Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
    I am afraid of bodyfat math.

I am also now a firm believer in what you said, based on my own experience. My scale weight has only gone down marginally or not at all during keto, but my lifts are going up and my waist size is going down. I don't know any other way to explain it.

-PP
    Yeah there you go...I have gone up in most lifts while losing 7 inches off my waist!!! Most people would have to lose a lot more then 14 lbs to see that kind of a decrease in fat!!

It should be about health phabphour20's Avatar
    phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Official weigh-in day...

Weight: 285 pounds (-3 lbs, -1.04%) Waist: 48.2 inchese (-0.2 inches, -0.4%)

Successful weigh-in day. I thought the waist would drop a bit more, but that measurement shifts so much from day to day (I measure daily and it moves as much as an inch a day), I think the general bi-weekly or even monthly trend is more important. I lost three pounds from last week's weigh-in. Right in line with my goals of 1% of body weight or 2-3 pounds per week. Good progress towards my short-term September 4th goal of 275 or less.

I feel lazy now that I didn't go to the gym yesterday. My knee is still balky though, so it was the right thing to do. I am playing tennis with a colleague tonight, so we'll see how it goes. Tomorrow is my fiance's company's summer party, so I won't get into the gym tomorrow night. Maybe I can get to bed early enough tonight to get my ass up at 5 tomorrow and hit the weights before work. Maybe.

Last night I had turkey taco salad and took it easy. I felt lazy as I said, but kept the diet in check, so I should be fine for a day without exercise.

I hope to be at 283 next Tuesday. I am going to work very hard Thursday through Tuesday, especially if I miss the gym for three days in a row.

Progress is the name of the game and I think I am officially making it again.

On the date that I get married, in September of 2008, I will be in the best shape of my life.

-PP
    I just want to be healthy.

phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, my tennis partner bailed for tonight, so I am going to go bust my ass at the gym. Chest, triceps and shoulders. My favorite lifting day. I am going to go hard and then pound down a protein shake before attempting some cardio.

I also found out the work party thing isn't until Thursday, so tomorrow night I am playing tennis with the guy my age (the very competitive, actual exercise version of tennis) and Thursday night will be the party.

Here is my modified plan for the rest of the week now...

Tonight: Chest, triceps and shoulders, cardio
    Wednesday night: Tennis, excellent workout
    Thursday am (5:00, if I can get myself up): Biceps and back
    Thursday pm: Work BBQ, try to eat right and AVOID ALL ALCOHOL
    Friday pm: Legs and abs if knee feels up to it, followed by carbup/cheat meal
    Saturday am: Lifting and cardio, maybe tennis in the afternoon
    Sunday am: Lifting and Cardio
    Monday pm: Tennis w/ other colleague (less rigorous, basically off day)

The other issue is that Saturday my fiance is looking to maybe have some of her friends over for drinks... argh. Maybe I will have to shift the carbup to Saturday night. We'll see. I have a feeling that I will need to really stay away from the alcohol for 2 of the 3 nights this week/weekend if I am to have any success...

Have to keep my goal in mind this weekend when I am tempted by good food and free booze: I am going to be in the best shape of my life for my wedding in September of 2008.

-PP

OK, I had to skip cardio. My knee was feeling weird. It keeps half-locking up on me. It is freaking me out a bit and I may have to see a doctor at some point.

That being said, I did get to the gym and lifted hard. Chest, triceps and shoulders. 3 exercises for each bodypart, 3 sets per exercise, from 6-10 reps per set. I upped a few lifts by a few pounds. Felt good lifting. Felt bad about not doing cardio, but I am going to play some competitive tennis tonight (please let my knee hold up). I am holding out hope that maybe the elliptical machine is what is hurting my knee and I will be OK playing tennis. We'll see.

Ate well last night, if maybe a few too many calories. Had some tuna in mayo for dinner, but I was still hungry afterward so I ate some cheese and peanut butter. Today I am keeping it clean keto as usual.

I am really hoping for a two pound loss this week to help me reach my mini-goal, but who knows what will happen with less cardio then I originally planned for.

In September of 2008, I will be in the best shape of my life. I will also get married.

-PP

Derailed.

Well, I got derailed in two ways. First, I ate poorly and missed a bunch of gym sessions over the past few days. Second, my work blocked this site (probably because of me). So, posts will be fewer and farther between, probably only on Tuesday for official weigh-in and measurements before I leave for work.

I need to get back on the train tomorrow.

-PP

Officially ending this thread.

Now I remember why keto is tough for me. It is all or nothing.

When I fall off, I fall off hard. Which I did. I put on 16 pounds in 6 weeks. I'm sure some of it is water, but most of it is fat.

