Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    proboner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proboner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proboner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proboner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proboner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proboner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Zorro274 View Post
    i just wanted to bump this back up b/c people keep posting threads about protein bar recipes and which ones are "good".......this is a great list and should def. be a sticky OR people could learn to do a search b4 asking repetitive questions.

also...i followed RipStone's link and tried making these and they're awsome http://people.smu.edu/jowillia/recip...anana_bars.htm

uh oh this link doesnt work anymore... does anyone have this recipe? i made it once before and i loved it but now its gone and i didnt write it down
    1993 ford probe gt- too many modifications to list

MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    did anyone find a homemade bar that wont melt in your pocket or locker?

ID/Ego Battle Arena Iron Draggin's Avatar
    Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MiKroN View Post
    did anyone find a homemade bar that wont melt in your pocket or locker?
    Sure, any of the cooked bars should fit the bill. Of course which will work for you will depend on what you are looking for. Take for example my favorite: (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=141)
    This recipe is barely baked, mostly just to set the bars, but I find that I can pretty much transport them anywhere, and they are nicely filling; however they are not at all an option if you are doing any kind of cutting, or probably not the best choice if your are maintaining weight, but if your bulking they are golden.

If you are cutting I would probably suggest one of the "bakeable" SF/FF pudding recipes as they tend (I think) to be lower in calories. It will all depend on your goals and personal taste.
    Repping for the best protein bars ever:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=346329

ID/Ego Battle Arena Iron Draggin's Avatar
    Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Draggin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by proboner View Post
    uh oh this link doesnt work anymore... does anyone have this recipe? i made it once before and i loved it but now its gone and i didnt write it down
    I stripped this from the way back machine. I think this is what you were looking for.

Here is a high protein bar with complex carbs and fiber from oats, rather than empty carbs from sugar or sugar alcohol. They're quick, easy, and delicious, if you enjoy the harmony of peanut butter and bananas. Elvis would be proud.

The most important thing about making these bars is that you don't cook them too long. When experimenting with the recipe, I cooked one batch (350 degrees F) for 15 minutes, another batch for 20 minutes, and a third batch for 25 minutes. The 15 minute batch were undercooked, but were very tasty. The 20-minute batch weren't sticky and gooey, but were almost overcooked and didn't quite have the flavor of the 15 minute batch. The 25-minute batch were nasty and could be used for hockey pucks. So the ideal time is right between 15 and 20 minutes. Just check to make sure they don't get too hard.

Ingredients:

8 scoops vanilla or chocolate whey protein powder
    2 cups rolled oats
    4 medium bananas (raw)
    1.2 oz banana chips (about one handful)
    4 tbsp chunky peanut butter
    1 cup granulated Splenda
    1 tsp salt

Instructions:

1. In a clean, dry blender, process one cup of rolled oats into flour (blend on medium for about 1 minute).

2. After removing the oat flour, put the banana chips into the blender and chop into chips (only takes a few seconds).

3. Put all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir together: oat flour, the remaining rolled oats (1 cup), chopped banana chips, protein powder, Splenda, salt.

4. Slice the raw bananas into the blender and process on medium speed, until producing a puree. Add the peanut butter and blend for a few seconds, just until mixed (you want to leave some peanut chunks for texture).

5. Stir the banana-peanut butter puree together with the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.

6. Cut 8 squares of aluminum foil, about 6X10 inches each. Lightly coat the interior with a cooking spray. Spoon out an equal portion of the mixture onto each foil square, and roll them into a bar shape. I fold them like tamales, folding the ends over as well. You can flatten them into bar shapes if you want, to avoid the resemblance to what it might look like after it passes through your body.

7. Bake the bars in the foil in a preheated oven at 350-degrees F, for 16-20 minutes. *Be sure not to overcook*

Makes 8 bars.

