Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Ragnarok
    There are several that could. But the reality is, there are a lot of bodybuilders that have no interest in competing. I don't. That's not why I'm in it.
    yea of course

like was aformentioned... everybody seems to have some friend or know someone that *IF* they competed they would just be soooooo dominant.

give me a break

Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Barchetta
    Ask a judge what the penalty is for driving 71mph, then ask him the penalty for possesion of schedule II drugs. You don't think that AAS affect a persons emotions??? Ever hear of 'roid rage???????????????
    Now you sound like a fool. There is no such thing as 'roid rage'. Ha, ha, ha, ha,ha!!!!

That's a lame excuse for someone who is already an *******, to be a bigger *******.

Read this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=271521

Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by str8flexed
    yea of course

like was aformentioned... everybody seems to have some friend or know someone that *IF* they competed they would just be soooooo dominant.

give me a break
    Do you just like to argue with everyone? I don't get it. You're acting like this is some personal attack on you, or natural bodybuilders.

Yes, there are some big guys in my gym. I don't know how they would do in competition. Hell, they may already BE competing. I go to the gym to workout, not socialize. I have no idea who's using and who isn't, nor do I care.

I don't get it, why are you flipping out over this?

I believe the original topic of this thread was to review the article "Why Ronnie Colement is Not My Champion!". A lot of people thought this was a poor article.

The topic of this thread is not, "Why drug-using bodybuilders are better than Layne."

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Barchetta
    Don't equate speeding 1 mph over the limit with illegal drug use.
    Laws are laws.

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by johnnyironboard
    Laws are laws.
    yup 1 mph over the speed limit is the same as killing someone.

c'mon now

phospodar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well, if you were going 1mph over the speed limit, and you live 60 miles away from someone that was taking a nap for 1 hour in the middle of the highway, and just happened to lay down when you left your garage....

well, that would be manslaughter at worst, so I guess I see your point.

It's not MURDER.

Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    according to some peoples logic Ben Johnson is a champion despite his usage, and countless others who have won and been caught cheating and been stripped of their title

ronnie coleman is a freak, the most muscular man to ever live but i dont regard him as a champion because to me that involves more than just winning

the IFBB is full of hypocrites at admin level, stop blowing smoke up our arses you tools by pretending you are against drug use

natural guys might not look like they belong in a circus but they get more respect from me anyway

ronnie coleman will most probably regret the choices he has made one day with regards to his health, what a concept though to view bodybuilding as being a healthy lifestyle

M.O

drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just to recap, the reason this article is not all that good is because it starts with the premise that Ronnie Coleman is not this guys champion because he juices. Then he goes on to mention 4 or 5 guys who he says were better looking who ALSO juiced but probably just didn't eat and juice quite as much. wtf?

Also, don't forget the law changed and you have to obey the law cuz daddy said so and prohormones are still ok just don't inject the target hormone or you're a big ahole and nobody should respect you and you're going to die very soon and your face will be deformed like Jay Cutler from eating 20k worth of sushi.

The part about some guy being a good christian and serving his community has nothing to do with bodybuilding and sounds vaguely wusslike with a dudleydorightish twist. No points scored.

One good point he had - Lee Labrada, Arnold, Mentzer, and Zane and some other old dude DO look better than Coleman. They are just weaker than girls compared to him. Anyone who's seen his video knows what I mean.

Unregistered
    Originally Posted by IronMW
    Ronnie Coleman is a true champion, for many reasons. Unlike YOU Deen. Seems all you can do for attention is bring up what has been called a "non-topic"...IMO the point of BB is now to see just how far human knowledge, technology, and dedication can push a physique....Along the lines of evolution, in the sense of displaying any advancement modern techniques & science have made. I believe it is a perpetual experiment and achievement.
    Many bystanders overlook this in their mainstream view.
    I happen to savor the fact that this is an elite/esoteric subculture. The masses and the sheep can continue to misunderstand it & stay the hell away. It seems so obvious to hardcore BB enthusiasts that it is redundant & laughable that people like Deen think it is up for discussion. This is a moot point, and people like Deen are wasting time.

