Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    7And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

1And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

1And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

2And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:

30And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

16Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt

2And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:

3And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

9Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:

10And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

11And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

11And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

7My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.

8With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

14And they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land: for they have heard that thou LORD art among this people, that thou LORD art seen face to face, and that thy cloud standeth over them, and that thou goest before them, by day time in a pillar of a cloud, and in a pillar of fire by night.

5I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

7Thus he shewed me: and, behold, the LORD stood upon a wall made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in his hand.

8And the LORD said unto me, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A plumbline. Then said the LORD, Behold, I will set a plumbline in the midst of my people Israel: I will not again pass by them any more:

1I saw the LORD standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered.

^god is seen

20And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him

12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

god is not seen. no one can see gods face and live. no one has ever seen him.

timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RelentlessChaos View Post
    Ill write in caps throughout the scripture.

Genesis 2
    1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested [a] from all his work. 3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

HMM^^^^ TALKS ABOUT THE SEVENTH DAY. THAT MEANS EVERYTHING HAS BEEN CREATED. tHE AUTHOR MUST NOW BE GOING INTO DETAIL OF THE CREATION, AND WHAT HAS TO BE DONE.

*Adam and Eve*
    4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created.
    When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens- 5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth [b] and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth [c] and there was no man to work the ground, 6 but streams [d] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground-WATER!!!! SO THE PLANTS MUST HAVE GROWN 7 the LORD God formed the man [e] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

NOOWW THERE IS NO ORDER HERE. THIS TALKS ABOUT GOD PUTTING ADAM IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN. REMEMEBR THIS
    8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground?trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin [f] and onyx are also there.) 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. [g] 14 The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Asshur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.
    NOW ITS TALKING ABOUT GOD IS BRINGING ALL ANIMALS TO ADAM, IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN SO HE CAN NAME THEM. THE AUTHOR IS NOT REFERING TO ANY ORDER IN HERE. ADAM NEEDED A HELPER. EVE IS CREATED. THIS JUST PROVES THAT THERE IS NO ORDER HERE. IN GENESIS 1 IT IS PLANTS ANIMALS MAN. NOW IN THIS CHAPTER YOUR SAYING ITS "MAN, PLANTS, ANIMALS"??? OR I COULD SEE HOW YOU GET ,PLANTS, MAN, ANIMALS, THEN WOMAN. SO HUMAN WOULD BE CREATED BEFORE AND AFTER THE ANIMALS????? JUST SHOWS THE AUTHOR HAD NO INTENTION OF KEEPING AN ORDER. HE TELLING US THAT GOD HAD PUT ADAM IN TH GARDEN, AND ADAM WAS TOLD HE COULD EAT FROM THE PLANTS, AND THEN GOD BROUGHT ALL THE ANIMALS TO ADAM(WHICH GOD HAD OF COURSE CREATED) AND ADAM IS TO NAME THEM, BUT HE NEEDS A HELPER. SO EVE IS CREATED.

But for Adam [h] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs [i] and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib [j] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,
    "This is now bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
    she shall be called 'woman, [k] '
    for she was taken out of man."

24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

25 The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
    i see what you are saying. you're suggesting that it means that he already formed them but now he brought them to adam. i can see how that would be what it says. it does however say that he will make a helper suitable for him before that part. then after he names them, it says no suitable helper was found so he put him to sleep and created eve. why would he say he would create a helper if he wasnt actually going to create anything? he didnt create eve(the helper) until after adam tried to find one within the animals, which was unsucessful.

but i also notice you are using a different translation. the one i have says:

19And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

this would deffinatly suggest he created them AND THEN gave them to adam to name.

19So out of the ground the LORD God formed[f] every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them

20So the LORD took some soil and made animals and birds. He brought them to the man to see what names he would give each of them. Then the man named the tame animals and the birds and the wild animals. That's how they got their names.

So the Lord God formed from the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the sky

So the LORD God formed out of the ground each wild animal and each bird of the sky, and brought each to the man to see what he would call it

And out of the ground Jehovah God formed every beast of the field, and every bird of the heavens

^^^some random alternative translations which indicate that he did infact create them at that point. so which is right?

Registered User RelentlessChaos's Avatar
    RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by iamGigantor View Post
    Jesus wore a scarlet robe.

