Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    It should be about health phabphour20's Avatar
    phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ashley2212 View Post
    HI!

This thread is making me hungry... LOL

You didn't have birthday cake?!?!?!
    Nope. My fiance said she wanted to do it for me, but that she would honor my request to keep it keto-friendly. She is an amazing girl.

Also, on Friday, she is taking me out, so all bets are off!

I guess I have been talking about food a lot eh? Oh well. I enjoy it!

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be a stranger!

-PP
    I just want to be healthy.

ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hard to not talk about food when you're dieting...

I won't get birthday cake either Worth the sacrifice I hope!

phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hard to not talk about food when you're dieting...

I won't get birthday cake either Worth the sacrifice I hope!
    If you weren't trying to get ready for a comp, I would say go for it... but alas, stay strong and it will be worth it when you are strutting your stuff as strong, beautiful and confident as ever!

ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
    If you weren't trying to get ready for a comp, I would say go for it... but alas, stay strong and it will be worth it when you are strutting your stuff as strong, beautiful and confident as ever!
    But it's CAKE!!! Hahaha

Kidding.

Why did I think there was sugar in rum? I just looked it up and now I feel stupid, LOL I rarely ever drink, forgive my ignorance!

But it's CAKE!!! Hahaha

Kidding.

Why did I think there was sugar in rum? I just looked it up and now I feel stupid, LOL I rarely ever drink, forgive my ignorance!
    Don't worry about it, I drink enough for the both of us!

In actuality, I am trying to cut down to just on the weekends, and usually only Friday night at that. But this week has been tough with 3 concerts in the city and my birthday and all. But I think I have done pretty well.

Rum is cool for keto, but not cool for fat loss in general. That is why I try not to drink too much. It will definitely impede my progress. Also, most drinks made with rum have a ton of sugar added to them, fruity drinks, frozen drinks, rum and coke, etc. That is probably why you thought it had sugar, most times it tastes very sweet.

-PP

Good morning people! Man am I tired. Didn't get to bed until about 2:00 last night and I wake up at 6:00 for work, so this might be a rough one...

The concert was great. And loud. My ears are ringing big time. I was a perfect gentleman to my body and only consumed keto food I had brought with me (almonds, walnuts and some string cheese... which ironically was the name of the band I saw) and some bottled water. I had zero alcohol and still enjoyed myself quite a bit. Tested very strong on the strips this morning, must be a bit dehydrated.

I am eating strict keto during the day today and plan on going to the gym after work. I am going to hit the weights hard. I think I'll do legs and abs since I think this is my toughest workout and that is where I am in my splits anyway.

Then I go to a great restaurant for dinner with my fiance. I am going to enjoy myself and have a cheat meal. Tomorrow morning I need to go to the gym since I am heading up to Fenway Park for the game on Saturday night and will not stop myself from having a few beers and a dog or two while I am there. I am a die hard Red Sox fan and love Fenway. I haven't been back in a few years, so I am not going to cheat myself of the full experience, which in my mind includes a Fenway Frank and some Sam Adams.

Anywho, an amazing woman has agreed to make me her husband next September. I am going to wow her by being in the best shape of my life on that day. She will be amazed since she has known me since I was 15.

I hope everyone enjoys their Friday. Let's hurry up and get this work day over with.

-PP

Ahhhh...

Good afternoon everyone!

I just got back from the gym. Had a good lifting session, biceps and back. I skipped cardio since I am going to go play some tennis in a half an hour or so. I thought I would drop in for an update.

So, here has been my weekend so far. It has been a mixed bag, health-wise. I would say that I have maintained my weight and maybe made some muscle progress while having a lot of fun as well.

Friday after work, I went to the gym. I did a solid session of legs and abs, followed by about 15 minutes on the bike. My legs are still a litle wobbly today, so I know I worked them hard.

After the gym on Friday, my fiance took me out for a delicious dinner for my birthday. It was really, really good. I won't get into what I ate, lets just say it involved some incredible ground beef, a roll, onions, smoked gouda and onion rings. I also drank nearly a bottle of wine. It was so good. I ran into one of my colleagues, who is much more senior than I am. She bought us a bottle of sparkling rose to congratulate us on our engagement. It was so nice of her.