I am going to take a more balanced 40-30-30 appraoch with healthy foods going forward. Got back in the gym last night.

Going to be ready in September '08.

-PP

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Officially ending this thread.

Now I remember why keto is tough for me. It is all or nothing.

When I fall off, I fall off hard. Which I did. I put on 16 pounds in 6 weeks. I'm sure some of it is water, but most of it is fat.

I am going to take a more balanced 40-30-30 appraoch with healthy foods going forward. Got back in the gym last night.

Going to be ready in September '08.

-PP
    Well if ya need any help bro just shout!! Good luck to ya!!

Smile

Originally Posted by gymratluke View Post
    Well if ya need any help bro just shout!! Good luck to ya!!
    Thanks buddy!

Also, to continue following the exploits of PP on his weight loss odyssey, click here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4496953

Shhhh...

I started eating keto again today... don't tell anybody.

It just worked better for me...

-PP

I started eating keto again today... don't tell anybody.

It just worked better for me...

-PP
    So back to this journal now or what?!

So back to this journal now or what?!
    Hmmm.. good question. I guess that would make sense. We'll see how it goes...

-PP

Rededication. No More Effin Around.

OK, back to this journal for good. I am officially re-opening it.

Today I am eating keto. This morning my weight was 303 pounds. I forgot to measure my waist, but I will get that going as well. Tuesday is my official weigh-in day, just like before.

My day will look something like this today...

Meal 1: 3 fried eggs and a small sausage patty, fish oils, multi
    Meal 2: 3 hard-boiled eggs
    Meal 3: Raw broccoli and cauliflower, blue cheese dressing, an egg, feta or cheddar cheese
    Meal 4: 1/2 chicken breast and cheddar cheese, fish oils, multi
    Meal 5: 1/2 chicken breast and cheddar cheese
    Meal 6: Lean protein and veggie, fish oils

I drink a lot of water and a LOT of green tea (at least 4 cups a day).

Meeting a friend out tonight, so I am not going to make it to the gym today. Tomorrow I will get back into the gym with a vengeance. Biceps and back. My abs and legs are still sore from Sunday.

This is it. My wedding is 367 days away. I want to be in the best shape of my life on that day to begin the rest of my life. I don't think it gets any easier when you have kids or advance in your career. The time is now. I know weight isn't the end-all and be-all, which is why I am measuring my waist as well, but I think I will look damn good at 200 pounds. So, I have 103 pounds of fat to lose in 12 months, or almost exactly 2 pounds a week.

I think it can be done.

Who's with me?!?

I think it can be done.

Who's with me?!?
    Apparently no one... lol.

Anyway, ate like a keto champ yesterday. Had one glass of red wine when I went out to a bar with a co-worker. Didn't get to the gym, but I am going to go today.

Keto eating again today, very similar to yesterday. I am not going to carb up until Saturday, September 29th when I have a big party to go to where I will want to drink, a lot. These 11 days of strict keto should get me back into it pretty good.

I feel like I got the motivation and desire back.

I am going to make it happen.

-PP

Apparently no one... lol.

Anyway, ate like a keto champ yesterday. Had one glass of red wine when I went out to a bar with a co-worker. Didn't get to the gym, but I am going to go today.

Keto eating again today, very similar to yesterday. I am not going to carb up until Saturday, September 29th when I have a big party to go to where I will want to drink, a lot. These 11 days of strict keto should get me back into it pretty good.

I feel like I got the motivation and desire back.

I am going to make it happen.

-PP
    I'm with ya!! Just been on vacation

I'm with ya!! Just been on vacation
    Awesome! Thanks Luke.

Yesterday was goooood. Oh man, I remember how much I love keto now.

I ate great all day, eggs, broccoli, chicken, cheese, more cheese, natty peanut butter and then for dinner, my favorite, turkey taco salad. Ground turkey seasoned with taco seasoning, over some lettuce with sour cream, a little natural salsa and some cheese. Delicious.

I also made it to the gym last night. Biceps and back. Felt good. And I am not too sore today, which is nice. Now that I have done my splits once through, the soreness won't be nearly as bad. Although I kind of like it. It is a constant reminder of what I am trying to do.

Today I am going to eat a wonderful keto diet and I think by tonight I should be into ketosis. 3 full days should do it. I already had 3 eggs and a small sausage patty for meal #1 and my fish oils and multivitamin. I am now enjoying a cup of green tea while I "work."

I think I'll probably drop a lot of weigh this week, mostly water. Hopefully 4 or 5 pounds worth. It will make me feel a little better about how much weight I put on since I stopped eating right and working out.