Macronutrient Profile (each bar):
    K/cal - 323
    Protein - 28 g
    Carbs - 37 g (5 g fiber; 18 g sugar)
    Fat - 8 g (3s, 3m, 2p)

2004-2005 John K. Williams. All rights reserved.
    I'm not sure of what the issues are regarding posting this, so if John wants me to remove this I will.
    Repping for the best protein bars ever:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=346329

Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Baker19's MRB

Ingredients
    2 Egg Whites
    1 Whole Egg
    3 Packets Quaker Oats (Raw) (Maple & Brown Sugar)
    6 Scoops Whey Gourmet Root Beer (Any Flavour will do)
    Splenda (however much you want)
    3tbs Wheat Germ
    1% Milk (around 200ml)
    2 BioBest Yogurt (any yogurt will do)

Steps
    1. Put everything into the bowl
    2. Mix it together until you cant tell anything apart
    3. Pour altogether onto a baking pan
    4. Heat oven to 350
    5. Bake for 10-20 Minutes (I cant remember exactly how long but just start checking after 10)
    6. Take the pan out of the oven
    7. Cut into 5 equal pieces
    8. Top with more Splenda :P
    9. Enjoy

Macros Per 1 Piece
    Approx. Protein 36 Carb 36.4 Fat 6 Cals 342

Macros For Entire Pan
    Approx. Protein 180 Carbs 182 Fat 30 Cals 1710

This is probably the best homemade bar for someone following a 40/40/20 Diet. I like having one half before a workout and one half after.

EDIT: The macro ratios are 42% 42% 16% If you want more fat just make all three or two of the three eggs whole
    Last edited by Baker19; 01-03-2007 at 08:35 PM.

Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Baker19 View Post
    Baker19's MRB

Ingredients
    2 Egg Whites
    1 Whole Egg
    3 Packets Quaker Oats (Raw) (Maple & Brown Sugar)
    6 Scoops Whey Gourmet Root Beer (Any Flavour will do)
    Splenda (however much you want)
    3tbs Wheat Germ
    1% Milk (around 200ml)
    2 BioBest Yogurt (any yogurt will do)

Steps
    1. Put everything into the bowl
    2. Mix it together until you cant tell anything apart
    3. Pour altogether onto a baking pan
    4. Heat oven to 350
    5. Bake for 10-20 Minutes (I cant remember exactly how long but just start checking after 10)
    6. Take the pan out of the oven
    7. Cut into 5 equal pieces
    8. Top with more Splenda :P
    9. Enjoy

Macros Per 1 Piece
    Approx. Protein 36 Carb 36.4 Fat 6 Cals 342

Macros For Entire Pan
    Approx. Protein 180 Carbs 182 Fat 30 Cals 1710

This is probably the best homemade bar for someone following a 40/40/20 Diet. I like having one half before a workout and one half after.

EDIT: The macro ratios are 42% 42% 16% If you want more fat just make all three or two of the three eggs whole

there is rootbeer flavor whey????? Hows it taste?

Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pretty good its made by PVL they sell it on here.. I prefer chocolate but I ran out last week and I got this so I tried it... its really good

Gangster of Medieval War swordsmanzenn's Avatar
    swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what is splenda?

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by swordsmanzenn View Post
    what is splenda?
    Splenda is an artificial sweetener and a bodybuilder's dream. It's exactly like sugar but it has zero calories. Check out the sticky on Artificial Sweeteners for more information about all of the sweeteners out there.

simplemind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) simplemind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) simplemind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) simplemind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) simplemind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) simplemind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) simplemind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) simplemind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) simplemind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) simplemind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) simplemind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    For this one
    Originally Posted by OP
    MagicPunt's MRBs (Meal Replacement Bars):

Combine in large mixing bowl:

3 Cups Oatmeal
    1/2 Cup Natural Peanut butter
    1 cup Skim Milk
    4 Scoops Protein Powder
    dash of cinnamon

Mix until a sticky batter is formed (may take a few minutes)

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)

top with 4-8 packets splenda

put in the fridge overnight and cut into 8 equal bars that yield:

11g fat (good monounsaturated fats)
    26g carbs
    21g protein

285 calories
    Would weight gain formula (YORK) work ok aswell, and does it have to be splenda..

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by simplemind View Post
    For this one

Would weight gain formula (YORK) work ok aswell, and does it have to be splenda..
    Is weight gain formula a sweetener? Because splenda is an artificial sweetener, not a protein source. You can however, replace whey powder in any of these recipes with a weight gainer formula...if that's what you were asking

dav7612r has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dav7612r has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dav7612r has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dav7612r has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dav7612r has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dav7612r has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dav7612r has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dav7612r has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dav7612r has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Omega 3 Bars

I just made these tonight. My own ammendments to a granola bar recipe. It turned out pretty good! Here it is.

