Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50)

*~ Ashleys Fatloss To Abs Journal ~*

Hey everyone!! Okay, my other journal has kinda died down. I have kinda been going through a lot in my life and I kinda fell off the band wagon, sadly. But I am back and I know that I havent always listened to the advice that I was given on here, But now I am willing to take all you ladies advice and do with it what I can.

My stats are 5"6 and 120 lbs ... approx 15 % bodyfat

So If I can just have as many people post and critique my diet, And help me stay on track ... I would really appreciate it.

Heres some current photos,

My diet is this

Meal one: 1 cup organic cereal + 1 cup skimmed milk
    Meal two: Protein Shake
    Meal three: Protein Bar < pre workout
    Meal four: Protein Shake < post workout
    Meal five: 1 chicken breast + broccoli

About 1,300 calories total

* I dont go over the 1,500 mark.

I have been bulking and I have gained a crapload of muscle and fat, Just need some opinions from some women who know what they are talking about

I am also adding in morning cardio, whats the best form of cardio ???
    Attached Images

ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why did you other journal die down? Why not just add to that one. Dont get my wrong I like these photos,especially 1 and 2 but IMHO they seem more look at me then progess pictures. Also you need to eat a little bit more then a protein bar for one meal. ATLEAST add an apple and a cup of grape juice with the protein shake. Carbs dont make you fat, excess carbs and calories do.
    Awesome as fuark crew

h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks shortmonster. Those are actually the only photos that I have, I have more in my gallery that are not much better. I have a digital camera but I cant seem to get the lighting adjusted properly, otherwise I would post photos that were more revelent to bodybuilding.

Is 1,300 calories too low?

Can I still build muscle on this? Should I post my workout?

Any other thoughts?

What would be the best cardio to do ???? Should I do it in the morning and for how long.

Cause I am planning to go brisk walking in the morning for 30-45 min

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can suggest doing HIIT in the morning as a good cardio session or you can try doing some fasted for 30-45 minutes.

By the way, good luck reaching your goals.
    My journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112815821

Originally Posted by cawiau View Post
    I can suggest doing HIIT in the morning as a good cardio session or you can try doing some fasted for 30-45 minutes.

By the way, good luck reaching your goals.
    Thank You. What is fasted???

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by h@rdc0re View Post
    Thank You. What is fasted???
    empty stomach.
    My journal:

Okay so I could get up and do 30 min walking without eating and eat when i come back or eat and do hiit?

ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaDagger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Okay so I could get up and do 30 min walking without eating and eat when i come back or eat and do hiit?
    If you do cardio on a empty stomach you have nothing to burn but fat. (I think)

Okay thanks, Thats what I will do ... How long should I go for?

ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortMonster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThaDagger View Post
    If you do cardio on a empty stomach you have nothing to burn but fat. (I think)
    Honestly I think a lot of people are wrong on that..If your on an empty stomach without cardio you are in catabolim, loosing muscle and fat, add cardio into the mix both are being burned at a higher rate, including glycogen. I could be completely wrong but I swore I heard that was a lie.
    Awesome as fuark crew

yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    +1 i never do fasted cardio or cardio by itself for that matter. IMHO do cardio post wo for 15-20 mins. it should not be your most important strategy towards fat loss. keep the diet in check and hit the weights hard. also 1300 cals is 2 low. IMO, try keeping it around 1500-1600. good luck with your goals

Thanks guys Today has been good so far ... I replaced the protein shake in the morning with a huge salad with shrimp ... so I will be getting more real food in

Originally Posted by yioti View Post
    +1 i never do fasted cardio or cardio by itself for that matter. IMHO do cardio post wo for 15-20 mins. it should not be your most important strategy towards fat loss. keep the diet in check and hit the weights hard. also 1300 cals is 2 low. IMO, try keeping it around 1500-1600. good luck with your goals
    Thats exactly what ive been trying to get out but it just didnt come for some reason lol Repped for that man.
    Awesome as fuark crew

Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Hell no don't ever work out on an empty stomach

You want abs... Then work hard for them: P
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile OK first

nice progress

You look very muscular for 5' 6" at 120lbs so I would say you need at least 1500 to 1600 cals. You could just up your protien to get that if you have a carb phobia. Also as far as the walking 30 mins on an empty stomach I don't think it will increase either fat burn or catabolism. When you wake up your metabolism is at its slowest so it will take the first 10 mins to just get it to normal. If you were running for an hour or doing Hiit it would become a problem but walking for 30 mins it should not matter either way. That being said I think you have more to lose but doing it fasted. Eat Breakfast then go for your walk you will feel better and be more awake I walk every morning and it is the best part of my day.
    At 1300 cals you are going to be catabolising some muscle no matter what but you are in good shape at 15% body fat you are now in a possition where you will have to give up a little muscle to get leaner. Good luck and keep up the great work.

repped
    Next stop 250 lbs both my weight and lost 😁

Highest Weight 500lbs +
    Lowest Weight since joining 264lbs

Current 264 lbs

Time to get to my original dream goal

Hey there guys!!

