Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    It should be about health phabphour20's Avatar
    phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rainbow716590452 View Post
    good to here your allright there bro was begining to ge a little worried...dont let all that good work to go to waste...good luck
    Thanks man. I am in it to win it.

As of this morning, I was 275 on the scale, matching my low for probably the past 5 years. Feels good. At 272 I will have lost 50 pounds since my high. Pretty soon I might need to buy some size 40 pants. The 42's are starting to get a little loose.

Lifted chest, triceps and shoulders on Tuesday. Biceps and back will be on Friday. Feeling good, feeling strong.

I am going to keep it going strong until September. No carbs until my wedding.

Next Wednesday, if I remember and have time, I will do an official weigh-in and waist measurement.

-PP
    I just want to be healthy.

phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Official Weigh-in Day...

Weight - 275 pounds (flat)
    Waist - 47.25 inches (down 0.15 inches from a month ago)

Hello all, just a quick note.

I am suffering from my terrible back spasms again. Awful. I am keeping the diet in check, but can't really do any physical activity. Laid up on muscle relaxers and painkillers for a few days.

Hope to get back into the gym on Sunday... we'll see.

As for the time being, no carbs, occasional intermittent fasting and lots of fish oils and green tea should keep me healthy and potentially losing weight.

I'll check in next Wednesday again, at the latest...

Take it easy...

-PP

Yesterday went well. My back felt ok. I fasted for the whole day basically until 6 pm (from 8 pm the day prior), then had a good amount of keto friendly food.

I made a tasty dinner... took a pound of sweet Italian sausage (casings removed) and sauteed that in a little olive oil until it was about half way cooked. Then I added a few chopped garlic cloves, half a chopped onion, a sliced green pepper, a sliced red pepper and a chopped large head of broccoli (a little bit later). I added some crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and sauteed all this for a little while. Then I added about a cup of white wine and covered, simmering for about 15 minutes, until the broccoli was tender. Then I put into big bowls and topped with some shredded mozzarella cheese. So tasty and warm and delicious and moist and good and healthy and keto-friendly.

I also had some salami and cheese and peanut butter before that meal and some dark chocolate afterward. I love keto. And IF.

Have a great day everyone!

-PP

Hello everyone. I figured I would have a little more time to write a brief update tonight then I would tomorrow at work... official weigh-in will still be tomorrow, but the post will probably only be a couple of lines.

Anyway, things are going ok. I am still nursing the back a bit, so I haven't gotten back into the gym as soon as I would have hoped. Maybe on Sunday if I am feeling good I will go do legs and abs. Eating has been ok. I did drink a lot of alcohol over the past weekend as I had a lot of social activity for my fiance's birthday. I doubt I will have lost any weight, but who knows?

I had an interesting experience early this week. I did something I have never done before. I went an entire day without eating. Actually it was about 35 hours. I ate dinner at about 8 pm on Sunday night (a big meal) and then I didn't eat again until 7:30 am on Tuesday. It wasn't even very difficult. I barely got hungry at all. I drank green tea and water, but consumed no calories at all. I might do that once a week to reap the supposed benefits of the longer short-term fast. We'll see.

OK, I have to go to bed now. I hope everyone is doing well and I will report the results of the weigh-in/measurement at some point tomorrow.

Have a good night.

-PP

Official Weigh-in Day...

Weight - 275 pounds (flat)
    Waist - 47.25 inches (flat)

Was expecting this, so not that disappointed.

Need to get back to the gym and not drink.

Progress will be made this week.

-PP

Hell everyone. Made it to the gym today... and boy did I get after it. I had a few beers last night, which led to a few chocolate chip cookies and a few Doritos and well, you get the picture. Because of this, I was extra dedicated in the gym today, on top of the fact that it has been about two weeks, letting myself heal.

I did legs and abs and really went after it. I think I will be a wee bit sore tomorrow as I am already starting to get sore and walking funny today. After that workout I had four fried eggs and some bacon. Delicious. Lunch was a can of tuna and some cheese. Dinner is a gorgeous looking ribeye that I can't wait to grill up with a side of sauteed spinach. Toss in 3 or 4 fish oil pills and we have ourselves a delicious, nutritious keto meal.

