Thread: 4 day Routine

JustR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

4 day Routine

I haven't done this yet I just kind of put it together just now...is it something worth trying?? I already know what I'm a do for my next routine change but just wanted to give myself another option..please critque

Mon-Lower Body

Squats- 2 sets
    SLDL- 2 sets
    Calves- 2 sets
    Abs- 2 sets
    Obliques- 2 sets
    Hyperextenstion- 2 Sets

Tues- Upper Body

Wide Grip Weighted Pull Ups- 2 sets
    BB Rows- 2 sets
    Incline Press- 3 sets
    BB or DB Military Press- 2 sets
    Bent-over Rear Lateral Raises- 1 set
    Skullcrushers- 1 set
    DB Curl or BB curl - 1 set

Wed-Off

Thurs- Lower Body

Deadlifts- 3 sets
    Leg Press- 2 sets
    Leg Curl- 2 sets
    Calves- 2 sets
    Abs-2 sets
    Oblqiues- 2 sets

Fri-Upper Body

T-bar or 1 arm DB row - 3 sets
    Bench Press- 2 sets
    Leaning Fwd. Weighted Dips- 2 sets
    Lateral Raises-2 sets
    Shrugs- 2 sets
    Close grip Bench Press-1 set
    DB Hammer Curl- 1 set

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am impressed that so many of you spend the time to come up with these routines. ..I am being serious.

It is something I do not do I prefer not to write anything down. Never using a set routine I guess I have a memory that allows for it.

Not being a fan of 4 day workouts but your younger than I am (39).
    I would suggest evening everything out to 3 sets. Do two (2x10)warmup sets at or near half weight prior to those. Using weights that allow for a max of 3-4 reps.

PS if/when some goof says "you NEED to work everything twice a week." Ignore that you took the time to create the routine use it for a time and see if it works for you.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: 4 day Routine

Originally posted by JustR

Mon-Lower Body

Squats- 5 sets
    SLDL- 2 sets
    Calves- 2 sets
    Abs- 2 sets
    Obliques- 2 sets
    Hyperextenstion- 2 Sets

Tues- Upper Body

Wide Grip Weighted Pull Ups- 5 sets
    BB Rows- 3 sets
    Incline Press- 3 sets
    BB or DB Military Press- 3 sets

Wed-Off

Thurs- Lower Body

Deadlifts- 5 sets
    Leg Press- 2 sets
    Leg Curl- 2 sets
    Calves- 2 sets
    Abs-2 sets
    Oblqiues- 2 sets

Fri-Upper Body

T-bar or 1 arm DB row - 3 sets
    Bench Press- 2 sets
    Leaning Fwd. Weighted Dips- 2 sets
    Shrugs- 2 sets
    Close grip Bench Press-1 set
    DB Hammer Curl- 1 set

I changed it up a bit. But I like your routine alot.
    I have a similar routine. I have made great progress with it and plan on stayin with it for a few months and changing it slightly

Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by DanMc
    I am impressed that so many of you spend the time to come up with these routines. ..I am being serious.

It is something I do not do I prefer not to write anything down. Never using a set routine I guess I have a memory that allows for it.
    I'm impressed that you can remember everything! If I didn't have my little clipboard telling me what to do, I couldn't remember the exercises, let alone what weight I was doing on them... :P

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by DanMc

how do you know if you are making progress?

I forget if I got 5 or 6 reps with 215 or if the last rep was sloppy or if i did 5 or 3 sets.

I keep track of everything. I write down my rest periods too.