Andy P has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andy P has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andy P has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andy P has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andy P has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andy P has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andy P has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andy P has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andy P has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andy P has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andy P has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How often should you take a break ?

self explanatory... If you bulk or cut for say more than 8 weeks do you think its effictiveness will lesson. I duno why ? but when i stop for a week my muscles seem to get bigger when im not training. anyone else ?

opinions ?
    TeenBB.net ~ teen bodybuilding forum and resource site.

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    take a break every 10 weeks.

svtbelch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is another one of those things where you have to listen to your body. Everyone is differant. For myself I took a break after 8 weeks. You have to listen to your body. A break is good. I always get nice gains the first week back after a break to.

USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well this totally depends on how hard you're training and eating. If you're lifting balls to teh wall, training everything twice in a week or so you're going to need to take a mental and physical break from lifting every 6-12 weeks depending on your own recovery ability. You need to give your stomach a rest, joints a rest, muscles a rest, mind a rest, etc etc. If you aren't training so hard and heavy then you may be able to go many many months without ever taking a break. The most important thing to do is listen to your body. Starting to feel down lately and not wanting to go to the gym? Losing sleep? No appetite when you normally have one? Take a break. Not beating your previous weights and reps? DEFINITELY take a break. Not gaining a goddamn pound no matter what you do? Take a break. These are early symptoms of overtraining and should be remedied ASAP by taking a break from the gym. HOw long this break lasts is up to you. If you were training ultra hard and eating tons for 12 weeks straight, maybe you need to cut back volume, not go to failure and train a little lighter for 2 weeks to a month. You will probably be begging to get back into the gym after a week but it's important to let your body rest. Now don't take a vacation here, but if you jump back into the gym ASAP there's a good chance you could overtrain quickly.
    Last edited by USMuscle9403; 10-14-2004 at 10:53 AM.

massive-me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i usually cycle my workouts.... i may coast for a week or two, but I never take it completely off.
    I am Kaptain King ****!