Crazymix - Thanks I have been doing lotsa ab workouts, including ball twists, regular crunches and weighted situps. I do abs 3 times a week, and try to vary my exercises. Ohhh I cant wait to get some new pics up to show my progress!! I am coming along, thats for sure!! So thanks and reps!

heathershubby - Thank you!! I think ur advice is very true cause getting up in the morning I find I have such little energy, the food gives me that extra boost, you know??? I am keeping my calories under 1500 right now, like you said ... thats where I should stay between 1500-1600 cals. =) thanks and reps.

ShortMonster - Thanks and reps!!

I rep back 1,000,000+ natescope's Avatar
    natescope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) natescope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) natescope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) natescope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) natescope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) natescope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) natescope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) natescope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) natescope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) natescope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) natescope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ShortMonster View Post
    Honestly I think a lot of people are wrong on that..If your on an empty stomach without cardio you are in catabolim, loosing muscle and fat, add cardio into the mix both are being burned at a higher rate, including glycogen. I could be completely wrong but I swore I heard that was a lie.
    except that moderate cardio doesn't burn muscle, and if you always lost muscle on an empty stomach, how the hell does the body build muscle during sleep. as long as your body needs that muscle (stimulated by weightlifting) it won't get rid it until you have no fat stores.
    ~No alcohol~

-------------------------
    negs: jack90; CelticTiger (douches)

Originally Posted by natescope View Post
    except that moderate cardio doesn't burn muscle, and if you always lost muscle on an empty stomach, how the hell does the body build muscle during sleep. as long as your body needs that muscle (stimulated by weightlifting) it won't get rid it until you have no fat stores.
    Thanks, I repped you too

Is it okay to have a whole wheat sandwich on a cut pre workout, with meat and low fat cheese?

yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by natescope View Post
    your body grows overnight and it builds muscle in the process, which is why its good to have a slower digesting protein and some fat to prevent catabolism through the night. Also your body would MUCH rather use your muscle as energy then fat, so if you are working out with no food in you its most likely going to eat away at your muscles along with burning fat at the same time. this is a very debated topic on these boards, but until someone realizes that you really don't do cardio to "Burn" fat then your off to a good start IMHO. cardio allows you to burn calories which allows you to eat more which speeds up the metabolism even more.

your body grows overnight and it builds muscle in the process, which is why its good to have a slower digesting protein and some fat to prevent catabolism through the night. Also your body would MUCH rather use your muscle as energy then fat, so if you are working out with no food in you its most likely going to eat away at your muscles along with burning fat at the same time. this is a very debated topic on these boards, but until someone realizes that you really don't do cardio to "Burn" fat then your off to a good start IMHO. cardio allows you to burn calories which allows you to eat more which speeds up the metabolism even more.
    Thank You So I should eat then

yes, np and good luck

You sure as hell know you **** man. Wish I could rep you again man, that was nicely put.
    Awesome as fuark crew

Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well keep the hard work up and update us with the progress pic
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

hehe okay thanks guys!

Last night I ended up going out for dinner and slightly going over 1,500 calories. Maybe 1,700. That wont hinder my progress will it? I had a chicken salad with basalmic vinegar and snails in cheese and oil, Forget what they call that lol

resixpromo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) resixpromo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) resixpromo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) resixpromo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) resixpromo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) resixpromo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) resixpromo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) resixpromo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) resixpromo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) resixpromo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You seem to be on the right track. Dont worry about going over a few calories once and a while. This will keep your metabolism guessing and wont slow down.

yes, np and good luck
    Thanks for the reps dude.
    Awesome as fuark crew

Just passing by again.
    So what have you decided to do so far?
    Keep us posted.
    My journal:

Originally Posted by ShortMonster View Post
    Thanks for the reps dude.
    np dude thank you as well

I am eating 1,500-1,600 calories a day So far so good. I did 60 min weights and 1 hour, light cardio today

Is that good?