Since I ate big today after the gym, I will probably fast until dinner tomorrow night, about 24 hours to help get myself back into ketosis a bit faster after my impromptu dirty carbup from last night. Then Tuesday night I will hit the gym again and go after my chest, triceps and shoulders.

This is the homestretch... under 5 months until my wedding... not where I wanted to be at this stage, but I am going to keep working at it.

Have a good night everyone.

-PP

gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10) gunsofamerica is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
    This is the homestretch... under 5 months until my wedding... not where I wanted to be at this stage, but I am going to keep working at it.
    Keep telling yourself this. You'll have a lifetime of dirty carbups and drunken bar food ahead of you but only 1 wedding night. You want it to be perfect, if that means cutting down on some body fat then you have no choice but to cut that body fat.

When temptation arises and poor decisions are about to be made about your diet, just tell yourself, you only have 5 months left for a once in a lifetime date.

Originally Posted by gunsofamerica View Post
    Keep telling yourself this. You'll have a lifetime of dirty carbups and drunken bar food ahead of you but only 1 wedding night. You want it to be perfect, if that means cutting down on some body fat then you have no choice but to cut that body fat.

When temptation arises and poor decisions are about to be made about your diet, just tell yourself, you only have 5 months left for a once in a lifetime date.
    Thanks man. I am going to get it done.

20 weeks. I think 40 pounds is reasonable. 235 is the new goal, although in my head it is really 225... I will be content with 235.

By the way, the ribeye was perfect.

-PP

Work in Progress.... Shhmmooove's Avatar
    Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice work bro. Keep at it. I know its tough, but keep your eye o the goal.

I got a holiday in just over 2 months....wont make it for that trip sadly, but I have another planned in November, for skiing, and I HAVE to be in shape for that!

Repped.
    =========================

"Never argue with idiots. They only bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Originally Posted by Shhmmooove View Post
    Nice work bro. Keep at it. I know its tough, but keep your eye o the goal.

I got a holiday in just over 2 months....wont make it for that trip sadly, but I have another planned in November, for skiing, and I HAVE to be in shape for that!

Repped.
    You'll get there man. Not much left to do. Keep at it.

And thanks for the support, don't be a stranger!

-PP

Official Weigh-in Day...

Weight - 274 pounds (down 1 lb.)
    Waist - 47.1 inches (down .15 inches)

Progress. I love progress. I finally broke down below 275, had been stuck there for a while. It is a good mental barrier to break through.

Yesterday I fasted all day and went to the gym without having eaten in approximately 22 hours. I felt great. I know a lot of people find this concept absolutely silly, but I am liking it. I have no energy loss in the gym and don't even feel hungry while I am working out. Part of this may be because I have been doing keto for a while and have clearly adapted my body to run off of fat. I lifted chest, triceps and shoulders.

If you think about it from an evolutionary perspective (as I often try to do), paleolithic man probably would have excercised (hunted) on an empty stomach most of the time. Eat a meal, rest, relax, sleep, etc, until you feel hungry again, then go out and hunt down your next meal. Seems to make sense that we may be adapted to work this way. I'll see what my results look like and decide if I want to continue this way or not. (check out Art DeVany http://www.arthurdevany.com if you are at all interested... he writes about evolutionary fitness and has some interesting ideas. I do not agree with all of his political and economical ramblings, but his EF concepts are interesting and it is hard to argue with his results... he is 70 years old and has the body of a 30 year old)

After the gym, I went home and made a nice, big dinner. I grilled up a big london broil, sliced it thin, and put it over a big Caesar salad with lots of parmesan cheese. I split the steak with my fiance, but I probably still ate at least 3/4 of a pound of meat. Excellent.

This morning I didn't have to get to work until 8, as opposed to 7 every other day, so I took advantage of the extra time and made some eggs and bacon for breakfast this morning. I do not fast on the days following nights where I lift. I feel that for my muscles to rebuild adequately, they need a fairly steady stream of nutrients throughout the following day, so three squares today.

Tomorrow I will probably fast for most of the day again and then eat one or two large meals.

