Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Liqwed's Avatar
    Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100)

Healthy Fast Foods!!??

Are there any fast food restaurants out there that YOU eat to help bulk up cleanly? For example, the chicken selects from Mcdonalds...I'm not too sure if thats healthy though hah. Another one would be Subway, but I'm not sure if thats too good for bulking since you want high calories. I live in houston and I dont know if you guys have a fast food joint called Chick-Fil-A, but they serve only chicken sandwhiches...pretty healthy, but I think the best fast food for bulking up would be KFC! Anybody know any other good fast foods to eat? I'm sometimes too lazy to cook anything for myself.
    Last edited by Liqwed; 09-23-2004 at 09:58 AM.

Registered User SpAcEmAn Spliff's Avatar
    SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    chicken selects are very high in fat...
    subways pretty good i guess, i heard the hard tacos at taco bell are not bad

JB20 is just really nice. (+1000) JB20 is just really nice. (+1000) JB20 is just really nice. (+1000) JB20 is just really nice. (+1000) JB20 is just really nice. (+1000) JB20 is just really nice. (+1000) JB20 is just really nice. (+1000) JB20 is just really nice. (+1000) JB20 is just really nice. (+1000) JB20 is just really nice. (+1000) JB20 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SpAcEmAn Spliff
    i heard the hard tacos at taco bell are not bad
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/foo...54894&partner=
    america needs more women like this http://www.xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/lanci/na_tinbe.html

momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    KFC would be great for bulking up, but only if bulking up means turning into a fatass and clogging up your arteries.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Even the chicken breast have added additives etc, avoid all of it if anything have a salad bro
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a few, select items on fast food menus that are not AWFUL, but even the decent ones are too high in fat, especially saturated. And they're all using high-GI, mega-processed breads.

Subway is okay, though, like I said, mega-processed, and the nutrient density on their stuff is about zero. They use decent ingredients, but about a C+ overall. Just get all the veggies for some redemption points.

Chicken tacos from Taco Bell aren't totally crappy. Again, high GI tortilla, and their chicken is of questionable origin, but if you get lettuce and tomatoes, at least you get that. But skip the cheese. And none of this "supreme" crap.

And there isn't a "chicken sandwich" out there that they manage NOT to screw up.

I was traveling last week, and in an airport, on a bet ($5), I ate a Burker King chicken whopper. I swear to God I vomitted it back up about 1/2 hour later. And I had it with no mayo, extra lettuce, tomato, etc., and it was still so different from the normal chicken I eat (which I eat all the time) that my body decided to just get rid of it sooner rather than later. What does THAT tell you about fast food chicken?

Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Non fried foods are healthy period, so if there's a subway, or a fast food place with salads or even Quiznos... just dont eat fried foods
    Watch these videos on 9/11:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=906859

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tamacracker
    Non fried foods are healthy period, so if there's a subway, or a fast food place with salads or even Quiznos... just dont eat fried foods
    Don't make me come over there.

Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wendy's Chili and Baked Potato (plain) are 2 healthy choices. THe Salads are good too, as long as you get a low fat dressing.

Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yeah I still try to avoid them sometimes, it's just hard to find anything to eat,or i just get sick of it. It would be nice to have a 12 oz steak for only $3-$5. I didnt even know the KFC chickens were really that bad. Hah i always felt good about myself when i was eating those, thinking i was getting good nutrients inside me. Anyone have a link to preparing food to help you bulk up? I'm currently taking a homemade weight gainer twice a day

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    i dont know about in america, but here in australia i ALWAYS seem to be able to find a good sandwich shop close to any subway, they make you a huge sandwich, with lean chicken, your choice of salad, and on multigrain/sourdough/rye bread it costs less than a footlong at subway, and are WAY better for you
    only thing is i hate paying for a sandwich, i mea $6 is $6 when i can make the same thing at home for cheaper! but still its better than subway

also sushi is becoming "in" i can always find a sushi bar when im hungry, although they can get a little expensive

Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Last saturday I tried that new "whole wheat McGrill chicken" and let me tell you...after not having Mcd's for such a long time, I literaly gagged after I ate that meal (fries + diet pepsi). I much rather have like Subway or something from now on, only thing I will ever eat from mcdonalds is thier fries and mcflurry's.
    My Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120830451

April 2004 - 270lbs 40% bodyfat
    Now - 207lbs 12% bodyfat
    Goal - 205lbs <10%

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

never off the horse.. antbrdwar's Avatar
    antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Theres this amazing sub shop over by Quiznos, near me. Its a local chain, started in mid-NY. Anyways their subs are awesome, load it up with tons of veggies without asking, meat is NEVER fatty, only problem is the bread they serve is beastly large, and they don't have chicken. The bread is awesome though, fresh baked and they just added a new roll, 7 grain. Haven't been there in a long time though, although my sister frequents it since its close to her work. Keeps me updated on these things
    They fall in line................One at a time................Ready to play

Originally Posted by taffer
    also sushi is becoming "in" i can always find a sushi bar when im hungry, although they can get a little expensive
    I could eat sushi every meal. Sashimi, to be specific.

Jay Cutler estimated once that he spends $500/week on sushi. I can TOTALLY understand that. Sushi over here (California) is awesome.

Lucky for ya, unfortunately I live in Houston, one of the fattest city in america. About 30 seconds away from neighborhood is a McDonalds,Jack in the Box, and Burger King all on 1 corner! its so hard to resist, would subway be good for bulking though? Barely any calories

Originally Posted by Liqwed
    Lucky for ya, unfortunately I live in Houston, one of the fattest city in america.
    I heard that, about Houston. I think you guys took over for Detroit, which was #1 last year.

There's got to be some sushi there somewhere, though. You guys are on water. And it's so humid there, fish could practically live in the air.

Giants beat the Astros yesterday. ha ha.

Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All of you talking about eating mcdonalds and kfc.. what happened to plain chicken breast and a bowl of oats? Im not directing this towards everyone but some of the things I read on here with people who think bulking means you can eat everythign and anything you want need to learn. but I would go to subway if I had to go to a fast food place.. may be processed but i would say better then mcdonalds or kfc.

Originally Posted by Anabolic Delts
    All of you talking about eating mcdonalds and kfc.. what happened to plain chicken breast and a bowl of oats? Im not directing this towards everyone but some of the things I read on here with people who think bulking means you can eat everythign and anything you want need to learn. but I would go to subway if I had to go to a fast food place.. may be processed but i would say better then mcdonalds or kfc.
    I'm pretty sure we all agree on that, and practice that 99 days out of 100. I do, at least. But some guys just need the "cheat" now and then to stay sane and happy.

gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Liqwed
    Lucky for ya, unfortunately I live in Houston, one of the fattest city in america. About 30 seconds away from neighborhood is a McDonalds,Jack in the Box, and Burger King all on 1 corner! its so hard to resist, would subway be good for bulking though? Barely any calories
    Bump
    I live in San Antonio and where not that far behind you in the fat department. The only upside that I have been able to find about living in Texas is that everywhere you go they have BBQ shop. Bill Millers half chicken with a whole wheat roll and side salad is a lifesaver when I don't have time to cook. I don't think you have Bill Miller's in Houston though. Here are some links to BBQ joints and Health Food places in Houston

http://houston.citysearch.com/yellow...yellowpages__1

http://houston.citysearch.com/yellow...ink=cs_filter1
    The Holy Trinity: Diet, weight training and cardio
    If you don't Squat or Deadlift, don't ask what supps will help you gain mass.

