2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Getting tired of the gym and working out...

I reinjured my leg after I screwed it up in the fall.

I was doing too much... full-body circuit training w/supersets 4 days a week w/out rest during workouts, additional hour of cardio later that day, 1 day off a week.

Anyways I actually put on weight. It appears to be lean mass though as I am similar size/shape when I was about 12-15 lbs. lighter at x-mas, I didn't have the body building diet then, it was low protein, low calorie, low fat, HIGH carb. Very bad, but at least I had energy for workouts.

Anyways now I eat 1 g protein per lb., I added healthy fats and whey and creatine into my diet, along w/bcaas and started lifting more frequently and seriously. I cut back a bit on the cardio, but still do it around 10 times a week.

I was discouraged when I saw the weight gain, but I realized it is mostly lean muscle due to increase in vascularity and I don't look fatter, just more bulky according to my family.

I was wondering what I can do to get back into the mood to workout, it is odd I get all hyped up to go workout, but when I get in the gym I'm like... "so what?" and just slowly lose interest. I'm currently cutting and trying to get down to around 185 lbs. by the winter. Since I'm slightly injured right now anyways should I just take a week or so off and come back and kick ass and take names? Or does my routine need any overhaul? I've been doing similar workouts since late winter.
    Fitness Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107651531

Jim_C is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jim_C is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jim_C is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jim_C is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jim_C is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jim_C is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jim_C is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jim_C is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jim_C is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jim_C is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jim_C is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Seems like you are killing yourself on the cardio. Why not maintain your cut diet and skip the cardio for a week or two until you get back in the mood. You will probably find that you can still lose some weight without the cardio.

Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First sign of overtraining is just not feeling up to working out.

Have you been taking recovery weeks off every 8-12 weeks?

Full body circuits 4 times a week is quite a bit too, especially if you're keeping the intensity way up there. Depending how hard you're pushing and how your body responds you just may not have enough recovery time in between workouts.

muscl600 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds to me as if you have no goal or purpose to going to the gym. Perhaps you have a goal you want to reach, however out of reach it seems at the moment? Someone you want to look like? Would you like to look like your favourite bodybuilder, a wrestler or perhaps a warrior/gladiator?
    Sounds as if you need something to give your workouts focus & help you visualize how youwant to change.
    ..oh yes, and STOP standing on the weigh scales & stand in front of the mirror instead! If you put on muscle then you will probably weigh more. So what? You say don't look fatter but more bulky - great! Just what do you want?

2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by muscl600 View Post
    Sounds to me as if you have no goal or purpose to going to the gym. Perhaps you have a goal you want to reach, however out of reach it seems at the moment? Someone you want to look like? Would you like to look like your favourite bodybuilder, a wrestler or perhaps a warrior/gladiator?
    Sounds as if you need something to give your workouts focus & help you visualize how youwant to change.
    ..oh yes, and STOP standing on the weigh scales & stand in front of the mirror instead! If you put on muscle then you will probably weigh more. So what? You say don't look fatter but more bulky - great! Just what do you want?
    I wanna lower body fat, while hopefully losing weight and I want to get a nice chisled greek god type look. It will be difficult for someone with my build, but I think it is attainable, or at least something close. I've been cutting, but accidentally sort of recomped/mini-bulked for the past two months or so and put on some lean mass, it is very easy for me to build muscle/fat so when I put on like 8 lbs. of muscle in 3 months I wasn't overly surprised.

I recently rented blade trinity to see Ryan Reynolds and Wesley Snipes' physiques (along with Jessica Beil of course!) for inspiration. I realize it is rediculous, but something like what Reynolds had in Trinity is what I would like. I have a different build, so I realize it won't be like his exactly, but I'd like to achieve similar results.

I just want to look as good of shape as I actually am in... I look like I'm in good shape, but not great shape. Yet I can do cardio with the best of them, and I'm getting better slowly but surely at lifting weights.
    Last edited by 2 D; 06-14-2007 at 05:37 AM.
    Fitness Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107651531

Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You know what you want but your sitting here telling us you have no motivation. Like many other people who fail at achieving their goals once the tough gets going they back down instead of face it head on.

No one here knows your body better than you yourself. If you feel its best that you take a week off go ahead as long as you know next week your gonna bust ass. If you feel your up for the challenge and can break through this little plateau than go for it.

You can get down to 185 in 3 months you need to set some higher goals. Throw winter out the window make it a goal to achieve what u want by the end of summer.

As far as motivation and energy either your diet is totally out of whack and your not getting the proper preworkout carbs or you just arent hungry enough.

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lay off the exercise for a week as some have mentioned. Be careful with the diet though...without all that cardio, you cannot eat all the same things you could when you knew your body would burn it all off.
    Mark these words in the annals (no homo) of bodybuilding.com.
    8===D~~~ (.Y.)