Today is my negative 1 year wedding anniversary. 365 days to get this done. 103 pounds. Can it be done? Yes it can. I am going to prove it.

-PP

Hello.

Yesterday was a good day. I ate perfect keto all day. My ratios are right about 58-59% fat, 39-40 protein and 2-3 carbs. I tested using some old ketostix and they turned a light pink. Perfect. Showing ketosis, but still hydrated.

Ate at a work event last night with catered food and passed hours hors d'oeuvres. There was delicious meat on a stick, shrimp, cheese and some beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce. I thought it would be difficult to stick to keto. It wasn't. Just had to avoid things on toasts and phyllo dough and the dinner rolls and mini-sandwiches and rice and crap like that. Piece of cake.

Feeling good. I have to go into the big city for work this afternoon, but I am going to try and get home by 7 or so to hit up the gym. I want to do chest, triceps and shoulders. Then I am going to go out to dinner with my fiancee, and keep it keto. I may have a glass of red wine or two, but I am going to order a salad and keep the carbs out of it. Usually I have a cheat meal on Friday night when we go out (my 1 for the week), but I have only been into this for 4 or 5 days and I am having a big party next weekend. I am going to want to drink a lot and eat carbs then, so I am holding out for another week.

364 days to lose 103 pounds now.

-PP

Good morning everybody. I guess I didn't get on here yesterday. So I will start with Friday...

On Friday I ate like a champion. Perfect keto. About 60-36-4. After work, I went to the gym and lifted like it was my job. Chest (bench, incline press, flys), Triceps (rope and bar pulldowns, dips), and Shoulders (lateral raises and shoulder press). Felt good. Not that sore yesterday, but when I pushed on the muscles, I could tell that I had worked them hard.

After the gym I went out to dinner with my fiance. I had a Cobb salad. I love Cobb salads. Greens with chicken, a little bacon, egg and cheese. Delicious and keto-friendly. I had two glasses of red wine. This doesn't kick me out of ketosis, but probably may slow fat loss a bit. I think red wine is very beneficial for overall health, and I drink a glass or two probably every other night. If I feel it is hurting my progress, I'll cut it out. But for now, I enjoy it.

Saturday I had to get up early and spend the day at an arts and crafts fair. My mother was presenting some of her art and asked me to be there to help her. So, I didn't get to the gym yesterday, but I ate well. I planned ahead and brought some almonds and walnuts as well as a protein shake to get me through. I cooked myself 3 eggs and had some natural peanut butter (not together, lol) to eat before I left (at like 6 a.m., aye aye aye, on a Saturday...blech). They also had some food stands and one of them was Thai. They had garlic chicken on a stick. It was perfect for my lunch. I brought a bunch of fish oil pills, so I had like 5 of them with the chicken for lunch.

I am now my own hero after that day.

After sitting at an art fair all day, I figured I owed myself a delicious dinner. My fiance was in the city with some friends, so I went to Whole Foods and overpaid dramatically for some cheese that I love. It is called Humboldt Fog, from Oregon. I bought that and some spicy, fatty chorizo. Very good dinner.

I ran out of eggs, so I just made myself a can of tuna in mayo for breakfast. I had 3 fish oil pills and a multivitamin.

Now I am going to the gym. Legs and abs today. I am also going to play a bit of tennis later this afternoon. I know it is a strange idea to do that on legs day, but I love tennis and I haven't played in a while. Besides, it is with an older gentleman, so not that stressful

I am going to continue eating keto until next Saturday when I am hosting a massive party. On that day, I will carb up and drink some alcohol. Until then, I will shed fat like nobody's business.

362 days to lose 103 pounds. This number is probably too high after my solid week and water weight loss, but I am not going to update it until official weigh-in day. If I weigh 200 pounds when I get married next September, this will have been the best year of my life, regardless of what else happens.

Rock and roll. I love keto.

-PP

Carbsthe Fat Man's Poison Druluv75's Avatar
    Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    phabphour20 - Please don't use a goal weight, because you are lifting weights. Instead, figure out what you want your pant & shirt size to be. If you are active at 303lbs, this mean you have massive amounts of lean mass. Because the keto style mostly burns body fat, and the hormonal environment builds more muscle, your scale weight will not tell the story. People will say to you, Oh you lost a lot of weight but you ll be thinking to yourself I didn't lose any scale weight. Trust me, I get this a lot but I tell them I haven't lost a pound in a month.
    "Forget man's so-called logic and find your own metabolic needs." - Vince Gironda