So, woke up Saturday morning feeling a little out of it, but I gathered myself and went to the gym anyway. I had a very good workout, triceps, shoulders and chest. I followed that with a little cardio for good measure. I was feeling much better afterward. I have never thought of the gym as an answer for a hangover, but if you can get yourself there, it will make you feel a lot better. Sweat out the booze and get your blood moving.

After the gym, went home, ate keto food, took a shower and headed up to Boston. Had a nice dinner at a restaurant in Boston, a big Cobb salad which was delicious and full of good keto stuff. I did drink a few Miller Lites though. After dinner, went to the ball game. Man, I love Fenway Park. We had incredible seats. I helped myself to a few more light beers and some peanuts, but stayed away from the ballpark food, which was good for my bodyfat and my wallet. Had a great time and probably only stayed flat as far as my bodyfat goes. In the past, this would have been an opportunity for 5 regular beers, sausage and pepper hero and some nachos.

This morning, woke up late. Got in at like 2:30 last night, so I woke up around 11:30. I went to the gym and did biceps and back. I have been eating keto today and now I am off to play some tennis and then have dinner with some family. I hope they make some meat for me!

I hope everyone is doing great. I am. I am sure I didn't make a lot of progress this weekend, but I didn't set myself back too much either. I think it was worth it for a lot of fun. I did well by going to the gym everyday, but I ate a big cheat on Friday night and drank way too much alcohol to really see progress, but I knew I was doing it and was conscious of my actions the whole time. Good weekend.

In September 2008, I am going to be in the best shape of my life for my wedding.

-PP

Good morning everyone...

Good morning and happy Monday! I know there is nothing I like better after a great weekend of fun and physical activity than sitting at my desk 11 hours a day for five straight days!

So, I had my breakfast of a sausage and ham omelet this morning with a cup of green tea, fish oils and a multivitamin. So far, so good.

This morning, when I was in the bathroom before I took my shower, I weighed and measured myself. I know, I know, once a week. However, I was heavier and wider than last week. I hope this is just part of the fluctuations that normally accompany this sort of thing. I am pretty sure that I didn't make much progress this week because of all the social activity and drinking, but I didn't want to gain centimeters around my waist or a few pounds either. I hope I am back to 288 tomorrow morning. Maybe I still have some of the water weight from all the drinking... does that stick around for a few days? Despite that, I did a little pose down for myself and felt like I looked pretty good. But the mirror can be deceiving.

Well, all that being said, this is going to be a good week. Nothing really planned socially, so I am going to eat at home and hit the gym every day, except maybe tomorrow when I am trying to set up some tennis with a colleague. Tonight I am going to do a lot of cardio and maybe squeeze in some shrugs. I don't really have these built into my workouts, so I try to do them on cardio days as a way to break up the cardio a bit.

So, hopefully I can make my 2 pounds of progress this week as I have been at a plateau for a while (not a real plateau, but an imperfect diet and inconsistent workout plateau that I must break this week) and really want to get to 275 by September 1st. That is my next mini goal. It is basically 2 pounds a week to get me there. I plan on doing it.

September of 2008 is an important month. I will be getting married. I will also be in the best shape of my entire life.

-PP

Do you take progress photos?

I find that the mirror only shows me what I want to see, lol... photos show EVERYTHING...

Do you take progress photos?

I find that the mirror only shows me what I want to see, lol... photos show EVERYTHING...
    I am still a little afraid of photos. I know it is stupid. I'm sure when I get much lower and I am more comfortable with the way I look, I will be annoyed that I don't have before pictures to compare them to.

I do take a picture of my face everyday though. My Macbook has this program called Photo Booth. It uses the little camera to take your picture and I like to see the changes in my face over time. I can definitely see a difference since I started this process. I think if I don't see progress on the scale or tape measure by next week, July 24th, then I will resort to taking scary pictures of myself.

Thanks for stopping by. How are you doing?

-PP

I will be annoyed that I don't have before pictures to compare them to.
    YES. When I get down on myself, I look back to the first photos I took 5-6 years ago. It reminds me that I may not be where I want to be, but look how far I've come!!!!!!!!!!!

YES. When I get down on myself, I look back to the first photos I took 5-6 years ago. It reminds me that I may not be where I want to be, but look how far I've come!!!!!!!!!!!
    I guess I need to just break down and do it.

I guess I need to just break down and do it.
    Well, I think you'll benefit from them in the long run..... but if you think it's going to upset your program by discouraging you, I wouldn't do it.