Ingrediants.

1/2 C Butter (Or your favorite butter substitute)
    3/4 C Splenda Brown Sugar
    1/3 C Smart Balance Omega (natural blend canola/soy/olive oil)
    1/2 C Smart Balance Omega Creamy Peanut butter.
    1-2 Scoops Vanilla Whey Protien
    3 C Quaker Oats Oatmeal
    1 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (Optional)
    1 Omega 3 egg
    1 Tsp vanilla extract

Directions
    1. Pre Heat Oven to 350 Degrees

2. Grease 9x13 Baking Pan

3. In medium bowl beat butter, brown sugar and oil until smoothe.

4. Blend in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract until smoothe.

5. Mix in 3 Cups Quaker Oatmeal (Easier if you blend one cup at a time)

6. Mix in the optional semi sweet chocolate chips

7. Spread evenly into 13x9 pan and bake 20-25 minutes.

8. Let cool to room temp. before cutting into squares.

9. Enjoy!

Sorry i didnt break down the protien/carb counts. Never was very good at math but if somebody wants to figure it out go ahead and post it. ;-)
    Last edited by dav7612r; 01-13-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Power Of Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Power Of Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, have a few questions, what sort of artificial sweetner does the sf/ff pudding have. and for the following recipe:

8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)
    3 Cups Oats
    1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)
    2 Cups Skim Milk

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)
    3g fat
    28g carbs
    29g protein
    257 calories

Is it possible to add more splenda to it?

SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cupcakes

I just tried these and they were awesome. I'll eat two in a meal for 15 carbs (frosting not included), 10 grams of healthy fat, and 24+ grams of protein.

Ingredients:

1 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein
    1 Large Egg White
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1 Teaspoon Natural, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    2-3 Packets Splenda
    1/8 Cup Coffee
    1 Tablespoon Water
    Dash Cinnamon
    Dash Salt
    1 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter

Chocolate Frosting:

1 Tablespoon Sugar Free/Fat Free Pudding Powder (heaping tbsp)
    1/2 Teaspoon Milk
    1/4 Teaspoon Natural Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened
    1 Packet Splenda

--

Mix all ingredients for the cupcakes togther besides the peanut butter, and refrigerate for 5 minutes. Melt the peanut butter in a microwve until it is runny, and mix it into the chilled cupcake mixture. Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit.

In a cupcake baking pan (normal-size), spray some non-stick cooking spray into two of the cups until thuroughly coated. Using a spoon, ladel mix equally into each of the two cups until they are equally filled a little bit above the healf-way point. This doesn't need to be perfect, just make sure that there is enough room from the top so hat itwont overflow when baking.

Slide the pan and mix into the oven and bake until the mixture has risen, but is not entirely cooked. Test this by piercing one of the cupcakes with a butter knife. If it comes out with mix on it, you are good to go. At this point, reduce the heat to 300 degrees farenheit, and bake until a butterknife pierced through one cupcake comes out clean, and the tops are cooked.

Remove the tray from oven and let it stand for 1 minute, and remove the cupcakes using a small spatula, butterknife, or spoon. Top with frosting if you desire (frosting is made by combining its ingredients thuroughly, and chilling in a freezer until it 'firms' up a little bit).

Other tips:

-Replace chocolate whey and cocoa powder with vanilla whey and lemon-flavored sugar free/fat free pudding powder for a lemonbar variation. Remove cinnamon.
    -Fill with fresh fruits or light creames for a real dessert.
    -Add a tablespoon of ground oats for each cupcake you will be making to make them more filling.
    -Add a hint of mint extract, coconut milk, or natural mashed pumpkin for extra delight.

pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is probably a dumb question since there are quite a few recipies that you have to cook, but I always thought that heat such as baking would ruin the make up of the protein powder. Does it?

SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) SPAM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pvdude View Post
    This is probably a dumb question since there are quite a few recipies that you have to cook, but I always thought that heat such as baking would ruin the make up of the protein powder. Does it?
    Not if you use the right temperatures, baking durations under them, and ingredients in your whey recipes.

