Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFactory will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs down

I think that eating together can help but training in the gym together SUCKS!!!
    I went with my girl to the gym and I couldn't stand trying to motivate her to go heavy, she just wants to stay comfortable and lift a little to where it feels nice. I can't stand that ****. It takes all the motivation right out of me.
    I'm glad that my regular training partner is back from Thanksgiving break, ready to do some real working out.

sierralulu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Having kids definitely changes your life. I work outside the home and always have. I have always tried to stay fit but didn't join a gym until my kids were 4 & 2. Fortunately our gym has a place for little ones. It's important not to get "caught up" in your kids. They are not your life nor should they become your life. Yes, they are and always will be a part of your life. No matter what anyone says, your kids will benefit from the extra 60-90 minutes that you take for yourself. Don't be afraid. Being a mom is a wonderful experience. Overwhelming at times but wonderful none the less. It also helps that I have a wonderful husband who has played a major role in their lives as well as mine.

dmsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My first post as a newbie to BB.com however I thought I would share my experience.

I met my wife at the Gym. I was an instructor and she was a client, long story short it was love at first sight. She has been my training partner ever since and we have a complete gym at home. We have been married for 17 years and have 2 children who also workout as a matter of fact our kids have been exposed to the iron since they could walk. I asked her to marry me 2 months after we met it just felt right for both of us.

Dan

Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000)
    congrats bud..
    i personally need my space when im there, its my time to forget the world if u know what i mean..
    but for others it works to do things together like that..
    not my cup o tea tho..

Gator

Originally Posted by dmsavage
    My first post as a newbie to BB.com however I thought I would share my experience.

I met my wife at the Gym. I was an instructor and she was a client, long story short it was love at first sight. She has been my training partner ever since and we have a complete gym at home. We have been married for 17 years and have 2 children who also workout as a matter of fact our kids have been exposed to the iron since they could walk. I asked her to marry me 2 months after we met it just felt right for both of us.

Dan
    Damn greens are like kryptonite this year !!!!

Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Welcome to the board dmsavage!
    This lifestyle is not easy. It takes consistent, disciplined, dedicated effort and sacrifice. It takes planning and focus. Most of all it takes a never-say-die attitude and the balls to keep on keeping on even during those periods when you make no progress!

litlpwrhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout partner

I have been working out with my husband for years and I will say it has its ups and downs. For the most part it is up! He is a great motivator and has no problem letting me know when I am doing something wrong or letting me know that I am slacking. Many people ask us how we do it, but I have to say I would not trade him for the world. We do have out times when we are both on our off days, but we just try to pull each other out of it. If we have a bad work out we make sure we leave that in the gym and not bring it outside. We are both very passionate about training and our goals are somewhat the same. I guess it really depends on what your goals are and what your partners goals are. If you are on different pages it make cause problems. Well that is my take on it!

RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the kind words seosaid and best of luck with the fam.

katiep84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

working out with a guy

i work out with my boyfriend whenever he and I are home from college. I think it is beneficial, becuase he pushes me whenever I get tired or get lazy, and I do the same for him. We are both into working out and love it, and it has also brought us closer together. At first I was a little shy about it becuase we had just started dating, but with his help I never got tired or board with the gym becuase he would make me go every day haha, but becuase of that I have lost 23 lbs! I owe part of that to his help and motivation because he knew how I really wanted to lose weight, and he has always been a positive reinforcement. I guess it just depends on the couple tho, some people do like to work out alone. I guess it's just different for everyone

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like my space/time at the gym it is one of the few things I do alone.

Tracy M is just really nice. (+1000) Tracy M is just really nice. (+1000) Tracy M is just really nice. (+1000) Tracy M is just really nice. (+1000) Tracy M is just really nice. (+1000) Tracy M is just really nice. (+1000) Tracy M is just really nice. (+1000) Tracy M is just really nice. (+1000) Tracy M is just really nice. (+1000) Tracy M is just really nice. (+1000) Tracy M is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

My workout partner is my husband...We work out 6 days a week. We have 2 kids and they go with us. He is extremely intelligent in BB and has motivated me tremendously. Its great to have something like this in common. I think it has brought us a lot closer. You have to both love it equally. He is one of the reasons I have gone from 192lbs, 9 months pregnant to 135lbs now 7 months later. Its great to have a motivater with you that loves you.
    My motivation ~ My 3 children!

