jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Getting tired of everything... :(

Lately I feel myself breaking down..mentally at least...I'm getting tired/fed up with having to "eat by the clock" and get 6 meals/day, and tracking every single calorie on fitday...and always making sure I have food ready, etc. I feel like I've become a slave to "eating clean" and the like. I don't know what it is, but I've been feeling a little down about it (not due to lack of progress because I'm doing fine) but I think its depressing me that everything is so regimented, my family is always telling me I'm ridiculous...ugh I don't know what it is. I think I have a fear now that if ever I stop being so regimented about things in the future that all my hard work will go to waste. Anyone else feel like this?

Guess Who? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guess Who? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guess Who? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guess Who? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guess Who? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guess Who? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guess Who? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guess Who? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guess Who? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guess Who? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guess Who? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Nuff Said!!

Everyone Feels Like that In this Iron Game. It Happens To Me Just Before I reach a New Plateau weither itz an extra set or Higher Weight, more definition in my physique. The time Is Now Where you have To push Harder Than You did Yesterday, two weeks ago, Last Month. Take it Like This If You slip Now Then all That push, sweat and Pain You put In Yesterday, two weeks ago and last month was a complete waste of time.

As for those who say that you're ridiculous embrace it, use that as fuel to burn with. Dont call them haters they're just jealous Fans. The Satisfaction of shutting some nay sayer up is soooooo sweet.

Now If Your body is breaking down due To overtraining and or injuries then do take a break, listen to your body. We all have that voice in our head that constantly tells us to take a day off next thing you know itz a week, etc, etc.

Dont stop Ma, You may be making small gains but there is to much to lose. Hope I helped somewhat
    When I Enter My Sanctuary (The Weight Room) Physically Itz The Closest I Get To GOD and With Every Clang, Bang, Push, and Drop Im Making a Joyful Noise Unto The LORD. Beware Of The Fury Of a Patient Nukka!!

*IRON DECIPLEZ*
    Itz All About Blood, Sweat and Deadliftz So What Are You Doing?

Peanut Butter Hiatus lollerskatez's Avatar
    lollerskatez is on a distinguished road. (+10) lollerskatez is on a distinguished road. (+10) lollerskatez is on a distinguished road. (+10) lollerskatez is on a distinguished road. (+10) lollerskatez is on a distinguished road. (+10) lollerskatez is on a distinguished road. (+10) lollerskatez is on a distinguished road. (+10) lollerskatez is on a distinguished road. (+10) lollerskatez is on a distinguished road. (+10) lollerskatez is on a distinguished road. (+10) lollerskatez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i feel the same way. sometimes its so hard to really eat so regimented and clean. i feel like i can't enjoy something i used to love so much. but it's worth it, look at yourself!

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hear ya! I've been doing it for years. Here's an idea for ya, this is what I do, one day a week I don't track ANYTHING. I give myself an entire free day to eat what I want, when I want, and without even thinking about how many calories I'm eating, if I'm getting enough protein, if I'm drinking enough water, if I'm getting all my meals in, yadda, yadda, yadda. That's all I need to do, and then I can stick to my regimented diet plan the other 6 days. One day a week gives me just enough of a break mentally and psychologically.

And like was already mentioned, also just look in the mirror and remind yourself that it's worth it!

Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Guess Who? View Post
    It Happens To Me Just Before I reach a New Plateau weither itz an extra set or Higher Weight, more definition in my physique. The time Is Now Where you have To push Harder Than You did Yesterday
    x2
    I have found that my hardest times have been right before a breakthrough. Sometimes this is physical other times mentally (focus/intensity/refinement of goals). When I start to feel this way I turn it around in my head and remind myself that the hard spell means extra awesome times are close at hand!

Another thing to consider, I can sometimes track a blue day as hormonal.

Also re-reading your goals, looking at inspiration pics, or even just reminding yourself of the improvements you've made can re-boost your perspective. oooh and shake up your routine, change your diet, drag a friend to the gym and laugh your session alway. All good boosters!

