Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

MultiPower CreaMax Review!

[/img]

OFFICIAL COMPANY SITE: http://www.multipoweruk.com/
    FLAVOUR REVIEWED: Cranberry
    SIZE: 429 ml

PRODUCT WRITE-UP
    Features
    Cranberry flavour ready to drink in a 429ml can contains 4.6g of creatine which is stored inside a wedge until you open the can. When the ring pull is released the creatine is automatically mixed and ready to drink within 30 seconds.

Crea Max is the first ready to drink creatine that delivers a stable dose of creatine to extend training endurance.

Benefits

Super Fast Creatine Delivery 4.6g per can.
    Carbohydrate loading system 50g of carbs per can.
    Great Fruity taste, Zero Fat.
    Conveinence ie No Powders to measure or mixing.

---

SUPPLEMENT LUXURIES

FIRST TIME TASTE: 10/10
    Ginkgo Biloba}---------|{MST Ragnarok
    TASTE LIFE: 10/10
    Ginkgo Biloba}---------|{Syntrax Nectar
    TASTE AS ADVERTISED: 9/10
    ON Rocky Road}--------|-{MST Ragnarok Warrior Melon
    Not too sour of a taste like real cranberry juice. Very delicious.

TEXTURE: 9/10
    Glycerglow}--------|-{Met-Rx Supreme Whey
    Just like a normal drink. Misses out on a 10 as sometimes not all the creatine citrate disolves.

SCENT: 5/10
    Fish Oil}----|-----{ErgoPharm AMP
    No real smell, which isn't a bad or a good thing.

---

PRICE

RRP of GBP2.50 it's way overpriced considering all it is is creatine citrate with 50g of dextrose and sugar.

1/10

---

FINAL COMMENTS
    Look else where. While this is an enjoyable drink, it's not worth the money.

Let's look at its ingredients:
    Water, dextrose, sugar, creatine citrate, acidifier, citric acid, flavour, acid regulator, sodium bicarbonate... I think I'll stop there. Sugar being one of the main carbs in this I'm not liking.

Now, creatine citrate. They advertise 4.6g, but thats not enough.

There are other forms of Creatine. Creatine Citrate is very water-soluble but requires twice the amount to equal the same amount of Creatine Monohydrate. Creatine Phosphate is another option but cost to effectiveness makes the product less effective than Creatine Monohydrate.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/author22.htm

So in order for it to do anything worth while, you need to drink two of these. While Creatine Citrate claims to have a 90% absorption rate compared to Creatine Monohydrates 40%. While this would make up for its low creatine amount compared to mono, I'd rather not take chances after the whole CEE study.

What is the difference between Creatine Citrate and Creatine Monohydrate?

Creatine Monohydrate was one of the first Creatine sources available on the market. Since then, several companies have introduced formulas whereby Creatine Monohydrate was blended with other compounds in an attempt to increase the activity of the Creatine molecule. One of the more important recent formulas combined Creatine Monohydrate with Krebs cycle intermediates to increase the solubility and bioavailability of the Creatine molecule. This was an ingenious concept, however, there is now a more advanced formula that takes this concept one step further to create a new Creatine formula that will represent the new generation of Creatine supplementation. This innovative molecule is Creatine Citrate, Creatine bonded to a the Krebs cycle intermediate.

The Krebs Cycle or the Citric Acid Cycle is the final common pathway into which major organic fuel molecules of the cell, such as carbohydrates, fatty acids and amino acids converge to ultimately produce ATP.

One of the end products of this cycle is 8 hydrogen ions that continue to the next process called the Electron Transport Phase where, for each pair of hydrogen ions, 3 ATP molecules are generated. Therefore, for every cycle through the Krebs/Citric Acid Cycle, 12 ATP molecules are produced. Citric Acid is A Krebs Cycle Intermediate. Increasing cellular concentrations of citric acid potentiates the rate of ATP formation. Furthermore, the organic citric acid function is a precursor in the biosynthesis of cellular components.

Citrate bound supplementation is becoming the source of choice. Generally, citrates have a higher solubility, higher absorption, and higher activity. The Monohydrate form of Creatine will supply more Creatine, gram for gram, than the citrate form will since the citric acid molecule is larger than the "Monohydrate." However, the relative solubility of Creatine Citrate is 14% compared to 1.4% for Creatine Monohydrate. So, Creatine Citrate is well over 10 times more soluble than Creatine Monohydrate. This means that the absorption rate of Creatine Citrate is higher than that of Creatine Monohydrate.

Is Creatine Citrate a better source of Creatine supplementation?

Many studies have proven, without a doubt, that Creatine supplementation will increase muscle mass, stamina, strength, energy and recovery training. Because other sources of Creatine were not available in the past, the Monohydrate form of Creatine was used as a vehicle to supply the cells with Creatine. Creatine Citrate is an innovative molecule that supplies the cells with the same active components, Creatine, via a different vehicle. Furthermore, the Creatine Citrate molecule supplies a Krebs Cycle Intermediate, thus supplying two active components to give this form of Creatine supplementation a dual function.
    NutritionalSupplements.com

---
    Another thing I found with this was that I felt terribly bloated afterwards for a good hour. I wouldn't recommend this pre-workout.

Taking into account it's price, etc...
    OVERALL RATING:

4/10

- NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.