"If you live a life a love, you will love the life you live."

Lady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work out in the mornings before work and my husband doesn't have to be at work until around 2 pm so if he goes to the gym with me in the morning I have to hear him bi*ch the whole time about getting up so early and driving all the way to my gym (he and I work out at different gyms). So now he doesn't go with me unless he needs to show me a new exercise. I like it better that way.
    "Inside this body lies that of a skinny lady. But I can usually shut her up with chocolate."

jdharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

hello to all.. if anyone in near or close to ohio im in greenville and i would love to find a workout partner. I used to have one till the united states marines took him in.. I really enjoyed it when we was home, cause he was a great motivater him and i worked off each other. now that im married and a baby on the way its all kinda went down hill.. so i really need that encouragement again. thanks to all that can help and good luck to all

beautifully broken spytechs_wife's Avatar
    spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Seosaid
    sierralulu (and others)...

My fiancé and I are planning to start a familly soon... I know this is going to sound weird, but I'm scared not have time to go to the gym as much as I do now.

Maybe I'm just scared to become a mum :P
    I dont want to be the "used to be fit" woman who doesn't take time for herself afterwards.

At the same time women around me who complain about never having time when you have kids are the ones who were only dedicated to their husband before and didnt do anything else anyway, sometime not even work.

Am I crazy to think this? How is it for you?
    Does your life really change that much?
    you're not crazy. im scared to death to have a baby! but i want to so much at the same time.

i dont know if we can ever be 'ready' to have a baby. sometimes we just have to do it and know that we can handle whatever comes.

God bless,

clare
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." - Phil 4:13

"The ultimate mystery is one's own self." - Sammy Davis, Jr.

Full service photography-
    offthecuffphotography.info

mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Seosaid
    sierralulu (and others)...

My fiancé and I are planning to start a familly soon... I know this is going to sound weird, but I'm scared not have time to go to the gym as much as I do now.

Maybe I'm just scared to become a mum :P
    I dont want to be the "used to be fit" woman who doesn't take time for herself afterwards.

At the same time women around me who complain about never having time when you have kids are the ones who were only dedicated to their husband before and didnt do anything else anyway, sometime not even work.

Am I crazy to think this? How is it for you?
    Does your life really change that much?

Its hard, I am not going to deny that. My husband still goes to the gym every other day - i seem to shy off a bit so make sure we have family time - if I wait for him to go and go after him - it seems our nights are cut off --- I am still battling with it. Our child is still too young to go to the gym with us because he likes to be with us when we are there. I feel my husband thinks I "am lazy" when i don't go or use "family" as an excuse not to go - It's not that at all - i like being home and I think that should be a priority - i go to the gym a couple times a week - i worry about my weight and figure --- Its just hard ---

mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000) mrsc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sierralulu
    Having kids definitely changes your life. I work outside the home and always have. I have always tried to stay fit but didn't join a gym until my kids were 4 & 2. Fortunately our gym has a place for little ones. It's important not to get "caught up" in your kids. They are not your life nor should they become your life. Yes, they are and always will be a part of your life. No matter what anyone says, your kids will benefit from the extra 60-90 minutes that you take for yourself. Don't be afraid. Being a mom is a wonderful experience. Overwhelming at times but wonderful none the less. It also helps that I have a wonderful husband who has played a major role in their lives as well as mine.

I agree with your post although I will say I work full time - so it is 8-10 hours a day i am away from him - then to pick him up from sitter - go home for an hour - travel 20 minutes to the gym - workout - then go back home, cook dinner, spend time with him - then spend time with husband --- there simply just aren't enough hours in the day.
    ON THE OTHER HAND - if I didn't work full time - the gym would be NO PROBLEM. YES, it is my fault - i have to learn to deal with it myself.
    I just don't think it is fair to our child to never have mommy, daddy and kid around at the same time - if you go in shifts, sometimes it just doesn't feel right.