Anyway, made some progress this week, feeling good. It wasn't the two pounds I would have wanted, but the waist shrinking is a good sign, despite only 1 pound of weight loss.

-PP

Just had a great dinner. I baked a big salmon fillet and made a salmon Caesar salad. Delicious. I had to use up the last of the romaine heads from the steak Caesar I made last night.

Just thought someone might like to know.

-PP

So, here has been my last couple of days...

Thursday morning I woke up and went to the gym. I didn't have to be in to work until an hour later than usual, so I took advantage and went to the gym. I figured the best thing to lift would be legs and abs since I hadn't done them since Sunday and didn't have to do them again until this Sunday. I went at it pretty hard and in between a few sets did some sets of pushups. It was a good workout. I followed it with a good keto day of eating.

Yesterday (Friday) I had another good keto day and then went to the gym in the evening. It was my biceps and back day, but I was still a little nervous about lifting my back. So instead, I did an 8 minute warmup, lifted biceps, and then did a 20 minute HIIT session on the elliptical. Nothing kicks my butt like HIIT. 5 minute warmup, then 1 minute as fast as I can go, then one minute cooldown, repeat until the 20 minute mark.

Afterward, my fiance and I went out to dinner. I ate well, had a nice NY strip with spinach, and instead of potatoes, I asked for some green beans. It was tasty. I also had a couple of glasses of red wine because, heck, I like it and don't think it is that bad for me.

Today, no gym, but good, clean keto eating.

I weighed myself this morning, and I was 275... so I may not make my goal for the week, but there is still time, we'll see.

-PP

Happy Monday everyone!

Had a nice weekend. Good keto eating all weekend. Gym Sunday morning was legs and abs. After dinner on Sunday (steak and brussel sprouts), my fiance and I went for a nice walk. I had read that doing this is good for digestion, so now that the weather is changing for the better, I am going to try and do it periodically.

Oh, my fiance and I also got our bikes tuned up and hopefully they'll be ready for a spin next weekend...

We'll see what Wednesday's official weigh-in day brings... kept it clean, have been working out hard, so we'll see what happens..

Have a great day everyone.

-PP

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am trying to be a little more frequent with my posting to keep the motivation up and maybe get some interest in my journey...

Anyway, yesterday went well. I fasted for the whole day until about 6 pm (from 9 pm the night before), so about 21 hours of not eating. Felt a little hunger in the morning, but that went away and never returned. I ate two decent sized "meals" after that. The first was some almonds, salami and cheese. The second was a nice, big grass-fed hamburger with sauteed spinach. I think it was easily 2k calories for the two meals, eaten between 6 and 8 pm.

I will not eat today until the evening again as well. I am enjoying working out in the fasted state. I feel it works well for me. So tonight, gym after work (around 6:30) will be chest, triceps and shoulders, then dinner probably at 8. I may eat another smaller meal after that tonight, but we'll see. Dinner is turkey taco salad which is usually a massive calorie bomb. Tomorrow being the day after a lifting session, I will have breakfast, lunch and dinner, then probably fast during the day on Thursday (meal Thursday night) and then again on Friday until my workout Friday after work.

Tomorrow is official weigh-in day, hoping to see some progress. My pants are feeling a little looser. My XL shirts are starting to fit a little loosely (from the one company where I buy nearly all my shirts from). I mean, they still fit, but they are definitely getting a little loose. So, in the spirit of motivation and progress, I bought one in a Large. Keep in mind when I started this process, I was comfortably wearing XXL from the same store. Now this L that I bought is my goal shirt.

It is quite tight now, I can get it buttoned to my surprise, but it is definitely quite tight, especially around the chest and obviously the gut. I am going to try this shirt on at the start of each month from now until my wedding... June 1st, July 1st, August 1st, and September 1st. One of my new goals is to get into this shirt comfortably by my wedding date. I think that will be a decent accomplishment, to get from XXL to L. My fiance tells me this is crazy and she thinks normal guys wear XL, but I can point to a number of fit, healthy men who wear L or even M. Granted I have a big frame, but a Large shirt should look good on me when I am in shape.

