Intergalactic GrandPoobah Black_Collar's Avatar
    Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Critique my diet anyone?

Hello all.
    Ive been doing some reasearch and have finnaly thrown together a mock diet.
    Im currently bulking and my stats are 6'1", and about 138 lb. Not sure on bf% but it's pretty low :S
    Depending on work schedule and such im not sure on times but each meal is 2.5-3 hours appart. Here we go.

Meal #1
    1 cup rolled oats
    1 cup 1% milk
    472 cals, F/11 C/73 P/19

Work out.

Meal #2
    This is a PWO shake but seeing as I havent be able to get my hands on the stats for a specific Whey isolate ill just have to leave it blank.

Meal #3
    100G grilled chicken breast
    100g Brown rice
    510 cals, F/6 C/71 P/38

Meal #4
    1 small can springwater tuna
    2 slices whole grain bread
    240 cals, F/3 C/24 P/29

Meal 5#
    150g grilled chicken breast
    6 brussel sprouts
    2 bunch's broccoli
    497 cals, F/8 C/48 P/71

Meal 6#
    1 small can of springwater tuna
    110 cals, F/1 C/0 P/24

Meal #7
    100G low fat CC
    2tsp splenda
    3tsp natty pb
    1/4 cup of 1% milk blended together and frozen (yum)
    210 cals, F/10 C/12 P/18

Total.
    2170 cals, F/41 C/253 P/203

Like I said before thats without the additional shake, if anyone could provide me with the stats on a Whey isolate It would be appreciated.
    Ill be doing HST whislt on this diet also if thats any help at all.
    Any coments and sugestions are greatly apreciated.

Black_Collar
    Self Certified Flexpert.

Brass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat more eat more eat more........ you need 2g protein per pound of bodyweight while bulking..... just slam the protein......

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    you do need to eat more, i think 2g per lb is a bit of overkill, you will be taking calories away from much needed carbs and fat then!
    go for 1-1.5g/lb of protein, 2-2.5g of carb and about 0.4-0.45g/lb of fat (even 0.5 could be acceptable)

Eat low-fat at your peril Max Protein's Avatar
    Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree, you don't need 2g per pound of bw, maybe 2g per kilo.
    Any excess protein the body doesn't need gets converted to fat or excreted. Also that amount of protein is harmful for the liver. Scientists and fellow bodybuilders recommend 1-1.6g per lb is a max. Experiment and see the amount which makes you grow quickest.
    I also wouldn't recommend digesting that many carbs in the late evening, when you're inactive.
    You gotta go through hell to get the body made in heaven.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us find ourselves looking up at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    ---
    Training 4 years...165lbs @ 6.5% bodyfat

Brass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok Ive said it before man this gets old......but hey we are all here to learn... 2g of protein per pound of bodyweight is not over kill...... to grow you have to over feed your body.... thats why its growing. Anyways I have 10yrs of experence under my belt and have tried alot of workouts and diets and talked to alot of people....I live in california lots of big fools in CALI they all eat alot alot alot alot 2g protein per pound and more..... 5000cal-10000cal... alot yeah they also are big too..... you have to eat big to be big and protein is #1 thats simple as it gets.....If you want to gain a 10lbs a yr than eat like my six yr old kid who slams 2,000cals a day but heck he is only 60lbs now if you are 200lb or want to be 200lb than eat....like it... and if you know how to do it right with carb cut off, fat carb seperation, and cardio your bodyfat gains will be minimal.....period....Ive seen it done it and had a whole lot of others do it with success so.....the proof is in the pudding... protein pudding that is.....

Intergalactic GrandPoobah Black_Collar's Avatar
    Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Black_Collar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the semi helpfull info so far guys :P
    Minus the shake im only at 1.4g per pound, so ill probably end up, if not over 2g per pound.
    Still, I realise the more I look at it I should probably try and get more in, I was thinking maybe switching the tuna sandwitch with tuna and 100g of spinnach fettuccini, (thats about 452cals, F/2 C/92 P/15) But it also seems kinda difficult to get more in durin the afternoon and not crank up the carbs.
    Any ideas?
    Self Certified Flexpert.

Eat low-fat at your peril Max Protein's Avatar
    Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Brass
    Ok Ive said it before man this gets old......but hey we are all here to learn... 2g of protein per pound of bodyweight is not over kill...... to grow you have to over feed your body.... thats why its growing. Anyways I have 10yrs of experence under my belt and have tried alot of workouts and diets and talked to alot of people....I live in california lots of big fools in CALI they all eat alot alot alot alot 2g protein per pound and more..... 5000cal-10000cal... alot yeah they also are big too..... you have to eat big to be big and protein is #1 thats simple as it gets.....If you want to gain a 10lbs a yr than eat like my six yr old kid who slams 2,000cals a day but heck he is only 60lbs now if you are 200lb or want to be 200lb than eat....like it... and if you know how to do it right with carb cut off, fat carb seperation, and cardio your bodyfat gains will be minimal.....period....Ive seen it done it and had a whole lot of others do it with success so.....the proof is in the pudding... protein pudding that is.....
    I'm sorry, I don't really understand gibberish.
    That's not a flame, that's just saying learn how to use punctuation so people can understand you better.
    You gotta go through hell to get the body made in heaven.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us find ourselves looking up at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    ---
    Training 4 years...165lbs @ 6.5% bodyfat