kmalt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmalt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmalt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmalt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmalt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmalt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmalt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmalt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry Tips for bulking up for a tall skinny guy

6 foot 150 lbs. yeah i know..... had thoughts about taking tha juice but im not an idiot i cant do that. so anyone have any motivational tips to keep me consistent with trying to eat 5-6 meals a day, 8 hours of sleep and any tips or ideas that will help me bulk up? i read all this stuff about guys putting on 20 lbs in a year and more and thats really what i wanna do this year so does anyone have ANY tips? how many days a week should i workout? what kind of splits? etc etc

i used to do:
    M- C&T
    T- B&bis&4arms
    W- Shoulders&legs
    Th- monday
    Fri- Tuesday

now i do

M- Chest
    T- Back
    W- Shoulders
    Th- Tris
    Fri- Bis
    Sat- Legs

anyone have some tips? i understand eating a lot and protein and supps but i need some old fashion legit stuff that can help me get to where i want to get?

Kimpa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will be watching this with great interest! as i like you suffer from being tall and skinny!

I am 6ft nothing and weight 142 pounds... so you already have some ground on me! I have NO idea when it comes to working out i am a total newb to all this!

I have a VERY basic routine...

5 days a week Monday to Friday i do;
    20 bicep curls
    20 Shoulder raises
    20 Dips
    20 Push ups
    20 Crunches
    1 minute Bridge

I then repeat this 5 times to equal 100 of everything each day... and i have increased my daily intake to the point where i am more or less forcing myself to eat when i am not hungry.

Any advice out there would be much appreciated! Hope you don't think i am trying to hijack your thread mate! just thought seeing we both have the same goal i may as well join your thread...

LebanonDon will become famous soon enough. (+50) LebanonDon will become famous soon enough. (+50) LebanonDon will become famous soon enough. (+50) LebanonDon will become famous soon enough. (+50) LebanonDon will become famous soon enough. (+50) LebanonDon will become famous soon enough. (+50) LebanonDon will become famous soon enough. (+50) LebanonDon will become famous soon enough. (+50) LebanonDon will become famous soon enough. (+50) LebanonDon will become famous soon enough. (+50) LebanonDon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i started at less than 120lbs and diet is the biggest thing. i eat healthy like chicken fish and veggies everyday in three meals and my other 2 or 3 are steaks and burgers from home or a couple from mcdonalds. grab some donairs or subway double meat double cheese. also throw bis and tris both into the same day.

regivel2005 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Try to bump up your caloric intake. for me eating 5 times a day is hard so i drink Weight gainer 2200. in between meals.

Eat 5 times a day. and if you cant get enought protiens from the food you eat, drink some protien shake. Go to GNC buy Whey protien powder.

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what the Hell does anyone need to eat 5 times a day?
    Why does anyone need weight gainer?
    What is this, southpark?

BEEFCAKE! BEEFCAKE!

Hey OP, you are 17 and not fat.
    here is an idea:

Eat a lot of good food.
    Red meat if you cant get calories into your diet.
    Carbs because they are tasty.
    Eat ice cream. Its awesome.

Lift weights.

Take a multivitamin.

Grow.
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kimpa View Post
    I will be watching this with great interest! as i like you suffer from being tall and skinny!

I am 6ft nothing and weight 142 pounds... so you already have some ground on me! I have NO idea when it comes to working out i am a total newb to all this!

20 bicep curls
    20 Shoulder raises
    20 Dips
    20 Push ups
    20 Crunches
    1 minute Bridge

I then repeat this 5 times to equal 100 of everything each day... and i have increased my daily intake to the point where i am more or less forcing myself to eat when i am not hungry.

Any advice out there would be much appreciated! Hope you don't think i am trying to hijack your thread mate! just thought seeing we both have the same goal i may as well join your thread...
    You are doing far too much work, and will not see gains this way.
    You are overtraining your body, and will not grow this way.

You must do only a few sets of an exercise then stop when growth has been stimulated (ie, the muscle is at a state of failure and you cannot lift another rep) and then rest so you may grow.

If you do so much work, you just start to catabolize your muscle, and start running in place.

Go read the stickies here and learn how it works. Its all very simple.
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

sexy7matt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy7matt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy7matt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy7matt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy7matt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy7matt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy7matt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy7matt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy7matt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy7matt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy7matt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will be watching this thread as well, as I am 6' and 160 lbs haha
    I learned that most of mine was that I didn't eat enough, but I think I may have overtrained my muscles as well

Kimpa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post
    You are doing far too much work, and will not see gains this way.
    You are overtraining your body, and will not grow this way.

You must do only a few sets of an exercise then stop when growth has been stimulated (ie, the muscle is at a state of failure and you cannot lift another rep) and then rest so you may grow.

If you do so much work, you just start to catabolize your muscle, and start running in place.

Go read the stickies here and learn how it works. Its all very simple.
    I will be sure to have a look around! I never thought it was to much as after a week i find it very easy to complete with no muscular pain during or after. However when it comes to this stuff i really do know nothing!

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I will be sure to have a look around! I never thought it was to much as after a week i find it very easy to complete with no muscular pain during or after. However when it comes to this stuff i really do know nothing!
    if youve got weights you need to find a weight to lift that you can only manage 10 reps. do it 3 times, youll probably fail to lift 10X on 2nd and 3rd sets. look up 'full body' routines. only lift on alternate days. when you can start lifting 3X10 without failing on last reps, up the weight 5kg or so and same again.

eat lots :-)

all the advice is here in the stickies

jd5568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP: Try a different program. IMO for someone tall and skinny (like me!) then Full body workouts 2-3 times a week will work best for you. Concentrate on increasing poundage as often as possible.

Try The Squats and milk program or SS.

kincades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

To many reps

20 bicep curls
    20 Shoulder raises
    20 Dips
    20 Push ups
    20 Crunches
    1 minute Bridge

Im a skinny guy also..ive been seeing progress on heavy weight..i go till failure...about 4 sets of each exercise..make sure ur hitting basic exercises like squats, bench press, and deadlift...they are all compound exercises (works more than one muscle) oh and when u lift do about 80% of ur max weight. Hope this helps!