Jesus wore a purple robe.
    could be copyist's error. there may be a few in the bible. But i dont believe there are any contradictions of substantive vaulue. Right word?

like this:
    david took 700 horsemen
    david took 7000 horsemen

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    could be copyist's error. there may be a few in the bible. But i dont believe there are any contradictions of substantive vaulue. Right word?

like this:
    david took 700 horsemen
    david took 7000 horsemen
    Maybe. But what else could be a copyist error? Jesus dying and being ressurected? God existing?
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000) RelentlessChaos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by timmy47 View Post
    i see what you are saying. you're suggesting that it means that he already formed them but now he brought them to adam. i can see how that would be what it says. it does however say that he will make a helper suitable for him before that part. then after he names them, it says no suitable helper was found so he put him to sleep and created eve. why would he say he would create a helper if he wasnt actually going to create anything? he didnt create eve(the helper) until after adam tried to find one within the animals, which was unsucessful.

but i also notice you are using a different translation. the one i have says:

19And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

this would deffinatly suggest he created them AND THEN gave them to adam to name.

19So out of the ground the LORD God formed[f] every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them

20So the LORD took some soil and made animals and birds. He brought them to the man to see what names he would give each of them. Then the man named the tame animals and the birds and the wild animals. That's how they got their names.

So the Lord God formed from the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the sky

So the LORD God formed out of the ground each wild animal and each bird of the sky, and brought each to the man to see what he would call it

And out of the ground Jehovah God formed every beast of the field, and every bird of the heavens

^^^some random alternative translations which indicate that he did infact create them at that point. so which is right?

i understand exactly what you guys are saying. Now do you understand what im saying a little bit? i know it is very confusing. But just because it says "God had created the animals and brought them to adam" doesnt necissarily mean, that the author is speaking of this in order, and that no animal on earth had been created. He could just be stating again that the animals were created by God, and they were to be brought to adam now.

in the first part of this chapter it is talking about no plant had yet appeared, but God had provded water. God is not giving the plants to adam, to eat from.

in the second half its now talking about God raising up aniamls to be brought to adam. the author could simply just be repeating, and saying, the animals were created by God, as the plants were brought about by God.

then God provides helper for adam.

""""The first five books of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy) are collectively called the Books of the Law, or the Torah, or the Books of Moses. Those last four books have many verses that attribute them directly to Moses. But he?s not even mentioned anywhere in the book of Genesis. Why is this?

We?ll try to show in this little chapter that there?s considerable internal evidence, and some archaeological evidence, that Genesis was actually first written in sections, most likely on clay tablets, by a number of different men who were eye-witnesses to the actions described. These men signed their names at the bottom of their respective tablets, and later Moses compiled these tablets into what we call the ?book of Genesis.?""

so meses is believe to be the person who put these together to form Genesis, or he even wrote some of it. Why would moses keep two tablets that both talked about the days of creation, or any that had to do with the order of creation. If there were more than one, dont you think he might have only used one?

the author really in chapter 2 is focusing on the garden now, and that adam was to not eat from that special tree, but he cant eat from any vegetation, and he has to name the animals. He needs a helper in all this, which is eve.

why would they put to chapters in the same book that said the same thing. Why would they stick two different writing that "both talk about the order of creation" wouldnt you need only one? yes, and thats chapter 1. In chapter 2, we move on. CHapter 2 doesnt talk about morning, evening, sun, stars, or anything else like that.

Originally Posted by JAGERBOY View Post
    Maybe. But what else could be a copyist error? Jesus dying and being ressurected? God existing?
    well i will admit there can be a few errors like i posted above, but i DO NOT believe there are any errors as you mentioned, where it would affect with God, Jesus, and what he did. There may be minor errors like the two angels, or one angel. 700 horseman, or 7000. A scarlet robe, or purple robe. Could have been wrong when translating from aramaic, to whatever to hebrew, get the point?

my meaning of a contradiction is two different authors (example, paul/moses) contradicting each other. Im not talking about copy errors, or anything like that. Something serious, that would have a big affect on the bible, and Christianity is like two authors totally disagreeing with each other. And i am sure you wont find that in the bible.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Something serious, that would have a big affect on the bible, and Christianity is like two authors totally disagreeing with each other. And i am sure you wont find that in the bible.
    Sure you will. Just check out the Gospels.
    Last edited by JAGERBOY; 06-27-2007 at 06:58 PM.
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Explain why, if Jesus was perfect, he thought that the end of the world was coming soon, when it has clearly not come yet. See Matthew 16:27-28.
    Max Bench-2 F-18's (Need to retest)
    Max Squat-1.25 story home(Need to retest cause of injury havnt squated)
    Max Dead-18 Wheeler (Need to retest, its been a while)
    Max Curl- Hell of a lot more then Ronnie (But i need to retest)

Ill update these when I "retest them"

...Cause you all care so much about my "Online Stats"

solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Talking serpents in genesis

nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why would your God deliberately cause sinners to sin (cf. Romans 9:15-23 and numerous parts of the book of Exodus where God says, "I will harden Pharaoh's heart."). Are these sinners still responsible for the sins which your god forces them, against their will, to commit?

The biggest one, Why should we accept the words of the gospel writers as truth when they are known to be liars? (See Romans 3:7).

