Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Update, and Sleep Problems :(

Hey guys - don't know if this is the rite section, but I'll give it a shot, and move it later if need be. Anyways, the first part of this is going to be a sorta update for my bulk and then I'm going to address a very serious problem I'm having. If you don't want to hear about my bulk, then just jump down to "Part II" and you can read about my Sleeping Problems.

Part I. Ok. I don't know if anyone was paying attention to me when I started, or if anyone even cared, but I start my bulk at the beginning of June (not so much the VERY begging as my diet took some tweaking). Anyways, I got my clean bulk started off, but I didn't realize you were supposed to "tamper up" the carbs and calories. So, within the first week I had gained 7lbs due to extra water retention from the increased carbs (over 100 more then before), muscle glycogen stores filling up, and a good amount of fat from the 1000> calorie jump.

Good news is, I got everything in check, and just recently got my full 5day spit all worked out out (which I'm starting next week). My fat as returned to normal, but the weight is still 170.6 (from 161.8) so that means LBM noob gains

Part II Now for the bad news.. I'm having MAJOR sleep issues that started since I stopped my school routine. I used to get to bed around 11:30pm and wake up at 5:00am during school (this is why I never got anywhere + my diet). Now I'm trying to do a 10:00pm to 7:30am, but my body doesn't want to go to sleep until 11:30-12:00pm, and even then still wants to wake up at 6:00-7:00am..

Also, just recently I've been having mad hunger pains in the middle of the night. Which is weird as hell because this is my bedtime meal:

1 1/2 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese
    2 Tbs Skimpy Natural PNB
    4 Fish Oil Caps

Calories: 490
    Fat: 22
    Protein: 49
    Carbs: 24 (mostly all lactose for the CC)

With all that.. and I still have hunger pains? It's just ****ing crazy, and I don't know what to do! Anyone who actually took the time to read all this - can you please help?
    The only time you'll ever see 'success' before 'work' is in the dictionary

OGZERS, it's been 3 hours and 6 minutes since my last meal, teh biceptz are going catabawlick!!!!

Bodybuilding is simple, not easy..

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When do you workout and when is your last intake of anything that contains caffeine?

As for the "pains", is it really hunger or is it a stomach ache?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    When do you workout and when is your last intake of anything that contains caffeine?

As for the "pains", is it really hunger or is it a stomach ache?
    I workout at 5:00pm, and I ingest caffeine 30min before my workout (4:30pm). I'm pretty sure it's not the caffeine, more like restless mind syndrome. If their is such a thing..

Umm.. I don't know what a stomach ache feels like, but I'm wake up at like three in the morning with my stomach hurting, and a cup of milk seems to make it stop.

OGZERS, it's been 3 hours and 6 minutes since my last meal, teh biceptz are going catabawlick!!!!

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BabyBodybuilder View Post
    I workout at 5:00pm, and I ingest caffeine 30min before my workout (4:30pm). I'm pretty sure it's not the caffeine, more like restless mind syndrome. If their is such a thing..

Umm.. I don't know what a stomach ache feels like, but I'm wake up at like three in the morning with my stomach hurting, and a cup of milk seems to make it stop.
    Depending on how much you take, it can take 6+ hours for caffeine to clear - which could lead to your "restless mind". How much do you take?

Do you have anything to drink right before bed? Do you wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom? Do you drink anything before you go back to bed? Is the feeling like acid relux or heartburn?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Depending on how much you take, it can take 6+ hours for caffeine to clear - which could lead to your "restless mind". How much do you take?

Do you have anything to drink right before bed? Do you wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom? Do you drink anything before you go back to bed? Is the feeling like acid relux or heartburn?
    I don't know how much caffeine is in White Flood, but I take that and an Power Edge 180mg. Kinda hard to answer this, because CL won't say how much is in White Flood..

To be honest, when this whole thing started I first turned to getting sleep aid supplements. 30min before bed, I take 600mg Valarine Root and 3mg Malatonin, but this isn't helping. Also, my multi (NOW Adam has 55mg ZMA which I take 3hours before bed. I don't have anything other to drink other thin that sip of water to get the pills down, but that's it. I do go to the bathroom after I got the milk though, and I know it's not Heart Burn but I don't know what Acid Reflux is..

boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're bulking...if your body's hungry, EAT! If I have to wakeup to pee I go downstairs and get some cottage cheese & skim milk (i'm on a cut now, add PB for the bulk). While you're sleeping is the only time you're not ingesting food every 3 hours so if you're awake anyways you might as well.

