person22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mid-sleep shake?

was just reading an article on the main page of this site and the guy who wrote it sets his alarm and wakes up in the middle of the night and has a protein shake !!! i thought it sounds like a good idea ! as long as you can get back to sleep again after lol !

Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    pointless, interrupting sleep isnt worth it.

EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have some slow-digesting protein befor bed instead.
    Sleep is more important.

LocksJD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LocksJD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LocksJD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wouldn't purposely interrupt sleep. Recovery time.

Registered User Definitelynotme's Avatar
    Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dont interrupt your sleep cycle. but if you do get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom or something, might as well throw down a protein shake.

JCG009 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCG009 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCG009 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCG009 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCG009 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCG009 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCG009 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCG009 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCG009 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCG009 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCG009 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sometimes I wake up 2-3 times a night to piss (I swear I have an old man bladder at the age of 22) Is this killing my gains? I often contemplate throwing down a shake in the middle of the night as well.

lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a 2 month-old...I eat every time he gets up during the night (about every 4 hours)...figure if i'm not getting my sleep, I better eat to keep my energy up...however, i wouldn't set an alarm to do it!

Strong Assed Cawk Crew TheJuicedchase's Avatar
    TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I was younger and natural and trying to get big, the middle of the night meal was where it was at! When I had time to sleep 10+ hours I would set two alarms.

I still do it now, but I don't have to set an alarm clock, my stomach just growls. It's just a requirement now.

Jashro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jashro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jashro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jashro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jashro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jashro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jashro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jashro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jashro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jashro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jashro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by person22 View Post
    was just reading an article on the main page of this site and the guy who wrote it sets his alarm and wakes up in the middle of the night and has a protein shake !!! i thought it sounds like a good idea ! as long as you can get back to sleep again after lol !
    Anyone that is getting up in the middle of the night to down a shake is in dire need of a life.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    personally I wouldn't go out of my way to do it...

but when I'm cutting I'll have some water next to the bed with like 7 or so G's of bcaa's that way if I wake up to piss or something I'll just throw that down.

I've been tryin real hard to complete my gallon about an hour before bed that way I don't have to wake up to pee anymore. it was starting to piss me off.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN View Post
    personally I wouldn't go out of my way to do it...

but when I'm cutting I'll have some water next to the bed with like 7 or so G's of bcaa's that way if I wake up to piss or something I'll just throw that down.

I've been tryin real hard to complete my gallon about an hour before bed that way I don't have to wake up to pee anymore. it was starting to piss me off.
    Bump ..... if i haven't gotten my water intake for the day i jsut sit on the couch and stay up to down the rest of my water .... but it usually results in me being an old man and getting up and pissing a few times which really pisses me off!
    Life Changing

MattR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'll do it if i'm seriously trying to bulk. i usually have to wake up to piss about 5 hours into my sleep anyways. so i'll make a milk/whey/peanut butter shake before i go to bed and put it in the fridge. i'll set an alarm for about 4.5 hours after i go to bed, wake up, piss, chug the shake, swish a little water to clean out my mouth, then pass out again. its an extra 450 or so calories, in exchange for about a minute of sleep, which i wouldve been waking up anyways.
    -MATT

[QUOTE=Wes06]
    it's cool that protein builds muscle... but I would say it's cooler that it gives you wicked nice farts. [/QUOTE]

Ardent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Two of my friends do this, one plays minor pro hockey and the other is a competitive body builder. Both gained muscle mass and strength when they started having a shake halfway through the night after they'd been plateaud for awhile. I don't do it, as I have different goals and if I eat protein late at any time during the night I can't sleep at all.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sleep is much more important to a body builder then waking up in the middle of the night to down a shake.. especially whey.. sure u might take down a shake that will be digested in what 45 minutes to an hour? what good will that do

its best to get ur caesin protein before u hit the sack and sleep and let ur body rest instead of ****ing around with a shake in the middle of the night.. i rather let my body recover instead of wondering about having a shajke in the middle of the night

just eat another chicken breast during the day and ur fine thats my 2 cents i rather let my body rest then worry about setting an alarm to piss off my body to down a shake.. if ur bulking just have a lil extra during the day or at breakfast.. ur still getting cals y not get them earlier in the day