Thread: Keto foods?

msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50) msucurt will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Keto foods?

Could someone please post a link or ALL foods that are acceptable on CKD diet. I know someone has posted this before, but i cannot find it for the life of me. It was copied and pasted here and had all meats, veggies, nuts, etc. that is ok to eat on keto. Im going shopping tonite and just wanted to print this out and go.

Also, could someone help me with how many maintenance calories and macro breakdown i need. I am just a little confused here. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction in terms of this. I am 5'11, 195 and 16% BF. Just wanna make sure i am correct.

I think a list of foods that will kick you out of ketosis would be a pretty good sticky also, just so people would know what NOT to eat while on keto. JMO.

Thanks so much for the help

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Go to the page in my sig, on the front page there are lists of acceptable foods. There are calculators both here and there to do the maths for you too.

Foods i'd avoid are just basically carb foods, milk, carrots, cooked tomatoes, anything with aspartame or citric acid. All the rest are pretty much common sense.

No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs down

I agree about the sticky... There should be a list. It would probably put an end to most of the "can I have" threads.

The keto diet sample sticky kind of sucks. It's too long, nobody is going to read all through it. And some people posted things they shouldn't have been eating.

jay4812 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jay4812 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jay4812 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by chimponarope View Post
    Go to the page in my sig, on the front page there are lists of acceptable foods. There are calculators both here and there to do the maths for you too.

Foods i'd avoid are just basically carb foods, milk, carrots, cooked tomatoes, anything with aspartame or citric acid. All the rest are pretty much common sense.
    I know this is an older post but I just did a search for ketogenic diets... Why is milk a no no. It does have like 17g of carbs, but what if that is the only thing you allow yourself, especially in a protein shake?
    Do, or do not. There is no try. -Yoda

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jay4812 View Post
    I know this is an older post but I just did a search for ketogenic diets... Why is milk a no no. It does have like 17g of carbs, but what if that is the only thing you allow yourself, especially in a protein shake?
    Milk is not good in a protein shake, because it slows down digestion of your shake. That's one meal you want as fast as possible. The rest of the time, it's wasted carbs. For the carbs in one glass of milk, you could be eating a bucket load of broccoli and spinach and green beans and cauliflower.

If it's just a splash of milk in tea, then fine, but not as a drink.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by No0b View Post
    I agree about the sticky... There should be a list. It would probably put an end to most of the "can I have" threads.

The keto diet sample sticky kind of sucks. It's too long, nobody is going to read all through it. And some people posted things they shouldn't have been eating.
    Well if any one is serious about taking up KETO and learning then they should read " keto diet samples " People are here to help but not hand it out on a plate. (Pardon the pun)
    Where to go and what to do?!

HIIT the GYM & TRAIN!!

fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is some stuff i got from " Keto diet samples".
    Good Foods:
    All Fish: Tuna, Salmon, Sole, Trout, Flounder, Sardines, Herring, Anchovies
    All Meat: Beef, Pork, Lamb, Veal, Venison, Ham*, Bacon*
    All Fowl: Chicken, Turkey, Duck, Goose, Cornish Hen, Quail, Pheasant
    All Shellfish: Oysters, Crabmeat, Shrimp, Lobster, Clams, Squid, Mussels
    All Eggs: Scrambled, Fried, Poached, Deviled, Hard-boiled, Soft-boiled, Omelettes

*Processed meats, such as ham, bacon, pepperoni, salami, hot dogs and other luncheon meats may have added sugar and will contribute carbs. Try to avoid meat and fish products cured with nitrates.

Cheeses: Cheddar, Cream Cheese, Swiss, Mozzarella, Gouda, Goat, Blue Cheeses
    Low-Carb Vegetables: Peppers, Mushrooms, Celery, Cucumber, Lettuce, Romaine Lettuce, Radishes, Bok Choy, Parsley
    Low-Moderate Carb Vegetables: Artichoke, Asparagus, Snow Peas, Spinach, Broccoli, Spaghetti Squash, Eggplant, Brussel Sprouts, Tomato, Cabbage, Turnips, Onion, Zucchini, Cauliflower
    Salad Garnishes: Grated Cheese, Sour Cream, Hard-Boiled Egg, Mushrooms, Bacon, Oil, Vinegar, Full-Fat Salad Dressing
    Herbs & Spices: All Spices, Garlic, Basil, Pepper, Dill, Thyme, Oregano, Ginger, Rosemary, Sage
    Fats & Oils: Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Canola Oil, Walnut Oil, Soybean Oil, Grape seed Oil, Sesame Oil, Sunflower Oil, Safflower Oil, Butter
    Beverages: Filtered, Mineral, Spring, Tap Water, Club Soda, Heavy Cream, Decaf Coffee, Decaf Tea, Herb Tea, Lemon Juice

1) Pick out the foods you like
    2) Input them in appropriate portion sizes on fitday.com
    3) Try and make the macros come to around 2000 cal’s, 60-65% fat, 30-35% protein and 5% carbs

Breakfast: herb, cheese or avocado omelette.
    Snack: handful of almonds / coffee with heavy cream.
    Lunch: fish and salad or green vegetables.
    Snack: PWO shake (if lifting weights) or cheese and celery.
    Dinner: steak and plenty of green vegetables, garlic butter.
    Supper: avocado / nuts / cold meat / cottage cheese / flaxseed bread

Bad Foods:

Avoid Sugar: Instead, use artifical sweetners such as sucralose or saccharin

Avoid The Following: Bread, Pasta, Grains, Fruit, Starchy vegetables or Dairy products other than cheese, cream, or butter. Do not eat Margarine or any other foods with hydrogenated oils (trans-fats).

*Do not eat nuts or seeds in large amounts, as they often have too much carbohydrates. Foods that combine protein and carbohydrates, such as chickpeas, kidney beans and other legumes, are not permitted.

Avoid "Low-Fat": Foods that claim to be "reduced-calorie" or "low-fat" are often packed with sugar. Avoid them at all costs.
    Where to go and what to do?!

HIIT the GYM & TRAIN!!