Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by lifting hard
    If you really that bad ass try these jobs.

Marine-Expeditionary Force. (the new Force Recon)
    I thought Force Recon was still around and they had MEU which was a seperate entinty?

BunnyStew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Navy SEALs

pogue posted this ----> Absolut's Avatar
    Absolut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Absolut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Absolut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Absolut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Absolut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Absolut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Absolut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Absolut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Absolut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Absolut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Absolut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Navy seals has one of the highest failing percentage something like 1 in 50 become one.

If your not up to that kind of math join the marines not the army.

MARINES ALL THE WAY.

BTW- an ex-army wanting to join the marines must go through the basic training to become a marine
    BUT
    an ex-marine wanting to join the army does not

1MikeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1MikeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1MikeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1MikeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1MikeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1MikeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1MikeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1MikeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1MikeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1MikeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1MikeD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Absolut
    BTW- an ex-army wanting to join the marines must go through the basic training to become a marine
    BUT
    an ex-marine wanting to join the army does not
    The only reason why people join the Marines is so they can be "Maines"

The Army ain't easy but it has better benefits then the Marines.

tayf will become famous soon enough. (+50) tayf will become famous soon enough. (+50) tayf will become famous soon enough. (+50) tayf will become famous soon enough. (+50) tayf will become famous soon enough. (+50) tayf will become famous soon enough. (+50) tayf will become famous soon enough. (+50) tayf will become famous soon enough. (+50) tayf will become famous soon enough. (+50) tayf will become famous soon enough. (+50) tayf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    seriously whoever signs up at the navy so they can become a "navy seal" is ****ing delusional. You have no idea how hard it is to pass selection for those kind of elitist regiments like the seals or SAS here in Australia/UK. There's nothing they like slapping down more than some punk who wants to be a navy seal so he's a bad ass.

BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by tayf
    seriously whoever signs up at the navy so they can become a "navy seal" is ****ing delusional. You have no idea how hard it is to pass selection for those kind of elitist regiments like the seals or SAS here in Australia/UK. There's nothing they like slapping down more than some punk who wants to be a navy seal so he's a bad ass.
    I was under the impression you had to be chosen to even enter the SEAL program. I know it's like that for Delta Force, you can't just sign up, you have to be chosen.

I Like Ike, We Like Ike Iron_Ike's Avatar
    Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by BigZeke
    I was under the impression you had to be chosen to even enter the SEAL program. I know it's like that for Delta Force, you can't just sign up, you have to be chosen.
    Anyone can volunteer to become a SEAL (provided you're in the U.S. Navy). You do have to meet certain requirements though. A few things I can remember are; no females, must be below 28 years of age, have good eye sight, and complete a certain number of push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups before the real fun begins...

Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by ElectricWire
    I'm not enlisting for a cake walk. Honestly the thought of going head hunting overseas excites me. To Me, its more of an Army/Marine debate. Nothing wrong w/ the other branches, just i'm not a water guy, and i'm not intelligent enough to fly planes.
    You could enlist in the Navy and try to become a corpsman. You will then have a chance to be stationed with the Marines. Then you would have a chance to see alot. You will have a chance of going to Iraq. You will be side by side with Marines as they go out on patrols and stuff.

Originally posted by Iron_Ike
    Anyone can volunteer to become a SEAL (provided you're in the U.S. Navy). You do have to meet certain requirements though. A few things I can remember are; no females, must be below 28 years of age, have good eye sight, and complete a certain number of push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups before the real fun begins...
    You have to do a cetain number of pushup and situps in an alotted time (2m I believe), complete a 3M run in an alotted time (18M I think) and do a swim qual. I just thought those were all entrance things but you still had to be selected. Anyways, if it's volunteer than maybe that's why the drop out rate is so high

I Like Ike, We Like Ike Iron_Ike's Avatar
    Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron_Ike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You have to do a cetain number of pushup and situps in an alotted time (2m I believe), complete a 3M run in an alotted time (18M I think) and do a swim qual. I just thought those were all entrance things but you still had to be selected. Anyways, if it's volunteer than maybe that's why the drop out rate is so high
    Yeah, there's a whole checklist of crap you have to do before beginning the actual training, but anybody can try out. I think that's one of the guarantees the Navy recruiters tell you; that you "have a chance at becoming a SEAL when you enlist today!" heh

Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Maybe...Use ASVAB as a judgment tool. It sucks working wif idiots if you is be intelligent. If you sign on- try to get college with it- assuming you're inclined to do so. Also, continue doing a thorough investigation before signing papers. I think a divorce is easier to get than getting out of the military.