Good luck!
    Food for 5 years, a 1000 gallons of gas, air filtration, water filtration, geiger counter, bomb shelter,... underground goddamn monsters
    ----------

Consistently maintain forward momentum. Be clear in your goals. It is easier to work in line with your goals than against them. 50kg (110lbs) lost to date. :)

Registered (ab)user dillingerescp's Avatar
    dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jg_girl088 View Post
    Lately I feel myself breaking down..mentally at least...I'm getting tired/fed up with having to "eat by the clock" and get 6 meals/day, and tracking every single calorie on fitday...and always making sure I have food ready, etc. I feel like I've become a slave to "eating clean" and the like. I don't know what it is, but I've been feeling a little down about it (not due to lack of progress because I'm doing fine) but I think its depressing me that everything is so regimented, my family is always telling me I'm ridiculous...ugh I don't know what it is. I think I have a fear now that if ever I stop being so regimented about things in the future that all my hard work will go to waste. Anyone else feel like this?
    Definitely.
    I just set my diet a little differently every 2 weeks and try and get as used to it as quickly as I can, this way I dont need to think about it much.

and 1 or 2 days a month, usually on saturday, Ill reserve for a good cheat meal or 2... You should actually try it, it definitely helps keep you SANE.
    "Friends come and go, but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds."

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, to be honest, no. I never installed the regime you describe because it isn't necessary... (so sue me for saying it!)
    When I started out I defined my goals as "signifficantly improve physical performance", "gain a satisfactory physique", "have loads of fun doing it". I also defined that "I will not compete in a bb-ing/fitness event". That said, I sometimes race (running, mountain biking), and do loads of fun activities on the side (swimming, skiing, snowboarding).
    Admittedly my progress has been slower, but I have more fun doing it.

Also, whenever I start feeling like 1 bad meal will kill me, I pause everything, and go on a Week of Cheat. After a week of unclean eating and no exercise, I come out just about the same as before, and it re-tunes my brain out of the obsession.

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like you are a little burned out on record keeping. You could try a simple daily menu with exchanges of protein,carbs and fats and then with only one piece of paper in hand you can pick and choose what you want to eat according to the structure of the menu. A unrecorded free day of whatever you want within reason is good every week.

That might free you up to do other things you like that will give you some diversion and interest such as a hobby so you don`t get the recording the diet burn out syndrome.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree a lot with turbulentfluid. Through your tracking over the past while, you've learned how to eat. You know how to choose foods that don't work agianst your goals. You know what a serving size looks like.

If you don't have any really specific/strict goals (getting ready to compete) or need it for troubleshooting purposes (can't figure out why you aren't reaching your goals), there shouldn't be much of a need to track every little thing you eat after a while. I always eat the same kinda stuff and have a pretty good idea of how much I'm consuming. Every so often I'll track what I'm eating just to make sure I haven't gotten off track so far as calories and macros go because as time goes by sometimes I'll loosen up a bit too much, either getting lazy and eating too much or getting lazy and eating too little...and sometimes I need a bit of a smack in the face when I forget that all those breve lattes (or whatever) add up, but I don't record everything every day.

jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your thoughts! I'm feeling a bit better today though I think I am kinda getting burned out on the recording! I like the idea of a free day within reason once a week. I think I need to try that so I dont drive myself up a wall. Also I do pretty much know what to eat now, I just have an obsessive habit of recording and worship the "fitday god" lol. I was even starting to get compulsive about not only macros but minerals/vitamins like calcium, zinc...etc. My problem is that I tend to be obsessive/compulsive in everything, so I guess this is the case. I will try to loosen up a bit and see how it works. I'm also currently doing a very low carb diet thing now so maybe the lack of carbs is depressing me...lol I'm lacking in seratonin or something.

BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    ...I just have an obsessive habit of recording and worship the "fitday god" lol. I was even starting to get compulsive about not only macros but minerals/vitamins like calcium, zinc...etc. My problem is that I tend to be obsessive/compulsive in everything, so I guess this is the case...
    Heh, sounds like me! I think that to a certain extent, it's what makes us bodybuilders, I think that we all have a certain amount of obsessive/compulsive tendencies cause let's face it, we almost HAVE to in order to attain that "perfect" physique we're looking for!

