Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bicep Workout

Latinner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Latinner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Latinner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up Bicep Workout

I've been doing bodybuilding for a coupple months, I'm not too strong but I'd like to build bulky biceps as soon as I can.

I do this workout Tuesdays and Fridays, tell me what you think. Ofcourse I do other exercises, but this is just for biceps.

Bicep Curl 3 sets of 8 10kg dumbells
    Rest 5 mins
    Hammer Curl 3 sets of 8 10kg dumbells
    Rest 5 mins
    Concentration Curl 3 sets of 8 10kg dumbells
    Rest 5 mins

Steve

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)

the best bicep workouts are chinups, pullups and BB rows

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    curl more weight

Latinner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Latinner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Latinner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How much more weight?

Like I said, I'm a beginner and I can't handle much more weight.

ViolatorJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViolatorJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViolatorJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViolatorJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViolatorJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViolatorJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViolatorJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViolatorJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViolatorJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViolatorJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViolatorJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You shouldn't be able to regular curl, hammer curl, and concentration curl the same weight for the same reps.

Example, I do hammer curls with 35lb dumbbells for 10 reps, but I only use a 25lb dumbbell when if I do concentration curls.

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    a weight that allows for 4-5 reps. if you work your arms to much they will not grow. keep in mind nearly every exercise uses your arms.

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wouldnt do conc curls , make sure you work your whole body with progressively heavier weights , use the basic exercises such as pullups , bb rows , squats , deads , overhead presses .

8-10 kgs is descent weight for a begginer , when i strated i couldnt curl 7 kgs once but now i `m using 30 + kg dbs for sets of 12 reps , keep at it and you `ll reap the rewards .......
    Attached Images
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

So your saying I should use a heavy weight for normal curls, then use less for hammers, then even less for concs..?

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Latinner
    So your saying I should use a heavy weight for normal curls, then use less for hammers, then even less for concs..?
    Yep , use the exercises in which you can use the most amount of weight , those will maker you grow faster , have you tried barbell curls ???
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

Very well, can you suggest what weight for each exercise?

And how many sets reps?

If i was you i d keep it to :

BB curls as heavy as you can for 4-6 reps x 3 sets
    Db curls 10-12 kgs x 4-6 reps x 3 sets

That s it
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

What's wrong with Hammers and Concs?

jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nothing wrong with hammer curls...

Concentration curls... relatively worthless for mass...

What's wrong with Hammers and Concs?
    With conc curls you are isolation the bis to the max , this isnt good for mass building or strength building .
    Nothing wrong with hammers but if you cant go as heavy on them dont bother , use your heaviest exercises
    Attached Files
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

So is there anything good about concs??? Besides they're fun to do?

BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Mikey1

i agree close grip chins are in my opinion the best exercise for developing biceps.
    part of DA...keep it on the QT

I don't like the idea of decreasing weight to get more reps.

And are you guys saying conc curls are pointless?

Thumbs up

I don't like the idea of decreasing weight to get more reps.

No , i `m just saying there are better options to base your workout on
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    whoever said to do chins, pullups, and rows is correct.

to hit the bicep even harder use an underhand grip.
    i haven't done a curl in months and my arms are still growing.
    i am confident that i can curl more than i did before when i used to curl twice a week.

the only exception for curls i would make are hammer curls.

Check out my last bi workout , i used lots of pussy exercises but with enough weight to cause good damage , i make the Ez-bar curls ands db curls the meat of my workout , not neglecting heavy weighted chins and rows :

-Alternate db curls

70 x 10

-Concentration curls

right arm :70 x 3 ---> 55 x 2
    left arm : 70 x 4 ---> 55 x 2
    right arm : 70 x 2--> 55 x 2
    left arm : 55 x 9
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

Originally posted by A-rod
    Check out my last bi workout , i used lots of pussy exercises but with enough weight to cause good damage , i make the Ez-bar curls ands db curls the meat of my workout , not neglecting heavy weighted chins and rows :

-Alternate db curls

70 x 10

-Concentration curls

right arm :70 x 3 ---> 55 x 2
    left arm : 70 x 4 ---> 55 x 2
    right arm : 70 x 2--> 55 x 2
    left arm : 55 x 9

I did some Preachers too with a 65 lb db , i didnt count reps or sets , that ´s why i didnt post it here or in my journal
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

I'm increasing the weight to 12kg, and reducing the sets and reps to 2 x 6.

With the three exercises, I'll be doing 6 sets in total.

I aint doing any pull ups and the like, that's not what I call pumping iron, and pull ups tend to make people defined not bulky.
    ---
    Embrace the Iron

I'm increasing the weight to 12kg, and reducing the sets and reps to 2 x 6.

With the three exercises, I'll be doing 6 sets in total.

I aint doing any pull ups and the like, that's not what I call pumping iron, and pull ups tend to make people defined not bulky.

Right on , 6 sets heavy sets are enough

Pullups making people defined ? no exercise will make people defined , it `s about eating less than you burn .

If it ´s too easy , starp some weight on and rep to sets of 4-6 reps with heavy ass weigths will work best , as long as you can pull yourself all the way up ....
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

? nothing will make you defined except for eating less and cardio

if you can do more than 6 pullups, add weight.

how's that for iron....

Yeah true, but when I said defined, I actually meant like a swimmer.. you know what those sort of very high rep exercises do to you. Everyone i've seen doing pull ups dont have bulky arms..
    ---
    Embrace the Iron

Everyone i've seen doing pull ups dont have bulky arms..

Everyone i've seen eat is fat. that doesn't mean if i eat i'm gonna get fat.

drop curls for a month, do weighted pullups and reverse grip rows and see your improvement.

I guarantee it!

test your one rep max on barbell curls before and after.

Pullups make biceps bulk up?

I've looked through the bicep workouts on bb.com and none of them include pullups..
    ---
    Embrace the Iron

jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10) jino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In terms of mass, in my opinion, YES.

Luther1921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Mikey1

Maybe for an advanced bodybuilder, indirect work might be enough for biceps. But I guarantee that every beginner will benefit more from doing curls than not doing them.

Originally posted by Luther1921
    Maybe for an advanced bodybuilder, indirect work might be enough for biceps. But I guarantee that every beginner will benefit more from doing curls than not doing them.

I used to think that. That's when i was brainwashed by bodybuilding mags by Weider

i stoped doing curls all together and hit the pullups and rows hard with a reverse grip.

My bicep size and strength is better than ever.

- Luther - i have a question about your stats - you claim you bench 225*6 but can only do dips with 50extra lbs 6 times?

doesnt make sense. I can do dips with 100 lbs on my waist for 5 reps and I cant do 225 more than 3 times for reps right now. All your lifts dont add up.

and you are 20 lbs lighter than me and a few inches taller. Whats up?