Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whats your favorite weight lifting quotes?

Some of mine are "Train Hard, or Go Home" and "Less is More".

BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens.

I always think about Arnold saying this when I'm at the end of a tough set, and it always seems to motivate me well

Has Muscle Dysmorphia!!!! jonnyb's Avatar
    jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    shut up and squat

spaz1810 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaz1810 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaz1810 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    best way to keep fit is humping and pumping - arnie

theres no need to work forearms, a teenage boy masterbates more than enough - lee priest

aszxcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aszxcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aszxcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aszxcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aszxcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aszxcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aszxcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aszxcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aszxcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aszxcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aszxcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    everybody want to be a bodybuilder but nobody want to lift no heavy a@@ weights ronnie coleman

SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nothin to it but to do it!... i thought of that one day before a set

MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Glad you started this thread, I've been wanting to for a long time now. Here are some of my favs:

"**** pain, drink whey" - Me

"Intensity builds immensity" - Kevin Levrone

"Shut the **** up and train" - Animal ads

"Go hard/heavy or go home" - Anonymous

"LIGHT WEIGHT!" - Ronnie Coleman

"Beware the battle cry of the gym pussy: 'I dont want to be big, I just want to get toned!'" - Big Red

Down the road, in a gym far away
    A young man was heard to say
    "No matter what I do, my legs won't grow!"
    He tried leg extensions, leg curls, leg presses too
    Trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he'd do!
    From the corner of the gym where the big guys train
    Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain
    Where the big iron rides high, and threatens lives
    Where the noise is made with big forty-fives
    A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees
    A very big man with legs like trees
    Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack
    Chalked his hands and monstrous back
    Said, "Boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten!
    Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN'!"

- Jeff "MADDOG" Madden

"You're gonna have to go through hell, worse than any nightmare you've ever dreamed. But when it's over, I know you'll be the one standing. You know what you have to do. DO IT!"

-Duke (Tony Burton), Rocky IV

I have a few other ones that I have to look up. I'll post those later.
    Keep punishin'

Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by MaxPunishment

Down the road, in a gym far away
    A young man was heard to say
    "No matter what I do, my legs won't grow!"
    He tried leg extensions, leg curls, leg presses too
    Trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he'd do!
    From the corner of the gym where the big guys train
    Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain
    Where the big iron rides high, and threatens lives
    Where the noise is made with big forty-fives
    A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees
    A very big man with legs like trees
    Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack
    Chalked his hands and monstrous back
    Said, "Boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten!
    Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN'!"

- Jeff "MADDOG" Madden
    Whoa... nice.
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

-ohashi

BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigKlosk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by MaxPunishment
    "Beware the battle cry of the gym pussy: 'I dont want to be big, I just want to get toned!'" - Big Red
    haha I like that one

Location: Throw it up, hold it up, gun bust, 4 fingers up, two twisted in the middle with the thumb tuck
    Rodity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "You need to focus on compound lifts. The big 3: Bench, squat and deadlift. These are the real mass builders. Being an ectomorph, you'll greatly benefit from the extra testosterone and IGF-1 hormone that these movements release. Keep at it, and GOODLUCK!"

Alexisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To look good ,you have to feel bad-Thats my Motto

i always say it to myself on Squat day.

TotalImmortal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "ROCK AND FIRE!" are my favorite words of encoragement to yell at your training parter.

Oh, that and "Lord loves a workin' man!"

Joshua15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.

Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it.

What I want is to be number one.

You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement.

Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.

Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great

-Steve Prefontaine (all)

Carrying these quotes in the back of my head make me never want to quit.

Qazz123 is not very helpful. (-500) Qazz123 is not very helpful. (-500) Qazz123 is not very helpful. (-500) Qazz123 is not very helpful. (-500) Qazz123 is not very helpful. (-500) Qazz123 is not very helpful. (-500) Qazz123 is not very helpful. (-500) Qazz123 is not very helpful. (-500) Qazz123 is not very helpful. (-500) Qazz123 is not very helpful. (-500) Qazz123 is not very helpful. (-500)
    mines "to much squats and no curls makes jack a dull boy"
    ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''

-383969 in red

tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Qazz123 View Post
    mines "to much squats and no curls makes jack a dull boy"
    haha!

its not about how much you can lift, its about how much you LOOK like you can lift

HaxD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Shut the f*ck up and train"
    And
    "Squats and oats"