Anyway-peep this: (you likely have read if you google)
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joini...cruiter1_2.htm
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/genjo...vabminimum.htm
    http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...bltoosmart.htm
    -p

clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Points
    It sucks working wif idiots if you is be intelligent.
    Did anyone else but me get a chuckle out of that?

Anyway, I would really reconsider the AF or Navy. Very few people are career military now, and you'll be much more likely to learn high-paying civilian skills in the AF or Navy. For example, you can make really good money right now with nuke reactor operations experience.

52 Wins 4 Loses 49 KOs Deadgame's Avatar
    Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Ruthless4Life
    Air Force, because you get to slack off and don't have to do all the dirty work and still get all the benefits.
    Wouldn't that be the coast guard
    I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." Malcolm X

1000 plus, reps returned

Millionaires are made from talent and intellect; not the major you selected when you're coming out of high school. Warren Buffett

SomeGuy54321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Points
    It sucks working wif idiots if you is be intelligent.
    -p
    LOL.

Originally posted by clemsonsenior
    you can make really good money right now with nuke reactor operations experience.-p
    It is near f**kin impossible to go nuke, at least for the majority of us who didn't spend every waking hour in High School studying. I am in the Navy (ship in Sept.) and went in thinking it would be a cake walk to be nuke. No way. If you've failed or gotten C or below in and High School math/science course, no go. If you're family hasn't been in America for @ least 3 generations, no go. If you've fired from any BS job, no go.

These guys are seriously the elite of the Navy, and i'd say the military, but for intensely physical, SEALs is the way to go. I might try for SEALs cuz i'm in decent shape and you get in awesome shape w/ the SEAL motivators yelling @ you but you shold also investigate SWCC (Special Warfare Combat Crewman). Sounds like, to me @ least, the funnest thing you could do in the NAVY.

But, straight up, I investigated all branches, and you can do absolutely everything anyone can do in any branches and more in the NAVY.

Magic_Stick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magic_Stick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magic_Stick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magic_Stick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magic_Stick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magic_Stick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magic_Stick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magic_Stick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magic_Stick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magic_Stick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magic_Stick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

join the marines :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::
    :::::::::::::::::
    way better

quodnomen is on a distinguished road. (+10) quodnomen is on a distinguished road. (+10) quodnomen is on a distinguished road. (+10) quodnomen is on a distinguished road. (+10) quodnomen is on a distinguished road. (+10) quodnomen is on a distinguished road. (+10) quodnomen is on a distinguished road. (+10) quodnomen is on a distinguished road. (+10) quodnomen is on a distinguished road. (+10) quodnomen is on a distinguished road. (+10) quodnomen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by SomeGuy54321

It is near f**kin impossible to go nuke, at least for the majority of us who didn't spend every waking hour in High School studying. I am in the Navy (ship in Sept.) and went in thinking it would be a cake walk to be nuke. No way. If you've failed or gotten C or below in and High School math/science course, no go. If you're family hasn't been in America for @ least 3 generations, no go. If you've fired from any BS job, no go.

from what i've been told if you have your BS or graduate degree in a science or engineering you can almost assure yourself the position.

Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you don't want to fight and want very good quality of life, choose the air force. Unless you want to be a pilot, most people couldn't be pilots even if they wanted to though. Here's a little fact: when living on an AF base, you'll have a maid clean your room.

If you don't mind spending a long time at sea with the same people all the time in a very cramped boat, go Navy. You might see some action, but not much unless you're a Corpsman.

The army is pretty generic. They'll probably set you up the best as far as college money and all that, and probably give you good opportunities to travel and see the world.

The Marines if you want to kill people, this will also keep you in the best shape and train you to use a rifle whether or not your job involves shooting. Probably the toughest, probably the most fight-oriented and "old-fashioned." They're the only branch that still has men and women completely separate during boot camp. Not the place to go if you're looking for the most college money or benefits.

AF and Navy will be mostly technical, and while there are technical jobs to get in the Army and Marines, they're much more combat-oriented. If you want to have no chance of getting shot, stick with the Navy or AF.

Of course there are different jobs in each branch that will influence what your service is like, but just in general it's like that.