To anyone that has had concerns about Ronnie having been a law enforcement officer and "evidently" breaking the law, (by displaying a physique so freakish that presumably he must use illegal substances)....Did it ever occur to you that maybe he just used Cell Tech, and has slightly better genetics than the other top competitors who built their physiques with this?

Seriously though, if you knew you were born to be the best bodybuilder on earth, but also wanted to make a daily contribution to keeping the streets safer what would you do? He's not hurting anyone! So someone breaks an unpatriotic law to BUILD themselves, and the crime is victimless. What has this really done to make him less of hero? This guy has plenty of courage. He leads by example. He knows that the criminalization of steroids should not be occuring in "The Land of The Free."
    He must break this law to realize his full potential as pro BBer. Still, he continued to protect & serve, despite destructive criticism.
    That is an example of doing whatever it takes to stand up for what you believe in- which is the principle America was founded upon.

Ronnie Coleman: the embodiment of what this country REALLY stands for. He BUILT himself. That's what soldiers have given their lives for. So other brave men can have the freedom to make their mark in this world however they choose to.
    Why else did Schwarzenneger originally move to the U.S.? He knew there was freedom & opportunity here that could be found nowhere else. He took that & created an empire and a legacy.
    Why shouldn't Coleman have this same freedom and opportunity? JUST BECAUSE HE HAD THE BRAVERY TO FIGHT CRIME?! (REAL crime). There would be dangerous people on the street to threaten the freedoms of everyone else if people like Coleman didn't step forward with a gun & a badge to risk their lives to protect us.

Deen, you are also a hypocrite, as you have stated YOU yourself use Methyl1Testoterone, and 1Test propylcarbonate.....

{"I still have some ephedra and will use it until I run out, then I will try to find something else. Just like I will use M1T and 1test propylcarbonate until I run out, and then try to find something else."}

...I am quoting you, loser. And, you wrote that on 7/26, last week!! 1Test is...a STEROID!, by definition....

I. 1-Testosterone Info And Products
    The First Real Legal Steroid?
    1-Testosterone
    Name: 1-Testosterone
    Structure: 17-hydroxy-5alpha- androst-1-en-3-one
    Effective Dose: 300 mg/day orally, 200 mg/day transdermally, 100-150 mg/day ethergel
    Characteristics:
    1-Testosterone is a revolution in itself for the supplement industry, and with it we have entered the final leg to making supplements equally effective to steroids. Let's not kid ourselves here, some may wish to deny it, but 1-Test is an actual steroid. It's legal under the same act as prohormones, that indicates a steroidal nutrient can be sold legally if it is A) naturally occurring and B) not previously been pursued as a pharmaceutical.

II...The substance 1-Testosterone (17-hydroxy-5alpha-androst-1-en-3-one) has been reported to be seven times more potent than regular testosterone and Methyl-1-Testosterone has been shown to be even more potent than regular 1-Tesosterone. The drug 1-testosterone was methylated to protect it from liver destruction, thereby increasing oral availability. For this reason Methyl-1-Tesosterone is the most potent form of 1-Testosterone available.

These 2 paragraphs were cut and pasted here directly from THIS websites product listings for 1Test and Methyl1Test...
    look it up. If you have any integrity, you will humbly remove your preposterous articles from this website. You posting them was foolish.
    Awesome and wonderful post. The part about ronnie protecting and serving almost brought tears to my eyes. You clearly understand our culture the way only an iron brother can. Beautiful post. 10 times more potent, logical and coherent than the diatribe that started this review thread.

Unregistered
    Lame article. A good upstanding Christian? So's my grandmother but so what? And this skinny mofo's wife won the women's championship? Can anyone say 'politics'? Someone's building an organisation around their family, methinks.

Keep lifting.

'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' - Voltaire.

Unregistered

Ronnie

I believe he decided to go as a cop after he found out that the job was perfect for his intellect.