For my cupcakes you have to keep an eye on them, because at times, they are done before the time is up.

aznsportruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein help

Hey when should i drink my protein glutamine shake?? before or after workouts

Dere is NO offseason DREhova 87's Avatar
    DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Iron Draggin View Post
    Ok, so I tried the recipe above, with a couple changes:

Cereal Protein Bars

1/2-3/4c. honey
    1/2 c. natty peanut butter
    1/2 cup water
    2 c. Rice Krispies, corn flakes, ect.
    1-2c Oats (rolled)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    *6 scoops chocolate protein (100% ON, to be exact)
    1/2 cup of splenda

Brought the water, honey, splenda to a boil. Added the PB, and lowered to a simmer. Threw the oats and cereal in a bowl. Take the liquide off of the stove when the PB is melted into the mixture, and add vanilla. Mix the liquid into the dry ingrediants, put in a baking tray and put under broiler for 1 minute.

OK, couple things I did. I sprinkled chocolate and PB chips on the top after putting it in the tray. Fankley I don't think it even needed them, I actually feel a bit bad eating these. They are way sweeter then what i'm used to...not that I mind. If you do decide to add the chocolate chips, you could probably mix them into the bars, you don't have to worry about having them fall off the top then.

I actually put my bars in for 2-4 minutes, on high broil. this was a mistake, as I burned the top of my bars slightly. there still very tasty, but you probably don't need to go more then 2 minutes, and if you do (to melt the chocolate, you probably want to move them to the middle rack.

These bars actually seem to set somewhat. Of the bars I have tried, these are by far the closest I have come to the texture/taste that you find in production bars. take that FWIW.

WHAT DOES THIS YEILD AS FAR AS PROTEIN, CARBS AND FAT?

Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok, here is my recipe for protein bars. Nothing earth-shattering, but very tasty. Only problem is, that these suckers were rock hard. I'm looking for help in what I can add, subtract, change so that these will be chewy instead of hard. Thanks!

HOMEMADE PROTEIN BARS

Ingredients:

-6 scoops of chocolate flavored protein powder
    -1 cup of quick oats
    -3 cups of Rice Krispies
    -1/2 cup of trail mix (nuts and dried fruit)
    -1/2 cup peanut butter
    -1/2 cup honey
    -1/2 cup chocolate chips
    -3/4 cup brown sugar
    -2 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)

Instructions:

Combine rice krispies, oats, trail mix, and flaxseed in a large bowl sprayed with cooking spray, set aside.

In a medium sauce pan, combine brown sugar, peanut butter and honey over medium heat. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in protein powder. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated. Press into 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cool at room temp until set, then cut into squares. Makes 12 squares (about 2 inches square).

Instant and very good protein bars whenever you need them. Cheaper and better flavored!

Nutritional Information:

1 Bar=

Calories= 295 Carbs= 44 Fat= 9 Protein= 15

abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Helloo, does anyone know if its possible to make some sort of protein bar without supplements?
    eating out? a nutritional guide to popular restaurants and fast food!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2920231

the best ways to prepare your oatmeal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108636081

Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by abergirl View Post
    Helloo, does anyone know if its possible to make some sort of protein bar without supplements?
    I am sure it is possible...

maybe try, eggwhites, oats, peanut butter, ummm some other stuff lol whole eggs who knows i bet u could come up with somthing

Originally Posted by abergirl View Post
    Search through this very thread...there are plenty of them

Danton1759 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danton1759 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danton1759 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danton1759 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danton1759 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danton1759 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danton1759 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danton1759 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danton1759 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danton1759 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danton1759 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How do I make this right???

For Cutting:

Combine in Large Mixing Bowl

3 Cups Oats
    2 Cups Skim Milk

3g fat
    28g carbs
    29g protein
    257 calories
    These bars taste amazing, and are perfect for: breakfast, pre OR postworkout.
    Love the taste but the texture is slightly stickier than oatmeal and I have to eat it with a spoon. Does this one need to be baked or simply refrigerated? I refreigerated it overnight but still not very sticky.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Originally Posted by Danton1759 View Post
    Love the taste but the texture is slightly stickier than oatmeal and I have to eat it with a spoon. Does this one need to be baked or simply refrigerated? I refreigerated it overnight but still not very sticky.
    You can try freezing it or...