Explain why your "just and merciful" God sent bears to kill forty-two children who called his prophet Elisha "baldhead."(See 2 Kings 2:23-24).

If we are created in your god's image and likeness(Gen 1:27), how can we also be imperfect?

If Jesus and his father are one (John 10:30), then why does Jesus have to pray (i.e. Matthew 26:39)?

Revelation 22:16 says that Jesus is the "offspring of David." Mary was not descended from David, but Joseph was. Doesn't this mean that Jesus wasn't the son of your God at all, but the (mortal and not divine) son of Joseph?

Take a shot at any of those, it should take you a while.

fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JBDW View Post
    You must have missed this:

" I have never witnessed anything 'coming from' anything. I have witnessed atoms and molecules rearranging themselves into different forms, but I have not been party to anything 'beginning to exist', so I fail to see why I should assume anything 'begins to exist' at all."

Tell me why you think the first piece of matter had to 'come from something', and why this is even a valid question, and I might be able to help you out.
    LOL!!!! I'm serious when I ask this...are you delusional? In the above quote you are basically trying to say that the first piece of matter doesn't necessarily need to come from something. Yet in the below quote you say that it DOES come from something. You completely contradict yourself.

Originally Posted by JBDW View Post
    It evolved from something else, obviously. What are you really asking here?
    Obviously, you are pretty new to logic!

Can someone please bring me an atheist who actually can present a good argument????
    "In the wild there is no health care. In the wild, health care is ouch I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me. I'm dead...well I'm not dead...I'm the Lion. YOU'RE DEAD!" - Dwight Schrute

JBDW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JBDW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JBDW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JBDW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JBDW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JBDW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JBDW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JBDW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JBDW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JBDW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JBDW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by fender23 View Post
    LOL!!!! I'm serious when I ask this...are you delusional? In the above quote you are basically trying to say that the first piece of matter doesn't necessarily need to come from something. Yet in the below quote you say that it DOES come from something. You completely contradict yourself.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when you jump into a thread without reading the rest of the posts first.

The first quote means that no one has ever witnessed anything 'beginning to exist'. All that we've witnessed is the reformation of atoms/molecules into new forms. To ask, therefore, how the universe 'began to exist', is to try to insert a totally unproven assumption where it does not belong.

The second quote is in answer to his question of how human beings evolved. He asked that if humans evolved from something, where did that something come from? The most simple and direct answer is, of course, that it evolved from something else. And so on.

If your limited comprehension can allow you to grasp the difference, then read on:

He then clarifies that the real intent of the question is to essentially ask where the first 'anything' came from, to which I refer you back to the first quote.

Originally Posted by fender23
    Obviously, you are pretty new to logic!

Can someone please bring me an atheist who actually can present a good argument????
    Live and learn, my friend.

EDIT: On a side note, the question of 'where did the first 'anything' come from?' is an assumption of creation ex nihilo, for which there is really no basis.

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by smj5351 View Post
    No, you see, it doesn't matter how much your pastor knows...I can read English
    Obviously not, as my ENGLISH Bible doesn't infer anything of the sort.

This thread reeks of poor comprehension and childish non-Christian bantor. I thought there would be serious questions, too (what was I thinking)?

Irony of it all is that I know of several places in the Bible which appear "contradictory", but no one has yet to mention them; nor do they destroy any validity in the Bible, so it's no big deal.

EDIT: Actually, after reading through the thread, someone already mentioned the number of horses.
    Last edited by ElderJefferson; 06-28-2007 at 06:56 AM.
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

"You've got more definition than a dictionary." -me

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    i see what you are saying. you're suggesting that it means that he already formed them but now he brought them to adam. i can see how that would be what it says.
    Thank you. God bless you. Not because you have "taken our side", but because you chose to put away any preconceived notions and apply some comprehension to the text. I don't know if I can rep you, but I'll try.
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME

Originally Posted by Skwidward View Post
    God
    is God and cannot die

Jesus
    is man and died
    Now THAT appears to be a contradiction (as opposed to just saying 'God and Jesus').

Well, to fully answer that would take quite some time, so I'll just throw out the end result and then provide a link to a reputable Bible Answer website for further study.

The "to the point" answer is that Jesus is divine, being one of the three members of the Godhead. His divinity was clothed with a shroud of flesh, thus God had become fully man (while remaining fully divine). The Bible refers to this as the mystery of Godliness. Jesus had to live His life without relying upon His own power, but in faith He had to cling to our Father's strength.

When Jesus died, His humanity died. Divinity can not die. One of my favorite authors puts it this way: "While humanity slept, divinity rested".

EDIT: oops, forgot the link: http://www.amazingfacts.org/media/ra....asp?tName=God
    Last edited by ElderJefferson; 06-28-2007 at 09:38 AM.

