Thread: ripped diet

4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Arrow ripped diet

looking to get ripped im 5'9 206lbs. about 16% bf. need to get down to 9-10%. this is how my diet looks like. plz correct any mistakes.:

Meal 1: Protein shake with low fat milk.
    Meal 2: egg sandwich with wholemeal bread.
    Meal 3: chicken breast, broccoli and carrots
    Meal 4: pre workout: tuna sandwich with wholemeal bread
    Meal 5: post workout: protein shake with water and 1cup oatmeal with 1 banana.
    Meal 6: chicken stir fry.
    Meal 7: protein shake with low fat milk.
    the car u drive doesnt matter what matters is the size of the arm hanging out the window

4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4evafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump
    the car u drive doesnt matter what matters is the size of the arm hanging out the window

Recklessbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks really good to me, the only thing I'd offer is to make the post-wo shake with low fat milk - it has a lot of great natural metabolizers and great post-wo carbs. I'd say a very solid cutting diet for your weight and goals.
    -DT

Eat low-fat at your peril Max Protein's Avatar
    Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lose the oatmeal postworkout, just have a banana, or a sweet potato.
    Have oatmeal for breakfast and add a scoop of protein powder with it. If you choose to have oats for breakfast, don't have the sweet potato post workout.
    Otherwise, this diet is fine to get you cruising nicely along towards your goals. As the fat loss slows down (remember to judge it by the week or fortnight) you might need to cycle carbs.
    Above all be patient, work hard and be persistent.
    You gotta go through hell to get the body made in heaven.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us find ourselves looking up at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    ---
    Training 4 years...165lbs @ 6.5% bodyfat

dapunisher is on a distinguished road. (+10) dapunisher is on a distinguished road. (+10) dapunisher is on a distinguished road. (+10) dapunisher is on a distinguished road. (+10) dapunisher is on a distinguished road. (+10) dapunisher is on a distinguished road. (+10) dapunisher is on a distinguished road. (+10) dapunisher is on a distinguished road. (+10) dapunisher is on a distinguished road. (+10) dapunisher is on a distinguished road. (+10) dapunisher is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Switch the oatmeal with dextrose in your post workout shake.

the reason i got the protien with water post workout is because its faster absorbtion. and the oatmeal post workout is for my carbs, because carbs straight after training aids with fat loss.

Recklessbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 4evafit View Post
    the reason i got the protien with water post workout is because its faster absorbtion. and the oatmeal post workout is for my carbs, because carbs straight after training aids with fat loss.
    A little off-base in terms of actual nutrtition facts. You do want carbs, but in the form of fast-digesting, non-processed. This generally means high-GI carbs such as dextrose and malto-dextrin. The reason why we want such carbs is to create an insulin spike which will send the excess protein we then ingest straight into the glycogen-deprived muscles. Oatmeal BEFORE a workout would be a good carb as a low-GI to keep glycogen stores replenished throughout the lift.

Furthermore, drinking water is not going to make absorption faster - ingesting fats will absorption slower, but water is by no means an accelerating agent. Lots of people feel that milk has perfect nurtitional value, acting as a good high-gi carb source with extremely high digestion value protein.
    -DT

jfla32033 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfla32033 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfla32033 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfla32033 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfla32033 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfla32033 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfla32033 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfla32033 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfla32033 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfla32033 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfla32033 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    looking to get ripped im 5'9 206lbs. about 16% bf. need to get down to 9-10%. this is how my diet looks like. plz correct any mistakes.:

Looks real intact man....the only thing I would change is to have some almonds/walnuts/or natural peanut butter instead of the milk at meal 7.

One of my favorite ways to make a bed-time shake is to buy put almond meal in the shake. Almond meal is simply crushed up almonds into a powder that people use for baking. 1/4 cup is like 180 calories and 17g of healthy fats. Mix that with a scoop or 2 of casein protein and you have a perfect bed time shake.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

ok boyz i fixed the diet up a bit. hows this:

meal 1: protein shake with skim milk.

meal 2: 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg.

meal 3: chicken breast with broccoli and carrots.

meal 4: pre workout: 1 cup of rolled oats and banana.

meal 5: post workout: protein shake with banana.

meal 6: chicken stir fry with veggies and half a cup of rice.

meal 7: protien shake with a hand full of almonds.

jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ok boyz i fixed the diet up a bit. hows this:

meal 2: 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg.

... eat the whole egg every time. the benefits *FAR* outweight anything else you may be concerned about. The only time you don't want to eat the yolk is if it will put you over on your daily calories, and even that is minimal.

Metabolism>Speed of Light xl Achilles lx's Avatar
    xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    [QUOTE=Recklessbat;51288251]A little off-base in terms of actual nutrtition facts. You do want carbs, but in the form of fast-digesting, non-processed. This generally means high-GI carbs such as dextrose and malto-dextrin. The reason why we want such carbs is to create an insulin spike which will send the excess protein we then ingest straight into the glycogen-deprived muscles. Oatmeal BEFORE a workout would be a good carb as a low-GI to keep glycogen stores replenished throughout the lift.QUOTE]

Many people go with oats/banana post workout as opposed to straight dextrose and have seen great results. It's all personal preferance. Some people like to have a mix between simple/complex carbs as well. I have a mix of 1/2c oats and a banana, and I've seen great results. You don't HAVE to take straight dextrose to get that massive insulin spike...

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Besides the eggs in meal two, where are your fats?

Originally Posted by dkf10425 View Post
    Besides the eggs in meal two, where are your fats?
    almonds in meal 7. and fish oil tablets.

ok guys i counted my cals and i was dissapointed.

my diet ends up like this:

cals: 1634.
    carbs: 223.
    fat: 48.
    protein: 181.

why so low protein. and the carbs are high?

what can i add to higher my protein and what can i remove to lower my carbs?

Eat low-fat at your peril Max Protein's Avatar
    Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Max Protein will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok guys i counted my cals and i was dissapointed.

my diet ends up like this:

cals: 1634.
    carbs: 223.
    fat: 48.
    protein: 181.

why so low protein. and the carbs are high?

what can i add to higher my protein and what can i remove to lower my carbs?
    The carbs are fine, you're not pre-contest. As long as you train intensely you don't need to change them. Boost up the fats a little bit to 70g for more calories and maybe add some more carbs in there. Adjust as your weight goes down.
    You gotta go through hell to get the body made in heaven.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us find ourselves looking up at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    ---
    Training 4 years...165lbs @ 6.5% bodyfat