View Poll Results: Is almond butter worth the price?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah

20 76.92%
  • Nope

6 23.08%
    OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000)

Is almond butter worth the price?

At my Krogers, almond butter is $6.99 and nati PB is only $1.70. That means that almond butter is around 3X the price of PB. Both jars are 16oz. Are the benefits of almond butter over peanut butter worth it?
    Last edited by OhioUstud; 08-31-2004 at 10:49 PM.

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    in australia, i can get natty PB for $3 a jar, almond butter is $6 a jar (you get less) and i think its worth it
    also i can opt for organic PB for $5 a jar, its really good though and you get alot

Eyes Open has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eyes Open has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Almonds are rich sources of nutrients and essential fatty acids that are not found in peanuts.

Almond butter is expensive only because it's not as popular as PB.

If you can swing it, buy it in bulk at your local popular health food supermarket. That is usually the cheapest way to get it anywhere and you can buy however much or little you like because it's sold by weight and you can spoon it into one of those small plastic tubs or even a plastic bag.

Good luck!
    One way to become enthusiastic is to look for the plus sign. To make progress in any difficult situation, you have to start with what's right about it and build on that.
    --Norman Vincent Peale

sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally posted by Eyes Open
    Almonds are rich sources of nutrients and essential fatty acids that are not found in peanuts.

Almond butter is expensive only because it's not as popular as PB.

If you can swing it, buy it in bulk at your local popular health food supermarket. That is usually the cheapest way to get it anywhere and you can buy however much or little you like because it's sold by weight and you can spoon it into one of those small plastic tubs or even a plastic bag.

Good luck!
    Well said

Eyes Open has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eyes Open has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by sawastea Well said
    Coming from you, that means a lot! Thanks!
    One way to become enthusiastic is to look for the plus sign. To make progress in any difficult situation, you have to start with what's right about it and build on that.
    --Norman Vincent Peale

budddavid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) budddavid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) budddavid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) budddavid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) budddavid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) budddavid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) budddavid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) budddavid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) budddavid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) budddavid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) budddavid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it really isn't too expensive if you make it yourself. I just buy a bunch of almonds and throw them in my blender and make my own.

mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ..I love almond butter..I usually rotate nuts (almond, peanut, walnut). what you can do is always make your own..lots of recipes out there...just buy the kind of nuts you like and make your own.
    Motivation + Goals + Circumstance = Success