Vaper is just really nice. (+1000) Vaper is just really nice. (+1000) Vaper is just really nice. (+1000) Vaper is just really nice. (+1000) Vaper is just really nice. (+1000) Vaper is just really nice. (+1000) Vaper is just really nice. (+1000) Vaper is just really nice. (+1000) Vaper is just really nice. (+1000) Vaper is just really nice. (+1000) Vaper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Jesus wore a scarlet robe.

Jesus wore a purple robe.
    http://realcolorwheel.com/RCWtablema...x5dpi72map.png

Scarlet is 10-11 Notice how close it is to purple, it is basically purple with a hint of red in it.
    ☆☆☆
    Juventus F.C.

Sua Maestà
    La Regina
    Imperatrice

i understand exactly what you guys are saying. Now do you understand what im saying a little bit? i know it is very confusing. But just because it says "God had created the animals and brought them to adam" doesnt necissarily mean, that the author is speaking of this in order, and that no animal on earth had been created. He could just be stating again that the animals were created by God, and they were to be brought to adam now.

in the first part of this chapter it is talking about no plant had yet appeared, but God had provded water. God is not giving the plants to adam, to eat from.

in the second half its now talking about God raising up aniamls to be brought to adam. the author could simply just be repeating, and saying, the animals were created by God, as the plants were brought about by God.

then God provides helper for adam.

""""The first five books of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy) are collectively called the Books of the Law, or the Torah, or the Books of Moses. Those last four books have many verses that attribute them directly to Moses. But he?s not even mentioned anywhere in the book of Genesis. Why is this?

We?ll try to show in this little chapter that there?s considerable internal evidence, and some archaeological evidence, that Genesis was actually first written in sections, most likely on clay tablets, by a number of different men who were eye-witnesses to the actions described. These men signed their names at the bottom of their respective tablets, and later Moses compiled these tablets into what we call the ?book of Genesis.?""

so meses is believe to be the person who put these together to form Genesis, or he even wrote some of it. Why would moses keep two tablets that both talked about the days of creation, or any that had to do with the order of creation. If there were more than one, dont you think he might have only used one?

the author really in chapter 2 is focusing on the garden now, and that adam was to not eat from that special tree, but he cant eat from any vegetation, and he has to name the animals. He needs a helper in all this, which is eve.

why would they put to chapters in the same book that said the same thing. Why would they stick two different writing that "both talk about the order of creation" wouldnt you need only one? yes, and thats chapter 1. In chapter 2, we move on. CHapter 2 doesnt talk about morning, evening, sun, stars, or anything else like that.

but if its a completely differnet story, wouldnt that mean that adam was not the first human? gen 1 states that man was already made, so was woman. but in gen 2 he creates adam and later he creates eve. would that mean he created them after he created humans? that would explain where cains wife came from anyway.

and i know what your saying about the focus of the story in gen 2. but some translations like i showed seem to suggest he created the animals at this time. one of the translations clearly shows he did it at that time. "20So the LORD took some soil and made animals and birds. He brought them to the man to see what names he would give each of them." its been suggested to me that perhaps god just made some animals again in the garden for adam to name. but i just dont see why god would do that when he already made the animals. he could just bring them into the garden.

i think i have a solution: can anyone here read ancient hebrew?

edit: after reading your post again(the one with the verses) ive noticed that when it describes god making the garden, it uses the same phrase "now the lord god had...". when it talks about creating animals it starts off like this as well. now, i saw it as saying that he already created them. like using now as like when someone says "now listen here" or something like that. just stating he already did it. it also uses the word "had". but it does it for the garden part as well. so did he create the garden then or was it already done? this phrasing might also suggest that he was doing it now. like saying "and now he did this" instead of saying "so then he did this". ill have to read into this one some more.
    Last edited by timmy47; 06-28-2007 at 09:42 AM.

Originally Posted by nrellas View Post
    Explain why, if Jesus was perfect, he thought that the end of the world was coming soon, when it has clearly not come yet. See Matthew 16:27-28.
    hahaha, we dont know what soon is. What if 10,000 years is very soon. We dont know. ALl it does is gets the point across in our heads that we need to give our lives to Christ now. What is the wait for.

but if its a completely differnet story, wouldnt that mean that adam was not the first human? gen 1 states that man was already made, so was woman. but in gen 2 he creates adam and later he creates eve. would that mean he created them after he created humans? that would explain where cains wife came from anyway.

and i know what your saying about the focus of the story in gen 2. but some translations like i showed seem to suggest he created the animals at this time. one of the translations clearly shows he did it at that time. "20So the LORD took some soil and made animals and birds. He brought them to the man to see what names he would give each of them." its been suggested to me that perhaps god just made some animals again in the garden for adam to name. but i just dont see why god would do that when he already made the animals. he could just bring them into the garden.

i think i have a solution: can anyone here read ancient hebrew?