Originally Posted by Druluv75 View Post
    phabphour20 - Please don't use a goal weight, because you are lifting weights. Instead, figure out what you want your pant & shirt size to be. If you are active at 303lbs, this mean you have massive amounts of lean mass. Because the keto style mostly burns body fat, and the hormonal environment builds more muscle, your scale weight will not tell the story. People will say to you, Oh you lost a lot of weight but you ll be thinking to yourself I didn't lose any scale weight. Trust me, I get this a lot but I tell them I haven't lost a pound in a month.
    Yeah Dru, I know about the weight thing. And I do have a lot of lean mass... I leg press 700 pounds for instance. I use the scale as a measuring tool. I also use my waist measurement. The 200 pound goal is just a broad, general goal that will necessarily have to be adjuste as things progress. If I get to 220 and I am ripped with 12% bodyfat, then I will be a happy happy man. I think it is possible to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. I think the muscle building will be slower than the fat loss and the scale should still show a pound or three of loss per week.

I understand what you are saying and agree with you. I am not a slave to the scale as many people are. If the scale goes up a pound and my waist goes down half an inch, that sounds good to me.

Thanks for reading my log! I got a long way to go, but I am going to do it.

-PP

I love keto.

So, yesterday was a fantastic day, as imagined by me before it started.

I woke up and had a can of tuna in mayonnaise with some EFA's and a multivitamin. An hour later I headed off to the gym.

Legs and abs. Such a tough day. Gotta love it. I didn't do any cardio again. I am going to see what kind of results I can have limiting cardio to walking occasionally on the treadmill and playing tennis and stuff like that. Had some whey in water after the lifting.

Then I went home and relaxed for a bit, watched some football and had some leftover spicy chorizo and cheese for lunch. A little while after that I went to play some tennis. It was a beautiful day up here in the northeast and I could think of nothing I'd rather be doing than playing some tennis. It was nice to be outside and move around, but not the most strenuous of exercise. I was sweating pretty good though.

After that I went over to my brother's place and watched some football with him and his roommate. He just set up a ping-pong table. This is one of my favorite games/sports ever and we ended up playing for like an hour and a half. This was good exercise. You can laugh, but we play at a pretty high level and we were all sweating up a storm. Had some grilled chicken and water then went home.

Last night I read a bit and relaxed with my fiance. All in all it was a great, active, healthy, fun weekend day.

I am doing another 5 days of strict keto before Saturday. I have already started planning what to eat on my carbup. I have some Acai juice and some fudge that are definitely going to be included.

361 days and 103 pounds to go. Tomorrow is official weigh-in and measurement day. I will have lost a lot of water. That I can already tell. Hopefully I lost some fat too.

-PP

Official weigh-in day...

Results of official weigh in and measurement:

Weight: 297 pounds (-6 pounds, 25 pounds since start)
    Waist: 48.4 inches (-0.1 inches, not statistically significant)

So, weigh-in went pretty well. I dropped six pounds. I assume about 5 of that was water, but hopefully there is a pound or two of fat in there as well. The waist measurement isn't statistically significant and only represents about 4 or 5 days worth of change. I think the month to month trend in the waist measurement is more useful than the week to week.

Yesterday was a good day. I ate strict keto but allowed myself a glass of red wine with my chicken caesar salad for dinner. I skipped the gym because my entire body was aching after my rigorous day on Sunday (legs and abs, tennis, table tennis).

Today I am eating strict keto again (until Saturday...when I cheat/carb up). I plan on hitting up the gym tonight. Biceps and back.

Everything is going well. I love keto. Feeling great.

I know I am going to put on some lean mass with this plan, so 200 pounds is a rough goal, very rough. I'd love to fit size 34 pants again...

Anyway, I am going to get it done this time around.

97 pounds to lose in 51 weeks.

-PP

Didn't get to the gym last night. Some things came up in my life that required immediate attention. If all goes well, I may have some news to report shortly...

Anyway, ate like a keto champion yesterday. May have gone over my cals a bit since I was eating a little bit more during the day knowing I was going to be lifting last night. Not worried about it though. Hopefully I can go tonight, but I have some last minute things to do related to what I was doing last night. We'll see. Either way I am going to eat strict keto and drink a lot of green tea and take my fish oils and multi.

Hope you all have a great day!

51 weeks to lose 97 pounds.

-PP

Wow. Crazy few days. Now it is time to recover, refocus. Right after my little business trip... argh.

I'll be back in full force soon.

-PP

Wow. Crazy few days. Now it is time to recover, refocus. Right after my little business trip... argh.

I'll be back in full force soon.

-PP
    Business trip not happening. Keto happening instead.

Rock and roll.

I think I will skip the weigh-in tomorrow since I had basically a four day carb-up/binge/drunkfest. I don't want to be discouraged.

In it to win it.