OK, too long a post for a generic Tuesday... Have a great day everyone. See you tomorrow for the official weigh-in day!

-PP

Weight - 272 pounds (down 2 lbs.)
    Waist - 46.9 inches (down .2 inches)

So, there it is. 50 pounds lost. Phew. I would think another 50 would do me quite well. I have definitely added a lot of muscle and have a large frame at 6'2", so I am not sure what my goal weight should be. I would really love to hit 222 at some point though, just to say that I have dropped 100 pounds. The pant size is probably a better goal. I'd like to hit 32. I am wearing 42s and 40s now and think I could make 32s again if I got rid of the fat. I used to wear them in high school.

So I got out of work at a decent hour last night and hit the gym. 8 minute elliptical warmup followed by chest, triceps and shoulders. I did this completely fasted (about 22 hours of only consuming water and green tea) and didn't feel any lack of energy. I really think the fast -> lift -> eat protocol is very good for overall health and fat loss. My lifts were good and I didn't feel hungry the whole time.

When I get home, I made some turkey taco salad for dinner. Delicious. After that, I still needed to get in some calories, so I made a shake. I used heavy cream, peanut butter and two big scoops of my chocolate whey. Easily 500 or 600 calories with a lot of protein and fat. After that I watched the Red Sox get a solid win and then went to bed, early.

I was asleep by 10, so I didn't feel bad about getting up at 5:30 to go to the gym this morning. I just did a quick HIIT session on the elliptical. 5 minute warmup and then 15 minutes of intervals, fast as I can for 1 minute (200 RPM) and then a minute of rest (120-130 RPM), repeat until the 20 minute mark. Then a 5 minute cooldown. Killer. I get an afterburn feeling from HIIT that I don't get from anything else. My face gets red and hot and stays that way for at least an hour afterward. It is crazy. Must be burning something...

Then I got home and made myself 4 fried eggs for breakfast. Now I am at work, with a cup of green tea, excited about a full day of keto eating today. I think the 24 hours after lifting should include lots of quality protein and nutrients for your body to build and repair itself. Maybe a big spinach salad for lunch today... not sure about dinner yet.

Have a great day everyone! Life is beautiful!

-PP

So, yeah, I did enjoy my full day of keto eating yesterday. 4 fried eggs for breakfast (man, is there a better food for you than eggs?). For lunch, I had a big spinach salad with grilled chicken, almond slivers, bacon, a little cheddar and a hard-boiled egg. Yum.

Then, when I got home from work I had a little pre-dinner snack of a few handfuls of mixed nuts. I love nuts too. Dinner was a decent amount of meat from a rotisserie chicken, some sauteed asparagus and, just for good measure, two fried eggs. Love me some eggs.

Anyway, even after all of that eating, I woke up a pound lighter today than yesterday. The body is so interesting. I know asparagus has a diuretic effect on me, so I am sure it is just water, but interesting nonetheless.

As much as I enjoyed my eating yesterday, I am also going to enjoy my fast today. No food until dinner tonight, probably 7 pm. Just green tea and water.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

-PP

V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Been a while since I stopped by here...

Wow, good work on the 50 lb loss! I've lost 50 lbs myself (took over 2 years!!) and am trying to break 300 on the scale now, almost there. I know it's just a numeric mental barrier, but it always feels good to hit those numbers and watch them go down. I'm looking at another 50 to see what it looks like.

I go running twice a week (more like a slow, lumbering jog!!), and that helps a lot. Hitting the weights three times a week keeps me from losing muscle. It's a lot of work, but worth it.

Congrats!

Scott
    I'm Batman.

Okay, I'm not.

Here's a frog.

@..@
    (----)
    ( )-( )
    o0..0o

Originally Posted by blabber View Post
    Been a while since I stopped by here...

Wow, good work on the 50 lb loss! I've lost 50 lbs myself (took over 2 years!!) and am trying to break 300 on the scale now, almost there. I know it's just a numeric mental barrier, but it always feels good to hit those numbers and watch them go down. I'm looking at another 50 to see what it looks like.

I go running twice a week (more like a slow, lumbering jog!!), and that helps a lot. Hitting the weights three times a week keeps me from losing muscle. It's a lot of work, but worth it.