There's also the coast guard. Good choice if you want to help people instead of killing them, but it can be very dangerous, since you'd be doing **** like rescuing boats stuck in storms and all that.
    Last edited by Stagger; 08-11-2004 at 09:17 PM.

SomeGuy54321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah but the majority of guys try to get in just outta high school (like me, but w/ a lil college). They love you if you're already educated cuz thats the less money they have to spend on you.

Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Deadgame
    Wouldn't that be the coast guard
    In the Air Force, it's possible to do all your work on a computer. In the Coast Guard, you'd actually have to go out on a boat and do things, and in some rare cases deal with criminals or, if you're in certain locations, rescue people stuck in tropical storms or hurricanes.

I also hear that their boot camp is 2nd hardest after the Marines.

There's something called the SEAL Challenge Program that "guarantees the opportunity to enter the Naval Special Warfare/SEAL community" to people who go for a 4 year enlistment. So basically, assuming you meet the standards, you can at least go to SEAL training after you complete the A school.

52 Wins 4 Loses 49 KOs Deadgame's Avatar
    Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Stagger
    In the Air Force, it's possible to do all your work on a computer. In the Coast Guard, you'd actually have to go out on a boat and do things, and in some rare cases deal with criminals or, if you're in certain locations, rescue people stuck in tropical storms or hurricanes.

I also hear that their boot camp is 2nd hardest after the Marines.
    Coast Guard has a job that sits at a desk all day but your right about the rest
    I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." Malcolm X

1000 plus, reps returned

Millionaires are made from talent and intellect; not the major you selected when you're coming out of high school. Warren Buffett

wonsleinad will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonsleinad will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonsleinad will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonsleinad will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonsleinad will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonsleinad will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonsleinad will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonsleinad will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonsleinad will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonsleinad will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonsleinad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not enlisting for a cake walk. Honestly the thought of going head hunting overseas excites me. To Me, its more of an Army/Marine debate. Nothing wrong w/ the other branches, just i'm not a water guy, and i'm not intelligent enough to fly planes.
    I don't see the debate, it's USMC

They are the ones to go and take control of a country (as in the first ones in). They really shouldn't be in Iraq still, but they are filling in for the lack of troops the Army has (the Army is huge, but this war in Iraq takes A LOT more troops than we can supply).

If you are really into the hardcore aspect, I'd say you should go into SF of whatever branch you do. My brother (a marine) had the oppurtunity to be a sniper and was considering SF at one point but he's not into all the killing, plus he didn't want another thing that could potentially take him away from his family.

armybrandon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You say that now, but when you actually get their it's a different story. Some people do enjoy that, but I definately do not. I don't mind working hard, giving up my freedom, or dying for my country, but you honestly need to think about what you are going to do when you get out. By being in the Army myself, I'll have to say that if given the chance, I would re-enlist in the Air Force. No matter what branch you go into, the pay is the same but it just seems like the Air Force takes better care of their soldiers. They have better housing and better equipment. That is just the way it seems to me. In the Army, it is kind of a "hurry up and wait " type game that every one plays. IMHO the Army is very disorganized. Maybe it is because I am in the Medical field, but you would think that we would be even more organized. In the Medical field, the junior enlisted are the ones that do all of the actual work and the NCO's just kind of show up, sign a few papers, and leave us to fend for ourselves. This is just my observation though, and others might disagree with me. Just my .02 worth.
    "You can see the weakness of a man right through his iris"- RZA

Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    NAVY = Never Again Volunteer Yourself.
    MARINES = Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Not Expected, SIR!
    USCG = Under-Staffed, Can't Go

"Without us, it's just another airline" -- USAF Weapons and Munitions Group (The Load Toads)

"When you have a target that has to be Suppressed, Neutralized or Destroyed, Right Now...You Yell, We Shell" -- Army Support Artillery

"You didn't see me, I wasn't there, and I'm not here now!" -- US Navy Communications Technicians (Spooks)

Note that, were I to serve, I'd go either Navy or Air Force, because my math and science will land me a Nukie job, or I'll be in intelligence. I'd be down with sending the world to hell with the push of a button. Go Navy or Air Force if you're a brainy type; I came very close to USAF Intel, but turned down the job because I got some great options in the cilvilian sector. Getting to do the survival course as the only Civvie was fun, though.

If you want to build roads, join the Army.

