Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    It should be about health phabphour20's Avatar
    phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Day 16 of the Stretch Run (Jan 19 to May 25th)

The Action:

Skipped lunch yesterday and then went to the gym last night. About 10 hours of fasting to have a nice empty stomach before working out. This is how it went:

10 minute warmup playing basketball and 2 court length sprints... just to get the blood flowing and a sweat going.

Deadlifts - 1 warmup set, 2 working sets
    Assisted chins (wide-grip) - 3 sets
    Bent over rows - 3 sets
    Straight barbell curls - 3 sets
    Hammer curls - 3 sets

I think I'll add in seated row for the back next time... someone was on the machine for about 30 minutes.

After this I was spent but invigorated. Ate a nice dinner of sauteed chicken with a tomatillo salsa my wife made (tomatillos, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice) and some shredded cheddar on top. We also had a bunch of roasted broccoli. Finished it off with some 85% dark chocolate. Delicious dinner.

Then I went to bed and slept.

This morning I had a big bowl of Greek yogurt with some blueberries and mixed nuts for breakfast. I think we are going out for sushi for lunch today. A little treat (and cheat with the rice), but I don't think it will be too harmful to my efforts. No dinner tonight as I have CFA class.

-PP
    I just want to be healthy.

phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Day 17 of the Stretch Run (Jan 19 to May 25th)

The Action:

We did end up going out for sushi for lunch yesterday. It was awesome. I LOVE sushi. We split up a bunch of different maki... spicy tuna, philly, one with lobster, some eel, salmon, crab, etc. I also had some tuna sashimi. Amazing how good something so simple can taste. I did eat some rice, but there can't be that much in sushi. I avoided the tempura roll that my friends ordered... wheat just does NOT agree with me... at all. Rice appears to be ok in small quantities but is just too carby to eat often. Anyway, delicious lunch. I think it is healthy and fine to do once in a while.

After that I went back to work and then had CFA class at night. So I did not eat dinner.

This morning I brought some Greek yogurt with a bunch of nuts to work for breakfast. My last meal was the sushi at about 2 pm yesterday. Breakfast was 9 am today, so 19 hours between meals.

I was feeling a little sick last night and this morning with stuffiness, sore throat, etc. I think I am still going to try and do the gym tonight despite this and a ton of general soreness. We are going to a wedding a few hours away this weekend and staying in a hotel. This means I may have a hard time getting in my workout this weekend, so I am going to try and go tonight to do legs and (maybe) some shoulders.

No lunch since I want to go to the gym on an empty stomach tonight.

Cheers.

-PP

Day 18 of the Stretch Run (Jan 19 to May 25th)

The Action:

So I felt like crap yesterday afternoon. I went to CVS and bought some DayQuil and a container of mixed nuts. I ate the entire container (~1300 calories, crazy), essentially as lunch. After work I went home and ate dinner... the rest of my leftover chili with cheese and sour cream. Then I went to bed. Hoping to fight this cold off.

This morning I had yogurt with nuts for breakfast. Lunch is going to be a big salad. Then I am going to try and go to the gym after work tonight, but we'll see how I am feeling later.

A lot of driving and a wedding this weekend. Could be trouble. Hoping to keep the progress going.

-PP

bcrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
    The Action:

So I felt like crap yesterday afternoon. I went to CVS and bought some DayQuil and a container of mixed nuts. I ate the entire container (~1300 calories, crazy), essentially as lunch. After work I went home and ate dinner... the rest of my leftover chili with cheese and sour cream. Then I went to bed. Hoping to fight this cold off.

This morning I had yogurt with nuts for breakfast. Lunch is going to be a big salad. Then I am going to try and go to the gym after work tonight, but we'll see how I am feeling later.

A lot of driving and a wedding this weekend. Could be trouble. Hoping to keep the progress going.

-PP
    Sorry to hear your feeling so rough! I got a cold in January while in keto. It is hard to stay motivated and stay locarb. Stick to it! It will be harder to get back in to keto than sticking to the plan. Avoid all meds that contain sugars like the dayQuil syrup. Go with the caps.

As for the wedding. Stay away from the booze and plan everything else! Start cooking and pack a cooler for the road. Shakes transport easily. So do pre-cooked meals. Just throw in a few ice packs or a 2 liter pop bottle that was filled with water and frozen. The reception meal can be difficult but stay focused and send things back to the kitchen. It will be hard but so worth it in the long run.

Here is something to have tonight before bed:

Brent's Hot Chocolate!
    250 ml of Unsweetened almond milk (aprox 4 carbs)
    1 tsp coco (aprox 1 carb)
    2 scoops of chocolate Whey Protein 0 Carbs
    2 TBSP Heavy cream (0 carbs, 10g fat)

Heat the almond milk on the lowest setting. (Note: The almond milk will curd if you heat it too fast) Add the protein, heavy cream, and coco when it is luke warm and stir. Once it is nice and warm. Not too hot to avoid curding. Put it in your favorite mug and top with heavy cream whipped topping.(Heavy cream whip topping is available at most super markets in pressurized cans). Add several Tbsp to get your fats!

Enjoy! Take care of that cold!

Started Crossfit 7/20...

Did a two week Elements class. Loved it. I am so out of shape it saddens me. I am in it to win it. If I can get my butt there, this is going to be the thing that gets me in shape.

Today was my first real class...

8/1/10 -

2k meter Row. Time - 9:23.4

Pretty rough. I was glad that the first class was actually something I can do though. No handstand pushups or pullups or rope climbs... or musle ups or dips... the list is long but I am going to shorten it dramatically.