Congrats!

Scott
    Thanks man. It has taken me a long time too. I don't think I lose any slower than most people, I just slip up more often.

Keep at it, you'll get there!

-PP

Good morning. I was getting hungry yesterday around 2 pm, so I ate. I like to listen to my body. I am trying to figure out the difference between two types of hunger... the mental type and the physical type. The type that your brain sends to your gut and the type your gut sends to your brain. I was feeling legitimate hunger around 2 yesterday so I had a big spinach salad with bacon, cheddar, almonds, chicken and an egg. Tasty.

Dinner was some kielbasa and cheddar cheese. Most people would find that gross. I loved every bite of it. I threw in 3 cod liver oil caps and called it a meal.

Today I am again trying to fast until my workout at 6 pm. Then, afterward I am going out to dinner with my fiance and another couple to an Asian place. I am going to eat some carbs. It has been a little while and I think after a fasted workout is a perfect time to go for it.

-PP

Delphene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Delphene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Delphene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Delphene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Delphene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Delphene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Delphene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Delphene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Delphene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Delphene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Delphene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am suffering from my terrible back spasms again. Awful. I am keeping the diet in check, but can't really do any physical activity. Laid up on muscle relaxers and painkillers for a few days.
    -PP
    I use a chelated mineral supplement and since then I have had no problems with spasms. I get those spasms in the abs and quads being close to stage ready and the mineral supp REALLY makes a difference.

Oh and regarding the hunger thing, it was a sign I needed more fiber so I increased my psyllium husk and ground flax seed amounts and walla....hunger no more...not at all...not even around the 3 hour mark when I was literally counting the minutes to my next meal. just my few cents worth.
    "Lazy is what the obsessed call the dedicated"
    NO one is BORN motivated and disciplined. It is like a muscle and has to be exercised. Find what moves you and let that motivate you. Discover what keeps you disciplined and let that keep you OUT OF THE FRIDGE!

BrianRobins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrianRobins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrianRobins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrianRobins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrianRobins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrianRobins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrianRobins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrianRobins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrianRobins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrianRobins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrianRobins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Subbed

Originally Posted by BrianRobins View Post
    Subbed
    Welcome!

So, this weekend has gone pretty well. Friday night I went to the gym after work and lifted biceps and back. It was the first time I had worked out my back since my last serious back spasm. Things went well. I didn't go all out, but I worked it pretty hard. Woke up with a bit of DOMS, but nothing more serious than that. Phew.

Then after the workout, my fiance and I went out to dinner with another couple and went to a sushi place. I decided it was going to be a one-meal dirty carbup. I had a few beers, some sushi, salad, a few dumplings, etc. I had a few Girl Scout cookies when I got home, but all in all, probably not enough carbs to make much of a difference, but definitely enough to knock me out of ketosis.

I woke up Saturday morning feeling good and went to the gym to get in a quick HIIT session before breakfast to help get back into ketosis faster. It was a good session, worked hard and added a minute on to my usual HIIT routine. Had some eggs and bacon for breakfast, and then walked to the bike shop to pick up my tuned up bike. My fiance and I then rode our bikes for a good two hours or so, at a casual pace, but awesome nonetheless.

I made buffalo wings for dinner last night with some broccoli and a side salad. Delicious and nutritious. I had a few glasses of red wine at a friend's house in the evening, so not a perfect day in diet and exercise terms, but pretty darn close.

Then this morning I woke up and went to the gym again, lifting my legs and abs. It felt good. Had some more eggs and bacon for breakfast after the gym today and we are having some sausage and peppers tonight for dinner. Probably a little too much processed meat and not enough real stuff, but the bacon is uncured, so I feel a little bit better about that.

Anyway, things are going well. I am up on the scale today, but hopefully that is just some water from Friday that I need to get rid of. I hope to see some progress for my weigh-in day on Wednesday.

-PP

Not really any news to update... my sausage and peppers with broccoli in a garlic white wine sauce was as delicious as it sounds.

I do want to get this bit out on paper though...