One thing you've got to give to the USMC, and why I like them. You give them a job, they do it. Doesn't matter how hard, they just get it done, and let you know when it's finished. Go for the Marines if you like the idea of being given impossible jobs with no resources, to which you respond with a cheerful, "Yes, Sir!". On the flip side, you won't have to deal with much red tape.

If you like painting daisies, go for the Coast Guard. Toast Guard to the rest of the armed services.

If you like the idea of jumping into an enemy camp and shooting up a hundred enemy soldiers with a couple of assault rifles, buy a copy of Doom 3. Because real combat isn't anything like a video game, and bravado like that is a good way to get you *and* your platoon killed, especially if you're on recon.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it."
    -- Goethe

Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Matadon
    NAVY = Never Again Volunteer Yourself.
    MARINES = Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Not Expected, SIR!
    USCG = Under-Staffed, Can't Go

"Without us, it's just another airline" -- USAF Weapons and Munitions Group (The Load Toads)

"When you have a target that has to be Suppressed, Neutralized or Destroyed, Right Now...You Yell, We Shell" -- Army Support Artillery

"You didn't see me, I wasn't there, and I'm not here now!" -- US Navy Communications Technicians (Spooks)

Note that, were I to serve, I'd go either Navy or Air Force, because my math and science will land me a Nukie job, or I'll be in intelligence. I'd be down with sending the world to hell with the push of a button. Go Navy or Air Force if you're a brainy type; I came very close to USAF Intel, but turned down the job because I got some great options in the cilvilian sector. Getting to do the survival course as the only Civvie was fun, though.

If you want to build roads, join the Army.

One thing you've got to give to the USMC, and why I like them. You give them a job, they do it. Doesn't matter how hard, they just get it done, and let you know when it's finished. Go for the Marines if you like the idea of being given impossible jobs with no resources, to which you respond with a cheerful, "Yes, Sir!". On the flip side, you won't have to deal with much red tape.

If you like painting daisies, go for the Coast Guard. Toast Guard to the rest of the armed services.

If you like the idea of jumping into an enemy camp and shooting up a hundred enemy soldiers with a couple of assault rifles, buy a copy of Doom 3. Because real combat isn't anything like a video game, and bravado like that is a good way to get you *and* your platoon killed, especially if you're on recon.
    Good post.

Don't forget in the army, you have to sleep in boy scout tents smelling other people's sweat after a long day of work, while in the air force, you live in hotels admiring how much combat and war you've seen while taking a hot bubble bath.
    Last edited by Ruthless4Life; 08-12-2004 at 12:03 PM.

Underage Thinking user4165146510's Avatar
    user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Air (chair) Force
    "I find this thread allows me to be a more positive person" - TheDukeUSMC -- commenting on the sexy gif thread.

Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

The Womens Auxillary Balloon Corp.

Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The only way I would join is to be an A-10(AF) or F-18(USMC or Navy) pilot. Don't really know what to recommend in your case, but want to thank you in advance for joining any of our armed forces.

Originally posted by rgbuchanan3
    MARINE= My Ass Really Is Navy Equipment

I tell that to my father-in -law all the time.

Seriously though, I served in the Army and if I had to do it all over again, I'd go Air Force. Piece of cake!
    I work on a Navy base, but there are some Marines working here. In our hangar, there is a sign on someone's locker that says "Yes, the Marines are part of the Navy: We're the MENS Department!"
    "Undoubtedly, some think the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct." - Justice Scalia, DC vs Heller

Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was recently thinking of joining the Air Force, but there were a couple things holding me back.

1) Since I have a car and a couple other bills to pay on, would I have to worry about my credit if I join? Like would I still have to have a way to pay them or would being in basic training in any branch of the military excuse me from paying them for the time being?

2) Is 23 too old to join? I've already been to college, but I want to go again and would I be able to join as a way to help pay for college? I would like to be in the military, but go back to college also.

3) Main thing holding me back is, would I still be able to get to a gym after basic training? I hate not being able to workout. I wouldn't want all my hard training for the past 8 months to go to waste by not having access to a gym on the regular basis.

BTW, how hard is basic training? I would like to be in good enough shape to go through it without any major problems.
    Support the Fair Tax:
    www.fairtax.org

Thy next foe is...

"Flip the jab, FLIP THE JAB!! I didn't hear no bell." Mickey from Rocky

ElectricWire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replys fellas. I havent enlisted just yet, i need to build my cardiovascular system to par before i do. Once i can run 3 mile w/o kiling myself i'm outta here. Probably around January.