Ate fairly well today. Eggs and bacon with some homemade guacamole for breakfast. Almonds and blueberries for a snack. Dinner is slow-cooked pork chops in a tomato-red wine reduction with a side of green beans. No booze.

Weighed in at 294 this morning. I think my goal will be under 280 by 9/25. Have a wedding to go to and I feel most comfortable in my suit when I am less than 275-280.

Cheers.

Thumbs up Week 3 of Crossfit...

Today's workout was a 2 parter...

1. Grace - 30 clean and jerks for time. 135 pounds as prescribed, I did it with 65.

5:23. I'll up the weight next time. I focused on making sure my form was OK. Don't want to get injured.

2. Tabata squats - 8 rounds (20 secs on, 10 off. 4 mins total)

Score is based on the least amount you could do in any round. My lowest round was 8. Carrying around a lot of extra weight does not make this an easy workout.

Felt great afterward. Man I love Crossfit. Did this at 5:30 am and still managed to shower, walk the dog and make my 7:30 train to work. Hopefully I can sustain this twice during the week and then either weekend day. It will make a big difference in my life if I can keep it up. For the first time in my life I think I can become 'physically fit.' You know... do a pullup, run a mile, etc.

Ate reasonably well yesterday... breakfast was some cottage cheese and fruit and 2 hard-boiled eggs. Lunch was leftover slow-cooked pork and some pistachios. Dinner was a grassfed sirloin, asparagus and some Caprese salad (tomato, basil, mozzarella cheese).

Today breakfast was two eggs, some full fat F A G E Greek yogurt, a small handful of blueberries and some almonds and walnuts. A nice, big breakfast. Not perfect Paleo, but solid. Lunch is going to be leftover steak and Caprese salad from last night and about a dozen cherries (LOVE cherries). My one compromise with Paleo is dairy. I think full fat dairy can work (cream, cheese, full-fat yogurt, not milk). It agrees with my stomach and isn't too carby. I am trying to limit it a bit though... otherwise I'll eat it at every meal.

Weighed in at 293 this morning. Not going to weigh myself every day, but really whenever I feel like it. Will most likely be after workouts.

-PP

Off day today from the gym.

Dinner last night was just a quick snack of some pistachios, a little cheddar cheese, some cherries and a square of dark chocolate. Then I went for a long walk with my wife, dog and new baby. Maybe 1.5 or 2 miles.

No breakfast today, just some green tea. Lunch will be a Greek salad with steak tips.

Crossfit tomorrow morning.

-PP

Lacerator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

You seem to have trouble keeping your meals spread adequately. Do you get any up/down mood or energy swings from that. I think if you could tie your self to a routine 'set in stone' so to speak maybe you would be able to control your eating and also have more consistent energy for workouts.? jmo
    I do like the variety in your diet though, I'm working on finding alternatives my self to just what's in my plan right now which is just eggs, shakes, meat, and the few cashews I lust for all day.

Lacerator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you using a particular type of Keto diet or one you have tailored on your own for the last few years? Sorry, I don't remember seeing it.

Originally Posted by Lacerator View Post
    You seem to have trouble keeping your meals spread adequately. Do you get any up/down mood or energy swings from that. I think if you could tie your self to a routine 'set in stone' so to speak maybe you would be able to control your eating and also have more consistent energy for workouts.? jmo
    I do like the variety in your diet though, I'm working on finding alternatives my self to just what's in my plan right now which is just eggs, shakes, meat, and the few cashews I lust for all day.
    My mood and energy are pretty consistent. I used to do quite a bit of intermittent fasting. As long as I keep my diet pretty clean paleo (my one real compromise is dairy) going for reasonably long periods doesn't effect my mood/energy.

Controlling my eating is definitely the issue for me, as well as sustaining a workout plan for longer than a few months. I get derailed for a weekend from going to someone else's house or a holiday or a big party, etc, and then that stretches into a few days which stretches into a few weeks and then a month and then I have undone all of the progress I made over the past 3 or 4 months where I was eating clean. Vicious cycle. I have started wondering if the problem might be my reasons and motivators.

I am hoping that Crossfit can help this. Not because it will make me lose weight fast or anything (though it will definitely help), but rather because I can shift what my goal is. I am trying to change my goal from some vague "I want to get in shape and look sexy" to actual physical fitness goals... do a real pullup, then a muscle up, run a mile, then a 5k, etc. Hopefully that focus means I can use the small goals and gains I make on that front to keep me motivated and focused. The progress on weight loss/aesthetics is so slow and difficult to measure sometimes that when I seem to flatline for a few days/weeks it becomes a demotivating force.

I plan to continue making fitness goals and striving for those. With a little hard work I think the physical changes will come on their own.

As far as food variety goes, I love to cook. I also have a wife at home who can shop sometimes or cook sometimes when I can't. It helps.

Thanks for the input.

-PP

Originally Posted by Lacerator View Post
    Are you using a particular type of Keto diet or one you have tailored on your own for the last few years? Sorry, I don't remember seeing it.
    I have more or less adopted a paleo approach. I eat meat, vegetables, fish (rarely), eggs, nuts, fruit and full-fat dairy. I include the occasional glass of wine and some dark chocolate (85 or 86%, usually). I drink a lot of green tea and water and (besides occasional wine) not much else.

Edit: So not really a true keto, but I think this is the best forum for me.

/Thread

I started a new log with my new plan and renewed enthusiasm.

Please join me there... I could use some help.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=126550903

PPs CrossFit + Paleo Log