I am pretty sure I have a wheat allergy. I honestly believe that wheat is basically poisonous to humans in any form, but that is a bit of an extreme position that I won't try to defend here. I will however, talk about myself a bit.

Any time I eat wheat or wheat-based products (beer too) I get an upset stomach (with various unsavory symptoms) that lasts for at least 2 or 3 days. Friday night (for carbup) I had a bunch of pretzels and about 3 beers. I had various stomach issues continuing until this morning. I think I may have an allergy. Is this something that a doctor can test for easily? Anyone know?

OK, in the mean time, I am going to eliminate wheat from my diet.

-PP

Work in Progress.... Shhmmooove's Avatar
    Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am trying to figure out the difference between two types of hunger... the mental type and the physical type. The type that your brain sends to your gut and the type your gut sends to your brain. -PP

Mate, we're on a wavelength here, I was thinking about the exact same thing and I had to do exactly that yesterday - I think my weightloss may have stalled a little. Dont think I am taking in enough calories. It coincided with me running out of organic PB at my desk which I feed on when I get the stomach calling pains - water only does so much.

Also cutting back on the green tea - my usual 4 cups a day seem to dehydrate me (the diuretic effect) towards the evening time, which is not good as I work out around 8pm (little choice) and I reckon my body hangs on its water over night.

Anyway PP, you're keeping it decidedly real. Good man.
    =========================

"Never argue with idiots. They only bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Thanks Shhmmooove.

I am trying to keep it real. Real clean. But I had a tough couple of days. I am studying for this exam and taking a class. And the class is all day for 5 days and provides free food. And I am kind of captive to the food they offer. And the only food they offer is carbohydrates. And lots of them. And really dirty ones too. So I gave in. I screwed up. Two days gone. But that is over.

I am back in it yet again. Three more days of this class, but I am just going to eat a big breakfast of eggs early in the morning and then not eat all day while I am there and try to get in some meat and a green vegetable at night. Not easy, but I have to do it. I don't want to set myself back. Not going to make it to the gym for the next three days, so diet is critical.

I definitely avoided the scale yesterday despite it being weigh-in day. We'll see what next Wednesday brings.

Have a good one.

-PP

Hello all...

The last three days of class went much better than the first two. I fasted during the days and waited to eat until I got home. Then I feasted. It is amazing to me sometimes how easy it is for me to eat 2,000 calories in an hour. Really not a problem. Almonds and steak will get you there rather quickly.

I haven't been to the gym in a while, but I knew that was going to happen. My test is coming up, June 7th, and I really need to buckle down and make an attempt to pass, so I am not going to be able to lift as much as I would like in the next few weeks, but I will keep the diet as tight as I can. I will hopefully still lift twice a week, but will keep it clean keto with some occasional intermittent fasting to keep my body guessing.

Not sure what the scale is going to say on Wednesday. I was up a few pounds this Wednesday, so hopefully I will at least be back to where I was two weeks ago, my recent-history low of 272. I would like to get a bit lower, but can't expect much without working out.

Anyway, just a quick update, things are going well again.

Have a great night everyone!

-PP

I just wanted to add that I went for a nice, 45 minute bike ride last night with a few serious hills thrown into the mix. I have read that a walk after dinner can improve digestion... wonder about a bike ride...lol. Anyway, I was dripping by the end and my legs were throbbing.

I love the feeling of riding a bike. The wind in your face when you get going fast, seeing the world without the pane of glass in the middle, the feeling of accomplishment when you crest a hill... so much better than being in a gym doing cardio or being in a car moving. I wish the weather were nice year round up here in the Northeast US...

-PP

Quick update before tomorrow's official weigh-in day...

Yesterday went well. I fasted until "dinner" at about 5:30 pm. Then I sort of ate two meals. The first was a pile of almonds and some cheese and salami, probably about 1,000 calories. The second was a big bowl of turkey taco salad around 7:30 pm, easily another 1,200-1,300 calories. Delicious.

I am fasting again today until my workout tonight (chest, triceps and shoulders), then I will be eating tonight and all day tomorrow to get a steady flow of nutrients to my muscles as they try to repair and rebuild.

Have a great day everyone! See you all tomorrow for the official weigh-in!

-PP