danthekorean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chin Ups & Rotator Cuff Injury

Ive had a rotator cuff injury for around 4 months now. I layed off benching, and most other heavy work. But unfortunately, my injury has not fully healed yet so I decided to just do Chin Ups so I dont lose EVERYTHING. I do them close grip, around 6 inches apart. This doesn't seem to irritate my rotator cuff. Think I should do this? Or lay off all upper-body exercises? If not chin-ups, what upper-body exercises are good?

Also I've just started taking muay thai. Will boxing irritate my rotator cuff?

Any help is much appreciated.

Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If there not hurting you than keep doing them. Try push ups. They hurt also? Had a shoulder injury also and I know how bad it sucks.

NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by danthekorean
    Ive had a rotator cuff injury for around 4 months now. I layed off benching, and most other heavy work. But unfortunately, my injury has not fully healed yet so I decided to just do Chin Ups so I dont lose EVERYTHING. I do them close grip, around 6 inches apart. This doesn't seem to irritate my rotator cuff. Think I should do this? Or lay off all upper-body exercises? If not chin-ups, what upper-body exercises are good?

Also I've just started taking muay thai. Will boxing irritate my rotator cuff?

Any help is much appreciated.
    Alot of it will have to do with the severity of the injury. For me these were all fine:

Cable-Rows
    Pull-downs (not pull ups though, was too much weight and caused awkwordness)
    T-Bar if done properly, if my form got off though, it put stress on the wrong spot.
    The dreaded iso-curl types were fine, EZ-bar and BB curls were out though.
    Any tri exercise or pressing exercise was definately out.
    Certainly no lateral, front, or L raises.
    Face pulls for rear delts may have been fine, might want to check them out, I never thought to try it.

Take it easy and start light on anything that you try, if you feel ANY discomfort in the shoulder, just stop. Actually, I'm tempted to say just take the time off needed to recover and then go from there. Once you're 100% and get back in the swing of things muscle memory will kick in and you'll get back to where you were.
    eRepublik Game:
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Maxx+Johnson

danthekorean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the help, ill be sure to try those out.

Ned, How long did it take your shoulder injury to heal?