Hesh is not very helpful. (-500) Hesh is not very helpful. (-500) Hesh is not very helpful. (-500) Hesh is not very helpful. (-500) Hesh is not very helpful. (-500) Hesh is not very helpful. (-500) Hesh is not very helpful. (-500) Hesh is not very helpful. (-500) Hesh is not very helpful. (-500) Hesh is not very helpful. (-500) Hesh is not very helpful. (-500)
    Do we know for sure that Ronnie does illegal substances though? Where is the proof? Just because he is that massive is evidence enough?

Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
    Do we know for sure that Ronnie does illegal substances though? Where is the proof? Just because he is that massive is evidence enough?
    stop being naive

thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000)

C'mon now.....

Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
    Ronnie is definitely gifted genetically to a degree as far as muscularity ... you know, the guys that seem like all they need to do is look at a weight and put on muscle size. He does posess a muscularity that even most guys using steroids would never be able to equal. And yes, he can lift obscenely huge amount of weights. BUT, do not trick your self to believe that he is 100% natural. Most of the pros today..... "supplementation" is the price of admission and necessary to be able to compete with the mass monsters of today. Today, bodybuilders such as Bob Paris, Samir Bannout, Boyer Coe and Porter Cottrell would be hard pressed to compete against these new giants without assistance, because the public wants to see the muscle freaks. And the supplement companies want to give the public what it wants to keep the sales up! And to that end you have to have those huge specimens out there on the posing stage.

And I'll admit that to see these guys is unbelievable and intriguing....something to see just how far the human body can be pushed and just how much muscularity the body can support. And the bodu MUST be coaxed...by lifting VERY heavy and by physiological and chemical changes to obtain those proportions.

And if Ronnie or others choose to use, that is their business. And there is also too much at stake personally and financially to admit if they did use AS......would you?

R
    My favorite part of Bodybuilding is the sleeping because then I don't have to worry about eating all day!! :)

24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thebigguy1 View Post
    Ronnie is definitely gifted genetically to a degree as far as muscularity ... you know, the guys that seem like all they need to do is look at a weight and put on muscle size. He does posess a muscularity that even most guys using steroids would never be able to equal. And yes, he can lift obscenely huge amount of weights. BUT, do not trick your self to believe that he is 100% natural. Most of the pros today..... "supplementation" is the price of admission and necessary to be able to compete with the mass monsters of today. Today, bodybuilders such as Bob Paris, Samir Bannout, Boyer Coe and Porter Cottrell would be hard pressed to compete against these new giants without assistance, because the public wants to see the muscle freaks. And the supplement companies want to give the public what it wants to keep the sales up! And to that end you have to have those huge specimens out there on the posing stage.

And I'll admit that to see these guys is unbelievable and intriguing....something to see just how far the human body can be pushed and just how much muscularity the body can support. And the bodu MUST be coaxed...by lifting VERY heavy and by physiological and chemical changes to obtain those proportions.

And if Ronnie or others choose to use, that is their business. And there is also too much at stake personally and financially to admit if they did use AS......would you?

R
    Is that your definition of natural? The idea that taking supplements make people un-natural? Give me a break, and about the sup companies giving us what we want, maybe to an extent, at least in the past years there are now more 'flavourful' supplements, and maybe better quality, but to what degree does supplementation effect gains? Not that significantly to define one who usies supplements as being "un-natural." The claims are highly over-rated, and exaggerated, and even sometimes misleading, only making people 'think' they are dangerous, or that if they use blank companies product than they will build 10 pounds of muscle in only four weeks, or take this blank companies product and loose 20 pounds in four weeks. Sometimes you even see in commercials in the fine print, "results not typical."