That said, I like some of the ideas that were given to you, like since you HAVE been eating well for a while, and you mentioned that your progress is good, then you can probably get away with not actually tracking everything. Also, if you create a set meal plan, another idea I liked, then you don't have to track it either. I'm on a set meal plan but I'm STILL tracking it in fitday, heh. I don't mind though, I actually LIKE being that way, it makes me feel better being able to see "on paper" so-to-speak, that I'm doing well. It's kinda like a reward system for me. But at the same time I do have those times when I get sick of tracking everything and being so regimented and I think my once a week do whatever I want day serves to give me enough of a break from it. Plus if we go on any vacations, like home to visit my family for a week, that gives me a break too. I also give myself breaks around holidays like Thanksgiving, New Year's, Christmas, Halloween, etc. I figure if I can stay strict and regimented all the other days of the year, then I can AFFORD to eat what I want on the holidays and heck, that's half of WHY I do what I do, so that I CAN get away with pigging out on holidays and have people looking at me wondering how I can eat like that and look the way I do, bwahahaha! Then I usually end up telling them why, heh. But yeah, the holidays basically serve as my breaks and rewards for being so regimented all the other days of the year.

runNwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runNwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runNwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runNwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runNwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runNwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runNwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runNwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runNwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runNwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i caught this one a little late, but everybody said pretty much what i would've said... how are things? are you feeling any better?

Originally Posted by runNwild View Post
    i caught this one a little late, but everybody said pretty much what i would've said... how are things? are you feeling any better?
    Well, I think Ive just been driving myself crazy with all the strictness and logging on fitday. I'm kinda leaning towards dumping fitday now...but Im still kinda fed up with eating 6 times a day...I feel like I cannot go anywhere thats too far from clean food because I *must* eat every 3 hours and I would have to pre make and pack food and sit in the car while my friends/family go eat in a restuarant.

I went to eat out with my family last night and I was seriously going to cry. I hardly ate anything because the waiter looked at me like I was a crazy idiot when i asked for the damn fish to be grilled with no oils or butter (dry) and she was like well they put the butter and oils in the pan/grill so we cant do that theres going to be some on there. So I basically got a salad with no dressing on it and ate about 2-3 ozs of fish. (and obviously was still hungry...it also wasn't my cheat day, I had one yesterday so I couldnt make it a cheat meal... :/)

I'm just so sick of looking like an idiot or weirdo and I dont actualy know anyone else in real life that eats clean 6x a day too maybe thats why I feel singled out all the time. I just wish there was an easier way to incorporate this into life, or that society would accept people who actually eat healthy (as opposed to ones that *think* they do but don't.)
    ughh..sorry for the rant!

Well, I think Ive just been driving myself crazy with all the strictness and logging on fitday. I'm kinda leaning towards dumping fitday now...but Im still kinda fed up with eating 6 times a day...I feel like I cannot go anywhere thats too far from clean food because I *must* eat every 3 hours and I would have to pre make and pack food and sit in the car while my friends/family go eat in a restuarant.

I went to eat out with my family last night and I was seriously going to cry. I hardly ate anything because the waiter looked at me like I was a crazy idiot when i asked for the damn fish to be grilled with no oils or butter (dry) and she was like well they put the butter and oils in the pan/grill so we cant do that theres going to be some on there. So I basically got a salad with no dressing on it and ate about 2-3 ozs of fish. (and obviously was still hungry...it also wasn't my cheat day, I had one yesterday so I couldnt make it a cheat meal... :/)

I'm just so sick of looking like an idiot or weirdo and I dont actualy know anyone else in real life that eats clean 6x a day too maybe thats why I feel singled out all the time. I just wish there was an easier way to incorporate this into life, or that society would accept people who actually eat healthy (as opposed to ones that *think* they do but don't.)
    ughh..sorry for the rant!
    Yep, I feel ya, that's why bodybuilding is a LONELY sport, it's a socially isolating sport, no doubt about that. I just do my best to plan my cheat days/meals around events so that I can indulge with my family or friends, and if I mess up, oh well, I'm in this for life so I know I have plenty of time to get back on track, not like I'm preparing for a comp or anything. Plus, for me, I guess it helps that we have no family here (we're a military family) and I have no social life other than going to the skating rink twice a week (cause I'm a stay-at-home mom and never get out, heh). Other than that it also one reason why I hang out on here, to be with others who can relate.
    Last edited by BuffedWildCat; 06-24-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Add additional info.

Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To the OP, I hear ya! It can get very tedious to do what we do, even though we choose to do it!

On one hand, you are wanting to be as healthy and regimine as possible, watching everything thing you consume- lean meats, veggies, healthy, whole carbs, etc. but on the other hand, when you DO cheat, it is never as "fun" as you dream it would be. I get stuffed so easily and spend the rest of the afternoon/ evening feeling bloated, large and uncomfortable. And that is only if you have a LITTLE of a cheat!

It's like you are damned if you do but damned if you don't!

Guess it is the price to pay for living the lifestyle we live, huh?
    Hang in there- you will get through it!
    "Live. Laugh. Love. Repeat."

kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i can totally relate to how you are feeling b/c i have been there before. i was so regimented and scheduled that it took the fun out of life. once that thinking pattern starts its tough to break. one of the things that helped me was the intuitive eating book. so lately i have been working on listening to my body and it tells me when to eat. it takes some getting used to b/c i was so time obsessed but by just doing that i was so much happier. i also stopped tracking all of my macros. i focused more on total cals by the end of the day and just made sure that most of my meals had protein in it. you can't be perfect all the time and this is what your trying to be. i have struggling with binge eating and the perfectionism is what gets me there. when i fall back into being so strict i usually end up binging at months end. since i have started relaxing a little i am much happier and enjoy things more. when i was so regimented i didn't want to go out with friends b/c i had to bring so much food and worry about what i was going to eat all the time. i don't really eat junk but when my body craves something i'm learning to eat some junk. i'm in maintanance right now so i don't have to be so regimented and i'm not competing any time soon so i don't have to worry about that. mabe you need a break from diet and exercise for a while to remotivate yourself. also, i try to focus on health and not weight. being healthy is way more important than what the scale says. good luck

Registered User misstransformer's Avatar
    misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey JG, do you have a free day, where you just chill, within reason, and relax from all the meal planning and training? I've already decided, I will NOT allow this to become a compulsive and obsessive lifestyle. I've been on the other end of the spectrum, and whether the compulsion results in a good or bad appearance, it's not cool.

Don't get me wrong, you should work your butt of, keep track of your progress, hit it hard in the gym, and tweak the heck out of nutrition when needed. But having one day a week, or at least half a day, where you let your hair down, and just say HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW...can make a world of difference. It might help if you look at this as a lifestyle change, instead of a numbers and charting routine.

Ironically, breaking the routine every now and then, can work to your advantage, as it keeps the body guessing. I'm learning that with a little common sense, and correct education, anyone can learn how to eat and train correctly. It's NOT rocket science, but there has to be a balance.

thanks again everyone! Yeah I have decided that need at least 1 day to relax and not stress about stuff. I'm working on stopping my obsession with everything - its horrible how often I think about food/working out/body composition in general. I have been planing on getting a body comp test done tomorrow since its being offered for only $1 at my gym, I think I may still do it but I'm not going to obsess about it. Its not like Im preparing for a competition and I'm not/never was obese or even chubby. (I have to keep reminding myself that...granted I used to weigh about 125-130 at my highest earlier this year, and my goal was originally to just maintain under 120). So I think I need a little "break" from being so strict and try to enjoy my life a little more...lol

musclar smurfette Sunshineslynn's Avatar
    Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree with Amanda and Turbulent.....after a while you get to know your serving sizes. The only time I dont eat with my family at a restruant is when I am competing and they know not to complain. Otherwise I have become to know what I can eat and know how much. It stresses me out to do so much tracking when I already know what the heck I am eating. On the weekends I just make sure I make the right choices. If we go to a restruant I look for steamed veggies and the leanest meat they have. Its about lifestyle changes eating in moderation and learning what foods react well with your body.

I know sometimes I dont track hardly anything, weight, measurements or reps and sets. I let me relax for awhile and then I am back into the whole scheme of things. YOu have to live life and not let life pass you by as your trying to count everything. In the beginning its a must have to track everything so you learn what is good and bad.
    "You can't take some pill and hope your fat will jump off of you like you have the plague. You must work out and eat clean to have a lean, green, fighting machine." Sunshineslynn

'If you always do what you always did, then you will always get what you always do'

I dip, you dip, we all dip....dip to the east, dip to the west ......dip to get that tricep.