As far as the getting to sleep thing it might take a month or more of you laying in bed every night to get your body out of the old routine and into the new. Maybe try working out a little bit harder so your body is more exhausted?
    Use coupon code BEARD for 5% off your order at truenutrition.com

♂Nice Ass Crew♀

Originally Posted by boosteddatsun View Post
    You're bulking...if your body's hungry, EAT! If I have to wakeup to pee I go downstairs and get some cottage cheese & skim milk (i'm on a cut now, add PB for the bulk). While you're sleeping is the only time you're not ingesting food every 3 hours so if you're awake anyways you might as well.

As far as the getting to sleep thing it might take a month or more of you laying in bed every night to get your body out of the old routine and into the new. Maybe try working out a little bit harder so your body is more exhausted?
    Pretty hard to know when my body's exhausted because of the Beta Alanine, but I go for a whole hour with minimal rest in between sets. So, I pretty sure I hit it hard, and I sometime feel like sleeping afterward, but when it comes time to actually go to sleep my bodies wide awake..

P.S. I take White Flood pre and Purple Wraath during.

Recklessbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Part I. ...I didn't realize you were supposed to "tamper up" the carbs and calories. So, within the first week I had gained 7lbs due to extra water retention from the increased carbs (over 100 more then before), muscle glycogen stores filling up, and a good amount of fat from the 1000> calorie jump.
    I bulked last fall from around September - November / early December and had great success tapering up the calories. I kept very strict tract of how much I'd eaten to make sure I got enough. The diet that worked well for me was increasing each week by about 200 for the first five weeks, and then gradually increasing by about a 100 each week that I didn't see the growth I wanted. I saw incredible gains, plus you don't put the stress on your body from jumping up so many calories so fast, allowing for less fat accumulation.

Part II Now for the bad news.. I'm having MAJOR sleep issues that started since I stopped my school routine. I used to get to bed around 11:30pm and wake up at 5:00am during school (this is why I never got anywhere + my diet). Now I'm trying to do a 10:00pm to 7:30am, but my body doesn't want to go to sleep until 11:30-12:00pm, and even then still wants to wake up at 6:00-7:00am..
    A lot of times when you're on a very rigorous schedule, your body takes time to adjust. I'm assuming you just recently got out of the school schedule and I'd recommend waiting another week or so to get really nervous about the awkward sleep schedule shift. In terms of the hunger issues, your pre-bed meal looks really good, but if it's not enough you could always try a great pre-bed shake made with straight casein (though cottage cheese has casein, obviously a casein shake would have more) and you could even throw the PB right in there. Use some milk and you'd have a very nice, high-fat/high-protein, slow digesting meal. It always kept me through the night when I was bulking! I'm skeptical about ZMA, I still don't believe that it's worth taking, it kinda just puts your body in a funk. Try waiting it out a week or so, and if your body doesn't adjust and the shake doesn't work, get back at us.

Hope that helped!
    -DT

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if ur hungry in the middle of the night just have some water.. water fills u up like no other.. but since ur on a bulk and im on a bulk we should probably have some kind of protein source or something for extra cals

i know i wake up in the middle of the night all the time to pee and i just take a few sips of water

my pre bed snack/last meal: is 1 cup of FF cottage cheese 1 TBSP PB 23g of protein, 10g of carbs and 16g of fat 240 cals

that binds me over to the morning which is my biggest meal of the day

2 cups ( about 2 3/4 servings) of special K protein plus
    6-8 oz of skim milk
    1 scoop of whey in 6 oz water
    1 banana

thats my pre workout meal which is definitely great before working out.. good source of carbs and a good amnt of protein with minimal fat

great before hitting the gym IMO

but for as ur bulk.. why dont u list ur diet and the times u eat instead of telling us what happened..

point it out maybe we can help a bit body.. im always here to help ya if i can

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    but for as ur bulk.. why dont u list ur diet and the times u eat instead of telling us what happened..
    Would love to post my diet, but I made the whole thing up in Excel, and they don't allow that format here. I just host it on Google, but I don't know if you can view it.. I'll give it another try~

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...gVNKA&hl=en_US

Like I thought - You need an account.. Well, you can make a free one if you want to see it..
    Last edited by BabyBodybuilder; 06-14-2007 at 06:21 AM.

Recklessbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great diet- I was very impressed, it's the complete cookie-cutter mass gain diet, and your ratios are all very good. Too bad I had a seizure while reading it from the insane colors, otherwise I would've given props on the spreadsheet, as well.
    -DT

Originally Posted by Recklessbat View Post
    Great diet- I was very impressed, it's the complete cookie-cutter mass gain diet, and your ratios are all very good. Too bad I had a seizure while reading it from the insane colors, otherwise I would've given props on the spreadsheet, as well.
    Hey thanks! It messed up the colors though.. looked fine before the upload

^Bump

Besides the caffeine... What time do you stop playing on the computer at night before going to bed? You might try spending 30 minutes relaxing / meditating before bed.