Make them again and leave them uncovered...they'll harden up a bit in the fridge while uncovered, and then flip them and they'll harden up on the other side.

msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by youthman View Post
    I wanted to bring this thread back, because I just made these bars a couple days ago, and they are definitely portable enough that you can take in your backpack and munch on throughout the day like normal bars.

Of course, I made some revisions of my own, some of which I believe helped even further with the consistency:

1/2 c. honey
    3/4 c. natty peanut butter
    1/2 cup water
    2 c. Granola mix (all natural)
    1 c. chopped walnuts and almonds
    2c Oats (rolled)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/2 tsp. cinammon
    *6 scoops chocolate protein (Syntrax Matrix - whey, casein, egg)
    1/2 cup of splenda

ALSO, these are twice baked! So after putting it in the oven for a couple minutes, take it out, add an additional 1/4 cup pb and your chopped walnuts and almonds, spread it around the top, and put it back in for another couple minutes. This creates a brownie style crispy crust on the top, while maintaining the chewiness inside. These are delicious. I took them to school and let some classmates try them, and got a thumbs up from everyone. My only concern here is that is a lot of honey. I would experiment with decreasing this as much as possible while still having it hold together. Trust me it's plenty sweet already. With midterms this week these bars have really come in handy!
    youtheman, I made these last nite and damn they are good!!. The only thing is that from my batch i created 10 bars. I added up all the caloric information and each of my bars come to something in this range:

each bar:
    ~390cals
    ~30g protein
    ~40g carbs
    ~20g fat

THIS isnt exact, but decently close......seems a little high on the fat side, although they are good fats, would maybe lose a little natty pb and go with almond butter......comments and suggestions?

thanks

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    i saw a recipe for these "balls" made of just flax meal and peanut butter i believe, and they were keto friendly. anyone got the recipe or just the number for the ratio of peanut butter : flax meal?

grkness84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

scoop size?

For Cutting:

3 Cups Oats
    2 Cups Skim Milk

3g fat
    28g carbs
    29g protein
    257 calories
    How many grams is a scoop? I ask this because it seems that each brand of whey has a slightly different sized scoop.

traydemark03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wondering if anyone here has any thoughts on (or has even tried) Alton Brown's protein bar:

4 ounces soy protein powder, approximately 1 cup
    2 1/4 ounces oat bran, approximately 1/2 cup
    2 3/4 ounces whole-wheat flour, approximately 1/2 cup
    3/4-ounce wheat germ, approximately 1/4 cup
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    3 ounces raisins, approximately 1/2 cup
    2 1/2 ounces dried cherries, approximately 1/2 cup
    3 ounces dried blueberries, approximately 1/2 cup
    2 1/2 ounces dried apricots, approximately 1/2 cup
    1 (12.3-ounce) package soft silken tofu
    1/2 cup unfiltered apple juice
    4 ounces dark brown sugar, approximately 1/2 cup packed
    2 large whole eggs, beaten
    2/3 cup natural peanut butter
    Canola oil, for pan

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with parchment paper and lightly coat with canola oil. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the protein powder, oat bran, wheat flour, wheat germ, and salt. Set aside.

Coarsely chop the raisins, dried cherries, blueberries and apricots and place in a small bowl and set aside.

In a third mixing bowl, whisk the tofu until smooth. Add the apple juice, brown sugar, eggs, and peanut butter, 1 at a time, and whisk to combine after each addition. Add this to the protein powder mixture and stir well to combine. Fold in the dried fruit. Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 205 degrees F. Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

The nutrition facts are (per serving):

154 kilocalories
    4.79g fat
    21.08g carbs
    2.14g fiber
    8.41g protein

Maybe subsititute the brown sugar with the splenda brown sugar blend or something of the sort.

Overall this looks more like a meal replacement bar than a protein bar.

Keyhole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keyhole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keyhole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keyhole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    These bars won't harden for me. Had them in the fridge for 24 hours, then in the freezer for 24 hours. They still will not harden. Any other ideas?

For Cutting:

3 Cups Oats
    2 Cups Skim Milk

3g fat
    28g carbs
    29g protein
    257 calories

sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000)
    is it possible to make a protein bar w/ instant oatmeal (like Kashi go lean brand) or even crushed up cereal (also kashi)? if anyone knows, it wuold be great!
    Michael Scott: Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.