"Strength and wisdom are not opposing values." - Bill Clinton

Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zackmurphy
    I'm pretty sure we all agree on that, and practice that 99 days out of 100. I do, at least. But some guys just need the "cheat" now and then to stay sane and happy.
    I understand that, but liqwed was saying he thought eating chicken at kfc was giving him nutrients and he was feeling good about himself. Im not trying to put anyone down because he can eat whatever he wants..im just saying it seems alot of people have a misconseption(sp?) that bulking means theres no need to eat clean anymore. But sure, I have a cheat meal also once a week. anyway time to go cook.

antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Zack, when it comes to sushi, what is "good"? I've never had any before, haven't even seen a sushi bar but I want to try one out. I think tomorrow after I get out of class I'm going to drive around and try to find one. What sushi is good, and what is bad :P

gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by antbrdwar
    Zack, when it comes to sushi, what is "good"? I've never had any before, haven't even seen a sushi bar but I want to try one out. I think tomorrow after I get out of class I'm going to drive around and try to find one. What sushi is good, and what is bad :P

Your best bets are to go with sashimi - slices of raw fish without rice
    Salmon, mackarel, tuna, hamachi(yellowtail tuna) are some good choices. Stay away from california rolls(filled with mayo) and eel which is covered in a sugary bbq-type sauce

Awesome, I'll throw that info in my cell phone so I don't forget :P Everyone raves about sushi and I have yet to experience its awesomeness.

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    i wouldnt worry about the white rice too much, its only got a GI of 65, which is lowered by the salmon/avo anyway, also it only lacks a few nutrients from brown, and some fiber, so its not as evil as everyone says it is!

Originally Posted by gfletch
    Your best bets are to go with sashimi - slices of raw fish without rice
    Salmon, mackarel, tuna, hamachi(yellowtail tuna) are some good choices. Stay away from california rolls(filled with mayo) and eel which is covered in a sugary bbq-type sauce
    All true. Sashimi = awesome. Add some wasabe and some ginger and you're in business.

Any kind of raw fish, even if it's an oil-rish fish like salmon, is pretty much fine. some of it look s a lot like it's still just bait, but trust me - there's a reason people eat it. It's good.

And most of them will get you a little green salad, too.

I understand that, but liqwed was saying he thought eating chicken at kfc was giving him nutrients and he was feeling good about himself.
    Very true. In fact, this inspires some new Murphy Rules for Living:

Food is NEVER good for you and NEVER has anthing you need, IF:
    1. the restaurant has a drive-thru
    2. the waiter is the cashier
    3. you order standing up
    4. the waiter is wearing a name tag

Originally Posted by taffer
    i wouldnt worry about the white rice too much, its only got a GI of 65, which is lowered by the salmon/avo anyway, also it only lacks a few nutrients from brown, and some fiber, so its not as evil as everyone says it is!
    Don't get me wrong I love rice and have no real problem with it. It's just that when you get it with sushi it tends to make up 70% of a roll or when you have it under a slice of sashimi it's easy to eat alot of rice and the cals add up quick. When I eat at a Japanese restaraunt I tend to go with soba noodles, they're made from buckwheat and taste awesome

Originally Posted by zackmurphy
    Very true. In fact, this inspires some new Murphy Rules for Living:

Food is NEVER good for you and NEVER has anthing you need, IF:
    1. the restaurant has a drive-thru
    2. the waiter is the cashier
    3. you order standing up
    4. the waiter is wearing a name tag
    Good point, 99% of the time this is true

I understand that, but liqwed was saying he thought eating chicken at kfc was giving him nutrients and he was feeling good about himself. Im not trying to put anyone down because he can eat whatever he wants..im just saying it seems alot of people have a misconseption(sp?) that bulking means theres no need to eat clean anymore. But sure, I have a cheat meal also once a week. anyway time to go cook.
    your rite AD, what a fool i was. I needed the fat and everything though, u can see my bones an everything so anything woulda been good 4 me. Yeah i understand you cant eat just anything in sight,thats why i started this thread to see if there were any fast foods out there. I just heard people saying chicken was a good source of protein an such, so i said "hey, why not KFC?" hah i knew it sounded too good 2 b true. As for the sushi thing over here, my girlfriend works at a japanese steak house, n she gets sushi for free sometimes, bad thing is...i HATE sushi and anything that is fish. I know it would be good for me but ughhh...cant stand fish

i like to make my own sushi you can put as much salmon+avo, and as little rice as you want (well you cant skimp TOO much on the rice) also its alot cheaper, and alot more fun to make your own! (got whey sushi....maybe not! )