Also, what temperature is your bedroom - being in Fl you have AC right? How about noise? Wear earplugs?

Besides the caffeine... What time do you stop playing on the computer at night before going to bed? You might try spending 30 minutes relaxing / meditating before bed.

Also, what temperature is your bedroom - being in Fl you have AC right? How about noise? Wear earplugs?
    It's acutally really hot at night, but I use a desk fan, the noise would be the fan, and I'm usually go to bed an hour after eating and probably 10min after getting off the computer. I guess I could try 30min

It's acutally really hot at night, but I use a desk fan, the noise would be the fan, and I'm usually go to bed an hour after eating and probably 10min after getting off the computer. I guess I could try 30min
    LOL... that's probably a good start... your mind is probably still going a mile a minute...

I wear earplugs when I go to bed - dead silence and I'm out like a broken light bulb.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is a no brainer. Stop the caffeine and see if you feel better.

However, you may just not need that much sleep. Not everyone need 8 hours; some people are fine on 6.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    This is a no brainer. Stop the caffeine and see if you feel better.

However, you may just not need that much sleep. Not everyone need 8 hours; some people are fine on 6.
    I may not need the sleep, but I still want it! Caffeine's not the problem, because I have the same problem on my non-workout days and I had it during my cycle off week also.

Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I may not need the sleep, but I still want it! Caffeine's not the problem, because I have the same problem on my non-workout days and I had it during my cycle off week also.
    When you wake up, do you feel rested? Are you sleepy during the day?
    No sir, I don't like it.

Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    When you wake up, do you feel rested? Are you sleepy during the day?
    To be honest, I've never had a problem with feeling tired during the day even when I used to only get 3h a night. I did feel sluggish before because I was on low carbs and fats, but now that my carbs and fats are pretty high, I don't really have a problem with energy or feeling tired. I can't say that I'm feeling rested, but I don't feel like I could sleep another +4hours (maybe another hour or so) - if that's what you mean

Sounds like you are getting enough sleep. Why fight your body and try to sleep more? You are one of the lucky ones.
    No sir, I don't like it.

i would suggest maybe putting a blanket over ur window to keep the light out especially in Florida.. that sun is damn bright.. also caffiene at all will effect u and keep u up.. i know u said it doesnt affect u but in ur body it is just a bit..

try to get to bed 20-30 minutes after eating ur last meal not waiting an hour or so.. i know i have the same problem cause i eat at like 10-10:15 and i dont get out of work till 11.. come home pack up all my **** for the next day.. shower etc etc and by then its midnight and then im up at 5:30

so getting a bunch of sleep sucks for me too

im lucky to get 6 hours on any night of the week! def wish i could get more.. schedule is just such a bitch

but ur diet looks great man! tons of clean foods.

Maybe try to change up haviung PB so much and try almonds or olive oils.. a minor detail you could change

also incorporate some more veggies in there .. some more food doesnt hurt and its only going to help u get some more vitamins in minerals in ur body even tho i did see u take multi (good job)

overall .. looks damn good

if u get a chance look over mine in my sig.. and let me know what u think sometime im sure u could point out some errors that im having trying to bulk because i cant gain a single pound

RVA Ironman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RVA Ironman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RVA Ironman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RVA Ironman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RVA Ironman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RVA Ironman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RVA Ironman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RVA Ironman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RVA Ironman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RVA Ironman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RVA Ironman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey guys - don't know if this is the rite section, but I'll give it a shot, and move it later if need be. Anyways, the first part of this is going to be a sorta update for my bulk and then I'm going to address a very serious problem I'm having. If you don't want to hear about my bulk, then just jump down to "Part II" and you can read about my Sleeping Problems.

Part I. Ok. I don't know if anyone was paying attention to me when I started, or if anyone even cared, but I start my bulk at the beginning of June (not so much the VERY begging as my diet took some tweaking). Anyways, I got my clean bulk started off, but I didn't realize you were supposed to "tamper up" the carbs and calories. So, within the first week I had gained 7lbs due to extra water retention from the increased carbs (over 100 more then before), muscle glycogen stores filling up, and a good amount of fat from the 1000> calorie jump.