edit: after reading your post again(the one with the verses) ive noticed that when it describes god making the garden, it uses the same phrase "now the lord god had...". when it talks about creating animals it starts off like this as well. now, i saw it as saying that he already created them. like using now as like when someone says "now listen here" or something like that. just stating he already did it. it also uses the word "had". but it does it for the garden part as well. so did he create the garden then or was it already done? this phrasing might also suggest that he was doing it now. like saying "and now he did this" instead of saying "so then he did this". ill have to read into this one some more.
    i even understand if the verses say "God created the animals......." Doesnt mean the author is telling everything in Chronological order. You cant say he is just because that one verse sounds like the author is. If you read the whole chapter he goes back and forth, or atleast isnt super clear. Im sure they didnt have grammar classes back then, and teach people how to write properly.

QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hahaha, we dont know what soon is. What if 10,000 years is very soon. We dont know. ALl it does is gets the point across in our heads that we need to give our lives to Christ now. What is the wait for.
    Just because Jesus was perfect doesn't mean that he could foretell the future.

Matt 24:36
    "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (NWT)

And being in the time of the end, to go along with Chaos' point.

1 Pet 3:8
    "However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day." (NWT)

While it isn't really to say that if God said Armageddon was coming in 2 days it would be 2,000 years, we shouldn't think that just because Jesus said the time of the end was near it's not necessarily going to come next week.
    Last edited by quicksand.gfx; 06-28-2007 at 02:53 PM.
    Matt Ryan is the truth.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe them. -George Orwell

I rape back (300+) (put 300+ in your comment)

R/P UPCC 4 LYFE

i even understand if the verses say "God created the animals......." Doesnt mean the author is telling everything in Chronological order. You cant say he is just because that one verse sounds like the author is. If you read the whole chapter he goes back and forth, or atleast isnt super clear. Im sure they didnt have grammar classes back then, and teach people how to write properly.
    if you cant take it literally, why believe this is the way it happened? im not attacking im just wondering what it is that makes you think this is actually the truth.

Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Vaper View Post
    http://realcolorwheel.com/RCWtablema...x5dpi72map.png

Scarlet is 10-11 Notice how close it is to purple, it is basically purple with a hint of red in it.
    But scarlet is not purple.

QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QuicksandATL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    But scarlet is not purple.
    This is probably the stupidest implication I've ever heard.
    Matt Ryan is the truth.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe them. -George Orwell

I rape back (300+) (put 300+ in your comment)

R/P UPCC 4 LYFE

Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000) Popsicle52 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by quicksand.gfx View Post
    This is probably the stupidest implication I've ever heard.
    Scarlet is orange-red. It's not purple. That's a contradiction.

UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nobody is going to touch this question with a 50 foot pole, are they?

Originally Posted by UhhWhatever View Post
    Adam was the only man god created.
    Eve was the only woman god created.

First Adam and Eve had Cain.
    Then Adam and Eve had Abel.
    Then Cain killed Abel.
    Then Cain found a wife.
    Then Adam and Eve had Seth.
    Then Adam and Eve had other children.

Where did Cain's wife come from?

Applicable scripture is referenced below.
    Genesis 4:16 - Then Cain went away from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

Genesis 4:17 - Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch; and he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son, Enoch.

Genesis 4:25 - And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his name Seth, for she said, "God has appointed for me another child instead of Abel, for Cain slew him."

Genesis 5:3 - When Adam had lived a hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.

Genesis 5:4 - The days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years; and he had other sons and daughters.
    485/285/495 @ 200
    Ed Coan told me I had nice squat form.

Originally Posted by UhhWhatever View Post
    Nobody is going to touch this question with a 50 foot pole, are they?
    I enjoy it when someone asks a question that has already been answered numerous times (thus no one bothers responding), and then proceeds to act as if the question is stupefying.

Because you're a grown man, I'll answer it (most of these kids annoy me). Adam and Eve had many, many children. Nowhere does it say that the only kids they had are the ones recorded in Genesis (in fact, there may even have been numerous children born BETWEEN Cain and Abel). To say that "these are their only children" is unbiblical.

Anyways, they had tons (be fruitful and multiply). Not only that, but the Bible does not provide a timeline for these events, either, so one of two possibilities occurred:

1) Cain killed Abel and then fled. While in exile, the offspring of Adam and Eve eventually migrated to his location.

2) By the time Cain killed Abel, the offspring of Adam and Eve had already migrated to various locations upon the earth, and it was to these locations that Cain fled.

His wife would, of course, had come from Adam and Eve's offspring (cousin, sister, or niece).

UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's another:

First of all, there is the obvious question of whether it was two of each animal or two of some and seven of others. It's a blatant contradiction, but since Genesis was written by at least two different people, I understand how the confusion came to exist.

