Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How To Become A Personal Trainer?

I need a job for this summer i was wondering what are the needs to becomeing a personal trainer or if there is any books out there that could help me? I have a good understanding about how the body works and have read this article about it http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pertrain.htm
    Also where do i get quilified to becomeing a personal trainer.
    Itís right now. Itís hard, fast, and crisp. Iím not dinking around in there. Iím not a ****ing cream puff. Iím a hammer. Iím a lightning bolt.Ē (Tom Brands - World & Olympic Champion and Assistant Coach U. of Iowa)

WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    how old are you ?

dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Itís right now. Itís hard, fast, and crisp. Iím not dinking around in there. Iím not a ****ing cream puff. Iím a hammer. Iím a lightning bolt.Ē (Tom Brands - World & Olympic Champion and Assistant Coach U. of Iowa)

WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WorkOut-Boy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally posted by dez/null
    i reckon your chances are slim as getting a job as a personal trainer as you still have alot to learn and only 18

comeing from you workout boy?

meaning ?

digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Travis should be able to answer this one.

me train 4 years light 1.5 years hard
    you umm like 10 months?
    thus why i was asking if there were classes i could take? i need a job for school...i cant join the army due too the fact i only have 1 kidney sooo that kinda busts on my parade

me train 4 years light 1.5 years hard
    you umm like 10 months?
    thus why i was asking if there were classes i could take? i need a job for school...i cant join the army due too the fact i only have 1 kidney sooo that kinda busts on my parade
    ask yourself this question, if you was new to a gym would you pay want some 18 yearold kid that posts ridiculous pictures of himself on a public message board making him a complete laughing stock, help you ??

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it takes a decent amount of time to become a trainer because you have to get certified. a friend of mine just finished up his certification, and he had to spend a lot of time in each gym in our area just observing. im not sure what the point if that is but i think its required. and more often than not, you need more than one type of certification. i would say that it might be more realistic to try and be a trainer next summer because there just isnt enough time to finish certification by this summer. good luck

LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: How To Become A Personal Trainer?

I need a job for this summer i was wondering what are the needs to becomeing a personal trainer or if there is any books out there that could help me? I have a good understanding about how the body works and have read this article about it http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pertrain.htm
    Also where do i get quilified to becomeing a personal trainer.

Sorry bro, with that face.....j/k

Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There are a ton of certification programs out there.

I'm assuming you are in the states(I'm in Canada), most clubs require that you are certified with the American Council on Exercise(ACE). Apparently, it's a joke course that teaches horribly outdated information. The good courses are usually fairly difficult.

I recently completed my NSCA-CPT certification. I studied for about 2 weeks, a couple of hours a day, and passed. It was actually quite difficult, because of the amount of information I needed to know and the small amount of time I had to learn it(I procrastinated huge - big mistake). I really liked the course, it was expensive but I learned tonnes, lots of stuff I've always wanted to know. I can honestly say I had more trouble with it than I had with any of my courses in first year engineering.

If you're in Canadam you'll need the CanFitPro certification to work at most clubs. I plan on completing that in mid-June, after which I'll apply at a local club.

Getting a job might be a bit more difficult.

In summary, it's not as easy as saying "I workout, I guess I could be a PT for a summer job!". You'll have to plan ahead, learn a lot and bust ass to get where you want to be. I don't know how easy it is to get the ACE cert, but that might be all you need. (They will teach you crap information and you may become one of those loser PTs who walks his clients around the gym from machine to machine.)

Good luck bro, let me know what you decide!

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

You need to become certified. And that takes time, money, and patience. It doesn't pay well either..
    I agree with workout-boy. Wouldn't really want to pay an 18 year old with a limited amount of knowledge to help me out..
    No offense, but you are only 18 with little background..
    You should just try to work in a gym..

Muscles is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscles is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscles is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscles is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscles is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscles is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscles is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscles is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscles is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscles is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscles is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You only get $15 bucks a client. You have to rely on people. This isnt something where you get paid by the hour. Unless your the main head boss of personal training in the gym youre probably never going to see more than 20 bucks a client out of the 60-70 dollars the client pays. The main personal trainer i know at my gym gets 50 - 55 his employees only get 15 - 20 some get 25 but they have to do very well and be there a long time. You not only need a certification but you need to know CPR as well.
    Muscles

BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    maybe you can trick some dumbass into paying you (at the gym)

haha
    "Observe not that which is seen, but that which is not seen." -Dennis Nackord , Kenpo Karate System.

"No pain no ****in gain, GO PSYCHO U ****IN PUSSY, UP THAT ****IN WEIGHT, UP THEM REPS BITCH RAHH"

"I beleive that everything you do bad, comes back to you. So everything i do bad, im going to suffer for it.. But in my heart.. i beleive what i am doin is right.. So i feel like i am going to heaven" - Tupac Shakur June '96

gofer is just really nice. (+1000) gofer is just really nice. (+1000) gofer is just really nice. (+1000) gofer is just really nice. (+1000) gofer is just really nice. (+1000) gofer is just really nice. (+1000) gofer is just really nice. (+1000) gofer is just really nice. (+1000) gofer is just really nice. (+1000) gofer is just really nice. (+1000) gofer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any opinions of the NASM certification program?
    It's average time to complete is like 3 month's. It's supposed to be very thorough, I've talked to trainers who really liked it. I'm considering becoming certified myself. Hell it would be the same price as 5-10 training sessions, and then I can train myself( I'm self motivated), and have more job opportunity/credibility.
    MISTAKES: It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. -Author Unknown
    -------------
    gofer is a fictional character roleplaying, the player neither use's nor condones the use of steroids.

hummm good idea bodybuildingkid

KyokushinTiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Your chances of becoming a personal trainer will probably be better when your around 21... 18 is kinda young?? You can still study for your certification but finding employment at 18 will be difficult.. Here in Ontario, Canada I have'nt seen a personal trainer under 22, just to give you a idea.. The reasoning is you can have all the knowledge about working out and nutrition, but you also have to know how to interact with people of all backgrounds and problems.e.t.c it can be very tough on you if you don't have the mental maturity to handle it.. Thats why clubs/gyms like trainers to have some 'life experience' under there belts before they work for them.. Good Luck...

HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's expensive to take the test and classes on it. I'm looking foward to doing it later after I have a job(when i get done with college). Take a look at like ACSM(American College of Sports Medicine) in Cali.

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Assassinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Assassinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Assassinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Assassinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Assassinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Assassinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Assassinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Assassinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Assassinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Assassinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here in Israel at a few schools, you can choose physical sport and education as a MAJOR, i am starting it next year in the 11th grade and i will do it for 2 years, when i finish high school and pass and get a good mark in my major, i can become a personal trainer anywhere, as long as i got a certified cirtifacte that i did sport as a major i will be excepted anywhere at any gym in the country.

Working out and making myself look good with a bit of muscle will pay off, i mean, most personal trainers are not STICKS, they 're strong fit guys.

Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The American College of Sports Medicine is based in Indianapolis, Indiana, not California.

I'm from Ontario, Canada, am 19 years old and plan on applying as a personal trainer in a few months at a gym down the street. I know a few trainers in their early twenties, in fact one down the hall from me started when he was 21 or 22. I am calling later today to sign up for the Canada Fitness Professional certification, to secure my required certs. So I sure as hell hope that they don't mind a younger trainer. It's all about appearance, not experience or knowledge(ok that's an overstatement, but it's mostly about appearance and how you present yourself).

well could you recommend any book's i should read before hand?
    cause im thinking of takeing sports med also

There is a thread in the topic of the week on the best books for strength training, you can check that out if you want some semi-complicated but very good texts.

Thanks Buddy

HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Travis Stenersn
    The American College of Sports Medicine is based in Indianapolis, Indiana, not California.
    Ya i forgot, a guy i know is going out to cali for a acsm convention.

Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    and dez your really ugly so.....

bobo_007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobo_007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobo_007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobo_007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobo_007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobo_007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobo_007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobo_007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobo_007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobo_007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobo_007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

hmmm

give ppl poor advice? thats the quickest route to the lofty status of personl trainer

StackedFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Marketing yourself as a personal trainer!

Hey guys,

As many of you have found out, getting your certification is only one step towards successfully making fitness your profession. The hard part comes when it is actually time to build and maintain a clientele... that is, actually making money!

With this hardship in mind, my friend and I have started a website service to help personal trainers take their profession to the next level. We do this by increasing their exposure online and in their area, giving them professional business tools, and increasing their profit-making potential. And all our services are at NO cost to you!

When you sign up on our site - TrainerProfile.com - you get the following FREE of charge!

- A listing in our web-marketed trainer directory (advertised on Google, Facebook, Yahoo and more)
    - A professionally designed website with integrated webstore
    - Professionally designed business cards with your info on them
    - Free nutrition/ business/ fitness consulting with Trainer Profile
    - The ability to promote yourself at any of our ongoing national events
    - AND MORE!

Check out TrainerProfile.com and take your fitness venture to the next level... For Absolutely Nothing Out of Your Pocket!
    This is the art of bodybuilding, and your body is the canvas.

In this art, your hard work and dedication will follow you wherever you go.

Personalized Supplement Recommendations.
    www.MuscleBeast.com

LukeN.Good is just really nice. (+1000) LukeN.Good is just really nice. (+1000) LukeN.Good is just really nice. (+1000) LukeN.Good is just really nice. (+1000) LukeN.Good is just really nice. (+1000) LukeN.Good is just really nice. (+1000) LukeN.Good is just really nice. (+1000) LukeN.Good is just really nice. (+1000) LukeN.Good is just really nice. (+1000) LukeN.Good is just really nice. (+1000) LukeN.Good is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by StackedFitness View Post
    Hey guys,

As many of you have found out, getting your certification is only one step towards successfully making fitness your profession. The hard part comes when it is actually time to build and maintain a clientele... that is, actually making money!

With this hardship in mind, my friend and I have started a website service to help personal trainers take their profession to the next level. We do this by increasing their exposure online and in their area, giving them professional business tools, and increasing their profit-making potential. And all our services are at NO cost to you!

When you sign up on our site - TrainerProfile.com - you get the following FREE of charge!

- A listing in our web-marketed trainer directory (advertised on Google, Facebook, Yahoo and more)
    - A professionally designed website with integrated webstore
    - Professionally designed business cards with your info on them
    - Free nutrition/ business/ fitness consulting with Trainer Profile
    - The ability to promote yourself at any of our ongoing national events
    - AND MORE!

Check out TrainerProfile.com and take your fitness venture to the next level... For Absolutely Nothing Out of Your Pocket!
    So you decided to bump a 7 year old thread for the sake of personal advertisement?
    Waging war against misinformation!

OnMyWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnMyWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnMyWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnMyWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnMyWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnMyWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnMyWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnMyWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnMyWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnMyWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnMyWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LukeN.Good View Post
    So you decided to bump a 7 year old thread for the sake of personal advertisement?
    That's what it looks like haha
    Excuses don't make champions

Bulking to 220