Stavanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Abs Alignment Exercise?

Hey I'm new here, I used the search function but couldn't find the right topic. so...

In midrow, my abs are different sizes. The left ab is visibly larger and longer than the right. Is there any workout, exercise to align abs? Is it genetics or are the muscles going to align themselves with more extensive drill?

Thanks in advance.

STEP INTO THE DEMONS LAIR trivium9's Avatar
    trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't think there is anything out there just what you got.

GROPEGRABOSHITWTFBBQ! Hard Drive's Avatar
    Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't do anything with your abs for a while, just stretch them out after a few crunches every day, stretch the hell out of them.
    Then use them primarily for stabilization for a few weeks.
    Then, just do high reps and perfect form.
    Contrary to popular advice on this site, high reps for abs DO build mass, they also keep you from unconsciously preferencing one side to the other, to a certain degree.

Not everyone is born with Dexter Jackson abs though, don't worry about it!

Biggest thing is stretching them still.

WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^what do dexters abs look like?
    yo do u have a pic of ya abs man so we know what we're dealing with

GROPEGRABOSHITWTFBBQ! Hard Drive's Avatar
    Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ThEBoKi View Post
    ^what do dexters abs look like?
    yo do u have a pic of ya abs man so we know what we're dealing with
    Dexter's abs look like the embodyment of the term, "symmetry."

I'm out of town, so nope, no pics till later.
    You're dealing with a good specimen though.

dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Genetics
    sponsored by Bulk Powders Australia
    use code NAPARM in the 'redeem' box at checkout for a discount off your order

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dparm99 View Post
    Genetics
    ^^^^

they will be misaligned for life.. nothing you can do for it, bar surgery.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Doesn't matter too much, if you pay close attention to some of the magazines some of the most famous abs in the world are not aligned.
    Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

-Thomas Edison

Stavanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright thanks everyone, its what I thought, consensus is genetics. My abs may not be aligned, but I'm happy with what I got. In any case if anyone want to know what I'm talking about here's a pic

This is several month old, but I look somewhat the same except the dip on the left is more prominent. The freakish line in the middle can be fixed with better posture 20hr prior to photo or not being so pasty.

Just curious though what are the abs stretches I'm only familiar with pre/post sport stretches like the plank, side bridge etc.

Originally Posted by Josher13 View Post
    Doesn't matter too much, if you pay close attention to some of the magazines some of the most famous abs in the world are not aligned.
    Yeah I know and the thing is once you see good abs no one really notice anything else.

Thanks everyone.

WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol those are ur abs
    haha i think ur just mentally picturing them wrong man
    theyre fine

n a good stretch for abs is the swiss ball. sit on the outer part of the ball [like an edge if it wasnt round lol ] and then do sit ups. going all the way back - so ur lyings on the ball. ull notice ur head comes close to the ground. dont do sit ups like that - but do a few so u can stretch. cos once u go up -ur contracting ur abs, going bak - ur making them normal, and then that extra back stretches them good . ull feel it

TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kalt View Post
    Don't do anything with your abs for a while, just stretch them out after a few crunches every day, stretch the hell out of them.
    Then use them primarily for stabilization for a few weeks.
    Then, just do high reps and perfect form.
    Contrary to popular advice on this site, high reps for abs DO build mass, they also keep you from unconsciously preferencing one side to the other, to a certain degree.

Not everyone is born with Dexter Jackson abs though, don't worry about it!

Actually do sets of 15 at a time. But yes, doing more will build. But after the 15th rep, you are not gaining, so rest 45 sec after each 15th rep. Do sets to fail.
    At my house, we listen to both kinds of music: Led and Zeppelin!
    How do you build muscle like Bert Landry?