If it was two of each (as suggested by the majority of the scripture), then how would Noah have offered a sacrifice when he got off the boat? If it was seven of each clean animal, then you're going to need an even bigger boat.

Which brings me to my real point...

I don't care how big a cubit is, how in god's name (pun intended) could you build a boat that would hold somewhere between 2 and 7 of every animal which lives on the land or in the air for 190 days (40 days of rain, 150 more days waiting for **** to dry up), plus all the food god told Noah to bring to feed them, which for many of those animals, is other animals?

I've quoted some scripture. I'll make another post with a list of animals, just to give you a good idea of the scope of that.

Genesis 6:15 - And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

Genesis 6:19-21 - And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive. And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

Genesis 7:2-3 - Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

Genesis 7:8-9 - Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, there went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

Genesis 7:14-15 - They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort. And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

Genesis 7:21-23 - And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: all in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

Genesis 8:3 - And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated.

Genesis 8:18-20 - And Noah went forth, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him: every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark. And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
    485/285/495 @ 200

This is a list of just the animals at the St. Louis zoo - it's not even close to an exhaustive list of animals currently on the planet, let alone whatever animals were purported to be alive at the time of the flood.

Invertebrates
    Centipedes
    Giant Centipede
    Crustaceans (crabs, shrimp, woodlice)
    Hermit Crabs
    Wood Louse
    Horseshoe crabs
    Horseshoe Crab
    Insects
    Ants, Bees, Wasps
    Bullet Ant
    Carpenter Bee
    Honey Pot Ant
    Honeybee
    Leaf Cutter Ant
    Velvet Ant
    Grasshoppers, katydids, crickets, roaches, mantises, stick insects
    American Cockroach
    Cave Cricket
    Costa Rican Katydid
    Cricket
    False Katydid
    Flower Mantis
    German Cockroach
    Giant Cockroach
    Giant Prickly Stick
    Giant Spiny Stick
    Hissing Cockroach
    Javanese Leaf Insect
    Lubber Grasshopper
    Malagasy Blue-spot Mantis
    Malaysian Walkingstick
    Mole Cricket
    Northern Walkingstick
    Orchid Mantis
    Peruvian Firestick
    Praying Mantis
    Vietnamese Walkingstick
    Beetles
    African Jewel Beetle
    American Burying Beetle
    American Carrion Beetle
    Arizona Jewel Beetle
    Atlas Beetle
    Bess Beetle
    Cactus Longhorn Beetle
    Confused Flour Beetle
    Darkling Beetle
    Dogbane Leaf Beetle
    Eastern Hercules Beetle
    Fiery Searcher
    Flamboyant Flower Beetle
    Giant High Plains Tiger Beetle
    Giant Water Scavenger Beetle
    Green Metallic Scarab Beetle
    Hide Beetle
    Jade-headed Beetle
    Ladybug Beetle
    Margined Burying Beetle
    Pedunculate Ground Beetle
    Sunburst Diving Beetle
    Tumblebug
    Whirligig Beetle
    Butterflies and Moths
    Blue Morpho
    Silkworm
    Cicadas, Cochineal Insects, Aphids
    Cochineal Insect
    Scale Insect
    Termites
    Termite
    True Bugs
    Backswimmer
    Ferocious Water Bug
    Milkweed Bug
    Red Spot Assassin Bug
    Water Scorpion
    True Flies
    House Fly
    Jellies, Anemones
    Condylactis Anemone
    Upside-down Jelly
    Millipedes
    Desert Millipede
    Giant African Millipede
    Missouri Millipede
    Snails, Slugs, Octopuses
    Apple Snail
    Banana Slug
    Marine Snail
    Partula Snail
    Spiders and Scorpions
    Bark Scorpion
    Black and Yellow Argiope Spider
    Black Widow
    Brazilian Salmon Pink Birdeater
    Brazilian Whiteknee Tarantula
    Brown Recluse Spider
    Brown Widow
    Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula
    Cobalt Blue Tarantula
    Desert Hairy Scorpion
    Devil Stripe-tailed Scorpion
    Egyptian Fat-tailed Scorpion
    Emperor Scorpion
    Golden Silk Spider
    Green Lynx Spider
    House Spider
    Indian Ornamental Tarantula
    Long-bodied Cellar Spider
    Madagascar Orb-weaving Spider
    Missouri Tarantula
    Nursery Web Spider
    Peruvian Pink-toe Tarantula
    Red-kneed Tarantula
    Silver Argiope
    South African Flat Rock Scorpion
    Spiny Orb-weaving Spider
    Sri Lankan Ornamental Tarantula
    Stripe-kneed Tarantula
    Tailless Whip Scorpion
    Texas Gold Tarantula
    Trapdoor Spider
    Whip Scorpion
    Urchins, Stars
    Chocolate Chip Star
    Pencil Urchin
    Worms, Leeches
    Earthworm
    Featherduster Worm
    Medicinal Leech
    Amphibians
    Caecilians
    Mexican Caecilian
    Frogs and Toads
    American Bullfrog
    American Toad
    European Green Toad
    Giant Marine Toad
    Golden Mantella
    Mountain Chicken
    Panamanian Golden Frog
    Puerto Rican Crested Toad
    Surinam Toad
    Tomato Frog
    Vietnamese Moss Frog
    Waxy Tree Frog
    Wyoming Toad
    Yellow-and-blue Poison Dart Frog
    Salamanders and Newts
    Alligator Newt
    Blue-tailed Fire-bellied Newt
    Chinese Giant Salamander
    Emperor Newt
    Fire Salamander
    Hellbender
    Iberian Ribbed Newt
    Marbled Salamander
    Mudpuppy
    Three-toed Amphiuma
    Tiger Salamander
    Western Lesser Siren
    Reptiles
    Alligators and Crocodiles
    American Alligator
    Chinese Alligator
    Cuban Crocodile
    Dwarf Caiman
    False Gharial
    Spectacled Caiman
    Yacare Caiman
    Lizards
    Chinese Water Dragon
    Banded Day Gecko
    Banded Gila Monster
    Black Tree Monitor
    Blue Spiny Lizard
    Blue-tongued Skink
    Chinese Crocodile Lizard
    Crocodile Monitor
    Fiji Banded Iguana
    Green Basilisk
    Green Iguana
    Henkel's Leaftailed Gecko
    Inland Bearded Dragon
    Komodo Dragon
    Mexican Alligator Lizard
    Mexican Beaded Lizard
    New Caledonia Gecko
    New Caledonia Giant Gecko
    New Guinea Crocodile Skink
    Rhinoceros Iguana
    Savanna Monitor
    Scheltopusik
    Solomon Island Prehensile-tailed Skink
    Warren's Girdled Lizard
    Western Chuckwalla
    Snakes
    Anatolian Viper
    Angolan Dwarf Python
    Armenian Viper
    Aruba Island Rattlesnake
    Ball Python
    Black Milk Snake
    Black Rat Snake
    Black-headed Python
    Black-speckled Palm-pitviper
    Boelen's Python
    Bolkar Viper
    Bornean Leaf-nosed Pitviper
    Brazilian Rainbow Boa
    Burmese Python
    Caucasus Viper
    Central American Bushmaster
    Central Asian Cobra
    Corn Snake
    Dumeril's Boa
    Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake
    Emerald Tree Boa
    Fea's Viper
    Grand Canyon Rattlesnake
    Green Anaconda
    Green Tree Python
    Hermon Mountain Viper
    Jamaican Boa
    King Cobra
    Lataste's Viper
    Leaf-nosed Viper
    Madagascar Ground Boa
    Madagascar Tree Boa
    Massasauga Rattlesnake
    Mexican Lance-headed Rattlesnake
    Moorish Viper
    Mt. Mang Pitviper
    Northern Death Adder
    Ocellate Mountain Viper
    Osage Copperhead
    Philippine Pitviper
    Red-tailed Boa Constrictor
    Reticulated Python
    Ridgenosed Rattlesnake
    Rosy Boa
    Sawu Python
    Side-striped Palm-pitviper
    Southern Twig Snake
    Speckled Forest Pitviper
    Stuart's Milk Snake
    Szechwan Speckled Pitviper
    Timber Rattlesnake
    West African Gaboon Viper
    Western Cottonmouth
    Western Pygmy Rattlesnake
    Yangtze Mamushi
    Yellow-blotched Palm-pitviper
    Tuataras
    Tuatara
    Turtles and Tortoises
    African Pancake Tortoise
    Aldabra Tortoise
    Alligator Snapping Turtle
    Arakan Forest Turtle
    Asian Giant Pond Turtle
    Balkan Hermann's Tortoise
    Box Turtle
    Cape Speckled Padloper Tortoise
    Central American River Turtle
    Common Map Turtle
    Common Musk Turtle
    Egyptian Tortoise
    Elongated Tortoise
    Galapagos Tortoise
    Gopher Tortoise
    McCord's Box Turtle
    Murray River Turtle
    Northern Spider Tortoise
