Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000)

Best way to get rid of muscle soreness?

What's a good way to get rid of or minimize muscle soreness after a workout? I worked my legs yesterday and today they kill like crazy, should I do some stretches? maybe go for a walk and walk it off? any suggestions? How about other body parts?
    thanks.

The Mag Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting topic...i'll up it for ya.

Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000)
    ya, you already know the answer du'. You just got to stretch before/during/after a workout. Esp. after leg days, i stretch before bed....helps. Also, hot ( i mean dumb hot) showers or bath works to relax the muscles too....and of course rest.
    "Im the greatest scientifically inclined mind since einstein" -canibus-

KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A Good itake of potassium will help, eat a couple of bananas a day.

DIDACTIC BB "HCIC" TESTOSTERONE's Avatar
    TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000)

Cool

try DMSO or MSM for muscle sorness
    these are two substances that are proven to fight and releive muscle sorness, I don't have any links but you can do a search on the web to get more details
    *GODSMACK*

sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000)
    others i can think of...

drink lots of water!
    alternating hot and cold water right after a workout.

JuJu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Treat DOMS like you would any other injury, that is after all what it is minor muscle damage, stretch post w/o then cold shower the area, if sore next day cold shower or ice the area for the first 24hrs and then introduce wet heat, continue stretching throughout. DONT jacuzzi or hot shower post w/o as this adds to the inflammation and so slows recovery.
    "I will use your strength to defeat you" W.J.Shakespear

sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000)
    just to back the alt. hot & cold showers:
    cold water is a vaso-constrictor while hot water is a vaso-dilator when alternated every two or so min., the circulation is vastly improved in the affected region.

Whit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been taking MSM for muscle and joint soreness for a year now and the stuff is amazing! What I am curious about is how MSM works to relieve the soreness. For it to work really well you need to take about 6-10grams per day.

How does MSM work?

DIDACTIC BB "HCIC" TESTOSTERONE's Avatar
    TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000)

MSM .....

msm....
    inhibits pain impulses along nerve fibers....
    it also dilates blood vessels and increases blood flow which helps reduce the amount of lactic acid.. which in turn irritates the sore muscle...
    it is believed that it works b/c it's a bioavailable source of sulfur which sulfur plays avital role in neurotransmitter functions along with others that I can't remember..I'll check back later..
    *GODSMACK*

sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    While this is a little expensive, I have found that getting a good deep tissue full body massage the same day after a workout routine helps me not have sorness. I did extreme legs one day to where normally I would barely be able to walk the next day, even with strectching and stuff. But an hour afterwards I had a great massage by a great massage therapist. I was not sore at all.
    If you always talk about how you could be in great shape if you just worked out and ate right, why don't you just work out and eat right?

MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000)

walkin helped...

I went for an easy 30min or so walk the day after I worked my legs. My legs were killing me when I started , but felt a lot better after my walk. So I guess maybe to help muscle soreness post workout , you shouldn't just sit and moan about it, but rather go out and do something that involves light use of that muscle group. Say you worked you tri's, maybe go and shoot a few hoops... I think I'll try that next time.

j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why would you want to get rid of muscle soreness in the first place? This to me is one of the ultimate pleasures of working out.

SIXPAK GQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIXPAK GQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIXPAK GQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIXPAK GQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIXPAK GQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIXPAK GQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIXPAK GQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIXPAK GQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIXPAK GQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIXPAK GQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIXPAK GQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    smoke crack or weed..hey how about some morphine....
    Copyright @2004 SIXPAK GQ.
    "No Pain, No Gain"

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    As much as i stretch its not enough, i just wait 2 days, and its gone.

Registered User littlestrongman's Avatar
    littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    make sure you are eating proper
    this will help minimize muscle soreness
    (more materials available for repair=faster recovery)
    my body is a machine...my determination controls it...my willpower maintains it...and my intensity is the fuel for its drive to perfection.

Tony Soprano Stunt Double philemon666's Avatar
    philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I usually see it as an indication of how hard you've hit your muscle, soreness as long as it doesn't last more than a few days is harmless, plenty of sleep usually minimises it for me.

intense4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intense4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intense4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intense4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intense4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intense4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intense4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intense4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intense4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intense4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intense4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i agree with mav, i love the soreness, without it i feel like i've made no progress whether i actually did or not.

LincolnHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LincolnHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LincolnHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LincolnHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LincolnHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LincolnHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LincolnHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LincolnHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LincolnHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LincolnHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LincolnHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you really feel that the pain is unbearable, and you just can't stand it, maybe weight lifting isn't for you?

I can honestly say that... not a day has gone by in the last three years that I have been totally pain free. There's ALWAYS a sore muscle in my body SOMEWHERE... whether it be my tri's, my pecs, my hams, or my calves.

Registered User Complete Muscle's Avatar
    Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Vitamin C: the new wonder supplement!

Sounds simple huh... 1000 mg vitamin C decreases DOMS considerably. I heard this over on Elite, and figured it was cheap enough to give it a try. I'm tellin ya - IT WORKS!
    Make time to eat!

bbgun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I know this is an old thread but...

Why has no one recommended creatine or glutamine?
    If you can't eat, you'll always be a fairy.

Sublime88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sublime88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sublime88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sublime88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sublime88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sublime88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sublime88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sublime88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sublime88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sublime88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sublime88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    stretchin

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Wonder if OP's legs are still sore, after 7 years?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

WhiteAfricanSpaceChrist peteskeys's Avatar
    peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dynamic stretches and a good ol' foam roller, just what the doctor ordered.
    Student.

Currently in the midst of a mac and cheese + hamburger helper bulk. Come at me, bodyfat.

When I am a lean 220+ then maybe I'll have an avatar, until then: foreverfaceless.jpg

I rep back.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by j_r_mav View Post
    Why would you want to get rid of muscle soreness in the first place? This to me is one of the ultimate pleasures of working out.
    This. Embrace the soreness.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    try taking glutamine, creatine, bcaas, or green tea for doms

MRBEETS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink heard that

Originally Posted by j_r_mav View Post
    like this dude says,handle the pain,love it

quat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    wonder if op's legs are still sore, after 7 years?
    bwahahaha

Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A branch chain amino supp will aid in recovery, but nothing like a good stretch session followed by cardio and finish with a good stretch session, make sure to stay plenty hydrated

SemperMachina is a name known to all. (+5000) SemperMachina is a name known to all. (+5000) SemperMachina is a name known to all. (+5000) SemperMachina is a name known to all. (+5000) SemperMachina is a name known to all. (+5000) SemperMachina is a name known to all. (+5000) SemperMachina is a name known to all. (+5000) SemperMachina is a name known to all. (+5000) SemperMachina is a name known to all. (+5000) SemperMachina is a name known to all. (+5000) SemperMachina is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Try soda crystals in a bath. Works a charm for me!