BigHulkHogan is not very helpful. (-500) BigHulkHogan is not very helpful. (-500) BigHulkHogan is not very helpful. (-500) BigHulkHogan is not very helpful. (-500) BigHulkHogan is not very helpful. (-500) BigHulkHogan is not very helpful. (-500) BigHulkHogan is not very helpful. (-500) BigHulkHogan is not very helpful. (-500) BigHulkHogan is not very helpful. (-500) BigHulkHogan is not very helpful. (-500) BigHulkHogan is not very helpful. (-500)
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your thoughts! I'm feeling a bit better today though I think I am kinda getting burned out on the recording! I like the idea of a free day within reason once a week. I think I need to try that so I dont drive myself up a wall. Also I do pretty much know what to eat now, I just have an obsessive habit of recording and worship the "fitday god" lol. I was even starting to get compulsive about not only macros but minerals/vitamins like calcium, zinc...etc. My problem is that I tend to be obsessive/compulsive in everything, so I guess this is the case. I will try to loosen up a bit and see how it works. I'm also currently doing a very low carb diet thing now so maybe the lack of carbs is depressing me...lol I'm lacking in seratonin or something.
    Dont feel alone, im in the same boat.

I get my periods of depression and anxiety, and just plain feelin like ****.
    Although my problem wasn't with my diet, it was issues in my life that I wasn't dealing with.

I was putting 80hours a week doing midnight shifts, and I was so burnt out and got into this routine....I never got out and had fun or did ANYTHING really. All I did was work and eat...little time to workout either!!!!
    I had a truck I was trying to fix, but didnt have time to work on it....and it was just EATING at me....
    I finally just requested for a few days off to take a break from everything.

Usually depression,etc can be caused by stress or something else too, not just eating habbits.
    Im alittle obbessive/compulsive when I get stressed too.....sometimes you gotta take a break and brake habbits temporarily and just RELAX sometimes.

It doesnt hurt to take a day off sometimes and go out for a few drinks, or have alittle cheat food and relax and enjoy life sometimes....
    Last edited by BigHulkHogan; 06-26-2007 at 04:26 AM.
    "Yea....That's what SHE SAID!!!"

"In the wild, there is no healthcare. In the wild healthcare is 'Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me, and I'm dead.' Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead."

"Obama can eat **** and die for all I care! He's just a black Hitler in disguise...and americans IQ level just dropped for electing him!"

Don't give me evils! SumthinOrNuthin's Avatar
    SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks again everyone! Yeah I have decided that need at least 1 day to relax and not stress about stuff. I'm working on stopping my obsession with everything - its horrible how often I think about food/working out/body composition in general. I have been planing on getting a body comp test done tomorrow since its being offered for only $1 at my gym, I think I may still do it but I'm not going to obsess about it. Its not like Im preparing for a competition and I'm not/never was obese or even chubby. (I have to keep reminding myself that...granted I used to weigh about 125-130 at my highest earlier this year, and my goal was originally to just maintain under 120). So I think I need a little "break" from being so strict and try to enjoy my life a little more...lol
    Oh gosh, right now I'm relating to absolutely everything you've said. I've been here before - its the point where we have to suck it up, or fall off the wagon in a big way. Right now, my workouts are interrupted and like you, i'm sick of my own obsessive recording of every microscopic morsel of food and drink. At first it comforted me but now its stressing me out.

I'm taking everyone's advice and this week, I'm kicking back. My workouts are interrupted anyway and I'm not going near Fitday - just eating what I feel I need when I feel I need it. When we get into this negative midset its so easy to lose sight of what we've already achieved. I posted a big whiney rant on the over 35 board and just picking up peoples' responses there and here is helping me to get a grip on myself.