I would have to disagree on that account. I won't impose my views on you, however I will state the facts here. Supplements are exactly just that. Protein powder is no miracle drug, all it is, is just simply protein, the only difference being digestion, quality, and quantity. Its not going to magically make you build muscle, your body must be in demand for protein (working out for example) in order to promote a positive nitrogen balance AKA skeletal muscular hypertrophy. Supplementation is just a small fraction of the equation. Anyhow, I am not bashing you.
    Last edited by 24/7 Study; 03-13-2007 at 07:17 PM.

thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 24/7 Study View Post
    Is that your definition of natural? The idea that taking supplements make people un-natural? Give me a break, and about the sup companies giving us what we want, maybe to an extent, at least in the past years there are now more 'flavourful' supplements, and maybe better quality, but to what degree does supplementation effect gains? Not that significantly to define one who usies supplements as being "un-natural." The claims are highly over-rated, and exaggerated, and even sometimes misleading, only making people 'think' they are dangerous, or that if they use blank companies product than they will build 10 pounds of muscle in only four weeks, or take this blank companies product and loose 20 pounds in four weeks. Sometimes you even see in commercials in the fine print, "results not typical."

I would have to disagree on that account. I won't impose my views on you, however I will state the facts here. Supplements are exactly just that. Protein powder is no miracle drug, all it is, is just simply protein, the only difference being digestion, quality, and quantity. Its not going to magically make you build muscle, your body must be in demand for protein (working out for example) in order to promote a positive nitrogen balance AKA skeletal muscular hypertrophy. Supplementation is just a small fraction of the equation. Anyhow, I am not bashing you.

Give you a break? Sure! LOL!! No, seriously no bashing at all, but read my comment VERY CAREFULLY! I am NOT stating that supplements make a person un-natural or that taking supplements are un-natural. And when I say "supplementation", let me spell it out......S-T-E-R-O-I-D-S.

The statement that I was making is that the supplement companies rely on the big huge blown up muscular look of the pros to push their products. Supplements are exactly that...they SUPPLEMENT your dietary needs to build muscle. HOWEVER, you would have to be naive to think that you can take these same supplements and think you will look like Ronnie Coleman. The supplement industry is a mega-dollar business, and a lot rides on the promotion and advertisements.....hence your favorites muscle guys to promote it. And yes, I know all about positive nitrogen balance, muscle hypertrophy, etc etc as I have been bodybuilding for almost twenty years....and I repeat, you CANNOT look like Ronnie Coleman without some type of AS, "additional supplementation" (tongue in cheek wink....). And like I also said, that is a personal decision...

So, in the event my post was mis-understood, I stand corrected, but that IS my point.....
    My favorite part of Bodybuilding is the sleeping because then I don't have to worry about eating all day!! :)

24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10) 24/7 Study is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thebigguy1 View Post
    Give you a break? Sure! LOL!! No, seriously no bashing at all, but read my comment VERY CAREFULLY! I am NOT stating that supplements make a person un-natural or that taking supplements are un-natural. And when I say "supplementation", let me spell it out......S-T-E-R-O-I-D-S.

The statement that I was making is that the supplement companies rely on the big huge blown up muscular look of the pros to push their products. Supplements are exactly that...they SUPPLEMENT your dietary needs to build muscle. HOWEVER, you would have to be naive to think that you can take these same supplements and think you will look like Ronnie Coleman. The supplement industry is a mega-dollar business, and a lot rides on the promotion and advertisements.....hence your favorites muscle guys to promote it. And yes, I know all about positive nitrogen balance, muscle hypertrophy, etc etc as I have been bodybuilding for almost twenty years....and I repeat, you CANNOT look like Ronnie Coleman without some type of AS, "additional supplementation" (tongue in cheek wink....). And like I also said, that is a personal decision...

So, in the event my post was mis-understood, I stand corrected, but that IS my point.....
    Very well spoken. I agree with you 100%.

asde12345678 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think this is a very terrible article for a number of things, one the government banned steroids but for what reason? steroids have killed 0 people in the world yet cigarettes are still available when there is a track record of 400,000 deaths a YEAR but they still allow it to be sold? i really see nothing wrong with the use of steroids when there are 1000s of things worse then that which will kill you which are still being sold. 2nd the so called natural bodybuilders are not so natural, they use anything from hgh and insulin so i highly doubt if the steroid use was to be stopped bodybuilding would go mainstream faster, you have to realise just because the government banned something doesn't mean its morally wrong.