Havmoller will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havmoller will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havmoller will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havmoller will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havmoller will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havmoller will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havmoller will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havmoller will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havmoller will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havmoller will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havmoller will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "The pain you feel today, will be the strenght you feel tomorrow".
    Visit my blog JustTrainFitness.com

Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Read my signature. Most epic quote lifting quote ever.
    Best lifts to date/goals by July 2013 (ALL RAW)

Squat: 200kgx1 /200kgx1 (goal achieved)
    Bench: 120kgx1 / 130kgx1, 102.5kgx15
    Deadlift: 235kg x 1/ 240kgx1
    OHP: 80kg x1/ 90kgx1

Over All Goal - Elite wilks total in the open age group
    **Registered volume addict**
    **SCARED OF IPF JUDGES CREW**

TWITTER: @The_Lifting_Doc
    YOUTUBE: TheNumber2Jersey (videos of my lifts can all be found here)

Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah buddy! Light weight baby!!

muscleking93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleking93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleking93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleking93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleking93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleking93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleking93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleking93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleking93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleking93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleking93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah buddy!

Ain't nothing but a peanut -Ronnie Coleman

Krieg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krieg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is as satisfying to me as cumming is. You know -- as having sex with a woman and cumming. So can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am, like, getting the feeling of cumming in the gym, I'm getting the feeling of cumming at home, I'm getting the feeling of cumming backstage when I pump up. When I pose out in front of five thousand people, I get the same feeling, so I am cumming day and night.

Can't beat the Arnold quote tbh.

Registered User EternalPleasure's Avatar
    EternalPleasure is on a distinguished road. (+10) EternalPleasure is on a distinguished road. (+10) EternalPleasure is on a distinguished road. (+10) EternalPleasure is on a distinguished road. (+10) EternalPleasure is on a distinguished road. (+10) EternalPleasure is on a distinguished road. (+10) EternalPleasure is on a distinguished road. (+10) EternalPleasure is on a distinguished road. (+10) EternalPleasure is on a distinguished road. (+10) EternalPleasure is on a distinguished road. (+10) EternalPleasure is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "duuuude If I finish this set maybe a hot chick would suddenly come over and do naughty...naughty things with me."- anonymous

RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure."

ShawnC25 is just really nice. (+1000) ShawnC25 is just really nice. (+1000) ShawnC25 is just really nice. (+1000) ShawnC25 is just really nice. (+1000) ShawnC25 is just really nice. (+1000) ShawnC25 is just really nice. (+1000) ShawnC25 is just really nice. (+1000) ShawnC25 is just really nice. (+1000) ShawnC25 is just really nice. (+1000) ShawnC25 is just really nice. (+1000) ShawnC25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    inb4 everyone else realizes this thread was bumped from 2004.

LYL87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lift Hard...Die Huge - Anonymous

ken9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ken9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ken9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ken9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ken9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ken9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ken9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ken9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ken9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ken9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ken9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

quotes

bodybuilding is my religion, the gym is my church.

the pain you feel today is the strength you'll feel tomorrow

success comes to those aren't afraid of failure

i'll do what he won't today, so i'll do what he can't tomorrow

success is the only option, failures not.

no pain, no gain

right now someone out there is getting bigger, make that person you

stop dreaming and turn your dreams into reality

excuses wont get you any bigger

rome wasnt built in a day

success will come one day, until then i'll make every single rep count

i'll prove the haters wrong

youve put blood sweat and tears into this, after all these years, every set and rep that you pushed your hardest. Dont give up now
    Last edited by ken9; 12-25-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: mistakes were made

hardcoreshit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcoreshit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcoreshit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcoreshit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcoreshit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcoreshit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcoreshit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcoreshit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcoreshit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcoreshit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcoreshit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ShawnC25 View Post
    inb4 everyone else realizes this thread was bumped from 2004.
    And the kid who did it has one whole post. Lol
    Rise above hate.

Christosgouu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your dreams are always gonna be the most important to you than they will be to anyone else. So keep dreaming. Keep believing. Keep pressing forward. So all those warriors out there be encouraged.
    -Kai Greene

usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My signature
    Team Force Factor Rep
    www.ForceFactor.com
    Monster Mash 2014 prep???
    Performance Protein + oats=<3
    Pharmacy technician/Cop
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/force-factor/force-factor.htm

Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "No excuses"