Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kevin Levrone not heading in a good direction....

Apparently, both of Kevin's parents died of cancer by the time he was 23. I hate to say this but cancer DOES run in his family....and does'nt say much for his future.

When I was watching the "Maryland Muscle Machine", I was wondering why Mr. and Mrs. Smith called themselves Kevin's "Mama and Papa", even though they were'nt his real parents - now I know why.

It's such a shame because Kevin is a bodybuilding legend....and it would be terrible to end it that way.
    Attached Images

flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Kevin is one of my favorite bodybuilder,I hope he doesnt get the big C anyways it dont mean he will get it.

Extreme Powerbuilder Natural Science's Avatar
    Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mt great grandpa died of a heart attack when he was 45, and my grandfather is 83 years old still going strong. Just because his parents had cancer doesnt mean he will. Cancer isnt genetic anyway, heart disease is.

Kevin is indeed past his prime as far as competition goes. Hes getting old, losing the fire and thats cool. He competed pro for over a decade and he had a great career. Props to him!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got...

aint nuthin but a peanut weightshead's Avatar
    weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Kevin Levrone not heading in a good direction....

Originally posted by Danz
    Apparently, both of Kevin's parents died of cancer by the time he was 23. I hate to say this but cancer DOES run in his family....and does'nt say much for his future.

When I was watching the "Maryland Muscle Machine", I was wondering why Mr. and Mrs. Smith called themselves Kevin's "Mama and Papa", even though they were'nt his real parents - now I know why.

It's such a shame because Kevin is a bodybuilding legend....and it would be terrible to end it that way.
    id say your being a bit pessimistic!
    21 / 6ft / 215lbs

RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099
    Only time will tell, bro, it's possible Kevin will experience cancer in his lifetime, though also possible he will not. Plus, what's to say that with his physical strengths and determination he couldn't overcome it like Lance Armstrong? When I opened this thread, I thought it was about Kevin's more immediate future: performing 2 hours of cardio a day to lose as much weight (fat and muscle) as possible to be a cover model for magazines like Men's Fitness, as well as start a career in acting (I read this over on the Muscle Mayhem forums). That, I would say, is the wrong direction for a guy who is without a doubt one of the best bodybuilders in the history of the sport. Peace!

urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, he hadn't been placing well as of his last couple of shows......IMO and a lot of others he needed to retire. Not to say he still didn't look good, but he was finishing out of the top spots in all of his contests, something that didn't happen to him when he was younger. He had his prime, and the era is no longer his. Its just how it goes.

So maybe he just felt it was time for a change of venues. Nothing wrong with that, he will always be remembered for what he accomplished in bodybuilding. At least he isn't going to be like so many others who just keep competing and competing when its obvious they are done, and then no one remember them in their prime. Hes fine guys; Kevin Levrone is not someone we all need to worry about IMO. I'm sure he is aware of what happened to his parents, and maybe that has something to do with why he is getting out of the hardcore BBing....you never know.

JMO.

dans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

!

Levrone is a true champ

brendan_192 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

kevin

kevine levrone is and always will be one of the greatest bodybuilders to ever stand on a bodybuilding stage he had/has awesome size AND aesthetics. ill admit that at the 03 olympia kevin was definetly not at his best but doesnt he only train for like 2-4 months before a show and takes the rest of the yr off i think he looked prety ****in good considering that

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Too bad. I always felt that Levrone had one of the best combinations of aesthetics and bulk of all time to me.

Location: Playing Hide and Go Seek with Osama Bin Laden, DAMN! hes good!
    marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kevin has the best shoulders of all time IMO

he is not anywher near my favorite becuz he gets lazy and only trains for 6 months a year at most. sometimes 4 he says.

I love his physique but if he took all year to bring his legs up hed place in the top 3 no doubt.

also he goes down to 220 pounds at 5'9-5'10 in the offseason which is still huge, but way under his contest wieght.

RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099

Re: kevin

Originally posted by brendan_192
    kevine levrone is and always will be one of the greatest bodybuilders to ever stand on a bodybuilding stage he had/has awesome size AND aesthetics. ill admit that at the 03 olympia kevin was definetly not at his best but doesnt he only train for like 2-4 months before a show and takes the rest of the yr off i think he looked prety ****in good considering that
    Not only has Kevin only trained for three or four months prior to most of the shows he has entered in the past four years (since the '00 Olympia), but he competed at the 2004 Mr. O with a torn tricep...sixth place considering that shows he is truly a world-class athlete. Peace!

goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IMO its a shame that Kevin didnt get at least ONE sandow.

nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by goth666
    IMO its a shame that Kevin didnt get at least ONE sandow.
    damn straight

jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Kevin Levrone not heading in a good direction....

Originally posted by Danz

Like wtf? This sounds like an orbituary!

Morbid and really unnecessary, Danz ...

While cancer is genetic, that doesn't mean Kevin is going to get it.

Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont think Kevin had the desire to win the O. He had the genetics no doubt, but its just like Flex Wheeler. He was good, but he was sloppy. He goofed around in the offseason when he couldve added serious mass. If he would train like past Mr. Olympias (Dorian, Haney, Arnold, Coleman) he would be Mr. Olympia, and the same goes for Flex. But neither truly had that desire.

goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    I dont think Kevin had the desire to win the O. He had the genetics no doubt, but its just like Flex Wheeler. He was good, but he was sloppy. He goofed around in the offseason when he couldve added serious mass. If he would train like past Mr. Olympias (Dorian, Haney, Arnold, Coleman) he would be Mr. Olympia, and the same goes for Flex. But neither truly had that desire.

i wonder if Dillet would have stood a chance winning the O if he had the drive. he sure came in good condition, and had one of the best tapers for his size.