Good news is, I got everything in check, and just recently got my full 5day spit all worked out out (which I'm starting next week). My fat as returned to normal, but the weight is still 170.6 (from 161.8) so that means LBM noob gains

Also, just recently I've been having mad hunger pains in the middle of the night. Which is weird as hell because this is my bedtime meal:

1 1/2 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese
    2 Tbs Skimpy Natural PNB
    4 Fish Oil Caps

Calories: 490
    Fat: 22
    Protein: 49
    Carbs: 24 (mostly all lactose for the CC)

With all that.. and I still have hunger pains? It's just ****ing crazy, and I don't know what to do! Anyone who actually took the time to read all this - can you please help?
    I've had similar sleep problems in the past bro. Mine resulted from a bit of overtraining & a lack of carbs. My last meal/snack of the day was always just natty pb w/ cottage cheese. I now mix in a small serving of oats or fiber one since I was not getting enough carbs throughout the day. I know there's a million people against these kinds of carbs before bed, but as long as they fit in your macros, I wouldn't worry about it. Since making this small change to my diet and changing up my training routine, I've been sleeping better, looking better, lifting better and feeling better.

Other things that may be affecting your sleep are your mind's activity level before bed. Try finding something relaxing to do before going to sleep. Watching TV and playing around online both keep your mind racing. Try reading a book or listening to some relaxing music. Avoid reading, studying, watching tv, etc. in your bed. The only things your bed should be for are sleep and sex. Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by VTBuffZete View Post

1. I've had similar sleep problems in the past bro. Mine resulted from a bit of overtraining & a lack of carbs. My last meal/snack of the day was always just natty pb w/ cottage cheese. I now mix in a small serving of oats or fiber one since I was not getting enough carbs throughout the day. I know there's a million people against these kinds of carbs before bed, but as long as they fit in your macros, I wouldn't worry about it. Since making this small change to my diet and changing up my training routine, I've been sleeping better, looking better, lifting better and feeling better.

Other things that may be affecting your sleep are your mind's activity level before bed. Try finding something relaxing to do before going to sleep. Watching TV and playing around online both keep your mind racing. Try reading a book or listening to some relaxing music. Avoid reading, studying, watching tv, etc. in your bed.

2. The only things your bed should be for are sleep and sex. Hope this helps!
    #1 soudns quite identical to my situation.. i do get a lot of carbs but i center most of them around my workout 5:45 a.m. till about 1:15 p.m. and then till midnight after 1:15 p.m. i dont consume any complex carbs just carbs from veggies and focus on P+F meals.. maybe that is why i have been a lil sluggish lately..

i also have a lot of sleep problems because i get home so late from work 11:15ish or so and have to pack up a massive Tupperware container to get me through a 13 hr day of 5 meals.. maybe ill add 1/4 cup of oats with my CC and PB at night and see how the results go with energy and weight wise (trying to bulk)

#2. x2 at least ur honest

Originally Posted by VTBuffZete View Post
    I've had similar sleep problems in the past bro. Mine resulted from a bit of overtraining & a lack of carbs. My last meal/snack of the day was always just natty pb w/ cottage cheese. I now mix in a small serving of oats or fiber one since I was not getting enough carbs throughout the day. I know there's a million people against these kinds of carbs before bed, but as long as they fit in your macros, I wouldn't worry about it. Since making this small change to my diet and changing up my training routine, I've been sleeping better, looking better, lifting better and feeling better.

Other things that may be affecting your sleep are your mind's activity level before bed. Try finding something relaxing to do before going to sleep. Watching TV and playing around online both keep your mind racing. Try reading a book or listening to some relaxing music. Avoid reading, studying, watching tv, etc. in your bed. The only things your bed should be for are sleep and sex. Hope this helps!
    Yeah, it did help. I guess I'm going to try and do mindless activities 30min before going to bed, and maybe start having some fiber for the hunger problem. Thanks for all the help people!

P.S. Is having a Banana Pre-workout inhibiting my fat burning process due to the Fructose? Jw~

i dont think so but im not 100% sure.. i have a banana preworkout with my breakfast in the morning along with cereal/oatmeal and a whey shake in water

i perfer a banana because of the potassium i know some people cramp up when they workout and it will help prevent muscle cramps IMO

ive seen people go down for squats and have their legs cramp up.. i never want that to happen to myself lol

Also, Bananas are SUPER high in the Energy Producing B-vitamins and I think release a relaxing and focus enhancing hormone. Sorta like Chocolate and that one pleasure hormone

Studying Nutrition 24/7 ManOfSteel2003's Avatar
    ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To help with sleep, I would recommend these herbs (all whole, not tea or pills.)

Hops
    Skullcap
    Valerian Root
    Reishi Mushroom Powder

Melatonin pills work wonders.

On occassion, I will take doxylamine succinate or diphenhydramine hCl.
    Currently bulking...goal 3lbs+ increase every month.

Check this out:

10 Good Examples Before a Workout
    http://www.askmen.com/sports/fitness...ness_list.html

well all of my foods are in the top 10 so i must be eatin something rite..

i do eat about 500-600 cals for breakfast and i workout 90 minutes later.. i shuold be fine dont u think?