Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)

Looking to build lean muscle mass...

I am yet another F.(ugging)N.(ew)G.(uy) looking for you guys that know everything about body building to give a bit of advice. I am wanting to trim body fat and gain muscle mass, but am not really into this to get huge. My workout is this: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I do a full body workout, from bench to calves. Wednesday and Friday I do cardio. Is it better to seperate my lifting workouts? Should I go to doing individual muscle groups on different days like most of you all seem to do? Or for my goals will doing full body lifting work for me? I am 6'4", 200 lbs and I have already seen some pretty good gains. I take Creatine, have some ZMA on the way and take plenty of protein if any of that stuff matters. Thanks in advance for your help.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're not looking to get massive, then why are you taking creatine?

I don't know how long you have been training for, but it doesn't sound long, and you've already jumpe3d into the supplements. My advice is to take a step back, eat well, train hard, give yourself 6 months and then evaluate what if any supplements you need.

Again, separating bodyparts depends on how long you've been training. If less than 3 months no, if more than 6 months then yes, it's probably time to split up bodyparts.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I AM looking to get bigger, just not huge. I like the energy that creatine gives me when I work out, and I like the fact that it makes me less sore afterwards. I have been lifting four times a week for the last two or three months, before that it was only twice a week.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you're doing 4 full-body routines per week, and doing so at a high rate of intensity, you might be overtraining. A typical recommendation for newbies is three times per week for a few months, then split it up. Don't worry about getting huge, as it's highly unlikely unless you have the right combination of good genetics, diet, workout program, and rest.
    Lift heavy. Eat well. Rest. Repeat as necessary

How can you tell if you're overtraining? Are there specific symptoms like fatigue, pain etc? I had been lifting two times per week for about six months before I switched to four times. I am getting larger and leaner, but I want to know if it would help if I broke up all my lifts into different days.

-Nietzsche

blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blargh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Some fairly typical overtraining signs:

fatigue
    loss of sleep
    lack of enthusiam in training
    loss of appetite
    irritability
    hand tremors
    failure to progress in weight training
    failure of muscles to grow

For me, a sure sign is when I develop a slight tic in my left eyelid. This, slight hand tremors, and inability to sleep always occurs when I overtrain.
    Lift heavy. Eat well. Rest. Repeat as necessary

Thanks blargh, I'll watch out for those. So far I haven't felt any of them.

One other question... I have done a search and I can't find out What is a Skull crusher? I know it works your Triceps, but what is the exercise and how do you perform it?

-Nietzsche

Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000)
    You lie on a bench and hold a barbell above your forehead. Keeping your elbows locked, you let the bar come down to your forehad (some prefer to go behind their head) and then push it back up to the starting position using only your triceps. The key is keeping your elbows locked. It's a triceps exercise.