Good luck with finding your way through this. I know we can both turn the positivity back on with a little reality check
    Brian! Who are all those people outside?
    I don't know mother, they just .... popped by.
    Popped by?! Swarmed by more like!

yeah...everything is just driving me crazy. im sick of fitday, im sick of measuring food, and now i dont even know what portion sizes I used to eat or anything. Im sick of feeling abnormal with my eating habits. I'm pretty sure I have some sort of emotional eating problem going on right now, as i am obsessed/addicted to food...and its depressing me, although I think I definitely do have some sort of depression right now, I really need to get it checked out...I'm totally lost on what to do. I gave up logging things on fitday and now Im just going CRAZY with food, I feel like I have just been let out of a cage that Ive been in for the past 3 months and now its time to binge like crazy. Yeserday I was horribly hungry for everything..today I am not even hungry yet Im still binging..food is all I can think about now, I binge and then get depressed..then binge again, and it is repeated. I dont even know what to do with myself anymore...

Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh gosh, I am so sorry you're going through that right now. I had a minor episode like that last night but I may be able to attribute that to "that time of the month". However, I'd lie if I didn't feel like that at least once a week... and then it always takes me to force myself to get back into it. Today, it's a "MUST DO THIS" but I think once I'm in the gym tonight I'll back to ok.

I can totally sympathize. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing this for.. why go through all the trouble?? Are they just shallow reasons? Are other people happier than I? Are people bugged out by my obsession? Is it an obsession? What is wrong with me?!?!?

And then I get into a dress on a friday night and I dominate the room... you know what I mean? When everyone looks at you in awe? I dont know... I feel a million bucks when I do that.

I think that's worth it.

Maybe you need a break. Give yourself a whole week off and then return. I've done that with every intention of going back on a specific day.. it's much easier then and you'll feel refreshed.

Originally Posted by Snowfly View Post
    Oh gosh, I am so sorry you're going through that right now. I had a minor episode like that last night but I may be able to attribute that to "that time of the month". However, I'd lie if I didn't feel like that at least once a week... and then it always takes me to force myself to get back into it. Today, it's a "MUST DO THIS" but I think once I'm in the gym tonight I'll back to ok.

I can totally sympathize. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing this for.. why go through all the trouble?? Are they just shallow reasons? Are other people happier than I? Are people bugged out by my obsession? Is it an obsession? What is wrong with me?!?!?

And then I get into a dress on a friday night and I dominate the room... you know what I mean? When everyone looks at you in awe? I dont know... I feel a million bucks when I do that.

I think that's worth it.

Maybe you need a break. Give yourself a whole week off and then return. I've done that with every intention of going back on a specific day.. it's much easier then and you'll feel refreshed.
    Thanks so much, yeah I think I get like this every few months because I need a change. I have been looking back at the past few years, and it seems I have been in need of a change every few months because I tend to do the same things over and over and over again. Like in this case it was eat the same food, do the same workouts, and just obssess about everything. I really hate it but I must admit to myself that I over obsess about everything and I know its my obsessive/compulsive personality and my constant desire for complete perfection. Even when i ran cross country in highschool id obsess over doing too many miles a week and ended up injuring my ankle really badly one summer because I was running 55-60 miles a week all on roads, and it was so bad of an injury that I couldnt run for almost a full year (11 months I think it was). I think OCD is a real serious disease lol...because the more I look back in the past the more I find I suffer from it.

I'm afraid I'm going to spend my entire life just trying to find the happy medium in everything...

I'd also just like to thank everyone who responded to me in this thread, thanks to everyone on this website!!! Sometimes talking about these problems Im having on here really makes me feel better, since a lot of people on here can relate. phew...im just going to have try my best to take it easy for a while..lol.

SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm like BC, I have one day a week that I dont record a thing--I call it
    Fatty Satty (Saturday) and another guy at the gym calls his day "Fat Free Fridays." It gives me what I need and allows me to eat out with the family, etc.

I get down on it too....esp after the beef and rice meals :lol
    You know if it were easy, EVERYONE would be doing it. www.shapeupwithsuzie.com

Proud Team Bombshell Member

Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know its my obsessive/compulsive personality and my constant desire for complete perfection.

-----------------------

I think people who take this working out thing as seriously as most of us on this board do all suffer from obsessive / compulsive personality 'disorder'. Honestly I do. But at some point its natural to burn out.

And then we just beat ourselves up over that... I know the feeling.

it's a cycle.