Solid cardio session

OK, just got back from the gym. I had a solid cardio session. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical (550 calories, yeah right). I followed that up with some shrugs and forearm curls. I don't have these built into my workout anywhere, so I try to squeeze them in on cardio days. After that, I got back on the elliptical and did 10 more minutes. I was absolutely soaked.

Now I am making myself turkey taco salad. Ground turkey in homemade taco seasoning (the packaged stuff has MSG amongst other carcinogens), over a bed of lettuce, with sour cream, organic salsa and shredded cheese. Good keto meal. Absolutely delicious. Serve that up with some fish oils and a glass of Fresca and we are good to go!

See you tomorrow, when I will be one day closer to my goal of being in the best shape of my life for my wedding.

-PP
    Last edited by phabphour20; 07-17-2007 at 05:52 AM.

Official weigh-in day...

288 lbs. 48.4" waist.

Weight was the same, which I pretty much expected, although it is still a little bit of a let down. I am going to keep it super clean this week and see what kind of progress I can make. I would like to get two pounds gone this week, otherwise I have to start making modifications to my plan. The waist going back down to slightly below where it was is a good sign though. Maybe I added a little muscle with all the lifting I did... doubt it though.

I didn't keep it clean at all this week, since I drank a bunch of times and had a big cheat meal with a bottle of wine on Friday. I can't call this a plateau until I have followed my plan diligently and don't see results.

This past week does highlight the change I have made in my lifestyle though. There was a time when going to three concerts in a week, having two birthday dinners and seeing a baseball game would have meant I easily put on 5 pounds of fat. I would have eaten garbage, drank many heavy beers, not worked out, etc. This week, I still had fun with my friends and managed to maintain my weight. This is going to suit me just fine when I reach my ideal bodyfat % and want to have a good time. I realize that the two are not mutually exclusive. A person can still have a healthy body and indulge once in a while if they take care of their body 90% of the time. All in moderation.

I think I may have even gained some strength since I was taking in more calories than usual while lifting hard every day this weekend. Sort of like a mini-bulk.

Started this morning in the usual way, with a ham and cheddar omelet from the cafeteria at work, a cup of green tea, my multi and two fish oil caps. I am going to eat a tight keto diet all week and then have a short carb-up on Friday afternoon/evening. I don't think I need a big one after last week and this weekend. I am playing tennis with a colleague after work, which is great. I love tennis. If I am feeling up to it afterward, I may run off to the gym quickly to do some legs and abs work since I didn't lift yesterday and hate to miss two days of lifting in a row. We'll see how late it is afterward.

Oh yeah, for my birthday last week, my fiance bought me some new shirts because I needed them. I had been wearing XXL for a year or two. She bought XL (she thought they would fit again, I was a little scared) from my usual shop and they fit beautifully! I am back into XL shirts! Yay! I forgot to mention this last week, but I am wearing one of the new shirts now and it reminded me to tell you guys. I'd like to, for the first time since maybe 6th grade, start wearing a size large. Not sure if it is possible with my frame, but I think it is. I have been chubby, at the very least, since I was in 6th grade. So, we'll see what happens at 10% bodyfat.

I think I was in the best shape of my life late in high school when I was playing a lot of tennis. I am going to be in better shape for my wedding next September than I was in high school.

-PP

P.S. Sorry these posts have been getting so long... I have been using this as a kind of health/nutrition/exercise/lifestyle journal. Maybe that is what these logs are actually intended for... hmmmm...
    Last edited by phabphour20; 07-17-2007 at 05:54 AM.

So, I played some tennis last night. Holy cow. By "some tennis" I mean nearly 2 hours of knock down drag out battling. I was pouring buckets. It was lovely. I lost, but it felt good to compete again. I am definitely a lot slower than I used to be, but that is expected and hopefully some of my lost agility and speed will return.

Man am I sore right now. My back and shoulder are absolutely aching.

It was too late afterward to go the gym, so I will try and do legs and abs tonight.

After I got home last night I ate some steak and sauteed spinach. It was delicious and a nice night, so my fiance and I ate out on the patio. I had Fresca, she had wine...lol. I then tried to go to bed early, but got crappy sleep. That is two nights in a row of crappy sleep. Oh well, hopefully tonight will be better.

