Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Grapefruit juice - What are the benefits?

Hello, I just started a new eating plan and was told to add grapefruit juice to the plan, I was just wondering, what is the purpose of this? Does anyone know what the benefits are of taking grapefruit juice?

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Where's BlondeAmazon when you really need her?

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

TuffGirl is a name known to all. (+5000) TuffGirl is a name known to all. (+5000) TuffGirl is a name known to all. (+5000) TuffGirl is a name known to all. (+5000) TuffGirl is a name known to all. (+5000) TuffGirl is a name known to all. (+5000) TuffGirl is a name known to all. (+5000) TuffGirl is a name known to all. (+5000) TuffGirl is a name known to all. (+5000) TuffGirl is a name known to all. (+5000) TuffGirl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Makes for a BAD mix with my meds... I'll have to pass.

jugglingfreak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jugglingfreak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jugglingfreak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jugglingfreak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jugglingfreak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jugglingfreak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jugglingfreak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jugglingfreak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jugglingfreak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jugglingfreak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jugglingfreak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Infantry1 View Post
    Does anyone know what the benefits are of taking grapefruit juice?

Prevention of Scurvy?

OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    wouldn't you be way better off eating a grapefruit rather than just drinking juice?

domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I take no prescription drugs. No doubt I am blessed, but if I did Grapefruit would not be a fruit I would eat. If you are take prescription drugs, even antihistamines you should carefully research Grapefruit effects on drug therapies. There are plenty of great articles written by foremost authorities about grapefruit.

Here some excerpts from Dr. Rosenfeld, he has a lot to say about grapefruit in his many articles of common sense general practice. There is also an informative link at the bottom of this page.

--------------------------------
    DR. ISADORE ROSENFELD?S 2005 BREAKTHROUGH HEALTH BOOK includes:

? New research has shown that apple juice and grapefruit juice increase the risk of kidney stones, while an 8-ounce serving of coffee or wine lowers it by 10 and 59 percent, respectively.

? Pediatricians now say that children?s ear infections should be treated first with a painkiller. Antibiotics should be used only if the pain increases or a high fever develops. New research shows that most infections clear up on their own and the indiscriminate use of antibiotics is creating more strains of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

? Botox can do more than reduce wrinkles. It has also been shown to be effective in treating overactive bladders, prostate enlargement, migraine headaches, and excessive sweating.

? Impressive and definitive studies have shown that Vitamin E supplements are of no benefit in modifying or preventing heart disease. However, they may help prevent cancer and improve certain eye disorders.

? People with type 2 diabetes who are resistant to insulin should add ? teaspoon of cinnamon to what they eat or drink every day. New research demonstrates that this spice helps lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels.

? Virtual colonoscopy?an experimental, new procedure that scans the colon?can be very useful. However, it was found to detect only 55 percent of large growths and 39 percent of small growths. It also missed two of eight common cancers. By comparison, traditional colonoscopy was found to be much more accurate and is widely preferred by doctors. The reason for the discrepancy between the two techniques? Many doctors doing this procedure are insufficiently trained to do it.

Rosenfeld also includes helpful guidelines for interpreting doctor?s advice (?What the Doctor Ordered??) helping readers decide what questions they should ask their practitioner about certain medicines or procedures. No matter what the issue, DR. ISADORE ROSENFELD?S 2005 BREAKTHROUGH HEALTH arms readers with the most up-to-date, understandable, and vital medical information available. Filled with sound and reliable advice from America?s most trusted doctor, it is the one guide needed today for making informed health-care decisions.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to a forums with some good information as well.

http://community.breastcancer.org/ub...09&an=0&page=0

http://www.holisticonline.com/Herbal...nteraction.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by domineaux; 06-28-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    HST is my choice of training
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/index.html

Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infantry1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ok, let me rephrase that..........

I am not sure about the top 2 replies (what the??????) Anyways, I have looked at a few meal plans that people on BB follow and noticed that they incorporate Grapefruit juice into the plan, so what benefit does that have on losing weight if any? I already know that it can cause some problems when taken with prescription meds, I don't take any supplements at all (don't believe in them) nor do I take any meds.

my bad

I take that back, rough day! Thanks peeps, I didn't notice the link on one (Kimsquit) and didn't understand the other at first glance (chocolategirl). Thanks for the replies.

(Kimsquit) I did search through on google as well but overwhelmed with information out there. Was hoping someone here had some more insight, preferably with experience utilizing it in there meal plans.

goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Grapefruit Juice is best in unconcentrated form. If it says "not from concentrate" then buy it.

It's very high in Vitamin A and potassium. I think it's a good source of Calcium too.

I'm eating grapefruit because it loosen harden mucus in the colon. It's also good for the stomach.

It's an excellent antioxidant and it lowers blood cholesterol.

That's all I can remember about it at the moment.
    "I will persist until I succeed!" - Og Mandino

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)

Summary

Well, assuming you aren't taking any medications it can interact with - then it can be a healthy addition to your diet.

I've read that it works as a kind of booster to kick start fat burning... and that just the smell can reduce appetite and prevent over-eating. I do notice some of the latter effect, not sure about the former. I don't drink juice, though - I eat the fruit... (I make a salad with grapefruit, chicken breast, red onion, and almonds - drizzled with a dressing of a little juice from the grapefruit wisked with dijon, tarragon, and a drizzle of honey.)

Other claimed benefits:

Like all citrus, it's high in vitamin C (though bell peppers and broccoli are higher.)

It's especially high in lycopene, a powerful anti-oxident, as well has having a couple of other components which have also been associated with reduced tumor production.

It can lower cholesterol (but then most fruits can.)

It can help reduce the formation of kidney stones by raising the acidity in the body.

It contains naringenin, which has been associated with repair of DNA - though the concentrations are not likely high enough to make much difference.

Thanks to everyone for the replies

After reading the answer from empresscat I feel that I got my answer, I also did some more research online and found similar information to what she replied, thanks Empresscat!!!!!!!!

BigJimCalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJimCalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJimCalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJimCalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJimCalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJimCalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJimCalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJimCalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJimCalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJimCalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJimCalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like energy drinks that have a grapefruit flavor.