP!
    No I think your right, its not working for me anyway. I think ill just cut through the sh!t and get to the point from now on. Im sick of trying to figure you all out, get in and get out. Good points, I mean like you said, its all a waste of time anyway.

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by smallfry06 View Post
    How can you tell whether it comes from the heart, or whether he intends the action to get laid? A lot of times its missinturperated for just wanting to get laid, because in most cases a woman assumes all men are the same, just looking for the lay. I wouldnt think flowers on the first date would inquire that, just a good gesture. Thats what I dont understand, most of the time when a man does something good or romatic, all of you assume he has to up to something, or he is trying to hard. But, if he doesnt try too much, than he is disrespectful, so we are riding on a fine line. I guess thats why women are so damn confusing. (No flamming here, just curious)
    Hey hon, flowers on the first date is trying too hard because until a couple knows each other a little bit - the special gestures should wait... and when they do start to know each other, and know that the investment (emotional and monetary) in doing more is worth it, then the specific gestures can be personal... they can be what they know the other person will like.

Women like a little of the thrill of the chase as much as men do... don't give everything on the first date, because then there's no challenge, and there's nothing left to earn. Also, if you wait on things like flowers, she'll know you well enough to understand the intention behind your actions.

What's the rush?

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I love when my guy is romantic.
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Heck I just do little things so far, such as opening the doors, sitting her down at the resteraunt, bought her a necklace and surprised her with it. Don't know if that'd be romantic, but heck I just like to love on her you know. But now it's back to the single game. ha ha

anb1683 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anb1683 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anb1683 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anb1683 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anb1683 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anb1683 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anb1683 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anb1683 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anb1683 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anb1683 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anb1683 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by smallfry06 View Post
    I love getting flowers on the first date...or a teddy bear, got a couple of those from frist dates...How I usually tell if a guy is just trying to get laid is by getting me drunk. Seriously though, bringing me flowers shows respect and some old fashion good manners in my opinion, now taking me to dinner and ordering shots for us and bottle after bottle of wine is pretty much sleezy and no class. Don't loose your manners, bring girls flowers, there is nothing wrong with making someone feel special like that. Plus when a girl who hasn't gotten flowers in like three years gets them, (me) You probably will make her entire month LOL...
    FemMisc SPA Army #15
    A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority

*We all have the power to change, but it's the will to change that sets us apart.

*To Uncover your true potential you must find your own limits and then have the courage to blow past them.

jaxPuppy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaxPuppy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaxPuppy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaxPuppy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool

Originally Posted by gountilfailure0 View Post
    most women run to men who treat them like shyte so being a gentleman means ur soft??? i can see if the man would let another man disrespect u and not do anything thats definatly bad
    Its more that it is so rare to meet a decent guy these days, so we are a bit skeptical when we meet one. Its like you are trying to trick or fool us or something.