I am going to have a solid keto day today and then a good gym trip tonight. This week is going to be nearly flawless for my nutrition and exercise. I want to break this mini plateau before it breaks me.

OK, off to get some green tea now.

September 2008 = PP's wedding = best shape of PP's life.

-PP

Had a great day yesterday. I think I am going to PLOW through this plateau. My plan is solid. I am working really hard in the gym. The results will come. I think this is going to be a big weight loss week. I think the timing of my last weigh-in, after all the alcohol and salt and everything included some water. We'll see on Tuesday though...

Yesterday I ate very clean all day. Kept it strictly on plan. After work I went to the gym. 8 minute warm up on the elliptical followed by legs and abs. I love the leg press. I don't do squats because of some back problems, so this is my go-to exercise. 3 sets of 12 reps at 720 pounds plus the rack. I want to up the weight, but I am not sure that my knees can handle it. I know my muscles can, easily, but I don't want my knee giving out.

I went hard on my abs doing two types of weighted crunches, always holding the last rep of each set, basically until I wanted to puke from the pain. I love going hard on my abs. I think if I can ever get rid of the gut, I will have some solid abs. After this, I did another 10 minutes on the eliptical, just to burn a few extra calories. I had it in my head to skip cardio after the exhausting hour and 45 minutes of tennis I played the night before, but I did a little for good measure.

I got home and cooked some chicken in butter and white wine (just a little) with crushed red pepper flakes over asparagus and a few red onion slices (also cooked in butter). It was delicious and nutritious. Chased it down with a tall glass of water and some fish oils.

Today, keeping it clean keto, of course, and hitting up the gym tonight. Chest, triceps and shoulders, hopefully followed by 20-30 minutes of cardio.

Feeling good. Feeling strong. Let's keep it going.

I am getting married in September of 2008. On that day, I will be in the best shape of my life.

-PP

Howdy. Had a nice day yesterday after we last spoke...lol. Ate great all day, followed my plan to a T. After work, I went to the gym and busted it. After a 7 minute elliptical warmup, I attacked my chest, triceps and shoulders.

I added a few pounds to most of the lifts and pushed it. I skipped cardio since it was running late and I was soaked anyway.

I made some fried eggs and Canadian bacon for dinner. It was yummy, but maybe a little high on the sodium and overall calories. Felt ok to eat after the intense workout I had.

Also, my abs are still sore from Wednesday.

Before I went to sleep, I wanted to see if I could do some pushups. I have never been one for pushups. Some times in my life I could do a few, sometimes I couldn't do any. Last night, I did an even 10 and felt like I could have pushed out a few more. Felt good. I am getting stronger and leaner.

So today I am going to eat well until after the gym. I am going to lift biceps and back and try to do some cardio. After the gym, I am going out with my fiance for some Chinese food. It will be a nice cheat/carbup meal. I don't feel like my lifts have suffered at all yet (in fact they have gone up this week), so I am not going to do a proper carbup per CKD standards. This seems to be what works for me, so that is cool.

Happy Friday!

My wedding is occurring in September of 2008 and I am going to be in the best shape of my life on that day.

-PP

Had a good workout. I warmed up for 8 minutes on the elliptical and then worked out my biceps and back for about 40 minutes. Worked hard, really pushed it for the last rep of each set. I skipped cardio since the power went out in the gym while I was lifting, but that is OK since I will be doing plenty tomorrow.

I got home and pounded a protein shake. I followed it with some fudge. Ooooh... I love fudge. Someone gave us a pound last weekend that they brought back from Martha's Vineyard and I was impressed that I waited until now to touch it. I figured it would provide the necessary carbs to have with my shake... lol.

Going out for Chinese food in a bit, bringing a nice Australian Shiraz that I have since it is a BYOB place. I plan on drinking some wine and eating as much good Chinese food as I want to. I am not going to gorge myself, but this is my cheat/carbup night so I am not going to be shy about what I eat.

I am going to get up and pound out some good cardio tomorrow morning before playing some tennis in the afternoon. It will basically be a double cardio day. Although the person I am playing tennis with is pretty old, so I will not get as good a workout as I got on Tuesday playing someone of the same age and ability level.

OK, out I go!

I am going to get married while in the best shape of my life in September of 2008!