Originally posted by goth666
    i wonder if Dillet would have stood a chance winning the O if he had the drive. he sure came in good condition, and had one of the best tapers for his size.

Bump. He would be the most hated Mr. Olympia ever though. LOL.

Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Re: Re: Kevin Levrone not heading in a good direction....

Originally posted by jay81
    Like wtf? This sounds like an orbituary!

Morbid and really unnecessary, Danz ...

While cancer is genetic, that doesn't mean Kevin is going to get it.
    Sorry about that, I did'nt mean it to sound so solemn.

About the cancer, If BOTH of your parents died of cancer....then you have a pretty good damn chance that you're going to get it too. I hope I'm wrong, but these are the facts. "GENETIC" = Through your parents.

aint nuthin but a peanut weightshead's Avatar
    weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightshead is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink Re: Re: kevin

Originally posted by RealDeal2099
    Not only has Kevin only trained for three or four months prior to most of the shows he has entered in the past four years (since the '00 Olympia), but he competed at the 2004 Mr. O with a torn tricep...sixth place considering that shows he is truly a world-class athlete. Peace!
    he doesnt train year round?!?!?

what kind of a bodybuilder is he?

**ducks for cover**
    21 / 6ft / 215lbs

williebeaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    Mt great grandpa died of a heart attack when he was 45, and my grandfather is 83 years old still going strong. Just because his parents had cancer doesnt mean he will. Cancer isnt genetic anyway, heart disease is.

Kevin is indeed past his prime as far as competition goes. Hes getting old, losing the fire and thats cool. He competed pro for over a decade and he had a great career. Props to him!
    actually cancer is somewhat genetic, he would have a good chance of getting it and will have to watch out in the future just like anybody else should even if they dont have a family history of it, specially with taking growth hormone aswell cant imagin that would have helped to much

Thumbs up

Originally posted by williebeaman
    actually cancer is somewhat genetic, he would have a good chance of getting it and will have to watch out in the future just like anybody else should even if they dont have a family history of it, specially with taking growth hormone aswell cant imagin that would have helped to much

good points!

marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50) marc0g will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loookkkkk kein plans to be awsome at the 2004 olympia \

A recent visit to his orthopedic surgeon after six months of rest confirmed that the injury is 100% healed and that Kevin can resume heavy lifting and squatting for the first time in many years. For those who thought Kevin's lifts in his highly acclaimed video "Maryland Muscle Machine" were outrageous (100 lb curls, 495 bench), be forewarned: YOU AINT SEEN NOTHIN' YET! According to Kevin, "That stuff in M3 was a joke. I used to bench 585 for triples and squat 755 for reps back in the day. With the okay from my doctor, fans should expect to see something special this October. Think Markus Ruhl meets Shawn Ray as far as the best combination of size and shape."

nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    that was written before kevin decided action-movie star was a better career path.

Originally posted by nin10dude
    that was written before kevin decided action-movie star was a better career path.

DAMMMMIITTTT

you people have to tell me these things

thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Re: Re: kevin

Originally posted by RealDeal2099
    I've always thought if anyone were to come forward and state once and for all that massive amounts of steroids are what make bodybuilders great it would be Kevin. At least the guy doesn't bull**** and lie about his" hard work ethic."
    I'm not trying to flame here, but I think all of us would like to train for 4 months and walk out on stage and compete in the O. And he would place to boot!!! All after 4 months of work???
    Great genetics my ass !!!

williebeaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Re: kevin

Originally posted by thickjerk
    I've always thought if anyone were to come forward and state once and for all that massive amounts of steroids are what make bodybuilders great it would be Kevin. At least the guy doesn't bull**** and lie about his" hard work ethic."
    I'm not trying to flame here, but I think all of us would like to train for 4 months and walk out on stage and compete in the O. And he would place to boot!!! All after 4 months of work???
    hmm i would say it's great genetics most pros would work preety hard all year around, while kevin can just go back on the gear which would be just the same amounts as everyone else if not less cause his receptors would be fresh and come in just as good as the top guys if not betta, sounds like very good genetics to me, plus he wouldnt always have been like this, to build up what he had he would have worked his ass most of the year its just now he can rely on muscle memory

Eat, Drink and be Merry.. jayvee's Avatar
    jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)

all the top pros take large amounts of gear, so the fact you pointed out that he can do so well after only 4 months of training shows EXACTLY why Kevin has great genetics.

personally, i like Kevins training philosophy. where many guys train all year round, but for alot of that time half ass it, Kevin trains towards a goal, in this case, the Mr O, and goes balls to the wall for 4 months solid. Some do indeed train solidly for much of the year, but many others do half ass it for a while, then train hard before a comp and claim to train all year round..

Re: Re: Re: Re: kevin

Originally posted by jayvee
    all the top pros take large amounts of gear, so the fact you pointed out that he can do so well after only 4 months of training shows EXACTLY why Kevin has great genetics.

personally, i like Kevins training philosophy. where many guys train all year round, but for alot of that time half ass it, Kevin trains towards a goal, in this case, the Mr O, and goes balls to the wall for 4 months solid. Some do indeed train solidly for much of the year, but many others do half ass it for a while, then train hard before a comp and claim to train all year round..

coleman busts his ass year round

dillet/wheeler/cormier are rumored to train half ass.

Dude, Kevins a lean 210-220 in the offseason with no gear and no lifting of weights. wtf do you consider good genetics if not that?

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

You're kidding right? It's physically impossible even with steroids to achieve the size of the TOP pros without great genetics....