Cwoodson00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

18 year old college freshman... need help..

I am an 18 year old freshman at Virginia Tech University. I'm 5'9 about 154lbs. and am looking to bulk up while maintaining good definition. I haven't worked out in atleast a month, since i have been getting adjusted to college. Any suggestions on supplements, protein, and workout tips? I need as much help as possible....

p.s.: I was looking at taking nitrix? what do you guys think?

Red Eyed Jedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dont even worry about nitrix

eat alot of good protiens (chicken, tuna, lean beef)

eat balanced clean carbs (oatmeal, brown rice, anything 100% whole wheat and such

low fat

above maintence cals

whey protien and carbs post workout

basic bass builing workouts bench, deads, squats etc

not much else to it, but i wont give details because its incredibly easy to find this **** on the site, do a few searches

lngbrdr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lngbrdr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lngbrdr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lngbrdr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im 18 too, college freshmen as well, 145 at 5'7" personally looking at the food served in the cafeteria you are gonna have to eat fat wether you like it or not they don't exactly know how to cook heathly. With that being said I'd say you should watch out for the bad carbs, if anything we have learned from atkins is that the body doesn't nearly need as many carbohydrates as once suggested. Those are just my opinions. And keep lifting though and definetly focus on the core lifts.

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lngbrdr
    Im 18 too, college freshmen as well, 145 at 5'7" personally looking at the food served in the cafeteria you are gonna have to eat fat wether you like it or not they don't exactly know how to cook heathly. With that being said I'd say you should watch out for the bad carbs, if anything we have learned from atkins is that the body doesn't nearly need as many carbohydrates as once suggested. Those are just my opinions. And keep lifting though and definetly focus on the core lifts.

ok you try to get big on an atkins type carb menu and i'll use a more realistic approach, let's see who gets bigger and bigger faster
    Chicks dig big calves

lngbrdr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lngbrdr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lngbrdr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lngbrdr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im not doing it at all atkins Im not restricting anywhere near that much but you must realize Ill im trying to point out is that in the food the thing you cannot control in a cafeteria is the fact that if you want protein you are gonna HAVE to eat fat, they dont serve lean chicken breast or turkey burgers in there. So if you dont wanna blow up super fat the thing you can control is the amount and quality of carbs you consume. That is all Im trying to get accross take it or leave it but that is purely what I believe for someone at a college and forced to eat cafeteria food.

u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Arrow

Being that you're in college, you probably want the best bang for your buck. Having established that, I would recommend these inexpensive yet effective products:

Prolab Creatine Monohydrate 1kg for <$20
    Optimum Nutrition 100% whey ~75servings (5 lbs) for ~$21
    Twinlab Daily One 90servings <$9

The ON protein is not the best quality, but as far as taste, cost, quality is concerned it's definitely tops for me.
    "Like those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships."

KCPreki11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by u5711
    The ON protein is not the best quality, but as far as taste, cost, quality is concerned it's definitely tops for me.
    I'm lost, you just contradicted yourself.

I hope you meant to say ON is quality.

DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey, im 17 and a freshman at college too up here in NY. im the same heigh as u, but im huge lol. 182 pounds, ill give u some fat if ya want :-). i've been adjusting too and in fact ijust put together a "getting back on track" list for myself to kind of pick up the stuff that i've let loose since school started. Go for the prepackaged salads ur cafeteria has and the chicken salad sandwiches if there are any. anywho, good luck with everything and PM me if u want.

Steve
    1/01/2005 185 lbs 22.5%
    1/29/2005 181 lbs 20.5%
    6/26/2005 153 lbs 14.7% crap
    2/23/2008 ~202 lbs ~21% (crap again!)

thanks man, good luck up in ny

jjh04f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjh04f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjh04f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjh04f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjh04f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjh04f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjh04f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjh04f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjh04f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjh04f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjh04f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think I have an answer for you guys. I have been bodybuilding for about 2+ years now and have just arrived as a freshman at the FSU campus. What I do is supplement with protein 2x a day. In the morning and post work out, not 30 minutes post work out carry it with you and mix it after your work out. The only thing that helps you gain mass is EATING, EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT. I too have the cafeteria thing. Try using creatine for a 3 weeks and off for a week. This allows time for the creatine to not saturate your muscles and get you kidneys clean. Drink lots of water during a cycle. Remember you can always run and do cardio and lessen the weight and do reps to get cut and loose weight, to gain it eat everything in sight. Do you guys have any favorites in IFBB? Remember to train hard.

jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cwoodson00
    I am an 18 year old freshman at Virginia Tech University. I'm 5'9 about 154lbs. and am looking to bulk up while maintaining good definition. I haven't worked out in atleast a month, since i have been getting adjusted to college. Any suggestions on supplements, protein, and workout tips? I need as much help as possible....

p.s.: I was looking at taking nitrix? what do you guys think?
    I am also freshman at Virginia Tech also. I am trying to do the same thing. I am just taking protein and eating as much as I can. I usually try to eat the healthiest things possible. I go to frank's deli or au bon pain and get a sub on wheat or another one of the grain breads. I also try to eat lots of chicken. IT will be hard to keep the fat off here though, because if you see how stuff is prepared a lot more fat goes into that what is listed on the nutrition facts on the VT website. For example, at Frank's Deli if you get a sandwich with anytype of sauce they put a ton on it.

billypfl will become famous soon enough. (+50) billypfl will become famous soon enough. (+50) billypfl will become famous soon enough. (+50) billypfl will become famous soon enough. (+50) billypfl will become famous soon enough. (+50) billypfl will become famous soon enough. (+50) billypfl will become famous soon enough. (+50) billypfl will become famous soon enough. (+50) billypfl will become famous soon enough. (+50) billypfl will become famous soon enough. (+50) billypfl will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

i'm 18 years old as well. here's what i'd do:
    --a good multi-vit. (AST 32x)
    --protein at least twice a day(ON)
    --creatine 10-15g/day (dont go overboard with it like i did, it does have some sides if you get in the 30g/day range ... HIGHER POWER or whatever is cheap) V12 Turbo is also a good choice although not as cheap.
    anything else would be optional like:
    --methoxy/ecdy
    --glutamine
    --prohormones?? 1-ad, 4-ad, 19nordiol (probably not at 18)
    by the way, i heard that Nitrix isn't all that great. you might want to see if anyone got good results from it.

anyway, goodluck.

xingt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a freshmen in college as well and have been lifting consistently for the past 3 weeks. I use satur8, on whey, and syntrax nitrous. I have noticed a big difference and my strength has gone up a ton. The food here isn't the most nutrious but I just make due with what I have.

Originally Posted by jaymode
    I am also freshman at Virginia Tech also. I am trying to do the same thing. I am just taking protein and eating as much as I can. I usually try to eat the healthiest things possible. I go to frank's deli or au bon pain and get a sub on wheat or another one of the grain breads. I also try to eat lots of chicken. IT will be hard to keep the fat off here though, because if you see how stuff is prepared a lot more fat goes into that what is listed on the nutrition facts on the VT website. For example, at Frank's Deli if you get a sandwich with anytype of sauce they put a ton on it.

Where r u stayin at VT? i usually stick to the salads, chragrilled chicken sandwich, and wraps from hokie grill... either that or the subs like u said, do u workout at mccomas?

jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaymode will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    check your private messages.