-PP

Carbsthe Fat Man's Poison Druluv75's Avatar
    Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Business trip not happening. Keto happening instead.

Rock and roll.

I think I will skip the weigh-in tomorrow since I had basically a four day carb-up/binge/drunkfest. I don't want to be discouraged.

In it to win it.

-PP
    not good, you have a wedding to get diesel for. Save it for the honey moon!
    "Forget man's so-called logic and find your own metabolic needs." - Vince Gironda

Originally Posted by Druluv75 View Post
    not good, you have a wedding to get diesel for. Save it for the honey moon!
    Yeah, I know. But we had a blowout end of summer party at my house that we had been planning for a month. I had some people staying over for two nights and we just partied our heads off. But, now I am back at it for good.

Went to the gym, lifted hard tonight. Good deal. I felt so jacked from my extended carbup.

I love keto.

-PP

Great day yesterday. Ate keto like it was my job. I went to the gym and lifted hard, biceps and back. Followed it with some whey in water. Man did I feel pumped afterward. I haven't felt that strong in a while. I guess my 4 day carbup had an impact...lol.

Had some chicken with a little bruschetta topping and melted fresh mozzarella on top and a side of spinach sauteed in butter for dinner. My fiance cooked it and it was delicious. I also found some 85% cocoa dark chocolate and had a square of that for dessert. It has virtually no sugar in it and tastes crazy. Like coffee beans and red wine and all kinds of things at the same time.

http://www.lindtusa.com/shop_product_detail.cfm?PID=28

It has 5 grams of sugar in 4 squares, but I only eat 1 square... couldn't imagine eating more it is so rich.

Anyway, just had some fried eggs and a sausage patty for breakfast. Ejoying my cup of green tea now.

I am going to hit the gym again tonight, triceps, chest and shoulders. Do you guys use some sugar in your post workout shake? I am a little afraid of this and usually just have 1-2 scoops of whey in water.

I did not weigh myself today because I don't want to be discouraged. I am going to have a good week and then check the scale next Tuesday.

-PP

Another great day yesterday. I am the keto king. Didn't test positive on the strips this morning, but I'm sure I will tomorrow morning.

I ate well all day yesterday, had some scrambled eggs and sauteed spinach for dinner with a glass of red wine. I love red wine.

After work I went to the gym. Triceps, chest and shoulders. I went at it. Still feeling that post carbup pump, although this morning my muscles were flattening out again. It is amazing how much water gets stored in them.

No gym tonight as I need to watch my beloved Boston Red Sox dismantle the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim or whatever marketnig tool they call themselves.

Keto all day today and baseball all night. Life is beautiful.

-PP

What do you guys think about this...

(I posted this in another thread, but I am interested to hear what anyone who reads my log thinks)

I generally go out to dinner with my fiance on Friday nights. When I go out, for that meal, I eat whatever I want. A pizza with some pasta. A cheeseburger and fries, whatever. I have a few beers or some wine too. The next day, I eat keto again. I test positive on the strips in the morning, but feel that my lifts haven't been negatively impacted.

I am thinking of pursuing the following strategy:

One week do what I normally do on Friday night, eat and drink whatever I feel like and then get right back into keto on Saturday morning.

The next week, I will still do my Friday night cheat meal, but I will wake up and have some oatmeal before hitting the gym. Then, I will carbup (clean) for the entire day on Saturday before hitting the gym and returning to keto eating on Sunday.

I feel like I actually weigh less the Saturday morning after my huge cheat meal on Friday nights. I think being in ketosis and having gone to the gym before that meal, my body just burns right through everything I take in. So, I am thinking of adding the carbup day every other Saturday to make sure I exit ketosis and really, fully restore muscle glycogen stores.

Any thoughts?

-PP

Yesterday went well. I ate keto all day. I might have gone ove rmy calories during the Red Sox game, but I kept it keto-friendly. I can't believe I watched a Red Sox playoff game, with a fridge full of beer leftover from my party, without having one. Amazing. I did eat some salami and cheese though, probably too much of it, but I needed something to snack on.

Dinner was a chicken caesar salad. Everything is going well. Still no color on the ketostix, but I am not worried. I think tonight or tomorrow morning it'll show or I need to cut out the one glass of red wine a night I have been permitting myself. I believe in the cardio-protective powers of red wine as well as the general mood/stress benefit of one glass a night. Anyway, if it keeps me out of ketosis it will have to go until I reach my goal weight/size. I'll keep monitoring this.

Today is more good keto. I am going to the gym tonight to rock my legs and abs. Can't wait.

Weigh-in on Tuesday. A little nervous, but I have a few days to do some good before then.

-PP