    Pig-nosed Turtle
    Radiated Tortoise
    Red-bellied Short-necked Turtle
    South African Bowsprit Tortoise
    South American Yellow-foot Tortoise
    Spiny Softshell Turtle
    Spotted Turtle
    Star Tortoise
    Vietnamese Big-headed Turtle
    Birds
    Cranes, trumpeters
    Common Moorhen
    East African Crowned Crane
    Grey-winged Trumpeter
    Sarus Crane
    Stanley Crane
    Wattled Crane
    White-naped Crane
    Gulls, plovers, thick-knees, puffins
    Blacksmith Plover
    Cape Thick-knee
    Horned Puffin
    Tufted Puffin
    Herons, flamingos, ibis, spoonbills, egrets, storks
    Black-crowned Night Heron
    Caribbean Flamingo
    Cattle Egret
    Glossy Ibis
    Great Egret
    Green Heron
    Marabou Stork
    Roseate Spoonbill
    Saddlebill Stork
    Snowy Egret
    White Ibis
    White Stork
    Kingfishers, hornbills, bee-eaters
    Blue-crowned Motmot
    Papuan Hornbill
    Carmine Bee-eater
    Great Hornbill
    Kookaburra
    Lilac-breasted Roller
    Micronesian Kingfisher
    Rhinoceros Hornbill
    Trumpeter Hornbill
    Nightjars, frogmouths, whippoorwills
    Tawny Frogmouth
    Ostriches, emus, tinamous
    Andean Tinamou
    Elegant Crested Tinamou
    Emu
    Ostrich
    Owls
    Barred Owl
    Eastern Screech Owl
    Great Horned Owl
    Long-eared Owl
    Spectacled Owl
    Parrots
    Blue-and-yellow Macaw
    Blue-crowned Conure
    Bourke's Parakeet
    Hawk-headed Parrot
    Hyacinth Macaw
    Lorikeet
    Yellow-collared Lovebird
    Scarlet Macaw
    Penguins
    Gentoo Penguin
    Humboldt Penguin
    King Penguin
    Rockhopper Penguin
    Perching birds
    Bali Mynah
    Blue-faced Honeyeater
    Collie's Jay
    Common Crow
    Fairy Bluebird
    Golden-breasted Starling
    Java Rice Finch
    Magpie Robin
    Orange Weaver Finch
    Plush-crested Jay
    Red-billed Blue Magpie
    Red-billed Leiothrix
    Silver-eared Mesia
    Society Finch
    White-crested Laughing Thrush
    White-headed Buffalo Weaver
    Zebra Finch
    Pheasants, Curassows, Guans
    Bamboo Partridge
    Cabot's Tragopan
    Chicken
    Crested Wood Partridge
    Golden Pheasant
    Helmeted Curassow
    Helmeted Guineafowl
    Horned Guan
    Northern Bobwhite Quail
    Palawan Peacock Pheasant
    Piping Guan
    Vulturine Guineafowl
    Pigeons, doves
    Bleeding Heart Dove
    Chestnut-bellied Sandgrouse
    Diamond Dove
    Homing Pigeon
    Marianas Fruit Dove
    Ring-necked Dove
    Wonga Pigeon
    Turacos, roadrunners
    Greater Roadrunner
    White-cheeked Turaco
    White-crested Turaco
    Vultures, hawks, eagles
    American Kestrel
    Audubon's Caracara
    Bald Eagle
    Bateleur Eagle
    Cinereous Vulture
    Harris' Hawk
    King Vulture
    Red-tailed Hawk
    Swainson's Hawk
    Waterfowl
    American White Pelican
    American Wood Duck
    Bar-headed Goose
    Black-necked Swan
    Blue-winged Teal
    Bufflehead Duck
    Canvasback
    Crested Screamer
    Double-crested Cormorant
    Hooded Merganser
    King Eider
    Northern Pintail Duck
    Northern Shoveler
    Ruddy Duck
    Swan Goose
    Woodpeckers, toucans
    Bearded Barbet
    Channel-billed Toucan
    Green Aracari
    Toco Toucan
    Mammals
    Anteaters, Sloths, Armadillos
    Giant Anteater
    Linne's Two-toed Sloth
    Southern Three-banded Armadillo
    Hoffmann's Two-toed Sloth
    Bats
    Indian Flying Fox
    Carnivores
    Amur Leopard
    Amur Tiger
    Bat-eared Fox
    Black Bear
    Bush Dog
    Cheetah
    Dwarf Mongoose
    European Polecat
    Fennec Fox
    Grizzly Bear
    Jaguar
    Kinkajou
    Lion
    Malayan Sun Bear
    North American River Otter
    Polar Bear
    Puma
    Red Panda
    Sand Cat
    Slender-tailed Meerkat
    Snow Leopard
    Spectacled Bear
    Spotted Hyena
    Egg-laying Mammals
    Short-beaked Echidna
    Elephants
    Asian Elephant
    Hedgehogs
    White-bellied Hedgehog
    485/285/495 @ 200

Imagine that, the post was too long . . .

Hoofed Mammals
    Addax
    Arabian Oryx
    Babirusa
    Bactrian Camel
    Banteng
    Black Rhinoceros
    Central Chinese Goral
    Chacoan Peccary
    Cotswold Sheep
    Cuvier's Gazelle
    Domestic Goat