Yes, my husband is a great father also -- so to leave them two alone is fine - he is always busy with him when i am not around - and when i am -- so that is definately a plus

TLS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Love working out w/ my wife...

Hello Ladies-

I love training with my wife. I taught her everything she knows (not to sound conceited). She has come such a long way, at 5'8" she went from skinny model to lean, healthy model. She trains hard with me 5 days a week, and has added such muscle (figure competition look) that she wants to keep adding and enter her first figure comp. in a year and a half. Training together helps us both out tremendously! You have those that have the significant other that hates the gym, mostly because they are scared of the healthy changes they'll have to make, and others that just aren't into it. I feel very lucky that my wife enjoys training as much as I do; we also keep eachother in check when it comes to eating clean and foregoing the junk food (although we do like an occasional treat). I hope everyone that enjoys working out is lucky enough to find a compatible partner!!

BABYGIRL04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYGIRL04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYGIRL04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYGIRL04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYGIRL04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYGIRL04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been wanting to work out with my husband since my daughter born 5 months ago. I think its great all you ladys are able to this with your mates. Especialy compete. My daughter will be 6 months old next tuesday and old enough for the gym daycare, seven days and counting!

enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been a lifter for over 25 years and have competed in powerlifting meets nation wide. I have had numerous male training partners through the years. My wife has been working out at the same gym for several years but due to scheduling we were seldom in the gym at the same time. About 18 months ago our work hours shifted and we are now off together every evening, I also started changing from a power routine to a bodybuilding program due to a severe shoulder injury. She and I discussed the pro's and con's of working out together and decided to give it a try. Since we started training together I have found that I still try to impress her and will push through that last rep or two when I would have stopped before. I have gone from 195lbs and 16% bf to 215 lbs and about 12% naturally. She has changed her workout from 25-50 reps with 5 lb dumbbells to a more power based routine and has added over 6 lbs of muscle in her chest back and shoulders while dropping 1 1/2" from her thighs. We push each other more than a regular training partner because we can't just get mad and walk away. Working out with my wife has been a positive change. She is more honest than any other partner I have had and never lets me bag a set or make excuses. The only down side is changing the weights on the leg press but we have found a way around that too.

NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to workout with my wife, but it's too much of a drain(mentally) on me. She somehow has this looney idea that if she does any kind of weight training she'll start looking like me. It doesn't matter what I tell her, or how much I send her to read she still doesn't get it. It's old misconceptions and stubbornness. We still go swimming, jogging, biking, and play racketball together though.

Since I'm lifting for powerlifting though she just can't spot me. If I'm under a 300lb benchpress and have a problem her loving face is not who I want to see above me.
    6' 260lbs
    Squat: 270 Kg(595 lbs)
    Bench: 165 Kg(364 lbs)
    Dead: 245 Kg(540 lbs)
    Total: 680 Kg(1499 lbs)

'06 Goals:
    300, 200, 300 for an 800kg total
    Get back to 242lb class

LisaAllen1 is not very well liked. (-100) LisaAllen1 is not very well liked. (-100) LisaAllen1 is not very well liked. (-100) LisaAllen1 is not very well liked. (-100) LisaAllen1 is not very well liked. (-100) LisaAllen1 is not very well liked. (-100) LisaAllen1 is not very well liked. (-100) LisaAllen1 is not very well liked. (-100) LisaAllen1 is not very well liked. (-100) LisaAllen1 is not very well liked. (-100) LisaAllen1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I guess we need a workout buddy, workout becomes easy. I want to share my past experiences of myself and my partner. We decided to hit the gym and target some fitness goals. We made a fitness chart including a diet chart. For the last 3 months we have been following a healthy diet and regular exercise. But I think it's good to have a workout buddy. Because in some exercises like weight lifting, we need a partner so that they can help us. You can do push ups, pull ups, running, cycling and handstands with your partner. Working out with a partner is safer than working out solo.

Working out as couples or having a workout buddy can affect your lifestyle.
    Couples workouts can help you build your relationship, you can spend more time with your partner. Working together can strengthen the relationship between two partners.