-PP

Mmmmm... fudge. Delicious. I ate a normal amount of Chinese food, but had two glasses of wine and a beer before following it up with some more fudge at home. Man that stuff tastes good. I am not a huge fan of sweets or cake or stuff like that, but good peanut butter fudge... wow. I wonder if I put the rest of it in ziplocs if it will still be alive next weekend...

Anyway, woke up this morning with a bit of a tummy ache, but got over it and did some good cardio at the gym. 25 minutes of elliptical, followed by shrugs and forearm curls then onto the bike for ten more minutes. Went home, changed and immediately got into the car to go play some tennis. It was nice to be outside, but it wasn't tremendous exercise despite sweating through my shirt. Thus the cardio at the gym this morning...

I am eating good keto today. Had two fried eggs and some Canadian bacon for breakfast this morning. Tasty. That is it for now! Keto for life baby.

I am going to be in the best shape of my life for my wedding in September of 2008.

-PP

Ended up spontaneously going out to dinner again last night. I ate well, had a half a big salad with some turkey and bacon (just ate the other half for lunch), but I did drink two rum and diet cokes. I figured that since I did double cardio yesterday, having two drinks wasn't going to kill me.

I got some good sleep last night and woke up feeling pretty good today. I had two fried eggs and some Canadian bacon again for breakfast and then went off to the gym. I had planned on doing legs and abs today. When I got to the gym, my knee was really bothering me and I started to feel a twinge in my ankle as well. I ended up just doing abs and then 20 minutes of slow walking on the treadmill.

so, I started thinking about these nagging little injuries or pains I am haing today and I came to this conclusion. It has been well over a week since I have had a day off from working out or playing tennis. I think it is around 10 or 11 days. I have been in a great zone and got my routine going, but I am probably suffering from a little bout of overtraining, I think. I am going to take tommorrow off. Then, I am playing tennis again on Tuesday night if the weather is good. After that, we'll see how I feel on Wednesday. Hopefully I feel good and I can get back into the gym Wednesday night.

I am looking forward to Tuesday's official weigh-in, but hope my taking it easy for a day or two here doesn't hurt. I really want that 2 or 3 pound loss this week.

All right, I am off to work for a bit of catch-up. I know it is Sunday, but I gotta pay the bills.

In September of 2008, I am getting married to a beautiful woman. She will look at me and think, "wow, he is in the best shape of his life today."

-PP

Registered User gountilfailure0's Avatar
    gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well i suggest more cardio 40 minutes of treadmill jogging or fast walking and drinking beer and stuff is pointless go hard and when its all done u will be glad cut the drinking out

Originally Posted by gountilfailure0 View Post
    well i suggest more cardio 40 minutes of treadmill jogging or fast walking and drinking beer and stuff is pointless go hard and when its all done u will be glad cut the drinking out
    Yeah, I have cut out most of the booze. I don't really drink beer very much, except during my cheat meal. When I have booze or wine, it is usually contained to one night a week, and even then it is usually only a few drinks. I agree it isn't helping my progress for sure.

I would have done more cardio today, but my knee was hurting and so was my ankle. When I feel good, I usually do 25 minutes to a half hour almost every day, plus the occasional tennis match. I could probably up the cardio a bit, but as long as I can get the two pounds a week going (I plateaud from too much drinking and stuff), I think my plan should be ok. If I plateau again, then I will start throwing in HIIT or some morning cardio. For now, I think it is going ok.

Thanks for the suggestions.

-PP

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

I'm in bro!! I've been doing Keto for 4 months now and its PHUKCIN AMAZING!!!

Anything I can do to help just let me know...

craving sweet potatoes lorabeann's Avatar
    lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey! I think it is really cool you are working so hard for your bride to be. That shows a lot of dedication. (This is the part where girls come in the thread and go Awwwww!!! What a great guy! ooggling and ahhhhgling)

ps- i am wanting to get in the best possible shape of my life for the ring
    -Laura-

fresh beginnings going on here. watch out!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110185281

Originally Posted by lorabeann View Post
    Hey! I think it is really cool you are working so hard for your bride to be. That shows a lot of dedication. (This is the part where girls come in the thread and go Awwwww!!! What a great guy! ooggling and ahhhhgling)

ps- i am wanting to get in the best possible shape of my life for the ring
    Hey thanks! It is really good to have a hard date. I have a concrete point in time by which I want to have achieved a specific goal. Although my goal is still kind of sketchy (best shape of my life... what does that really mean anyway... I know), it is unavoidable. That day is going to happen whether I am ready or not.

