Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz

Pics from Contest Day

After looking at the photos, my assessment:

Contest Prep:
    -I was holding too much water
    -I was still a little too depleted, not much, but some
    -The Dream Tan was applied to THICK

My Physique:
    -Chest needs to be brought up
    -Back THICKNESS needs to be brought up
    -Traps need to be brought up
    -Triceps need to be brought up
    -Quads, Hams, Calves, and Shoulders are pretty good and will not require as much attention

On to the contest. As I mentioned, I weighed in a 180.4 lbs. I was the lightest out of 16 light-heavy weights.

I'm all the way on the right (all 16 of us were on stage at the same time)
    Attached Images

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    I think my hams/glutes came in nicely
    Attached Images

I'm all the way on the right
    Attached Images

Me in the middle
    Attached Images

Side Tri
    Attached Images

Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry

man, looking crazy.

Got any pics of the winners, i want to see how they could of beat you....
    Trying to be the best I can be, without having to do my best.

#82 took 1st
    #84 took 3rd
    Attached Images

Notice the back thickness the guy in the middle has
    Attached Images

The guy on the left has awesome triceps
    Attached Images

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Derek, the fact that you were able to stand up there so close to these guys who are all prob way older than you is just amazing. The guy who took 1st did truly earn it. Do you have any more pics of the guys that beat u? I'd like to see the pic of the guy that got top 5 and really shouldn't have. Do you have ne of him? I'm very much looking forward to beast training 1.0 as well. Hopefully it will be up soon.

Chuckles
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

The guy on the left took 1st
    The guy on the right took 5th I believe (but not sure)
    Attached Images

Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    damn those are some crazy physiques. You still gave them a contest.

These next few pics were taken about 2.5 hours after prejuding
    Attached Images

Lat
    Attached Images

Rear Bicep
    Attached Images

rear db
    Attached Images

Rear Lat
    Attached Images

Side Arm
    Attached Images

Last one. All comments welcome.

Double Side Arm
    Attached Images

that last one is pretty crazy looking, good job. You won in my book.

Saving Muscle Since 2004 SavesTheMuscle's Avatar
    SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Harland
    that last one is pretty crazy looking, good job. You won in my book.
    Bump to that!

Your hammies/glutes looked crazy! Awesome detail in back too.

When does the growing begin ?
    Workout Log:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=5195771#post5195771[/url]

Big Supplment Review: Updated as of 8/1/04
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=32c727bafc0d97038e2f325a8e7a9f20&threadid=295441[/url]

"Sucess is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchhill

antman49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Your rear bicep and side arm poses look great. Don't think many can pull that off and look good. Did you intend to compete in the light-heavy division?

I thought I would come in weighing 185, but was actually 180. If I would have known I was going to be that light, I would have tried for the middle weight division.

The growing begins tomorrow

antman49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Did you find out where you actually placed? Middleweight is where I would have guessed for you. 10 more pounds, 190 for light-heavy. The guy that won did look shredded. Tough to go against that mature muscle.

Saving Muscle Since 2004 SavesTheMuscle's Avatar
    SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Beast
    The growing begins tomorrow
    That right there, is a DEDICATED man.

Any word on the bulking section?
    Workout Log:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=5195771#post5195771[/url]

Big Supplment Review: Updated as of 8/1/04
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=32c727bafc0d97038e2f325a8e7a9f20&threadid=295441[/url]

"Sucess is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchhill

Originally posted by antman49
    Did you find out where you actually placed? Middleweight is where I would have guessed for you. 10 more pounds, 190 for light-heavy. The guy that won did look shredded. Tough to go against that mature muscle.
    He was also super dry and vascular. Muscle maturity was definitely there. I won't know where I placed until they release the score cards (not sure when that will be).

Originally posted by SavesTheMuscle

Any word on the bulking section?
    Not yet. Email Ryan and ask

Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Beast
    Side Tri
    that pose looks really good on you bro.

and you're smiling!!!!
    Fatloss thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=311486
    Fatloss post with attached diary: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=657290963&postcount=117

jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

1. The guy who got first deserved it.
    2. The guy who you said maybe got 5th did not in mho you look better but it would take more pics to see better.
    3. I am glad that you have such a great attitude about it, keep ya head up!
    4. You were ripped as helll but holding water and as you said you did not seem as full onstage as you did in the pics taken later.
    5. You are right of all your ''weaknesses'', You upper body gets a bit overshadowed by your lower body. All you need is some more mass and above all thickness in those areas you mentioned and you are set.
    6. Your legs, esp. the hams, were awsome. With a drop in some water you were holding they would be even more awsome! Trully a scary thought! :thumbs up:
    7. F*** the haters!!!! You did your best and your fysique is better then most on this board by far and most who are your age by far as well for that matter!!! Keep your head up, train hard, stay focussed/dedicated, experement a little to tweak your fysique in order to peak better and you will be dominant!!!
    Bst of luck Derek!
    peace
    J

NWP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NWP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NWP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NWP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NWP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NWP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Derek, congrats on everything. I'm sure you are disappointed, but believe me, this will only help you to work that much harder. Most of those guys look a lot older and there is no way a person in their early 20's can have muscle maturity like men in the their mid to late 30's.
    I'm just curious as to how you have planned out these next few weeks as far as raising calories are concerned. I know it's easy to eat everything in site and jump up 20 pounds in no time. I assume you are going to take a more moderate approach in raising calories. Can you give us a quick idea of what you have planned? Thanks.