I just want to be the best person I can be. The best husband I can be. I don't think I can be either of those things being unhappy with my body and being afraid to do some of the things I love, or being unhealthy. I have made a plan and I am dedicated.

My fiance is in good shape, always has been. She loves me for who I am and always tells me I look great and I am perfect for her, no matter what happens with my weight. She is really supportive of this process too and keeps telling me how proud and amazed she is of my dedication and progress.

It is funny about the ring... my fiance never really thought about jewelry much and didn't really lust after the ring like a lot of girls do. But, after she has it now, she loves the attention. And that is funny since she is usually a bit more introverted. I am glad it makes her happy.

Best of luck to you!

-PP

Originally Posted by gymratluke View Post
    I'm in bro!! I've been doing Keto for 4 months now and its PHUKCIN AMAZING!!!

Anything I can do to help just let me know...
    Glad you are liking the keto. I love it. At some times I really miss the other food, but I just have to remind myself of my goals.

That picture of your back is nuts. I would be fired up to achieve that someday. Amazing work man.

-PP

Good morning! Happy Monday! (Eh, whatever).

Had a nice night last night. My fiance made some chicken caesar salad which was very tasty and keto friendly.

Then I proceeded to watch a few episodes of season one of the Sopranos. I am slowly going to watch the whole series from the beginning. I haven't seen the final season yet, so no spoilers, please! (My mom already killed part of it for me...argh)

I am skipping the gym today to try and give my knee a bit of a break. It is a weird pain I am feeling when I lock the knee. I don't know. I am hoping some rest helps. I feel guilty about taking a day off. Such a reversal from when I used to feel guilty that the last time I was at the gym was like a month ago... lol. I know rest is the right thing to do and everyone needs time off from training once in a while. I think six days a week will be enough.

Anyway, because I am not going to the gym today, I am keeping the diet super-tight and lowering the calories by 200 or so. I am looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in and really hope to see the 2 pound loss. I need to drop about 2 pounds a week to get at or under 275 by September 1st, my next mini-goal. I still feel like I am adding muscle too and my lifts are going up. I know conventional wisdom says you can't lose fat and add muscle, but I think keto makes this possible. At least for me. At least for now.

So, for my wedding in September of 2008, I am going to be in the best shape of my young life.

-PP

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good morning! Happy Monday! (Eh, whatever).

Had a nice night last night. My fiance made some chicken caesar salad which was very tasty and keto friendly.

Then I proceeded to watch a few episodes of season one of the Sopranos. I am slowly going to watch the whole series from the beginning. I haven't seen the final season yet, so no spoilers, please! (My mom already killed part of it for me...argh)

I am skipping the gym today to try and give my knee a bit of a break. It is a weird pain I am feeling when I lock the knee. I don't know. I am hoping some rest helps. I feel guilty about taking a day off. Such a reversal from when I used to feel guilty that the last time I was at the gym was like a month ago... lol. I know rest is the right thing to do and everyone needs time off from training once in a while. I think six days a week will be enough.

Anyway, because I am not going to the gym today, I am keeping the diet super-tight and lowering the calories by 200 or so. I am looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in and really hope to see the 2 pound loss. I need to drop about 2 pounds a week to get at or under 275 by September 1st, my next mini-goal. I still feel like I am adding muscle too and my lifts are going up. I know conventional wisdom says you can't lose fat and add muscle, but I think keto makes this possible. At least for me. At least for now.

So, for my wedding in September of 2008, I am going to be in the best shape of my young life.

-PP
    I have been having a similar problem with my knee, and I think its wise to take a day off here or there just to give it some extra rest!

And I am a FIRM believer in adding mass while cutting fat esp on Keto...I have lost roughly 10% bf while only losing 14lbs. Do the math!

Originally Posted by gymratluke View Post
    And I am a FIRM believer in adding mass while cutting fat esp on Keto...I have lost roughly 10% bf while only losing 14lbs. Do the math!
    I am afraid of bodyfat math.

I am also now a firm believer in what you said, based on my own experience. My scale weight has only gone down marginally or not at all during keto, but my lifts are going up and my waist size is going down. I don't know any other way to explain it.

-PP